Shut 'em Down!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 99 100 101
By Fumiku 2013-10-23 22:28:27  
I liked the line when Obama said we have the best tech people involved in this now...

WHERE THE F(%$ WERE THEY AT BEFORE?! I am also seeing tech people suggesting that the website will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Granted I know nothing about programming, but I wonder if its like remolding a house, sometimes its just faster to tear it down to rebuild it the way you want it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-23 22:32:03  
Fumiku said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I really don't see how you can think not doing a delay would be a good thing given the current situation of the the website. I would be very surprised that they can get the site up in time.

You really are a die hard fan of supporting dumb ***that doesnt work.

The idea that they can't manage to get a website up and working with enough time for people to get registered and purchase a plan is laughable, but it seems to be the case. I'd support delaying the mandate at least 6 months from the time when the site is running at nearly perfect levels. If that takes the year that TPer's wanted, at least this is a good reason to delay it. And shame on the US government for failing to do something as trivial as building a website in 2014.

Private companies roll out websites all the time for a fraction of the cost of this website that see far less than their cost's share of the traffic that the marketplace is seeing. IF you're going to spend that kind of money, the ***better work...

My thing is, that Reid and Obama didn't want to budge on the health care law because they didn't want to look like a push over. I don't believe that the republicans were doing the delay for the will of the people, but they will look totally stupid for not agreeing to the CR with the attached one year delay if they do not get this site up in time and then put any kind of delay on it.

They had an out. The republicans gave it to them and chose to brave and then stupid instead of compromising.

The issue was that there is a time and a place to discuss legislation, a budget crisis is not it. I'm hopeful that they will embrace the promises they made to sit down and work on ACA when it is the right time and place.

I'd like to see the government go after the company that was paid astronomical amounts of money to deliver a website that is broken. They need to address the gaping holes in the procurement process and start awarding contracts to companies that have a history of delivering on time and under budget.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-23 22:34:10  
I really don't see how you can think not doing a delay would be a good thing given the current situation of the the website. I would be very surprised that they can get the site up in time.

No where did I say anything related to what you are talking about. I simply said that NBC is reporting rumors, not facts, that have since been shot down. And the rumor was 6 weeks, not 6 months.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-23 22:35:14  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

No where did I say anything related to what you are talking about. I simply said that NBC is reporting rumors, not facts, that have since been shot down. And the rumor was 6 weeks, not 6 months.

Journalistic integrity has hit an all-time low...
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-10-24 07:12:36  
I liked the line when Obama said we have the best tech people involved in this now...

WHERE THE F(%$ WERE THEY AT BEFORE?! I am also seeing tech people suggesting that the website will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Granted I know nothing about programming, but I wonder if its like remolding a house, sometimes its just faster to tear it down to rebuild it the way you want it.

You can't have your best people everywhere at the same time, working on everything.

Regarding programming, it is exactly the same answer in either situation (with regards to house renovation); it depends. You have quite a few of the same types of considerations; budget, schedule, documentation, and current condition, each of which is necessary to evaluate to make the right choice.

There shouldn't be a need to rewrite everything from scratch in this case, but there are probably a lot of possibilities for improvement.

And keep in mind, even the best/smartest people can come up with some pretty stupid solutions sometimes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-24 07:21:31  

Don't forget, it is only a rumor if it shows how inept you are. Kindof like how it is a phony scandal if it is against you.
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 08:28:00  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I really don't see how you can think not doing a delay would be a good thing given the current situation of the the website. I would be very surprised that they can get the site up in time. You really are a die hard fan of supporting dumb ***that doesnt work.
Don't forget, it is only a rumor if it shows how inept you are. Kindof like how it is a phony scandal if it is against you.
No... Rumors are just rumors... unsubstatiated facts that you shouldn't be reported as facts lol... if someone says 6 months and you come back and tell people that you heard it was 6 years it doesn't mean that what you heard has any merit at all lol... or that just because one person said 6 years that means that the people saying 6 months are just trying to hide someones incompetence lol...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-24 08:35:45  
Insurance cancellation notices are snowballing. You can't even fix this anymore by delaying the sites implementation and the individual mandate. People have already begun loosing their existing coverage.

