Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-02 22:26:08  
Each time you cast a spell, including ninjutsu, you lose at least 3 seconds of swinging time. Even if you don't notice, that's very significant, and just fulltiming a DT set will almost always involve less DPS loss than casting shadows whenever the timer is up.

SAM is particularly badly suited for shadows because Hasso and Seigan nerf their cast and recast time, and because they have Seigan naturally (which while it is not the same as shadows mechanics wise, fulfills a generally similar function).
By aigulfe 2018-08-02 23:30:00  
Yeah, ive never felt the need or want to /nin on a 2H job just bad synergy there. Id just like to live in a world where I could only worry about max dps without consequences lol. Plus I think even with /nin, only time in dyna that you're casting much is if you pull hate or on the midboss, where shadows may even increase your dps if you avoid the stun effect from seismostomp, especially if that enables you to continue the SC if there is one.

Sometimes I just read posts or responses and get the sense that what works for some just wont work for most. Im not rolling into dyna with a full alliance ever. Maybe 12 ppl on a good day, 7-8 on a bad day. Having support stacked up on all sides just isnt a luxury we all have.
By SimonSes 2018-08-09 04:15:55  
So, do we actually know what WSs are unlocked with Fusenaikyo (Su5 GKT)? Few ppl seems to have it and I can't find any info.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-08-09 16:50:35  
Has anyone used Kaiten since the update? Consistently 25k - 30k which is pretty awesome compared to same buffs prior 10-15k.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-08-09 17:27:48  
No idea lol and that's not what I was asking >.>
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-08-09 18:02:22  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Has anyone used Kaiten since the update? Consistently 25k - 30k which is pretty awesome compared to same buffs prior 10-15k.

Dunno, relic ws are pretty underwhelming. My namas/metraton/scourge are poop.

Coronach seems like the only hard hitting ws in comparison.

What content are you seeing those numbers on
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-08-09 18:36:31  
Yeah I rotate my weapons every now and again on a weekly basis and yeah relic ws are indeed horrid.

Pretty much all content, specifically Dynamis D with same buffs prior to the update. There is definitely an increase, nothing on my end changed at all.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-08-09 20:28:08  
Fusenaikyo would perform poorly w/ kaiten anyway since it doesn't have amano's +40% dmg increase, probably
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-08-11 09:04:36  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Yeah I rotate my weapons every now and again on a weekly basis and yeah relic ws are indeed horrid.

Pretty much all content, specifically Dynamis D with same buffs prior to the update. There is definitely an increase, nothing on my end changed at all.

Any further testing on this? How does fudo compare to kaiten in the same situation?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-08-11 09:10:13  
I mean it's literally still the same, Fudo hasn't changed and is still better. Point is Kaiten has sucked for years, not so much since the update.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-12 15:43:56  
What are the minimum augments needed on Valorous Mask/Greaves to beat Flamma +2 options for WS?

I already have Flamma +2 and am currently trying to get decent augments on Valorous, so would like to know when I can start using them for WS.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-12 16:03:23  
Oh, all right. I completely missed the time this was discussed so I was under the impression that to beat TA+5%, you'd need close to perfect augments.

Here is what I got for head atm. I guess this isn't enough to beat Flamma +2 yet, getting 4-5STR on top of it shouldn't be too difficult.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-12 16:34:48  
Use Taupe Stones, and shoot for 10-15 STR, 3-4wsd. If you get 15str 3wsd, take it. If you get 10STR 4 wsd, take it. The difference in STR:WSD is comparable in both scenarios, so always try to go for the upper-ends of an attribute if possible when it comes to those pesky str/dex/agi+wsd augments. I've always felt personally that using Fern stones for WSD augments was a horribly one-sided gamble that is pretty costly. You can also cheese it by using Pellucid stones and praying to RNGesus. Oddly enough, most of my good wsd augment pieces have come from pellucid just trying to throw them away. I took several shots at high acc/att and RNGesus blessed me with additional stats I couldn't have dreamed for better. Also, its DM campaign, so not a bad time to start spamming techniques for a chance at something awesome.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-12 17:35:04  
I've been trying DM for the first time but nothing so far. I've used Fern, got STR+8 and WSD5 on hands (and some other stats like acc/atk) and that on head.

Those are all stones from when I farmed some Reisenjima 2 years ago so, no real headache for now. I guess I'll try the Pellucid and Taupe I have, too.

Thanks for the rough numbers, this helps a lot.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-22 03:53:18  
Another question regarding JP farming this time. I'm really behind, I'd like to grind Su3 asap, what is the best self SC path when soloing Apex bats?

I have Amano and Masamune available (in case Kaiten is relevant).
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-22 05:19:13  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Another question regarding JP farming this time. I'm really behind, I'd like to grind Su3 asap, what is the best self SC path when soloing Apex bats?

I have Amano and Masamune available (in case Kaiten is relevant).

I find Aeonics aeonics are the best weapons for Apex, but given your layout I'd say the Empy since it will boost Fudo's capabilities.

Sam is problably currently the easiest job to master via Apex parties. Fudo -> Kasha (Fusion) -> Shoda (Light) -> Fudo (double light) works well if fully buffed.

