Can ADL Be Solo'd Or Duo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-10-30 12:11:24  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
You missed the part where they buffed with ither mules and logged them out to log in the smn

No, no outside buff were used except SMN buffs (stoneskin, shock spikes, enfire, hastega etc). No bard buffs nor Cor buffs. This video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_otAkCgFgY

ADL is cake now with delve gear. Any dd+smn can kill it probably.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 12:15:25  
Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
You missed the part where they buffed with ither mules and logged them out to log in the smn

No, no outside buff were used except SMN buffs (stoneskin, shock spikes, enfire, hastega etc). No bard buffs nor Cor buffs. This video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_otAkCgFgY

ADL is cake now with delve gear. Any dd+smn can kill it probably.

That's pre-delve and mostly luck... How many tomes did they waste trying for that one win?

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
KO moves are unavoidable. Resist death is just the spell. I remember seeing some testing on tyrant tusk a few years ago trying figure out why it didn't always kill you and they tested some resist death items after figuring the move out.
First, Tera slash itself can miss, or be parried. Rare as hell though.

Second, I've been hit by, and survived Tera slash quite a few times. So the KO part can fail to proc(in which case you just take dmg). I shouldn't have been wearing any resist death gear though during those, so it wouldn't have been via resist gear.

Regarding PD, I'm fairly certain Tera slash can kill you even with PD at full potency. It's just not blockable by PD. Kinda like Dynamic implosion(the terror move). Which tends to be a bigger issue than tera slash in any case.

I wonder if who it's targetting matters for those added effects. Like damage is AoE radial but added effect is conal or something like that. I do remember a handful of times someone on the same side as me dropping due to terra and be surviving it, but even in a full turtle set (which I did actually use the resist death ring) I had it drop me like a sack of potatoes.

It may be tied to Meva, but SE clarified that the resist resist death effects were specific to the spell.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-10-30 12:56:28  
I never noticed that every ADL video they posted was them killing ADL on the first clone and all but one of the attempts being so sloppy that it was an almost guaranteed wipe if they had to kill the second clone.

I highly doubt ADL can be soloed. Duo with SMN and MNK might be possible with a great deal of luck on squalls and if you have to kill one or two clones, but you'd be limited on how many pops you can do, since there's almost no chance you could win without PD and HF.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 13:10:28  
Two pops actually, 60min timers. :p
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-10-30 13:23:13  
oops, thanks.
 Bahamut.Drazzago
サーバ: Bahamut
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2013-10-30 13:25:42  
Not sure if it still the case or not since the last time I fought ADL was over a year ago, but when the split happens if you have a pet out it will always choose the right clone.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 13:29:18  
First time I've ever heard of that. Any merit to this?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 13:33:58  
Bahamut.Drazzago said: »
Not sure if it still the case or not since the last time I fought ADL was over a year ago, but when the split happens if you have a pet out it will always choose the right clone.

That trick died when they moved the dats server side. You used to be able to change all the possible ADL's to numbers and number 5 was always the main one.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 13:36:59  
Actually no, that wasn't a thing? You can still number him no problem, and the numbers never gave anything away.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 13:51:41  
Then 2 of the groups I did ADL with before the changes were the luckiest people alive.
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2013-10-30 14:25:20  
ok - how about 6 man? I can make 5 other friends! (I hope). Party setup? Strat?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2013-10-30 14:40:34  
6 would work fine in todays ffxi

would be best with mnk, mnk, mnk, 3-4 song brd, sch, smn

would have to fight it to around 60% before popping PD and hope for luck with its TP moves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 14:44:30  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Got me curious now to try a trio with war. Mighty strikes razorfury upheaval should molest anything a monk could do

8-10K MS resolutions pre-SoA, I'd imagine you could best 10K consistantly. He's lvl99 content, it's not that he has high def or a ton of HP, it's the break the game TP moves he uses. Terror and Death more than anything else.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-30 14:46:44  
having the damage is only half the fight, tera slash/death/implosion will still end you and tera slash is instant

i'm not doubting it's possible to win with low #s, but your success rate is not going to be what you want it to be

(just backread first page, there are actually 2 tera slash IDs(complete with different animations), one is death, other is damage only, the death one is too fast to packet stun and PD doesn't help, but it can be resisted with shadow ring)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-10-30 15:29:33  
Does It build resist to stun at all?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-30 15:33:07  
don't think so, definitely not in the time frame you have to realistically kill it

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 15:42:15  
Josiahkf said: »
How much hp does he have exactly, you three know?

