2010-06-21
New Items
users online
P&R
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:35:44  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
In today's political environment, if you disagree with the GOP, you are a liberal. At least according to all of the neocons. Who cares if the GOP itself can't agree on anything? Irrelevant!
What the hell is a Republican, anyhow? A Democrat who likes guns? They're both big-government, huge-expenditure lackwits who pander to their electorate while doing as little as possible to serve them.

A real Republican is anti-big government and anti-taxes.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:38:08  
Altimaomega said: »
In today's political environment, if you disagree with the GOP, you are a liberal. At least according to all of the neocons. Who cares if the GOP itself can't agree on anything? Irrelevant!
What the hell is a Republican, anyhow? A Democrat who likes guns? They're both big-government, huge-expenditure lackwits who pander to their electorate while doing as little as possible to serve them.

A real Republican is anti-big government and delusional.
ftfy

taxes are a necessary part of society.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:39:26  
Jetackuu said: »

ftfy

Only in the mind of a democrat.

Edit: or do you just assume that by "anti-tax" I mean ALL taxes.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:40:32  
ftfy

Only in the mind of a realist.
ftfy

not everything is a partisan issue, and I'm definitely not a democrat.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 19:41:13  

A real Republican is anti-big government and anti-taxes.
Go look up "No True Scotsman fallacy."

My point was not what they claim to be but what they really are.

Also, for the record, Republicans aren't anti-taxation.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:42:26  
ftfy

ftfy

You keep saying it, but then you go off sounding just like one.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 19:42:58  

ftfy

You mean someone who likes paved roads, running water, fire departments, and maybe some laws? Taxes are necessary for any modern society. Unless you'd like to live in a real life version of road warrior...
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:44:21  
Its awesome how you guys take anti-tax and assume its all taxes. I also said anti-government does that mean they want No government?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:46:07  

Again: not everything is a partisan issue.

Not to mention that you don't know what the *** you're talking about. Go get an education.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 19:46:15  
The great republican in the sky Abraham Lincoln was all about taxation and big government.
So was Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon and contrary to popular revisionist legends Ronald Reagan.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-19 19:46:15  
ftfy

ftfy

A Democrat, a Libertarian, and Republican walk into a bar. A Democrat will buy a round of drinks for all, a Libertarian will share in the merriment, and a Republican will yell "OW!"

and yes, regardless of stance, or political affiliation, taxes are necessary, unless you'd be willing to pay for septic draining, infrastructure, and so on, out of your own pocket, or for services that are made readily available to the public, on the government's dime (which is really part of the taxes you pay)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-19 19:46:43  
How dare you guys take words to mean what they actually mean. Losers!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:47:45  
Its awesome how you guys take anti-tax and assume its all taxes. I also said anti-government does that mean they want No government?
You said anti-big government, you used no such modifier for your distaste for taxes, so as per your own words, it is the only logical deduction.

Say what you mean next time if you have a problem with how people take it.

Still: taxes are necessary for society to function.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:48:58  
Odin.Jassik said: »

ftfy

You mean someone who likes paved roads, running water, fire departments, and maybe some laws? Taxes are necessary for any modern society. Unless you'd like to live in a real life version of road warrior...

why do we need more taxes? and are you really gonna make me go look up the stupid amount of taxes other than the basic's?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-19 19:50:33  

ftfy

why do we need more taxes? and are you really gonna make me go look up the stupid amount of taxes other than the basic's?
Why do we need more taxes? I dunno, perhaps it has something to do with the free market dictating the price of materials and labour, required to provide the aforementioned services, that keep society running.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:51:18  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Oh look. 1. 2. 3. 4. Almost everyone is here.

If you would, for the guy you like to refer to as a neocon, can you please remind me of one extreme right position I have taken?

Flushed the rest out, its just like hunting pheasants.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 19:51:30  
Stop *** using an apostrophe for plural words, you illiterate half-wit. Did you not finish fourth grade?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:52:42  
because the government is inefficient because instead of improving upon things, both sides like to bicker, but you know, keep supporting that bickering.

In such a wealthy nation we really should have single-payer healthcare and better education and infrastructure systems, the last of which is my biggest beef.

We should really put more money into infrastructure. A new "new deal" should have happened 6 years ago, instead of the bailout garbage.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-19 19:52:49  
Why do we more taxes? I dunno but if we could collect on some of those trillions hiding in the tax havens we probably wouldn't be talking about more taxes...that and if we didn't have a FIAT currency.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-04-19 19:53:27  
Stop *** using an apostrophe for plural words, you illiterate half-wit. Did you not finish fourth grade?
This is kind of why we can't have nice things. Cool your jets, dude.

Our taxes are inefficiently spent. That's a great point. They should be reworked. Reworked =! cutting the crap out of everything that's not military, though.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:54:22  
Only taxes I'd really like to see go up at the money is capital gains tax to be raised to the same level as income taxes.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 19:56:44  

ftfy

You said (taxes are necessary)"only in the mind of a democrat". Unless you'd like to clarify EXACTLY what taxes you agree/disagree with, what you're arguing is that taxes should never go up (strongly disagree) or that you should be able to choose what your tax dollars are spent on.

This is why we have representative democracy, because the average person is too short-sighted, stupid, and emotional to make those kinds of decisions. Unfortunately, we're electing people who are exactly that as well.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-19 19:57:12  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Our taxes are inefficiently spent. That's a great point. They should be reworked. Reworked =! cutting the crap out of everything that's not military, though.

He never made that point. Don't give him credit for something he couldn't think to say.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-04-19 19:58:30  
That's the core implication of "taxes bad." There's five people brow-beating him over it, I'd rather move the conversation along than tally points.
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 19:58:37  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Just ignore the elitist grammar-spelling "I went to college for english" nazi. He only does that when he doesn't have an argument and needs to feel better about himself.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:59:16  
This is why we have representative democracy, because the average person is too short-sighted, stupid, and emotional to make those kinds of decisions. Unfortunately, we're electing people who are exactly that as well.
here people, we isolated how our society is supposed to be run and the problem with it.

Now the trick is: how to fix it, as the same people (or at least their masters) have done a great job in brainwashing the general masses to keep the status-quot.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 20:02:20  
Just ignore the elitist grammar-spelling "I went to college for english" nazi. He only does that when he doesn't have an argument and needs to feel better about himself.

I've already made my argument. I am just offended that you keep repeating a mistake that would embarrass a 9-year-old. You've said that the only thing you like about your area is the school system and I am left thinking that it was because it had no minimum attendance policy.

Though perhaps I should thank you for doing everything I was pontificating about on the last page and then congratulating yourself for being a self-deluding martyr who arrives carrying his own cross.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 20:03:57  
here people, we isolated how our society is supposed to be run and the problem with it.

Now the trick is: how to fix it, as the same people (or at least their masters) have done a great job in brainwashing the general masses to keep the status-quot.

The only people that have a shot at even trying to fix it are the tea party. That's why everyone on both sides hate them.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 20:05:51  

The only people that have a shot at even trying to fix it are the tea party. That's why everyone on both sides hate them.
roflol...

OK, I was right: "delusional"
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-04-19 20:06:00  

I've already made my argument. I am just offended that you keep repeating a mistake that would embarrass a 9-year-old. You've said that the only thing you like about your area is the school system and I am left thinking that it was because it had no minimum attendance policy.

Though perhaps I should thank you for doing everything I was pontificating about on the last page and then congratulating yourself for being a self-deluding martyr who arrives carrying his own cross.

I like how you base my education on my grammar and spelling on the internet. rofl News flash dude, its the internet nobody but people like you give a ***.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8