Rdm (Battle Mage)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm (Battle Mage)
Rdm (Battle Mage)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-04 14:35:43  
I was under the impression Relics lost most of their benefits by being offhanded, so no damage procs/access to Mercy Stroke lead me to believe that the newer Daggers would be better. that, however, is just my gut feeling and in no way based on the maths found in the spreadsheet.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-04 14:46:04  
fillerbunny9 said: »
I was under the impression Relics lost most of their benefits by being offhanded, so no damage procs/access to Mercy Stroke lead me to believe that the newer Daggers would be better. that, however, is just my gut feeling and in no way based on the maths found in the spreadsheet.

Correct, the OD3 and access to Mercy Stroke do not persist in the offhand, however, the attack, relatively high damage and low delay do.

That said, I don't know if it's still the best offhand for Excalibur, it never really was for Murgleis or Uson/Bura.
 Asura.Celoria
サーバ: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-04-04 15:20:06  
OaT wkr dagger or sword seem to be really good offhand weapons if your acc isn't lacking, otherwise I use delve shark dagger, with haste II and march I can tp fast enough to self sc in CP parties.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Mookies 2015-04-04 20:21:38  
Ternion dagger +1 for sure.

I need to get one.
 Leviathan.Protey
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-04 20:39:14  
odium dagger offhand.

DMG:113 Delay:208 STR+13 DEX+13 VIT+13 AGI+13 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13 Accuracy+13 Attack+13 Evasion+13 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Magic Evasion+13 Resistance against "Death"+13 Additional effect: "Death"
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-04 20:45:09  
I wonder if the proc rate is high enough to be a factor either for or against the dagger.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-04-05 15:36:56  
Odin.Nikia said: »
RDM cant use Izhiikoh(not in game to see if updated, but bgwiki doesnt list job)

Thinking Ternion Dagger +1 is best off hand if acc is needed but not sure still.

But another question please.

Any fairly updated Knights of Round WS set for RDM for my Trials?

Thank you again for the help.

Crap I did say delve shark dagger didn't I? Sorry must have been caught up on the delve/wkr thing there. I meant to say skirmish dagger when acc is needed and wkr shark or wkr baby tojil with OaT when acc isn't a problem.
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2015-04-07 23:03:11  
What are the best Red Mage battle mage sets now? Been gone for a while now and want to build back up. Mainly TP set and CDC Req. And Acc If augmented gear what are the augments as well. Thank you
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-07 23:43:08  
Mostly just use augmented Taeon for TP and CDC. When I get home later I'll post my sets.
By onvasquez 2015-04-07 23:53:02  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Mostly just use augmented Taeon for TP and CDC. When I get home later I'll post my sets.

Thank You
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-08 01:16:53  
Ginsen, Asperity Neck. Steelflash/Bladeborn Earrings. Rajas Ring. K'ayres Ring. Bleating Mantle. Windbuffet Belt +1. Taeon 5/5 with the following augments: 20/20 att/acc augment with snowslits; triple attack +2 with leafslits; for the 3rd augment allowed, kind of a tossup, but I recommend 7/7 STR/DEX with dusktips.

I also recommend getting a 2nd Taeon set and putting phalanx+ augments on them. In addition, getting Telchine body and head with enhancing duration augments (legs too for haste2/refresh2/regen2/spikes on yourself, use atrophy legs+1 for the enhancing buffs that use skill (gain/temper/enspell)). And of course, get your Ghostfyre Cape augmented with enhancing duration (+20 if you can).

With being on Taeon, not only the awesome melee stats, but also the phalanx+, RDM has recieved a significant bump in power. To give you an idea, with the set I stated above and nothing but composure on (no food, no ionis, no spells) I would have about 950 accuracy and 990 attack. With the phalanx+ augments (can get up to +3 on each piece) we can have a max phalanx potency of -48 damage. We are becoming nigh invincible.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Silversean
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Silversean 2015-06-06 05:57:53  
Fotia Gear for CDC.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-06-06 18:57:47  
real quick observation not mentioned yet- using enspells prevents the "en death" effect from odium proccing. Still is worth using offhand, just don't expect to be knocking down enemies willy nilly with enspells up because of the added effect. Unless someone has direct evidence showing otherwise, 3 weeks of offhanding this weapon and I've yet to see a proc while using enspells.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-06 19:07:32  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
real quick observation not mentioned yet- using enspells prevents the "en death" effect from odium proccing. Still is worth using offhand, just don't expect to be knocking down enemies willy nilly with enspells up because of the added effect. Unless someone has direct evidence showing otherwise, 3 weeks of offhanding this weapon and I've yet to see a proc while using enspells.

Do enspell 2's still only work on the first hit? Either way, unless the process rate is pre-nerf twilight scythe level, you're probably losing more DPS than the added effect is worth.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-06-06 20:34:40  
1) yes enspell 2's only proc on mainhand hits/first hits.

2)I wholeheartedly agree, not worth giving up the added damage of the new enspell numbers for what appears to most to be a 1-2% proc rate against fodder-EP.