Can ADL Be Solo'd Or Duo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 20:23:42  
MankeyBismarck said: »
Have popped 6 ADL in a row and he pops spamming nukes in a chainspell like mode. Just nuke after nuke every 3 seconds or so. Anyone else had this? I've killed over 100 ADL in my time and never seen this before today. GM told me "working as intended" cause he is a high level mob, but I have never seen this during any of my fights or anyone elses.

We had him spam -ga's and split into 4 instantly at 55% or spam TP moves while stunned, etc. Sometimes it's just not your day.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-30 21:23:01  
I'd say for absolute minimum Delve DDs x2-3, WHM, BRD, SMN then THF if want TH.
By Giaden 2013-10-30 21:30:01  
I still do ADL with a small group. 6 man is pretty simple.
Brd Ghorn 99 Harp 90
Smn
Whm
MnkX2
Drk

Its not to bad, if terror gets off, its pretty much over though and if we have to kill more then 1-2 clones we start running out of steam.
Finally started to get more people to come with us. Mainly Cor's and Smns to kill more a night.
Duo group with a Mnk and Smn would have to be really really lucky and extremely well geared out. 4 man group would be safer, but 5+ is what I think you should strive for.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 22:29:25  
Giaden said: »
I still do ADL with a small group. 6 man is pretty simple.
Brd Ghorn 99 Harp 90
Smn
Whm
MnkX2
Drk

Its not to bad, if terror gets off, its pretty much over though and if we have to kill more then 1-2 clones we start running out of steam.
Finally started to get more people to come with us. Mainly Cor's and Smns to kill more a night.
Duo group with a Mnk and Smn would have to be really really lucky and extremely well geared out. 4 man group would be safer, but 5+ is what I think you should strive for.

At this point you can probably get away without the massive attack buffs you used to use, but ya, 3 song brd, smn, 3 DD's is about the minimum you can really get away with and expect to have any real success.

There is a point in which lowmanning yields less gains than the same number of people soloing for currency. And if the RME update is any good, there will be a pretty large increase in the value of them as well.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 22:34:48  
THF can take a DD slot just fine, and is pretty important for odious farming imo.
[+]
By Giaden 2013-10-30 23:32:27  
Yeah I agree Jassik, I was just giving a example of what we have as a group. We have gained a few more members but that 6 man group is what we used before and had no real trouble killing at all.
Also yes, having a Thf does help with drops on both odious farming as well as ADL drops.
Whm is there for the O~Crap moment. When petra gets off or something stupid and the occasional curaga. A sch can work in its place just fine as well.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-10-30 23:37:32  
If I was restricted to 6 people, I'd probably bring 2 WAR, THF, BRD, SMN x2.

2 WAR because MS is still the best offensive 2hr in the game(under ideal conditions). Killing them fast is key, and I don't think any other job can pump out as much DPS in a short period of time.

THF because it still brings decent DPS and TH is a must for farming odious. If you were to farm odious one day and kill ADL the next, I'd replace THF with another WAR or DD.

BRD is pretty obvious because you'll lack the DPS without proper songs.

2 SMN is probably the biggest part of the strategy. Having rotating squalls is paramount to locking out all of ADL's most devastating moves. Ideally, one SMN is squalling right after the initial split then running away to safety while the second SMN runs in to camp ADL and squall right when it un-stuns. If you pick the wrong clone, usually the first SMN's squall is ready and you start the order over again. If squall isn't up, there's always Chaotic Strike to buy some more time until it is.

What'd worry me the most about this setup is not having a WHM or SCH in there for bar-para, bar-bliz and to keep people alive just in case, but i think BRD can probably handle that if squalls are on the ball. Would probably want to bring a lot of remedies to deal with Oblivion's para, though.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-10-31 06:56:44  
Went with 6 on last ADL attempt :

DRK SAM THF BRD SCH SMN
it worked pretty well, we were lucky on clones tho since the first was the good one but I think we could have beat the 2nd one without major difficulty.
I just use bash on tera slash or dynamic implosion whatever comes first.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-31 07:02:58  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Guebotermico said: »
Hundred fist x2 with aot mnks and smn pd. i cant see it living more than 30sec but ill find out when mules are ready and post the results if its easy enoff to help out with some ideas

When it splits you are disengaged automatically if you don't do it yourself. I can't see 2 HF MNK's being able to kill it even close to 30 seconds regardless of PD or not.

Don't mistake ADL for an abby nm pushover, he may not have a lot of HP or DEF, but he will still ruin your day.
it was done with that set up before delve was released so now it should be alot easier the fact that its possible to do and there is a one year old video out with non delve mnks and smn doing that is enoff for me
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-10-31 10:05:15  
I forgot to mention but actually none of adl's'lethal move is instant.
I couldn't be able to bash it otherwise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-10-31 11:23:55  
I doubt you can purposedly stun tera. Bash is instant so you can bash tera.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 11:31:31  
Isn't -Bash JAs limited to 10 minutes per?

That is a very unreliable way of stunning a move...
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-10-31 13:38:20  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Isn't -Bash JAs limited to 10 minutes per?

That is a very unreliable way of stunning a move...