I am honestly not sure, with 4 DD's pumping out 3-5K per WS, I don't think I ever got in more than 4 or 5 WS myself, so take that for what it's worth.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 15:43:56  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
having the damage is only half the fight, tera slash/death/implosion will still end you and tera slash is instant

i'm not doubting it's possible to win with low #s, but your success rate is not going to be what you want it to be

(just backread first page, there are actually 2 tera slash IDs(complete with different animations), one is death, other is damage only, the death one is too fast to packet stun and PD doesn't help, but it can be resisted with shadow ring)

Obviously if you're doing it right, a single shock squall should lock him up long enough to kill him after the split as he can't even use Terra slash till what 25%?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-30 15:48:52  
Obviously if you're doing it right, a single shock squall should lock him up long enough to kill him after the split as he can't even use Terra slash till what 25%?
tera's unlocked at 39%, and a trio isn't killing it during a shock squall

it's never been a problem for a large group, i was 8boxing it with well over 90% success rate pre-delve
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 15:57:29  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
tera's unlocked at 39%, and a trio isn't killing it during a shock squall

it's never been a problem for a large group, i was 8boxing it with well over 90% success rate pre-delve

Ya a trio is going to have trouble with that, but an actual ADL farming group shouldn't. We always squalled around 40%, with a 2nd on call in case it wore before we finished it. I don't see a trio having anything better than a 50% success rate just due to how fast it can go wrong if you're unlucky.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 18:41:11  
Hundred fist x2 with aot mnks and smn pd. i cant see it living more than 30sec but ill find out when mules are ready and post the results if its easy enoff to help out with some ideas
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 19:17:19  
Sylph.Guebotermico said: »
Hundred fist x2 with aot mnks and smn pd. i cant see it living more than 30sec but ill find out when mules are ready and post the results if its easy enoff to help out with some ideas

When it splits you are disengaged automatically if you don't do it yourself. I can't see 2 HF MNK's being able to kill it even close to 30 seconds regardless of PD or not.

Don't mistake ADL for an abby nm pushover, he may not have a lot of HP or DEF, but he will still ruin your day.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2013-10-30 19:30:58  
<3 denhas
 Sylph.Valleth
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Valleth 2013-10-30 19:48:21  

Obviously someone who has as much experience when it comes to ADL as i do building a Mark 42 Iron Man Suit.. Back in the day you would be tarred and feathered and dragged through town for stating such blasphemy. Kids these days
By Zoltar 2013-10-30 20:06:23  
Sylph.Valleth said: »

Obviously someone who has as much experience when it comes to ADL as i do building a Mark 42 Iron Man Suit.. Back in the day you would be tarred and feathered and dragged through town for stating such blasphemy. Kids these days

Can MNK/DNC with Violent Flourish stun the death move?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 20:10:01  
It wouldn't be an issue of macc as much as the fact that it has virtually no ready time even for a bot and that there will be multiple targets. And you will probably be terrored, stunned, or paralyzed... if you're alive at that point at all.
By MankeyBismarck 2013-10-30 20:12:48  
Have popped 6 ADL in a row and he pops spamming nukes in a chainspell like mode. Just nuke after nuke every 3 seconds or so. Anyone else had this? I've killed over 100 ADL in my time and never seen this before today. GM told me "working as intended" cause he is a high level mob, but I have never seen this during any of my fights or anyone elses.