Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-14 13:45:58  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If Selenian Cap had ilevel stats, but also had:
Physical damage taken +8%
Magic damage taken +5%
Chance of Resisting Magic -45%

Would you still think it was reasonable to use? Because that's basically what it is, granted the resist magic only applies if off floor and below ceiling.

If I was in a sitatuion where I wasnt taking in danger of taking damage(which happens often), and knew I had a different hat on standby -just incase- that I could change to with the press of a button in the event that I was going to take damage for some reason (which I do)

Then yes... I would use it. Why wouldn't I?

Owleyes used to be a fantastic idle piece... despite it's increased damage taken. People would do the same thing... just not use it in situations where they're going to take damage.

Jelly Ring Was pretty popular too. Doesn't mean good paladins didn't take it off when the monster was gonna nuke.

Berserk
Last Resort
Souleater

There are a number of gear + abilities that sacrifice defensive capabilities for a sharp increase in another area. NO they are NOT 100% uptime items. But that doesn't mean you should never used them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-14 13:53:06  
Of course you can use it if you're not standing in range, just like you can use Atatkos+2 if you're not shooting. It has a use, but nobody was mentioning it because its not ilvl, and produces inferior results than current easy to obtain options. If you have it lying around and need to hit cap, sure. It works for the intended purpose of only providing luopan damage mitigation. But unless you're in a MB gaes/omen/dynamis event where you're standing from afar and not using indi for melees in range, I see less scenarios where it would be practical to use it nowadays.

In my experience on GEO, I hardly am standing out of range of deadly TP moves. If you happen to be are and that is the purpose behind this set, why even mention the fact that it has master DT in it? That's entirely irrelevant since you won't be getting hit anyways, right? You're better off putting regen/refresh stats in those slots if your purpose is for a set that is at range/away from aoe/idle in pet dt/regen/master support. DT does nothing for you there.

Perhaps for Kei you could, but you also have a few pet regen items in that set, which means you value that as a stat. I believe everyone got red mog pells on main/mules, so you can easily convert those to -orb and get to augmenting away pet regen/dt in the same slot. It's not really that hard to get a better set, but if that's out of reach, then yes, pet dt-10 > 3 pet regen.
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-14 14:09:03  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
In my experience on GEO, I hardly am standing out of range of deadly TP moves. If you happen to be are and that is the purpose behind this set, why even mention the fact that it has master DT in it? That's entirely irrelevant since you won't be getting hit anyways, right?

Sorry if I had given the impression that this set cared about master DT. It doesn't. That was my "Im not really taking damage" set. The only reason I have master DT in the set is because I don't have anything else to put in those slots currently. And I'd rather have master DT than... nothing. But no, I have a button to push that puts in more master DT... and I would never use a selenian cap in that set.

All things considered my GEO isnt brought into major content too often. And is often in a situation where i'm not taking damage (or very little damage). If I'm in a fight for example where the mob occasionally does a 3-400 damage AoE. If that hits me, I don't care. I can give myself a cure III and be fine. Meanwhile, if I'm running a blazed + ecliptic bubble... that 400 damage is really gonna hurt my bubble... so I'd want to reduce it as much as possible... even if that means taking a bit more damage myself. I can use stoneskin and cure, my bubble cant.

And yeah, eventually when im constantly doing things like max-level reisen mobs in a TP burn setup... ill look back at my selenian cap and scoff. But as it stands I mostly do ambuscade, tier 1-3 Escha Ru'aun mobs, vagary, delve, and UNMs. Because I still need to get gear from that content. And in alot of that content, I'm not too concerned about taking a hit. Meanwhile... keeping a blazed bubble out longer so people can kill things faster... that's usually a pretty significant concern.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-14 14:31:51  
Asura.Patriclis said: »
mostly do ambuscade, tier 1-3 Escha Ru'aun mobs, vagary, delve, and UNMs

These are all content where debuffs outweigh damage, and you're likely to have enough m.eva to resist those debuffs while unbuffed. You're actually probably worse off using it there, because you're essentially guaranteed to be effected by that 45% resist rate. Compound it with Jhakri, and you might be eating 80% of debuffs instead of 20%.

You are just doing mental gymnastics to avoid doing Telchine.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-14 14:56:31  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Patriclis said: »
mostly do ambuscade, tier 1-3 Escha Ru'aun mobs, vagary, delve, and UNMs

These are all content where debuffs outweigh damage, and you're likely to have enough m.eva to resist those debuffs while unbuffed. You're actually probably worse off using it there, because you're essentially guaranteed to be effected by that 45% resist rate. Compound it with Jhakri, and you might be eating 80% of debuffs instead of 20%.

You are just doing mental gymnastics to avoid doing Telchine.

I was gonna write another long diatribe pointing out that I've said 100000 times that im not gonna wear this armor when it puts me in 'danger' of being damaged/debuffed. BUT you've ignored it up to this point, so it seems you just want to make arguments for the sake of trying to be right on the internet so fine:

Im a big stupie dumb dumb head and 'Comeatmebro' is a world-renown genius. I was an idiot for ever disagreeing with him. Fling your poop at me. I deserve it. herpaderpderp.