5 mins. Generally the clone that uses this move first is the right one just like dynamic implosion. So unless you're doing something wrong it should use it once.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-31 19:03:32  
Hundred fist x2 with aot mnks and smn pd. i cant see it living more than 30sec but ill find out when mules are ready and post the results if its easy enoff to help out with some ideas

When it splits you are disengaged automatically if you don't do it yourself. I can't see 2 HF MNK's being able to kill it even close to 30 seconds regardless of PD or not.

Don't mistake ADL for an abby nm pushover, he may not have a lot of HP or DEF, but he will still ruin your day.
it was done with that set up before delve was released so now it should be alot easier the fact that its possible to do and there is a one year old video out with non delve mnks and smn doing that is enoff for me

That video is one of probably a dozen attempts with 3 that actually ended in success and was also extremely lucky.

If you go into it like Pchan's group, expect to have 1 video to show and 50 wasted pops.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
サーバ: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-11-04 05:13:10  
Have popped 6 ADL in a row and he pops spamming nukes in a chainspell like mode. Just nuke after nuke every 3 seconds or so. Anyone else had this? I've killed over 100 ADL in my time and never seen this before today. GM told me "working as intended" cause he is a high level mob, but I have never seen this during any of my fights or anyone elses.

it happens from time to time , and this behavior resets after a maintenance generally. It will immediatly start with nuke/aoe enfeebles. When this happens all your ADL of the day will be in nuke mode. Normally it hardly casts anything before spliting.

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

absolute minimum to kill ADL is 2 : SMN and MNK. Open with chaotic stikes and hundred fists. it should split at 60%. Use shock squall, kill. You will reliably kill 1 clone, just not 2, so 50% win rate.

With MNKx2 SMN thats 90%+ win rate (assuming delve gear). With otronif/hagondes gear, you can survive very long when PD wears off too.

The perfect low man farming would be mnkx2 thf smn (farm and pop 2 ADLs in 2 hours).

That video is one of probably a dozen attempts with 3 that actually ended in success and was also extremely lucky.

If you go into it like Pchan's group, expect to have 1 video to show and 50 wasted pops.

the pre-delve 3 man video is 50% chance at winning. its 90%+ now.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-04 07:36:12  
Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »

1. That's a pretty big "If".
2. I'll buy the 50% win rate when you post uncut runs.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-04 08:26:23  
Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »

it happens from time to time , and this behavior resets after a maintenance generally. It will immediatly start with nuke/aoe enfeebles. When this happens all your ADL of the day will be in nuke mode. Normally it hardly casts anything before spliting.

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

absolute minimum to kill ADL is 2 : SMN and MNK. Open with chaotic stikes and hundred fists. it should split at 60%. Use shock squall, kill. You will reliably kill 1 clone, just not 2, so 50% win rate.

With MNKx2 SMN thats 90%+ win rate (assuming delve gear). With otronif/hagondes gear, you can survive very long when PD wears off too.

The perfect low man farming would be mnkx2 thf smn (farm and pop 2 ADLs in 2 hours).

thas what i was trying to say the other day if it dies that quick pre delve with low *** m eva gear def pdt eva dmg power high delve weapons etx. now with all these things it should die x2 faster with the same set up. its just math and mnk dps almost doubled since then. also no just the atk power but the hp m eva def pdt everything now is on a whole other level. im no saying ADL would be a joke but that win rate shouldnt be near as bad as it was back then.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Kell 2013-12-05 02:43:32  
Just a technical question:

How are your smns targeting ADL after the split for squall? It seems to drop pets once it splits, our smn has had problems retargeting with a macro afterward. I'm not sure if <t> or <bt> is being used.

Should they use /assist?
 Bismarck.Grizzlie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Grizzlie 2013-12-05 04:24:04  
Kell said: »

How are your smns targeting ADL after the split for squall? It seems to drop pets once it splits, our smn has had problems retargeting with a macro afterward. I'm not sure if <t> or <bt> is being used.

Should they use /assist?

There should not be an issue targeting them to squall.
We currently use /assist for the DDs but I have no idea if the SMN is following that. Ours works fine, but if he cannot target it by himself it maybe an idea to use /assist
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
サーバ: Fenrir
user: kasain
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-05 04:30:07  
No idea if it would work. But have done an 8k kaustra to him. Maybe that dot would kill it. And that was without buffs if you can kite it
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2013-12-05 05:19:41  
Kell said: »

Should they use /assist?

What I usually do on smn is stand 30+ away until it splits. This will keep you out of range of the TP moves. Once it splits I run up and by that time dd should be on one of the ADLs. Shock squall the one that the dd are on and stick Ramuh on the one they are not attacking. This way if the one the dd kill is the wrong one Ramuh will stay with the remaining ADL.
By siskotaru 2013-12-11 08:27:14  
Before the fight, ask one of your DDs to pick one of the clones when it duplicates.

I personally have 3 macros as summoner for ADL.

first one is : /assist "nameoftheDD"
As soon as the clones pop, spam your /assist macro until one is selected.
Then hit your second one : /ja "Shock Squall" <t>

This way, you can even hit the clone before its name go red.

You can then hit your chaotic strike macro for good measures and run away like mad.