First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 16:39:00  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What I don't get, Flavin, is how you know for a fact that there are policies being cancelled because they are getting rid of them but want to blame ACA for it.

Insurance companies love ACA. That's why they put in a lot of money in lobbying efforts and buying "presents" for the legislators who drafted the bill...

oh wait, they aren't Republicans who drafted the bill. Those "presents" are not really "presents." They are "donations" to the government, even though that "donation" was in the name of the legislator. Nope, not corrupt at all!

But anyway, why would insurance companies blame ACA for anything? They love ACA, since it forces people to be customers. That's more money for them to collect and (supposedly, according to the popular liberal crowd) deny services for.

I guess what I'm asking is, where is your proof in this assumption? How do you know that this is happening?

He knows it because he's seen it, just the same way I know they are using the guise of ACA regulations to make changes to corporate policies that are not dictated by the law but simply more cost effective for them. There aren't any actual statistics available about which cancellations are due to actual ACA changes and which are just being blamed on it conveniently. It could be 99% ACA or 99% opportunistic business practices, but both ARE happening.

All this junk about insurance companies liking/hating/liberal propaganda/whatever other sarcastic point you were trying to make but got distracted half way though and is completely unreadable is just a distraction.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I don't want to be normal. I want to be exceptional. An expert in my field. Somebody to be relied on. Why do you want to be like a normal person?
You actually think thats an example of being exceptional?

I know this guy who is at the top of the game in the produce bagging field... guy's a legend.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 16:43:25  
I don't want to be normal. I want to be exceptional. An expert in my field. Somebody to be relied on. Why do you want to be like a normal person?
As to what, seeing things as one side instead of looking at everything at different angles?

If you want to be the person with the "laser focus" like our president is, then go ahead.

If you think that my comments are stupid, that is because you are only focused on one thing. You aren't seeing everything in the whole.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 16:44:41  
Odin.Jassik said: »
What I don't get, Flavin, is how you know for a fact that there are policies being cancelled because they are getting rid of them but want to blame ACA for it.

Insurance companies love ACA. That's why they put in a lot of money in lobbying efforts and buying "presents" for the legislators who drafted the bill...

oh wait, they aren't Republicans who drafted the bill. Those "presents" are not really "presents." They are "donations" to the government, even though that "donation" was in the name of the legislator. Nope, not corrupt at all!

But anyway, why would insurance companies blame ACA for anything? They love ACA, since it forces people to be customers. That's more money for them to collect and (supposedly, according to the popular liberal crowd) deny services for.

I guess what I'm asking is, where is your proof in this assumption? How do you know that this is happening?

He knows it because he's seen it, just the same way I know they are using the guise of ACA regulations to make changes to corporate policies that are not dictated by the law but simply more cost effective for them. There aren't any actual statistics available about which cancellations are due to actual ACA changes and which are just being blamed on it conveniently. It could be 99% ACA or 99% opportunistic business practices, but both ARE happening.

All this junk about insurance companies liking/hating/liberal propaganda/whatever other sarcastic point you were trying to make but got distracted half way though and is completely unreadable is just a distraction.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that.
Quote:

I know this guy who is at the top of the game in the produce bagging field... guy's a legend.
Coworker of yours?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 16:45:16  
As to what, seeing things as one side instead of looking at everything at different angles?

If you want to be the person with the "laser focus" like our president is, then go ahead.

If you think that my comments are stupid, that is because you are only focused on one thing. You aren't seeing everything in the whole.

Wait, did you just accuse Flavin of being "laser focussed" on only his point of view? Projecting much?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-01 16:46:07  
You don't look at everything from different angles. You have a very anti liberal and anti moderate conservative approach and an "everyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot angle".

You honestly don't know anything about the president and what they focus on day in and day out. Let alone attribute any of his qualities to anyone who posts in this thread.

We do see the whole of what you say and it is indeed stupid, and often times a contradiction....and sometimes what you say is macabre and creepy.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 16:46:33  

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that.

