Rdm (Battle Mage)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm (Battle Mage)
Rdm (Battle Mage)
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Otomis 2013-12-29 07:11:02  
Started new since the other Rdm forums on battle gear have not been posted in over a year and I would guess irrelevant.

What are some ideas for Battle mage for rdm gear sets. What is the better choice WS for content 110 or below, since rdm is probably not battle mage'n in end game. Looking more for soloing. /Dnc or /Nin or /another, etc.

EDIT:

ItemSet 317614

Something like this possibly? Not including 119 RME's. I would assume that Requiescat is still the top WS, unless I am missing something?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-29 08:17:31  
With the sheer amount of MND RDM can now obtain, I'm fairly certain Requiescat is the strongest weaponskill in every situation where you're attack capped.

Where you're significantly attack-starved, Chant du Cyngie may perform better, but in such a sitution, casting T1's will be favorable.

The sets I have made on my profile are ok, although they're abit outdated with the addition of ilevel119 Artifact armor, and Ark Angel equipment. I haven't really been motivated to update them, as I haven't even been motivated to play the game as of late, so you can use my sets as a base or so if you so wish.

Edit: Just noticed the set you posted intially, from a quick gander it would appear to be the best RDM can obtain in regards to max DPS, although, depending on what you want to do, may need to change it up abit in favor of some PDT from Skirmish II equipment.

Buramenk'ah/That Spark sword should offer higher dps, the Ark Angel sword/Buramenk'ah is a given.
By Ophannus 2013-12-29 08:19:14  
For starters:

By Ophannus 2013-12-29 08:22:09  
Although if you're soloing, you're way better off just spamming T1 nukes for 1.6k for 4-30 MP. RDM melee doesn't compare to the sheer dmg of T1 nuke spam(though it's not as fun). With Hailstorm and Hyorin Obi and full augmented Hagondes,Baqil Staff, Dosis Tathlum and Z.Grip, doing ~1693 Blizzard I's every 2-3sec. Doubt that melee will compare to nukes, but if you insist.

Also you should also be using Heartseeker+Dudgeon Earring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-29 08:30:11  
Depends on what you're fighting, with a max potency temper, RDM can reach very high levels of double attack, at the expense of much defence/m.eva. On something where attack is capped, I would think meleeing would perform better DPS-wise, but I can offer no real math to back me in this instance.

I always prefer it though, as nuking is extremely boring, people typically play/gear RDM this way to have fun and mess about, nuking, atleast in my opinion, is entirely defeating the point.

The only real challenge RDM can do that would require the usage of nuking would be Very easy/Easy(?) Ark Angel solo-battles.
By Otomis 2013-12-29 08:46:02  
It is more so for a change of pace, my Mule Arziet is main Rdm/Whm/Blm, I mainly play DD on Otomis. Need to get him some bayld is the main focus, I know nuking is optimal but I get so damn bored. so wanted to mix things up a bit. @Kenru, I was considering going for a high Double Attack set, My friend just told me though he is having good results with Rdm/War With that set using beatific shield with shield mastery +2 augment + temper.

EDIT: quick bite. double attack /war would be about 46%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-29 08:58:25  
Can get 52% Double Attack with max temper, /WAR, and DA equipment. I typically use such a set (although preferably /NIN as attack shouldn't be a concern, and duel-wield will offer higher dps) where in hindsight, the mob isn't very powerful so which the drop in defence/m.eva isn't a consequence.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 09:00:31  
There really isn't anything worth killing that RDM would be doing damage to, so if you are, it's mostly for fun/solo. I'd say a melee setup could be a lot of fun. I haven't even thought about RDM melee since Delve came about, I'd wager there are some decent setups now.
By Otomis 2013-12-29 09:01:17  
Odin.Jassik said: »
There really isn't anything worth killing that RDM would be doing damage to, so if you are, it's mostly for fun/solo. I'd say a melee setup could be a lot of fun. I haven't even thought about RDM melee since Delve came about, I'd wager there are some decent setups now.

