First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:35:40  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
ACA specifically states that there has to be a cap on net profits of 15% of gross receipts. While most insurance companies generally take on 5% profit or less from gross receipts, that isn't a huge issue...except now that government has first stepped in and demanded that a company cannot exceed profits of 15% of gross receipts! Of course there isn't outrage because not that many people understand it, and those who do are those that are ignored by the general public because they are the "evil super rich 1% *** who take the money off of the backs of working normal citizens" and such.

Oh, and in case you think I'm pulling this out of my ***:

Go to Section 1103 or page 939

But you will ignore that because it doesn't fit your liberal agenda.

Well lets present the section for everyone to read before we determine if it's only understood by the 1% let alone yourself.

There is that pesky phrase Medical Loss Ratio which you know is money given back to the consumer that the IRS can tax as taxable income.

There is even that pesky phrase Social Security which we know you hate.

Did you ever hear what Dwight D Eisenhower said about the people who would try to dismantle minimum wage and social security?
Dwight D. Eisenhower-1952 said:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."
I'm sure it can be applied to those that stand against the ACA in 5yrs time.
What's your point?
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 16:37:52  
Would there have been? How long did it take for Madoff to come crashing down? And that was brought about by the financial collapse... how much longer would he have been operational if that had not come to pass? Billions of dollars flying around and no one was even paying attention lol... and how many people went down for that?

Besides... all that usually ends up happening is they take a fine... admit no wrong doing and find another way to screw people... there are very rarely any criminal repercussions...

Also, there are practices that companies engage in that walk that fine line between legal and illegal...

and no this is not all companies... corporations aren't inherently evil nor are their practices... and hell they don't even need to give a ***about their customers...

In any case... I think we've made the point that we don't hate profits and to get on the same page we can all just call em exploitations for you...
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 16:38:03  
Josiahkf said: »
Ihave no clue what's going on with your guys' country but if someone wants to summarize the thread I'm all ears.

we're nuts.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:39:04  
Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Was not talking about or to you with what you quoted. Did you not see the post below that one that you broke up into individual responses?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:40:52  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Ihave no clue what's going on with your guys' country but if someone wants to summarize the thread I'm all ears.

we're nuts.
I think that applies to everyone in the world.

Some alien species will see our history and wonder why it took so long to kill each other as we will have done in the near future.
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 16:41:40  
we're nuts.
Canadians wouldn't understand!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 16:44:44  
why it took so long to kill each other as we will have done in the near future.

don't assume that's the endgame >.<
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 16:44:56  

This is all turning into a blur, but...

ACA, shutdown, DANCE YOUR PANTS OFF!, EPA, Bush, idiots, Obama, fracking, dinosaurs, hookers, cocaine, pollution, the definition of "earthquake", necrophilia, 'Star Trek', 'Star Wars', pegasi...Ummm...I feel like I'm missing something.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:46:00  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

ACA, shutdown, DANCE YOUR PANTS OFF!, EPA, Bush, idiots, Obama, fracking, dinosaurs, hookers, cocaine, pollution, the definition of "earthquake", necrophilia, 'Star Trek', 'Star Wars', pegasi...Ummm...I feel like I'm missing something.
There was a government shutdown mixed in there somewhere.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 16:46:56  
2nd thing she listed...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 16:47:26  
Do you not read?

Thats the second thing Zahrah listed.

Just like the point of the post you quoted at the top of this page is in it's first sentence...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:49:18  
why it took so long to kill each other as we will have done in the near future.

don't assume that's the endgame >.<
Why not? With all of this hatred going around now, it wouldn't be long before some poor kid from some Middle East country gets shot in the head and starts WWIII, with nukes!

75-80% of the world population will be killed during the war, with one side claiming ultimate victory of a doomed species because we would be too sick to reproduce again due to radiation poisoning and end up lasting at most another century after WWIII.

This is the pentacle of our society, enjoy it while it lasts.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:49:56  
2nd thing she listed...
my bad. I do skip a few things every now and then. Everyone is guilty of that.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 16:52:20  
Nausi swayed me. The only logical conclusion...

YouTube Video Placeholder

CA first, then OR, then WA (these three for being on the faultline, "ground zero", if you will), then OK, then TX, then CO, then SD...Where else are they fracking?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:54:33  
California is allowing fracking?

I thought that the EPA would have prevented that right off the bat.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 16:57:32  

Nope. They don't.

It's all aliens. Every earthquake anywhere. Whether on the San Andreas or fracking.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 17:15:42  
Why not?

because hatred is a learned condition.

there will always be the freak 1-3% of sociopaths, but outside of that we aren't born intrinsically evil or malicious twords others, it's a special present your family or society attempts to indoctrinate you with, & can be overcome / eliminated. a spiral into hatred, violence, & death would be an insult to every beautiful thing this planet holds/ has held.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 17:19:10  

Nope. They don't.

It's all aliens. Every earthquake anywhere. Whether on the San Andreas or fracking.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-10-30 17:20:27  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
What you mean to say is that a hand grenade explodes at the approximate energy force of a 0.2 earthquake.

However, it is not an earthquake.

There is a large difference from something that produces a similar energy force and an earthquake.

Odin.Jassik said: »
Quakes are caused by geologic forces, a hand grenade is not a geologic force. You invalidate yourself with every single post you make. Don't you understand you're a caricature?

This is par for the course in these threads. I don't like what you're saying so I'll redefine your worlds for you so that you say something else. I think this falls into the "Red Herring" camp but I'm not entirely sure, it could be in "Ad Hominem" territory as well. There's definitely some "name calling" too.

