users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Returning Player - Shabti Gear
Returning Player - Shabti Gear
 Asura.Brehanin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Brehanin
By Asura.Brehanin 2014-03-10 16:16:10  
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have the following set of gear so far:

ItemSet 318127

I was wondering if I should purchase some Shabti Gear - I don't have an Cizin gear yet from Skirmish. The defense on Shabti, along with other bonuses, is attractive, but I'd lack the accuracy my build has.

I have a -PDT set (about -40ish%) already.
Perhaps a Shabti build could be useful for holding a mob whereas my set above could be used when engaged for DD?
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-03-10 16:36:47  
Chiv chain.....

There's a whole thread on pld, and relic/artifact reforged is a thing now, I MAKE shabti, and can't condone wearing it... they're macro pieces.

Skirmish is incredibly easy to obtain.
 Shiva.Otoshimono
サーバ: Shiva
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Otoshimono 2014-03-10 16:37:07  
Aegis.
 Asura.Brehanin
サーバ: Asura
user: Brehanin
By Asura.Brehanin 2014-03-10 16:41:25  
I know about the chiv chain ... embarassing.
I am going for Ziel at the moment for neck.

I was away for about 3 years or so, and I am catching up on gear. Slow going, but making progress. I don't have much of the starting gear for upgrading to 119. Thinking I'll finish all empy +2 for when we can upgrade it to 119.

I know people will say Aegis or Ochain, but I can play maybe a couple hours a night, 4 nights a week at most. I want to be the best I can with the time I can invest.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-10 16:54:43  
Well, you've got the right shield for the moment. Killedar is second only to Ochain for physical dmg reduction. It's a good choice till you have the time/resources to work on Aegis/Ochain. And even if you had Aegis, Killedar would still be better when not getting spammed with magic dmg.
[+]