Aye it is mainly for the fun factor, lol.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-12-29 09:30:18  
Otomis said: »
I would assume that Requiescat is still the top WS, unless I am missing something?
Missing DA and MND.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 09:47:04  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Otomis said: »
I would assume that Requiescat is still the top WS, unless I am missing something?
Missing DA and MND.

Requiescat should still beat CDC unless you have 119 Almace, but they're much closer for RDM than the other jobs that can use both due to it's lack of attack traits and restricted subjob options.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-29 10:46:56  
Going by spreadsheet.

TP set is generally

ItemSet 260962

which beats out this due to set bonus unless you're hitting something you basically can't crit

ItemSet 317626

as for WS

ItemSet 282393

ItemSet 260965

Req is best on basically everything in the game unless its Delve NMs solo, Ark Angels solo, or you get someone to invite you to Delve bosses as I have on occasion, where if Attack Songs/Rolls ever fall CDC instantly crushes Req.

Also assuming you're not as insane as I am and willing to make two Relics to Dual Wield on RDM, Buramenk'Ah is the best Offhand with Excalibur, or Buramenk'Ah is the best main with Eminent Dagger as the best off-hand.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 11:02:37  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Going by spreadsheet.

TP set is generally

ItemSet 260962

which beats out this due to set bonus unless you're hitting something you basically can't crit

ItemSet 317626

as for WS

ItemSet 282393

ItemSet 260965

Req is best on basically everything in the game unless its Delve NMs solo, Ark Angels solo, or you get someone to invite you to Delve bosses as I have on occasion, where if Attack Songs/Rolls ever fall CDC instantly crushes Req.

Also assuming your not as insane as I am and willing to make two Relics to Dual Wield on RDM, Buramenk'Ah is the best Offhand with Excalibur, or Buramenk'Ah is the best main with Eminent Dagger as the best off-hand.

Does RDM still not get any useful dual wield gear? Also, I thought that offhanding a weapon with significantly lower delay shifted the DPS unfavorably, is offhanding mandau really competitive with offhanding buremenk'ah?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-29 11:06:01  
So far as the sheet goes I don't really see any occasions that Mandau loses to Buramenk'Ah, or that Eminent loses to another weapon when main handing Buramenk'Ah.

As for Dual Wield gear, no, RDM is basically restricted to the DW Earrings or the old body from ACP. I mean if you think about it, RDM just finally for the first time ever got a pair of 6% Haste Legs in this update, the fact we just finally got that, should prove as evidence of how lacking we are in melee gear.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 11:10:28  
RDM's melee options have never been as limited as people like to think, though. Granted, RDM was left off of amazing melee pieces like Thaumas Coat, but we've always had Dusk gear, Wally Turban, comparable waist and back options, and 2 of the best swords and best dagger, and 2 of the best weaponskills available to any weapon. It is nice to see RDM get some gear that's worth getting excited about, though.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-29 11:29:18  
Well I don't mean to say its impossible, I have always meleed and kept up my melee sets, I just mean to say we have been severely lacking next to every other Light DD. For instance back in the VW Era we had Zelus, Kudzu, Brego Gloves, Calmecac Legs, Ghadhab Nails, and then Phos as our TP set, which was ok, but next to Thaumas, Athos, Toci's, and so on, it was gimp as ****.

Its always been possible to keep up melee sets, just not anywhere near other jobs, this is the first time in quite a while we have actually been put on some great melee gear that gives some nice amount of hope to meleeing. I just hope there is more to come, and they actually work toward making RDM useful on the frontlines rather than seeing so stupidly dead set on making it Enfeebling Master than Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of None.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-29 11:35:03  
Well I don't mean to say its impossible, I have always meleed and kept up my melee sets, I just mean to say we have been severely lacking next to every other Light DD. For instance back in the VW Era we had Zelus, Kudzu, Brego Gloves, Calmecac Legs, Ghadhab Nails, and then Phos as our TP set, which was ok, but next to Thaumas, Athos, Toci's, and so on, it was gimp as ****.

Its always been possible to keep up melee sets, just not anywhere near other jobs, this is the first time in quite a while we have actually been put on some great melee gear that gives some nice amount of hope to meleeing. I just hope there is more to come, and they actually work toward making RDM useful on the frontlines rather than seeing so stupidly dead set on making it Enfeebling Master than Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of None.

