Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-26 12:37:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
I’ve been using popoto con queso lately for the meva.
What buffs does your group normally run? Mostly wondering for last floor
By Lederic 2022-06-27 00:04:59  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Would depend on what buffs and ML you are. Use food with Accuracy if you are not capped, Grape Daifuku, sushi etc.

If you are capped accuracy without food use Attack/STP food. Can also you attack/defense food

What are best atk/stp food?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-27 01:24:54  
Ignoring Repast, probably Pork
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 16:49:15  
Assuming no R25 Nyame head, is Mpaca better than my Val mask with STR+11 WSD+4%?
By Nariont 2022-08-05 17:03:53  
Yes eve DM head would lose, tp bonus is that good
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 17:09:51  
Nariont said: »
Yes eve DM head would lose, tp bonus is that good
What do you mean DM head? I remember when Mpaca first came out and people were saying it wasn't going to be that good. I have been using it since I checked community guide anyway - the acc is much better than my shitty Val mask.
By Nariont 2022-08-05 17:38:37  
By DM i mean dark matter that can net you up to +10 wsd, think youd need something like 15~ wsd at least to beat out the tp bonus on mpaca so long as it has full effect on most of sams dmg varies ws'
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-05 18:30:41  
Starbucks said: »
Assuming no R25 Nyame head, is Mpaca better than my Val mask with STR+11 WSD+4%?
For non-hybrid WS Mpaca head bests R25 Nyame (Unless the tp bonus is doing nothing)
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-10 08:23:55  
Well folks, we won the lottery
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 08:40:06  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Whats the thoughts on the +2 legs interaction with Hasso, not sure how its going to factor in given the wording:

AF+3 Hands -> Hasso +4
EF+2 Legs -> Hasso: Haste +3%

I'd like to assume they are going to stack and the Legs won't be counted as gear haste due to how it's worded.

Think also Tate+1 body still wins for Glass Cannon but we got a new Hybrid body for sure.
you only need one or the other to hit 80% though
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-10 09:01:54  
Tate might win for glass cannon, but iirc empy body is necessary to get to 100% (25% zanhasso).
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-08-18 05:10:54  
Whats the thoughts on the +2 legs interaction with Hasso, not sure how its going to factor in given the wording:

AF+3 Hands -> Hasso +4

I'd like to assume they are going to stack and the Legs won't be counted as gear haste due to how it's worded.

Think also Tate+1 body still wins for Glass Cannon but we got a new Hybrid body for sure.

Has this been tested with the +1 version of the legs? Hoping it's JA haste /pray. BG says JA haste.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-18 05:48:28  
Anybody bothered to compare Empy+2 body with Mpaca maxrank and Kendatsuba+1?

Empy+2 => Zanshin, lotsa STP, -DT, lotsa acc/att, decent Meva/MDB (these will likely become quite nice and not "just" decent with the +3)

Mpaca => decent STP, decent acc/att, lotsa MDB, -PDT, TA, lolcrit

Kendatsuba+1 => good TA, decent acc, lotsa meva/mdb, lolcrit, subtle blow

Tatenashi+1 => good TA, good acc, some att, lolcrit, some stp, some zanshin, shitty meva/mdb

I'd be curious to see if someone mathed it out.
In terms of pure damage it might be the case where all the other 3 options are (slightly) superior to Kasuga+2, and this difference will likely get even smaller with the +3 version.
Still, if you ask me I'd probably keep Kasuga+2 on regardless because *** glasscannon.
If anything Kasuga+2 body/legs should provide good enough defensive stats to allow you to use a couple of Tatenashi+1 in the other slots like, I don't know, hands and feet maybe.

It's worth noting how Tatenashi and Kasuga bodies "only" have 3% haste instead of the typical 4% but, even with Kasuga legs+2, this won't be an issue since tipically SAMs equip belts with haste on it like Ioskeha or Sailfi.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-18 08:46:10  
The way I'm looking at it.

Kasuga Domaru +2 and Kasuga Haidate +2 mean that I can now do a hybrid DT set for odyssea without using Nyame gear to meet minimum MDT requirements in the set.

I haven't decided if I am going to Replace Tatenashi Haramaki +1 yet in Glass cannon set. I think I might for Zanhasso, because the extra zanshin I think might be worth it.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-08-19 06:28:13  
For Hybrid purposes, this is the best I could come up with for a post-Sortie TP set. Kasuga Earring +2 over Cessance would be better if you have it. DA on the cape. This assumes no SAM roll. With SAM Roll, adjustments to STP in gear would need to be made pending on roll # (mainly rings, earrings and ammo), but I stopped caring about hyper minmaxing to that extent years ago.

ItemSet 386211

Compared to what I was using before, this is 141 M.Eva, 3% PDT and even higher DPS than my previous set. It's about time SAM got good hybrid options.
[+]
By dontclickme 2022-08-21 16:28:54  
these are my current tp sets, and i've been thoroughly enjoying them. sub telos for jse earring.

ItemSet 378239

ItemSet 386228
[+]
By Wyrmnax 2022-08-24 05:55:44  
So...