I bet by the end of the month the number of people Obamacare will have excluded out of the insurance market will be greater than the number of people the exchange will permit to sign up. Truly disastrous!

If only you could have kept your existing plan like someone promised us.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-24 08:38:07  
Siren.Flavin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I really don't see how you can think not doing a delay would be a good thing given the current situation of the the website. I would be very surprised that they can get the site up in time. You really are a die hard fan of supporting dumb ***that doesnt work.
No... Rumors are just rumors... unsubstatiated facts that you shouldn't be reported as facts lol... if someone says 6 months and you come back and tell people that you heard it was 6 years it doesn't mean that what you heard has any merit at all lol... or that just because one person said 6 years that means that the people saying 6 months are just trying to hide someones incompetence lol...
For one thing, 6 weeks would put it about right before the December 15th deadline. So, if anything, that is what the government is shooting for. That would make it less of a rumor and more of an actual goal for the government.

For another thing, 6 weeks or 6 months won't matter because people have already lost faith in the system. Just another example as why we should not place our faith in a flawed system.

Besides, I was referring to the liberals automatic defense, calling it a rumor (before the rumor has been proven to be a rumor or not). Kindof like a certain president calling all of those scandals involving his administration "phony..."
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 08:43:01  
ok... but... The rumor in the first place was 6 weeks to begin with not 6 months... they made it out to be 6 months which was pretty much creating their own rumor lol... which has since been shot down as false all together...

Whether it takes 6 weeks... 6 months or 6 years or everything just falls in around itself... well that remains to be seen...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 08:49:54  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Insurance cancellation notices are snowballing. You can't even fix this anymore by delaying the sites implementation and the individual mandate. People have already begun loosing their existing coverage. I bet by the end of the month the number of people Obamacare will have excluded out of the insurance market will be greater than the number of people the exchange will permit to sign up. Truly disastrous! If only you could have kept your existing plan like someone promised us.
Did you read to see which people they're cancelling on?
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 08:55:48  
They had an out. The republicans gave it to them and chose to be stupid.

Unfortunately it's not something they can turn off and on....
It would have given them time to mend fences with the unions too...

But for some reason making obama look like a tough guy has become all important for our standing in the world... I think they should run the soundtrack to Shaft behind him while he is slapping chris christie around like a bish.

FDR (a democrat) was in a *** wheelchair and nobody in the press mentioned it.... well we can have our president look like a cripple... Journalistic integrity is an oxymoron

PARKER Edit Issac MFing Hayes Bishes!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-24 08:57:03  
Insurance cancellation notices are snowballing. You can't even fix this anymore by delaying the sites implementation and the individual mandate. People have already begun loosing their existing coverage. I bet by the end of the month the number of people Obamacare will have excluded out of the insurance market will be greater than the number of people the exchange will permit to sign up. Truly disastrous! If only you could have kept your existing plan like someone promised us.

People who previously elected to buy coverage that currently is not approved by the current law or people who the agency was able to cover and still remain in business before but now view as too risky. How does that affect what I said in the least?

People had health care before, now they don't (because of the law) and now they don't even have a site where they can replace that coverage.

Good intentions and hope Obamacare don't keep the lights on bro.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 09:14:19  
People who previously elected to buy coverage that currently is not approved by the current law or people who the agency was able to cover and still remain in business before but now view as too risky. How does that affect what I said in the least? People had health care before, now they don't (because of the law) and now they don't even have a site where they can replace that coverage. Good intentions and hope Obamacare don't keep the lights on bro.
This is from your article...
Quote:
Both Independence and Highmark are cancelling so-called “guaranteed issue” policies, which had been sold to customers who had pre-existing medical conditions when they signed up. Policyholders with regular policies because they did not have health problems will be given an option to extend their coverage through next year.

Consumer advocates say such cancellations raise concerns that companies may be targeting their most costly enrollees.

They may be “doing this as an opportunity to push their populations into the exchange and purge their systems” of policyholders they no longer want, said Jerry Flanagan, an attorney with the advocacy group Consumer Watchdog in California.