For Sam, the best CP parties are: Whm (Empy legs), 2x Melee DD [Ws/TP sets], Brd (3 song is fine), Cor (Sam+Cor roll), Cor (Chaos+Allies' roll). Then proceed to have the 2x DD pull/self SC/kill their own mobs with max buffs -> maybe 100 JP/hour if on bats and people have gear.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-22 05:30:26  
I'll mainly be solo, well, with trusts. So BRD and COR buffs but no GEO.

I see, I've been doing something similar with Amano, I guess Masamune will be a big enough boost over Amano that it'll make things faster.

I'll keep those details in head in case I find a party, but those are pretty rare on my server, people usually bot their JPs.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-22 06:26:58  
DirectX said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
For Sam, the best CP parties are: Whm (Empy legs), 2x Melee DD [Ws/TP sets], Brd (3 song is fine), Cor (Sam+Cor roll), Cor (Chaos+Allies' roll). Then proceed to have the 2x DD pull/self SC/kill their own mobs with max buffs -> maybe 100 JP/hour if on bats and people have gear.
Why no GEO? It's a a ball ache tagging mobs on GEO so I would understand if that's the reason.

Also if you want GEO effects you can swap to Sylvie. Other healers don't heal much worse than Yoran who is terrible a lot of the time anyway.

I find that Brd has an easier time with capping haste over Geo. Additionally, you can have the Brd give white magic haste as well so that even not at cap you will be close. The other issue I tend to find is that Geos seem to be mostly undergeared; of course this is a biased assessment based on my observations, but it just seems like those who play Brd go more towards gear than Geo.

Also, I've been killed my healer trust so many times, with them prioritizing dia or running away over cures. I just can't "trust" them anymore.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-22 06:41:09  
Why no GEO? It's a a ball ache tagging mobs on GEO so I would understand if that's the reason.

Also if you want GEO effects you can swap to Sylvie. Other healers don't heal much worse than Yoran who is terrible a lot of the time anyway.
I use Apu as healer but Sylvie looks tempting. I guess Kupipi can very well replace Apu so I can bust out Sylvie.

Is it worth it though?
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-08-22 06:44:48  
Kupipi has no MP management at all unless you have your BRD ballad her.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-22 07:04:39  
Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Kupipi has no MP management at all unless you have your BRD ballad her.
That's why I got Apu, but I find my BRD using Ballad from time to time.

I also have Chrukiki or Coffin, I don't remember other trust healers offhand.

I use Apu as healer but Sylvie looks tempting. I guess Kupipi can very well replace Apu so I can bust out Sylvie.

Is it worth it though?
Gives +37.5% Attack and -17.5% Defense, uses Erase, Cure 1-4, Haste 1 spell. I haven't got her myself to be honest, because I have never got around to switching, but for Apex mobs I am sure other healers would suffice.
That's pretty strong especially if she can do both at once (atk and def).

I'll check the tally on my server to see if there is more reasons to get her.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-22 10:21:07  
I use Sylvie. I used her for DRG, DRK, and now MNK soloing Apex pretty much fulltime. She has light-years better MP efficiency than any other non UC mage (minus Shantotto II), but she's heavily hindered behind Cure4. She is not the best self-healer, but if you use KoH and possible Joachim, she gets the job done for apex. She is quick about removing debuffs on you first, and she always stands in range, so Geomancy always takes effect.

Honestly, when I look back at it, there isn't much Apururu/Yoran have done for me in the past that Sylvie+KoH couldn't do. Perhaps soloing D~VD HTBF where you need the extra firepower, but for Apex, Sylvie is generally the best option for a DPS IMO. For SAM specifically, you can 4-step or spam Jinpu to heaven if Qultada is using Chaos/Fighters and Sylvie is using Frailty/Fury. Keep in mind her Frailty is entrusted, but you can cheese it by recasting her every 5~8minutes or so if you want. But for Apex which die in 15 seconds anyways, she's really efficient for a heavy-hitting DD.

For my MNK, the kills are much slower than SAM for sure, but it has high counter to fall back on, so I never notice the lack of curing at all. As long as you're not linking 3+ monsters at once and have horrible kill speed, Sylvie is going to improve your fights a good bit.

One small anecdote about Sylvie is that her spell list pattern is very small, so she usually will cast Haste 1 immediately at the start of battle. If you're using Arciela1 this won't matter much because she'll always overwrite haste 1, but if you use KoH like myself, KoH will never replace Haste1 with his Haste2, which is kind of annoying. So you have to get used to cancelling her haste in favor of 2, if you're using both.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-22 10:34:06  
I also have Chrukiki or Coffin, I don't remember other trust healers offhand.

Both are awful healers, Cherukiki moreso because she's a taru with a huge MP pool but no native refresh or Nott...Also, she spends most of her time doing regens and other silly things instead of curing, and doesn't even possess Curaga like Nashmera II does (she runs out of MP incredibly fast). I only use Cherukiki sparingly to pop Pro/shell, then I switch to Geo/RDM trusts. If I really need healing, I'll use her, but it would only be for about 2 minutes because she's incompetent beyond that.

The other option if you have Mog Gardens is Ygnas. Apparently, he's the best non UC healer at the moment.
 Ragnarok.Divx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: COSCHA
By Ragnarok.Divx 2018-08-22 11:30:00  
hey guys have 1 file gearswap for sam return in game and want work for sam now
By Foxfire 2018-08-22 13:45:01  
Er, what?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 153 154 155