Call BS all you want, you obviously know more about what people experience on a daily basis than they do.

Work on your BBCode a bit, you're too laser focussed on box 10b.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-01 16:47:29  
good thing the federal gov. is back in business!

KAPLOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-01 16:55:01  
As to what, seeing things as one side instead of looking at everything at different angles? If you want to be the person with the "laser focus" like our president is, then go ahead. If you think that my comments are stupid, that is because you are only focused on one thing. You aren't seeing everything in the whole.
Well first of all if you truly wanted to be exceptional you would take a bit more time to focus on grammar spelling and sentance structure...

Also, I was referring to your response to me earlier when you said something to the extent of "you testified er..? oh you heard em say it?"

To which I asked why couldn't you be normal and you responded with "I want to be exceptional! not normal!"

Also, your previous posts don't seem to point to being an exceptional person or striving to be one... even if I disagree with someone I can recognize when someone puts time into something and takes the time to post something insightful and such... you spew a lot of the same uninformed garbage though...

That being said I applaud you if you truly want to walk down that path and encourage you to do so as I would anyone else... but please be aware that your displays here leave you far from your goal so you might want to keep that in mind or ignore me... whichever works for you...

And as to your last comment... I have continually recognized points made on the other side... which for some reason that always seems to be ignored and I'm told that I'm wrong anyways... I'm open to being proven wrong or being opened up to something that I was previously unaware of... people on this vvery site have done it before... Nik for starters... clsing your eyes and telling me its my fault for not getting you or that my eyes aren't open isn't really something an exceptional person would do either...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 16:56:50  

Wait, did you just accuse Flavin of being "laser focussed" on only his point of view? Projecting much?
I was actually making fun of the president also, but I guess that was a big whoosh for you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 17:03:58  

I was actually making fun of the president also, but I guess that was a big whoosh for you.

You sucking at allusion doesn't mean it went over my head, bubba.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 20:20:39  
Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Saw a van today at work that said "I don't trust the liberal media" and another that said "Stop censoring the media liberals!"

Is it sad that it reminded me of the Three Conservateers of the thread? :P

The people saying "liberals" the way fruitcakes talk about ancient aliens are not conservatives, how dare you sully our good name with their filth.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-11-01 20:33:21  
Take a time out Jassik. You are taking it too personally defending a wrong position and you are getting flustered. Step outside, look at your last page of posts and look at the troll you have reduced yourself to. You are supposed to be playing the role of the intellectual but all I see is you trying to pick a personal fight with King. Tsk tsk
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-01 20:48:33  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Take a time out Jassik. You are taking it too personally defending a wrong position and you are getting flustered. Step outside, look at your last page of posts and look at the troll you have reduced yourself to. You are supposed to be playing the role of the intellectual but all I see is you trying to pick a personal fight with King. Tsk tsk

6 people spent 5 pages attempting to explain the concept of mutual exclusivity to you... It's safe to say I couldn't care less about your interpretations.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 21:41:28  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Actually, it was the last 40 some odd pages of the same 6 people trying to pick fights with you, me, and Nausi.

Only Nausi seems to taken the bait, it seems like.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-02 00:53:25  
Like when Bachmann said the founding fathers ended slavery and then said every one who said wtf! were attacking her for reasons unknown to her?
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:35:40  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I recall when prices were lower, the profit margin was less than 10 cents per gallon, when I worked for a few different companies (granted in the same area) they were making 30+ cents per gallon when it was already over $3.

That's just at the store level, after cost to that store.

It makes it worse when there's a lot of rural areas in this nation where people commute by private vehicle to work on a daily basis. Granted the price of oil is pretty much controlled by OPEC and is sold on the value of the US dollar, which obviously if the American economy improves, improves.

$3 a gallon with $0.30 in profit is a 10% profit margin. $1 a gallon with $.10 in profit is still 10%. Compared to a lot of products sold that is a very low profit margin.

A few examples: Paperbacks/hardbacks are purchased from publishers at less than 50% of their listed value before sold in bookstores. Fashionable clothing markups is over 100%. Alcohol markup in bars is over 300%.

