Why Do SE Fail So Hard At Customer Service?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Leey
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:03:38  
Before i post this no replies about "this is pointless nothing will be done" "your e hurt over your friend" or any other pointless replies please because im making this to find out just how many ppl SE have *** over, now for the story.

My friend Xenien (orginally from Fairy moved to Odin then to Hades) and has been playing 4 years, he recently got hacked and asked SE for a data recovery to which they did problem is... they rolled him back to 2007 when he was on fairy server, in doing this he lost a number of 75 jobs tons of gear, merits, missions, well you get it.

When he asked them to change it they told him they cant because he agreed to a roll back, fair enough yes he agreed but is SE really that *** stupid they think someone would want there account rolled back so far without even asking? he was told they can only roll it backwards not forwards, in saying that why would they roll it so far back? why not 2 weeks? 1 month? 2 months? so if they get it wrong he has another chance.. but 2 YEARS? if im being biast feel free to point it out but to me that is *** stupid.

Does SE really believe some of the ***they do is acceptable for a company of there size? or fail so hard at customer service they believe this is normal? when he thanked the manager for throwing away 3 years of hard work he replied "No, you did, you agreed to this." so not only did they *** him over after he had been hacked they talk to ppl like that... i know when 14 comes out alot of ppl are going to quit for it and of course some will stay but i cant help but feel with stories like this the ppl who do stay are going to get nothing for help, nothing for updates, nothing for service, and just dirt thrown on them for paying SE monthly while they continue to act like retards with FF14.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 12:05:18  
They must want him playing longer to gain back what they made him lose so they can get paid more. It's quite clever really.
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:06:04  
-.- o snap
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:06:40  
lol.... That's hilarious.
[+]
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:07:17  
>.> why is it funny... im sure if this happened to you or a friend it wouldnt be so lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 12:07:23  
SE can do what they want, because we both know despite them *** Xenien over so hard, he will likely continue playing. SE did dwhat was most convenient for them, not you. But you'll continue playing, making what they did just and fine. Does it make it right? Not at all.

That does suck for your friend though.
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:09:04  
he quit but sadly your right and with 14 coming round the corner its only going to get worse i guess
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:11:09  
Naah, I'd still think it's funny. And if I do ever get hacked with my token on the account, I'll just quit and play PW or single-player games until XIV comes out.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 12:11:36  
Although you'd think with the generalized attitude of the FFXI community with XIV around the corner, that SE would want to pump some life into the customer service field to keep current players happy and entertained until it's release. They can abandon all hope once XIV is out, but to do so for the stretch of months until it is, is quite foolish.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-07-27 12:12:43  
That's too bad ... at least now i know what to make sure when i ask them to roll back my char if something happens.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:14:40  
Leey said:
thats awesome when someone wastes 3 years of your life in a day let me know and remind me to laugh.
People take the game waaaaaay too seriously. At the end of the day, it's just data on a server in Japan. It's not YOUR LIFE. Those people that get upset about something so trivial need to step back and think about it.
[+]
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:14:41  
heh yea at least this gives some kind of warning, i wouldnt wish what happened to him on anyone.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 12:16:12  
Tbest said:
Leey said:
thats awesome when someone wastes 3 years of your life in a day let me know and remind me to laugh.
People take the game waaaaaay too seriously. At the end of the day, it's just data on a server in Japan. It's not YOUR LIFE. Those people that get upset about something so trivial need to step back and think about it.

its not the game

hes angry at the customer service
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:16:49  
lol, ninja delete? And I'd think it'd be common sense to make sure exactly how far they're rolling your character back... I'm sure he'd probably be able to pinpoint within at least a day when his account was compromised.

Angry at customer service for what? Doing what he asked them to do?
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:16:52  
True its a game some take to seriously but a game, a job, a gf, w/e if anyone wasted 3 years of your life your going to be somewhat pissed, could argue him playing is what wasted the time but that of course is debatable what SE has done however isnt.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:18:11  
Punctuation goes a long way, Leey. >.>
[+]
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:18:41  
yea it was a ninja delete i dont want to create an arguement over forums because its pointless, and he gave a date of a hack and a date of when his account was ok, they ignored both and decided 2007 was best... <.<
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:20:39  
Please lets not go there "lol, ninja delete?" capital where? "Naah," isnt a word, its the internet not an english class -.-

ninja edit: im here to discuss SE not how bad my english is.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:20:58  
*Shrugs.* I'd confirm the EXACT date that they're rolling back to before they do the roll-back. Then get a confirmation e-mail stating the date. Like they say in the business world... CYA - Cover Your ***.

lol... I said punctuation to go with your uber long sentence and the many commas. :P
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:22:14  
Problem is they did neither >_> only email he got or confirmation was when it was finished which of course was to late, hence why i say SE fail.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 12:22:54  
Yeah, for a situation like that you'd want to give them as much specific information and desired conditions as possible, otherwise how they "fix" the problem is totally in their hands.
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:23:16  
Tbestifyoucanreadallthiswithoutfailijustwastedsomanysecondsofyourlifebitemeandmypunchtuationloveyoulongtime

they also send you a file which you send back with dates and info, so they had all the info needed just choose to ignore it and press the "go *** yourself" button.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 12:24:21  
Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* I'd confirm the EXACT date that they're rolling back to before they do the roll-back. Then get a confirmation e-mail stating the date. Like they say in the business world... CYA - Cover Your ***.

lol... I said punctuation to go with your uber long sentence and the many commas. :P

because people never use common sense while doing something

Customer service is there to help the person not make him quit

by failing @ doing his job they lost a customer

Doing a "good job" will help the bizz Keep customers not lose them

its bad practice
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:26:58  
Artemicion said:
Yeah, for a situation like that you'd want to give them as much specific information and desired conditions as possible, otherwise how they "fix" the problem is totally in their hands.
Yeah. That's like hiring a contractor to take out a window and only telling him that you want the window taken out. Sure, you want the hole that the window is in framed, dry walled, painted, etc. It's not his fault if he gives you the quote that you then sign off on and you're not happy with it after the job's done.
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:29:43  
>.> bad example and like i mentioned they had all the info needed, he sent me the file with his info on to look over it had all they needed to make a good choice (the day before he got hacked duh) they choose 2007 >.>
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 12:29:55  
you always forget the line

the customer is always right

if hes not happy he leaves

= bad bizz

Also, its the dood job to actually "ask" or at least inform the person
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-27 12:31:35  
Tbest you're wrong here. Your real life example isn't even valid. SE does not ask you when you want to be rolled back to, and quite frankly they do not care.

You request the rollback. They tell you that it's the only one you will ever be able to do, and then it happens. Your input doesn't even matter in the process.

Stop trying to argue with people just for the sake of arguing.
[+]
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-27 12:35:25  
anyone else got any SE *** me stories? im interested now.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-27 12:36:50  
Rollback to 2007? What the ***, SE?
They should update their rollback info every month. I thought that's what they did, but this is just epic fail.
I've never had to deal with SE about anything serious, so I can't really say anything about them first hand. If they did this ***to me I'd quit for sure. I doubt they are that stupid in the end.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:37:02  
lol... If you say so. Looks pretty valid to me. If someone's going to be doing something to 'property' (even though you don't "own" your character) of mine, I'm going to get a definite scope of EXACTLY what they're going to be doing or they won't be doing anything.

I've known someone that got hacked and then had their character rolled back. They got an exact date that the SE employee would return it to and then agreed to it from there.
First Page 2 3 4 5