Type "earthquake" into google and we get:

-------------------
earth·quake
ˈərTHˌkwāk/Submit
noun
noun: earthquake; plural noun: earthquakes
1.a sudden and violent shaking of the ground, sometimes causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action.
-------------------

Further breakdown of the word splits it into Earth and Quake which are:

-------------------
earth
ərTH/Submit
noun
the planet on which we live; the world.
--------------------
quake
kwāk/Submit
verb
(esp. of the earth) shake or tremble.
--------------------

The shaking of the earth is an earthquake, whatever the cause is, if it quakes the earth, it is an earthquake. If the source is a grenade/bomb above the surface that sends an atmospheric compressive force into the earth to create the movement or a rupture of tectonic plates deep within the surface, the resulting forces are both "earthquakes".

A "geological force" is simply a force dealing with the earth. It isn't limited to forces originating "within" the earth. A person falling down onto the earth creates a "geological force" when they hit it.

When the shockwave that results from an exploded hand grenade interacts with the earth, that force becomes geological when that interaction takes place.

We are so far from the original point right now, it's ridiculous....
even with the definitions you posted, you're wrong.

read the bold
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-30 17:21:12  

You forgot the great bible study of SOCIOCOMMUNISM! :(

and with that: another excerpt from the sociocommunist bible:

"Ye, though i be of low wealth and job opportunity the lord Obama be beside me. He comforts me with but the many packets of (insert your states system of food stamps) [Louisiana Purchase] cards, He but shelters me in (insert your state level housing programs) [section 8] housing, and he annointeth my head with the redistributed funds of the wealthy and poor alike. And upon my passing, he shall welcome me into the great sociocommunist country in the sky, of which he had prepared a government owned facility for me of which i owned nothing but was allowed the use of, at the expense of others." Hail Obama.

Regulations 1: 1-9
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-10-30 17:21:28  
Siren.Flavin said: »
So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...

...and again you drift ever so closer to the notion that profit is wrong and criminal. Make it more expensive to do business by mandating additional levels of care and businesses will have to adjust their outlooks for the added risk.

people making profit on people's lives is wrong, and should be criminal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 17:22:06  
Why not?

there will always be the freak 1-3% of sociopaths, but outside of that we aren't born intrinsically evil or malicious twords others, it's a special present your family or society attempts to indoctrinate you with, & can be overcome / eliminated. a spiral into hatred, violence, & death would be an insult to every beautiful thing this planet holds/ has held.

I'm still stuck at the part where the middle eastern kid who is shot in the head started WWIII with nukes. Because that girl, Malala Yousafzai, she seems like such a nice soul.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-10-30 17:24:07  
Do you guys hear yourselves? Now, you've gone ahead and discredited the dictionary (lol).

Earthquake is a combination of the words earth and quake. Scientific nuance does not invalidate English. This is really simple stuff.

anyone who knows anything about language understands that the dictionary isn't the final say.

not to mention that a dictionary doesn't compare to the scientific use of a word, not to mention that even the definition you posted, you're wrong.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 17:26:59  
Enuyasha said: »
You forgot the great bible study of SOCIOCOMMUNISM! :(

every paragraph of which has been hilarious.

praise be unto him.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 17:28:45  
Why not?

There you go.

We aren't evil at birth, but we are in life. All it takes is 1 thing and you are evil forever.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 17:31:43  
Jetackuu said: »
So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...

...and again you drift ever so closer to the notion that profit is wrong and criminal. Make it more expensive to do business by mandating additional levels of care and businesses will have to adjust their outlooks for the added risk.

Government does it all of the time. You have heard of taxes, haven't you?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 17:35:07  
We aren't evil at birth, but we are in life. All it takes is 1 thing and you are evil forever.

you've lost me now, I'm sorry.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-30 17:35:23  
Jetackuu said: »

Government does it all of the time. You have heard of taxes, haven't you?
Taxes are not profit...nor is a government "people". Taxes go to fund public services and other government services. Profit is an individual gain that serves no other purpose than to take from one person and give to another. In certain cases (like insurance) profit tends to be more abundant while the service rendered for this capitol is not adequate, or non existent. Meaning, that only one side of the transaction receives all benefits of the transaction...in a large company, with many transactions going on: it CAN be a bad(to a TERRIBLE) thing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 17:45:15  
Enuyasha said: »
Taxes are not profit...nor is a government "people". Taxes go to fund public services and other government services. Profit is an individual gain that serves no other purpose than to take from one person and give to another. In certain cases (like insurance) profit tends to be more abundant while the service rendered for this capitol is not adequate, or non existent. Meaning, that only one side of the transaction receives all benefits of the transaction...in a large company, with many transactions going on: it CAN be a bad(to a TERRIBLE) thing.
I'm sorry, I couldn't stop laughing.

Government is not "people?" What is the government for then anyway? Last I checked, America is supposed to be "By the People, For the People." So, how can we be FOR the people if it isn't made up OF people? Oh wait, I forgot, government exempted themselves as being people. Got it!

"Profit is an individual gain that serves no other purpose than to take from one person and give to another." That is your exact words. Taxes doesn't do that? Last I checked, my taxes went from my pocket and into another person's SNAP account. But that's different, how? Oh yeah, I got nothing from that. Whereas a businesses produces goods or services for said profit, so when I give a business money, I got a service and/or product in return. But when I give government money, I get nothing! (Unless you consider not going to jail for tax evasion as a service, which I don't...)

Again, you don't read the contract. Why should you pay minimum for insurance and expect a lifetime of care in return? You pay for what you get! Next time, why don't you read the contract before signing it? Then you wouldn't complain (but we all know you will, because you expect free service from all)...

Seriously, you need to read what you write.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101