Nyame vs Mpaca head for Wses... is there a way to figure out whats better for me?

Ive been running tests for a while, and while it seems that for the straight up physical WSes Mpaca is the way to go, the results feel too close to each other on kagero / goten for me to actually decide.

Is that anyone that did the math on those?
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-08-24 09:17:40  
dontclickme said: »
these are my current tp sets, and i've been thoroughly enjoying them. sub telos for jse earring.

ItemSet 378239

ItemSet 386228

I still personally prefer the Tatenashi feet but other than that this is the set I'm going to try too. Just made the 3 pieces today but haven't got the earring yet :(
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-08-24 10:10:03  
Asura.Jokes said: »

AF+3 Hands -> Hasso +4

Has this been tested with the +1 version of the legs? Hoping it's JA haste /pray. BG says JA haste.

The +1 also has it written in this way - it is JA haste, but has never stacked with AF hands. With cappped magic and gear haste you will hit delay cap with either piece.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-24 10:21:48  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
it is JA haste, but has never stacked with AF hands.
Since when? When I tested it in the past they stacked.

Edit:Feet as well
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-08-24 10:31:00  
Asura.Bippin said: »
it is JA haste, but has never stacked with AF hands.
Since when? When I tested it in the past they stacked.

Edit:Feet as well

I'll be honest when I say never i'm referring to original testing, likely on wakido hands+1 and unkai legs +2. If you have tested the upgraded versions I stand corrected!
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-08-24 10:32:59  
Asura.Jokes said: »

AF+3 Hands -> Hasso +4

The +1 also has it written in this way - it is JA haste, but has never stacked with AF hands. With cappped magic and gear haste you will hit delay cap with either piece.

Edit: Appears to stack in fact when upgraded to iLVL. Another thread on this here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50068/does-hasso-gear-stack-now/
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-24 11:14:24  
Just cause I don't want someone to read this later and not understand.
With Capped magic haste(and gear haste) you don't need more then one piece of hasso+ to cap overall attack speed.

Its when you don't have capped magic haste that you would want to use more hasso+ gear

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Attack_Speed
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 14:00:27  
Wyrmnax said: »
So...

Nyame vs Mpaca head for Wses... is there a way to figure out whats better for me?

Ive been running tests for a while, and while it seems that for the straight up physical WSes Mpaca is the way to go, the results feel too close to each other on kagero / goten for me to actually decide.

Is that anyone that did the math on those?
Bippin answered that question multiple times.
tl;dr Mpaca wins over R25 Nyame for Physical WS.
Nyame wins for Hybrid iir.

That's assuming that you can benefit from the TP bonus on Mpaca. If you can't, then obviously Nyame will pull ahead.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-08-24 18:39:04  
I did some really weak 30mins block testing on a few sets last night and came to the conclusion that a Tatena set + Flamma head, unsurprisingly, still comes out on top in just pure DPS.

On Apex Bat with the exact same accessories, same aura trusts + Sylvie to avoid many variables, same food etc. I was getting around 3600+ DPS with Flamma Head + Tatena +1 set.

Full Mpaca set (plus Kasuga+2 legs when Hasso up, same with all 3 sets) was doing around 3250. This was previously the hybrid DT set.

Kasuga+2 Head/Body/Legs, Ryou Feet +1 and Mpaca hands for full 50% DT was also doing around 3250.

------------------------

Like I said, they were shitty tests and only 30min blocks, but it gives a vague idea of what to expect. Offensively, if just swapping the armor out, it ties with Mpaca, but loses to Tatena, which isn't terribly surprising.

Defensively, it shits on Tatena and very nicely beats out Mpaca, allowing SAM to actually reach DT cap now without using ridiculous things like Dring, DT necks etc. and losing much DPS to do so. It would be nice if it has more MEVA, but the +3 will likely take care of that when it comes out, and isn't too bad as is right now.

I'll build a hybrid set later with 42% PDT and 50% MDT, and see if I can squeeze more damage out. Using Tatena +1 hands and maybe even the feet over Ryou should net more damage. I also want to test out the sotrtie earring, but can't get it to drop. Will look into that more over the coming weeks after crafting event ends and I have farmed more of the things I wanted to test with.
[+]
By ksoze 2022-09-02 07:47:09  

ItemSet 378239

ItemSet 386228

Been staring at these sets but I really don't understand the feet choice.

Tatena or ken. seem better .. even mpaca
By Vaerix 2022-09-02 07:53:08  
ksoze said: »

ItemSet 378239

ItemSet 386228

Been staring at these sets but I really don't understand the feet choice.

Tatena or ken. seem better .. even mpaca

Do you see the Zanshin OAT? If you do and still think it's not worth it, it is. Zanshin attacks already more than double a single swing as far as tp return.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-02 09:04:58  
Ryuo feet are worse than Tatenashi+1 and, at best, equal to Kendatsuba+1 (but much less M.Eva). They were good for a short time, but there's really not much reason to use them anymore. I already touched on them a couple years ago, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, so I won't bother going in-depth into the reasoning a second time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 153 154 155