I totally agree, but RDM has never been "master of none". "master of mildly useful role" is more what I'd call it. :D
By Ophannus 2013-12-29 11:59:11  
They should drop Temper to level 77, and give it to RUN also(would make them a bit more useful) then give RDM Temper II/Saber(the natural upgrade to Temper from Final Fantasy I) which should either give us more Double Attack, Increased ATK/ACC or perhaps instead of DA, give us Triple Attack+ (albeit a slightly lower level than Temper's DA)
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-29 12:10:51  
That would be nice, and another solution, which I have said on the OF many times and sadly has never gotten a response, is the idea of Bravery, which could scale in the same way as Temper does but give something along the lines of 10~20% Attack/10~20 Accuracy at cap, which would help solve our Attack issue.
By Buzzwords 2013-12-31 02:56:32  
Going by spreadsheet.

TP set is generally

ItemSet 260962

ItemSet 317626

as for WS

ItemSet 282393

ItemSet 260965

Also assuming you're not as insane as I am and willing to make two Relics to Dual Wield on RDM, Buramenk'Ah is the best Offhand with Excalibur, or Buramenk'Ah is the best main with Eminent Dagger as the best off-hand.

minor nitpick on your first tp set, it has 28% haste with a hasty pinion.

the hasty pinion is +1% haste and -5 STP

so since you're overcapped on haste, the hasty pinion is worse than even just an empty slot.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 03:41:40  
Whoops, thanks for catching that, its supposed to be Cheruski, must have accidentally thrown that in there when I was making the second set since I edited them at the same time. @_@
By Ophannus 2013-12-31 16:35:26  

Just for lulz, Might/Faith are spells in the .dats already along with Wall and Reflect.

Might looks like a thunder V followed by a flame meat-dish animation.
Faith looks like a RR animation without the Halo but has a sweet dish icy blue sparkly animation. Wall looks SIMILAR to a protect animation(blue geometric shape) which then disappears and then a purple geometric shape appears, unique sound effects too. Reflect looks the coolest. Kinda looks like Sancrocity but surrounds you with a glassy prism at the end.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-31 17:21:21  
Might = 5/15% Attack 10/30 Accuracy depending on Enhancing Magic Skill

Faith = 10/30 Magic Damage & 10/30 Magic Accuracy depending on Enhancing Magic Skill

Something along those lines would be nice. Idk what Wall would do and Reflect would go to RUN before us now.
 Sylph.Ayer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ayerr
By Sylph.Ayer 2013-12-31 17:28:35  
Wall could be a short-duration, long-recast, but high potency stoneskin, like 30 second duration, base recast of 2 minutes, but has triple stoneskin's HP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-31 17:59:36  
Thanks everyone for your contribution.

This is giving me nostalgia, back when RDM/nin could tank almost all HNM's back @ 2005-2006.

I'm actually thinking of picking rdm up again and gearing it DD style.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-31 18:32:34  
Sylph.Rafaras said: »

This is giving me nostalgia, back when RDM/nin could tank almost all HNM's back @ 2005-2006.

Prepare to have a ton of fun while being almost completely ineffective compared to every other melee job.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-01 04:01:44  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Rafaras said: »

Prepare to have a ton of fun while being almost completely ineffective compared to every other melee job.

Just say I like the challenge.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 04:05:29  
I have fun meleeing as RDM/NIN in all kinds of content, including Delve, SKCNMs, and AAs when I am invited. Not all bad, just have to make sure people know that you know what you're doing, you have the gear, and you have the skill.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-01 04:51:45  
I have fun meleeing as RDM/NIN in all kinds of content, including Delve, SKCNMs, and AAs when I am invited. Not all bad, just have to make sure people know that you know what you're doing, you have the gear, and you have the skill.

That's what I was saying. I remember when back in the day I moved from Bahamut to Alexander back in 2005-2006 and seeing people's eyes bulge out and receiving tenth's of /tell's asking me how do I do it.

As for now. It would be nice to solo Salvage2, etc... just to get that old feel back.

Also my Excalibur is still level 75, so I got alot of work to do.
First Page 2 3 4 5