There's your little "I won an argument on the internet" trophy. now go away.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-14 14:59:30  
I don't have telchine either (will soon), but I use empyrean +1 for the regen and fill some of the pet DT in other slots. It's really not a requirement, just makes pet survival much more efficient.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-14 15:06:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't have telchine either (will soon), but I use empyrean +1 for the regen and fill some of the pet DT in other slots. It's really not a requirement, just makes pet survival much more efficient.

Yeah this is what I'm going for eventually. I just dont have enough pet DT to max out. And considering all I have to do to get the selenian hat is homepoint to the throne room and do a 5 second fight...

but even if I do what you said as soon as I get home tonight... Manage to get a second handlers and get one of the -DT clubs. It still leaves me 7% off the MDT cap (though it would cap PDT).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-14 15:08:57  
I didn't go back and read like whatever this argument started with.

But wearing anything that isn't 119 you're just asking for trouble. I really can't recommend it.

For example, sand rush is going to eat your face in selenian cap, and/or cause your whm more trouble than it's worth to take 3 damage off your loupon.

Just go ahead and use the emp head with +2/+3 regen as your "pet dt" piece. Regen is roughly equal to PET DT realistically.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-05 20:54:58  
With the new July update bringing us the power of +6 & +7 Geomancy we over at BG Wiki made a new GEO Cheat Sheet for people.

Edit:
There are mistakes on the image I released. Correcting them and will upload a new one. So far I noticed Slow was wrong checking the rest are adding flooring in.

Why no +3, well because there is a super cheap option for +5, Nepote Bell , before Dunna and you'd be nuts not to get it over the +3 option!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 21:02:38  
Aja said: »
Because anyone that has already played GEO wouldn’t have a Dunna.

Man I had the displeasure of partying with someone who couldn't be bothered to get a dunna. <no money.>

Unlike everyone else, I notice when I'm only getting like 2 tic refresh from indi.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-05 21:45:09  
Anyone have a decent up to date impact set for geo? The mule is finishing Idris this week, and I'm trying to unscrub her.
By olson2189 2018-07-05 21:52:28  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
With the new July update bringing us the power of +6 & +7 Geomancy we over at BG Wiki made a new GEO Cheat Sheet for people.

[Mod Edit: Graph has incorrect information, removed to prevent confusion by request. - AnnaMolly]

Why no +3, well because there is a super cheap option for +5, Nepote Bell , before Dunna and you'd be nuts not to get it over the +3 option!

Thanks Chiaia. Does Geomancy+ not stack? So you can't get to Geomancy +22 now with the new neck (5+10+7)?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-05 21:54:22  
olson2189 said: »
Thanks Chiaia. Does Geomancy+ not stack? So you can't get to Geomancy +22 now with the new neck (5+10+7)?
Geomancy + doesn't stack. Whatever is greatest will take priority. Same with Roll + Gear BTW.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-05 22:03:05  
Wonder if the +7 is enough to get Helms done without being IDRIS ONRY pls no noobs allowed.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 22:04:08  
Asura.Topace said: »
Wonder if the +7 is enough to get Helms done without being IDRIS ONRY pls no noobs allowed.

Under no circumstances.
By Excellia 2018-07-14 19:04:35  
Playing around with Geo melee again. Anyone have set recs if have full buffs like sam/chaos, honor/min/min/mad and fury/frailty? Was playing around with sets and came up with a couple of options. I don't have a spreadsheet to play with so I'm not sure about things like fotia/moonshade earring on Hexa or specific STP amounts. Assuming AM3 up fulltime and ignoring DM augs

ItemSet 360004
Ambu cape Dex/Acc,att/Haste 10/PDT 10
Feet: Battlecast gaiters? Jhakari +2? Bagua +3?

ItemSet 360005
Ambu cape Dex/Acc,att/Haste 10/PDT 10

Hexa strike
ItemSet 360006
Ambu cape Mnd/Acc,att/DA 10
Not sure if WSD or DA10 here. I did MND instead of STR to cut down on a cape for Exudation.

For Exudation, I was using the front page set with +2 Jhakari, idris/tamaxchi, and the ambu cape from the above hexa strike set.
ItemSet 346410
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Autocast 2018-08-24 18:03:44  
Which pieces of relic +3 are used by Geo? Head, hands, legs and feet? Assume body has no real use?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-24 18:55:42  
I believe head was found to mostly be useless as it loses the hp as soon as you swap it out. But head would be a drain/aspir piece, feet for Regen and enfeebles, legs for Indi duration, hands for refresh and I did body for free nukes and completion, but that's probably one to be skipped.
By Autocast 2018-08-24 20:49:46  
Thanks for the info, Does the body actually beat other options for free nuke?
By aigulfe 2018-08-24 21:18:11  
Would beat everything EXCEPT Amalric +1 body (plus the +1 hands for the set bonus) I think.
By Autocast 2018-08-24 21:21:57  
aigulfe said: »
Would beat everything EXCEPT Amalric +1 body (plus the +1 hands for the set bonus) I think.