OPEC, increased demand, and the increased speculation allowed in commodity markets are aome of the major reasons it has increased. Mainly the increased speculation that helped start the bubble in 2009.

Edit: this is markup, not exactly known profit. In order to find that you would have to look at balance sheets and income statements. And see if they give you enough information to figure out per transaction profit and maybe deduct bonuses based on sales, again if you can find that information.

The margin is irrelevant to the people who have to pay for it, as it should be. How many other products sold are sold by the gallon and are a necessity?

I understand markups and profit, but the obscenity that this is and then putting the blame on other things is ridiculous. Not to mention tax breaks on big oil.

Didn't Exxon report record profits for several quarters in a row? like obscene?
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:38:20  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

The earths "Crust" is the outer zone of the earths surface. Movements within doesn't actually mean they need to originate inside the crust. I'm pretty sure if a meteorite struct the earth and seismic waves resulted inside the crust that were felt 500 miles away we'd still call it that "an earthquake".

Someone posted the Wikipedia excerpt but didn't post this other part of it

"In its most general sense, the word earthquake is used to describe any seismic event — whether natural or caused by humans — that generates seismic waves."

As in - if you place a seismograph slightly in the ground and walk around it you will register seismic events! It's all a matter of scale. Which is the entire point I was making in the first place.
Whoever would call it that would be wrong. Just because something is popular doesn't make it right. Hell certain people still think the scientific word theory has the same meaning as the layman's term.

The point you were trying to make was wrong based on the words you were using, and you chose to argue the semantics of what you said instead of your actual point: you failed.
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:43:20  
Siren.Flavin said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question...

Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...

"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out".

The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok".

Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.

So your solution is "do nothing"

Maybe if "conservatives" had spent the time actually trying to improve the ACA instead of trying to defund it, things may actually be better.

But that doesn't serve their ignorant base that got them elected...
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:45:31  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question... Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...
"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out". The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok". Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
So what your saying is in oppostion to what Nik posted? He said the libs let em stay on or step down and pubs just fried em on the spot... you're saying he was allowed to step down and was not fired... soo yeah...

I said I agreed that it was wrong... my only thing was that not all the policies people are being tossed off of are because of legal reasons defined in the ACA... They were reactionary to the ACA... They were not legally required to cancel all the policies that they did but it is and was wrong to make people think they could keep their policies when they couldn't...

Conservatives argue for the programs that benefit them just like dems do... the only thing pubs want to decrease in government is stuff that they're against... I wouldn't mind decreasing the amount we spend on welfare and an assortment of other things but no one wants to get a plan in order to change anything... just give money on one side and take it away on the other...

This bears repeating:

There are two parties, and two ends of the liberal - conservative spectrum. These are different concepts all republicans are not conservatives, there are liberal ones in there too. All democrats don't have to be liberal but I would argue there are very few if not 0 conservative democrats elected today.

Liberalism wants to give you some form of control. Conservatism wants to give it to companies
ftfy
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:46:18  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Didn't I hear the pub running for governor was trying to outlaw oral sex? lol...
Ken Cuccinelli of Virginia.
Conservatives... working to give you control back... by controlling your sex life... You better not be wearing a condom!

Pubs are just a different kind of ridiculous...

That guy is much more *** up than just that, it's sad.

But he'll most likely be elected.
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:47:21  
I still wanna know why the ACA and exchanges were created by a Republican think tank and adopted by a former presidential candidate in his state if they were such anathema.
qft
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:54:52  
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know.

At least with conservatives, we know the difference between controlled and free markets...

