Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 15:27:46  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Do you sincerely think that is an honest and thorough piece of journalism?

Clearly it can't be, it doesn't tow the liberal line like it should right Pleebo?

EDIT: I claim this page for the inevitable Obama Apocalypse!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 15:28:07  
Answer the question.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2013-10-31 15:37:59  
So what I'm getting from this is that the insurance companies were completely blindsided by the roll-out of the ACA and had absolutely no idea that it was coming and what it would take to be compliant. How sneaky of Obama to just pop this out of nowhere to catch everybody by surprise.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-31 15:44:40  
Nausi, the glowstick you received while trick-or-treating was not a Pixie Stick. :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 15:44:47  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Clearly it can't be, it doesn't tow the liberal line like it should right Pleebo?

EDIT: I claim this page for the inevitable Obama Apocalypse!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Don't you mean Barackalypse?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 15:48:11  
It's only honest and thorough piece of journalism when it goes for your argument.

When it goes against, it's "lolfoxnews."
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 15:49:53  
Flavin states no one says they're dropping policies because of how the ACA affects their bottom line Nausi posts video of CNN interview citing threats of strong-arming and bullying of insurance companies by the administration if they don't tow the line. Flavin: "What a joke!" Par for the course in the FFXIAH political forum. What? Obama and his administration could never do such a thing?
/sigh

What I did say was that you don't know what they're doing...

I forgot that I was supposed to blindly accept something that isn't factually based but alligns with your views so its correct lol... I could get a guy in the insurance biz to come and tell you that its good for the business too... would you believe that guy if he gave an interview?

You're such a joke Nausi... it isn't even funny anymore... you'll find any measley bit of what you like to call evidence and just push forward... everyone except what htis one guy who speaks only for himself really as fact!

You seem to be willfuly ignorant of the fact that I'm at the middle of all this too... that on a daily basis this is what I deal with... this is my industry and trust me you're clueless...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-31 15:51:05  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
So what I'm getting from this is that the insurance companies were completely blindsided by the roll-out of the ACA and had absolutely no idea that it was coming and what it would take to be compliant. How sneaky of Obama to just pop this out of nowhere to catch everybody by surprise.

Pop what out of nowhere? Insurance companies are notifying people that their plans are no longer legal and cannot be renewed at the end of their coverage. They are not immediately dropped. Their only option is to go the Exchanges and pay more for coverage that they do not want and is completely unnecessary. Then the government comes back and tells them, yes it is more expensive but you are eligible for a subsidy so we will help you pay for it. Now people go from paying for their own health insurance that they A) want and B) can pay for on their own, to an Obamacare plan that provides more expensive unnecessary benefits, costs a lot more, has higher deductible and the icing on the cake!!!, makes them dependent on the government to help them pay for their health insurance that they cannot afford on their own by force not choice.

"If you like you plan you can keep it. Period"

Bold is the real goal of Obamacare. The path to single payer.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 15:52:16  
Siren.Flavin said: »
Flavin states no one says they're dropping policies because of how the ACA affects their bottom line Nausi posts video of CNN interview citing threats of strong-arming and bullying of insurance companies by the administration if they don't tow the line. Flavin: "What a joke!" Par for the course in the FFXIAH political forum. What? Obama and his administration could never do such a thing?
/sigh

What I did say was that you don't know what they're doing...

I forgot that I was supposed to blindly accept something that isn't factually based but alligns with your views so its correct lol... I could get a guy in the insurance biz to come and tell you that its good for the business too... would you believe that guy if he gave an interview?

You're such a joke Nausi... it isn't even funny anymore... you'll find any measley bit of what you like to call evidence and just push forward... everyone except what htis one guy who speaks only for himself really as fact!

You seem to be willfuly ignorant of the fact that I'm at the middle of all this too... that on a daily basis this is what I deal with... this is my industry and trust me you're clueless...

When are you going to learn that they don't care what you actually said.

What they say you said is never actually what you said. It's part of their trolling game.

So is calling you a troll for making them look dumb and having the forum laugh at their expense every 5 pages.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 15:52:37  
You guys can't even stay on the same page as eachother...
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-31 15:53:15  
Is the government still shut down, guys?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 15:54:39  
It's the cops! shhh... everyone back on topic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 15:56:18  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's only honest and thorough piece of journalism when it goes for your argument.