I see, well I'll be going for Amalric +1 for other jobs as well so I guess I can skip it. Thanks for the info.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-08-26 09:00:15  
idk if people already found this out, but Bagua Galero +2 augments Concentric Pulse by making it use max Luopan HP instead of current Luopan HP.
[+]
By gargurty 2018-08-26 10:38:25  
Mmmmm i wish there was pet hp+ gear fot it. Would make it a tad more usefull. But thanks for that tip. I didnt know that.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-08-28 22:23:37  
Has the values for Idris 900skill Indi-Focus / Indi-Attune / Indi-Vex / Indi-Languor been updated since the nerf? Like i'm almost certain they are either 1/3rd or 1/2 the potency of whats listed on most sites of 100 magic acc/magic evasion down ect. The intial values from SE was posted in 09-03-2015 being
Indi-Languor (Amount of reduced magic evasion)
Lowest Value (Skill total of 0): 1
Highest Value (Skill total of 900): 50
Geomancy +: 5
(Just for a example)
While the nerf happened around 02-09-2017.
By Autocast 2018-08-29 03:57:31  
Pretty sure they were reduced to half of what the old values were, could be wrong though.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-09-11 20:45:44  
A friend managed to luck out and +1 a Bagua Charm for me going for NQ after multiple attempts with shield buff breaking. Just got outta Dyna with a rank 12 charm. Tested a couple of Luopans (second to insure I didn't goof on locking neck) outside after and the duration is NOT onto the 10 minute Luopan cap. With +12% duration from the neck, the Luopan lasted exactly 10 minutes.

I suppose it affects something with the HP perpetuation cost, but I dunno what or how.

Also, the absorb appears to function weirdly. It is definitely an absorb, but it seemed to absorb a ton. I dunno, I've never been hit by a circle and didn't have Vex/Fade/Attunement up, so maybe they hit this hard without those buffs. Non-absorbed hits were doing 204 consistently, with a couple for 123. It was hitting me for 72, 76, 112, and 153.

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-11 21:51:49  
Asura.Cicion said: »
Has the values for Idris 900skill Indi-Focus / Indi-Attune / Indi-Vex / Indi-Languor been updated since the nerf? Like i'm almost certain they are either 1/3rd or 1/2 the potency of whats listed on most sites of 100 magic acc/magic evasion down ect. The intial values from SE was posted in 09-03-2015 being
Indi-Languor (Amount of reduced magic evasion)
Lowest Value (Skill total of 0): 1
Highest Value (Skill total of 900): 50
Geomancy +: 5
(Just for a example)
While the nerf happened around 02-09-2017.

Autocast said: »
Pretty sure they were reduced to half of what the old values were, could be wrong though.

The listed values were never wrong in that sense, that's what they should of been giving to us the whole time. Sadly SE's messed up the math in the back end and JAs etc were giving them way higher bonuses.

Edit: Well now looking at the patch notes from Feb 10th, 2017 it does just say:
"The values of the following geomancy colures have been decreased.
Indi-Focus / Indi-Attune / Indi-Vex / Indi-Languor /
Geo-Focus / Geo-Attune / Geo-Vex / Geo-Languor"

So we may never know. SE orignally annouced they had messed up in the back end not the actual starting values. SE is the one that gave us 0 skill, 900 skill and +1 GEO values for debuffs that are hard to test. If they actually did nurf them and not just fix the ack end like they originally implied that's going to be one big PIA of a test.

JP post doesn't say anything more or less.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 22:15:55  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
A friend managed to luck out and +1 a Bagua Charm for me going for NQ after multiple attempts with shield buff breaking. Just got outta Dyna with a rank 12 charm. Tested a couple of Luopans (second to insure I didn't goof on locking neck) outside after and the duration is NOT onto the 10 minute Luopan cap. With +12% duration from the neck, the Luopan lasted exactly 10 minutes.

I suppose it affects something with the HP perpetuation cost, but I dunno what or how.

Also, the absorb appears to function weirdly. It is definitely an absorb, but it seemed to absorb a ton. I dunno, I've never been hit by a circle and didn't have Vex/Fade/Attunement up, so maybe they hit this hard without those buffs. Non-absorbed hits were doing 204 consistently, with a couple for 123. It was hitting me for 72, 76, 112, and 153.

This is actually how a bunch of the absorbs of this kind work. They absorb the completely unresisted pre-DT value. So it means the circle hits everyone for around 987 but because of Shell, magic defense, magic evasion, etc. it's consistently reduced to far less. This neck is pretty much going to make a solid pet DT build create unkillable luopans. Won't even need as much pet regen.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 73 74 75