*** Cheney, Haliburton/Blackwater, uncontested government contract bids, and the Iraq War say wtf are you smoking? and thank you for the blind support.
Oh wait, are you saying that the liberals in power now aren't doing that? Or should I say Solyndra, Healthcare.gov, uncontested government contract bids, and the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars? And add more to that list..
I still want to know what people's beef with Solyndra is.
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 07:59:39  
Both parties do all three. If you want to disprove crony capitalism, do show where Republicans refused to engage in such behavior cause I want you to talk about Iraq then.
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know. At least with conservatives, we know the difference between controlled and free markets...
I still wanna know why the ACA and exchanges were created by a Republican think tank and adopted by a former presidential candidate in his state if they were such anathema.
Because of the size of those affected and the ability for those who didn't want it to be able to leave. It is much harder to leave the USA than it is to leave MA.
So its alright to force someone out of a state if they don't want it but not the country... got it... or did I miss a sarcasm tag? because yeah... its super easy for everyone to just pick up and leave their life because they don't like something lol...
Better to find out if an experiment would work by affecting a very small portion of the nation instead of the entire nation as a whole. That way, if it's ***, at least you don't have to force it to those who don't want it, and you can stop the experiment and it would be easier to transition back to the older, better method.
Aree you kidding me?

so you're ok with forcing ***down some peoples throats just to test the waters? Shouldn't you just adopt the stance that you usually take and say that they shouldn't force them to get a product either? It still doesn't really reply to the other question you were asked about it being conservative legislation all you did was say that its better to test it out on some than all...

He's not agreeing with shoving anything down peoples throats. States are suppose to be where most of this stuff should happen. That way a smaller more local population can tune their own programmatic needs onto themselves. I live in MA, I don't particularly like our healthcare system but at least I have a more local and direct influence on it here in my state than I do with the ACA on the national scale.

I mean you realize you live in the United STATES of America right? 50 states each freely theoretically able to govern themselves to their own liking? Not dependent on a centralized power?

I love how people still live in pre civil war mentality...
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 08:18:26  
finally caught up, everyone must be asleep.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-02 09:48:50  
Jetackuu said: »
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know.

At least with conservatives, we know the difference between controlled and free markets...

*** Cheney, Haliburton/Blackwater, uncontested government contract bids, and the Iraq War say wtf are you smoking? and thank you for the blind support.
Oh wait, are you saying that the liberals in power now aren't doing that? Or should I say Solyndra, Healthcare.gov, uncontested government contract bids, and the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars? And add more to that list..
I still want to know what people's beef with Solyndra is.

Just the amount of money they were given, it sounds outrageous if you don't understand why they lost it, or why 500m isn't a significant loss, or how the free market works...
By Jetackuu 2013-11-02 10:29:59  
It was a gamble, and the price of silicon plummeted, making their research mostly moot (except the advantages it gave everyone, but as far as a money making venture, doomed them).

500 million is nothing, especially when it comes to R&D.

There's billions being spent on military research to dead ends, nobody ever says crap about that. Or the private contracts, or the tank program that the military itself they didn't need all those tanks...

But then again to them it's always liberals vs conservatives and they never realize/admit that there's more than just two sides.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-02 10:43:50  
The main difference between Solyndra and Haliburton is that none of the executives in Solyndra were personal friends or had business ties to Obama where as with Haliburton, Cheney was the former CEO. He reportedly made about 40Billion off the Iraq War.

The fact it went over someones head the way it did with respect to crony capitalism only made their response that much more hilarious and sad.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-02 11:04:05  
The main difference between Solyandra and Haliburton is that none of the executives in Solyandra were personal friends or had business ties to Obama where as with Haliburton, Cheney was the former CEO. He reportedly made about 40Billion off the Iraq War.

The fact it went over someones head the way it did with respect to crony capitalism only made their response that much more hilarious and sad.

Meh, the biggest issue with Solyndra was that people saw it as the government blowing money on something they knew would fail and attacking the coal industry in a similar timeframe.

Solyndra's technology was miles ahead of the competition in terms of production cost and efficiency, but with Eurozone countries subsidizing so much and China undercutting everyone... 99 times out of 100, putting 500m in the hands of a setup like Solyndra was the right decision.

Keep in mind the people strongly voicing Solyndra as a scandal were the same people saying that solar panels didn't work in the Northern half of the US... Um...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101