Thanks for that incredibly insightful non-answer. Your contribution to these forums is immeasurable. Sorry,
your contribution to these forums is immeasurable
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-31 15:56:47  

Nonono I hear you just fine but you continue to plug your ears whenever I bring up the fact that the policies lost because they don't conform to the new standards represent a potential loss of revenue. You see it but you say "well those lost customers shouldn't affect the bottom line in the very least...."

How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.
This ignores the potential increase in revenue from having a swath of new customers due to the individual mandate.

But the government in most cases will be paying out more in the form of a subsidy than the new "customers" will be paying into the system. Not to mention all of the new healthy people that they plan on bringing into the system in now way come close to matching the enormous cost of all the new "less healthy customers."
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-31 15:58:47  

Thanks for that incredibly insightful non-answer. Your contribution to these forums is immeasurable. Sorry,

Do you even read Zero's, Squishy's, or Vic's posts lol? How can you call anyone out and ignore their constant trolling? They contribute nothing except harassing people.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-31 15:59:51  

What does this even mean?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 16:00:50  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Do you even read Zero's, Squishy's, or Vic's posts lol? How can you call anyone out and ignore their constant trolling? They contribute nothing except harassing people.

Thats so weird because I post links to the actual information that your buddy Kingnobody says "is beyond the forums comprehension and we should all take his word for it".

You are playing the victim and that is very Tebowish.

You also never cite your source and just post opinions and insults like when you called everyone in this thread "rere's"
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 16:01:56  

we're on page 95, if you three-four can't keep up with the rest of the class I'm afraid I'm going to have to smack you with this yardstick.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-31 16:03:18  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Thats so weird because I post links to the actual information that you buddy Kingnobody says is beyond the forums comprehension and we should all take his word for it. You are playing the victim and that is very Tebowish.

Playing the intellectual now? I'm just glad the Sleep Til Noon crowd is on now; was boring this morning.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-31 16:03:57  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Is the government still shut down, guys?

Hush, Okie! We've got some chuckles 'a brewin'!

EDIT: Somebody made Pleebo use the sarcasm tags?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 16:05:32  
derail and insult much?

I don't need to play a role. People see what they want to see.
If you haven't figured it out yet I and many others can care less about your opinion.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-31 16:05:44  

This is you actually, good try tho. Very good try.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 16:07:42  
You're still only on ACA legally requiring companies to drop certain policies... and like I've said before... I can't argue with you here... This did happen and I never excused it...

all the while Nausi is making wild claim that this is crushing the insurance companies profit margins and just to stay afloat they have to also cancel plans that they aren't legally required to otherwise they could no longer remain profitable...

All policies being cancelled are not the result of the ACA legally forcing insurance companies to do so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-31 16:35:42  
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know.

Please name me a federal politician who does not take donations from companies or allow themselves to be entertained by corporate lobbyists.

Any politician from either party.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 16:44:55  
all the while Nausi is making wild claim that this is crushing the insurance companies profit margins and just to stay afloat they have to also cancel plans that they aren't legally required to otherwise they could no longer remain profitable...

I gotta start reading his posts again, I might've pooped laughing at that >.<
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-31 16:48:07  

How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.

If someone has already mentioned this, ignore this then. I am still back reading.

What are you saying here?
0.5% of $50 million > 0.4% of $30 million
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 17:17:20  
Math is not Nausi's strong point.

Being that .5% of 50M= 250,000 and .4% of 30M= 120,000.

That or whoever he gets his talking points from is not very good at math.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 17:23:28  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
What are you saying here?
0.5% of $50 million > 0.4% of $30 million

that's tomorrow's episode of Hannity.

I guess we'll find out then!

:D
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 17:29:53  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know.

Please name me a federal politician who does not take donations from companies or allow themselves to be entertained by corporate lobbyists.

Any politician from either party.
Current politician or former?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 17:34:25  
All policies being cancelled are not the result of the ACA legally forcing insurance companies to do so.
Not all, but the majority are.

Or are you going to say that they were all bad to begin with? You mean to tell me that the consumer (you) is so stupid that they can't determine what type of health insurance you own?

Or are you going to say that the insurance companies are holding a gun to your head saying "sign this form or we will blow your brains out."
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101