Also, you'd be incorrect in saying that they had insurance before and now they don't... even in the article you posted it said that if the people that had cancellations issued on their policies would be re enrolled in a "recomended plan" come renewal if they did not elect to get a different plan or opt out of obtaining insurance...

This is why I ask if you even read the articles you post... While you do touch on some points, most notably here that people are not always being allowed to keep the same plane they had (which is also not universally true but is true for a great number of people), you ramble off on certain talking points disregarding any semblance of a complete story looking for some kind of dramatic effect or something...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 09:16:55  
Good intentions don't keep the lights on bro.

it's the only thing that matters!

when are republicans going to realize that things like "results" have never mattered. Only intentions matter, as long as you tried your best you get a gold star. Everyone is a special snowflake.

So what if the half a billion dollar website doesn't work!!! We tried!

We compassionately tried! We're bringing them the good stuff!!!

THE PRODUCT IS GOOD!!! I SMOKED IT MYSELF!!!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 09:19:11  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Good intentions don't keep the lights on bro.
it's the only thing that matters! when are republicans going to realize that things like "results" have never mattered. Only intentions matter, as long as you tried your best you get a gold star. Everyone is a special snowflake. So what if the half a billion dollar website doesn't work!!! We tried! We compassionately tried! We're bringing them the good stuff!!! THE PRODUCT IS GOOD!!! I SMOKED IT MYSELF!!!
Whoa whoa whoa.... We've gotten good results from politicians before?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-24 09:24:04  
Quote:
Like other insurers, the Blue Shield letters let customers know they have to make a decision by Dec. 31 or they will automatically be enrolled in a recommended plan.

From Nausi's article. Always read the last paragraph and you will find everything you just read is not as sensational as it sounded.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 09:30:07  
Whoa whoa whoa.... We've gotten good results from politicians before?

none spring to mind....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 09:38:53  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Quote:
Like other insurers, the Blue Shield letters let customers know they have to make a decision by Dec. 31 or they will automatically be enrolled in a recommended plan.

From Nausi's article. Always read the last paragraph and you will find everything you just read is not as sensational as it sounded.

it's way easier to get offended by it if you only read half of it.

and then throw the newspaper down and say THANKS OBAMA!!!
except I don't think they actually print the newspaper any more...

QUICK someone fashion some hemp into an environmentally friendly newspaper substitute so we do things like can roll it up to swat the dog's nose with it when he poops on the floor...we can angrily throw it around the room.... we can rustle it in an agitated manor.
we can peer over it when our wife or children try to interrupt our reading...

front page THANKS OBAMA with a picture of him in front of a mushroom cloud then all the articles have headlines like Obama Causes breast cancer in lab rats... EVERYONE DIED!!!........ Elvis Found on Mars

the stories don't have to make any sense they just need to fill the pages with ink
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-24 09:42:50  
Quote:

it's way easier to get offended by it if you only read half of it.

and then throw the newspaper down and say THANKS OBAMA!!!
except I don't think they actually print the newspaper any more...

QUICK someone fashion some hemp into an environmentally friendly newspaper substitute so we do things like can roll it up to swat the dog's nose with it when he poops on the floor...we can angrily throw it around the room.... we can rustle it in an agitated manor.
we can peer over it when our wife or children try to interrupt our reading...

front page THANKS OBAMA with a picture of him in front of a mushroom cloud then all the articles have headlines like Obama Causes breast cancer in lab rats... EVERYONE DIED!!!........ Elvis Found on Mars

the stories don't have to make any sense they just need to fill the pages with ink

This was all I could think of while reading that post:

besides calling my connect for some product.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 09:51:58  
besides calling my connect for some product.

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 10:11:09  
not as sensational as it sounded.

This is what is going to happen on dec 31st to everyone when obama's personal cell phone/server and backbone of obamacare.gov goes down

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-24 10:21:11  
I see what you did there... omitting the part where they actually get air, the eyes and tongue receding back into their skulls and then the groovy martian happily ever after love making on the red rocks.

M.A.R.S Mars ***!
RED ROCKS!!!!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-24 10:46:05  
People who previously elected to buy coverage that currently is not approved by the current law or people who the agency was able to cover and still remain in business before but now view as too risky. How does that affect what I said in the least? People had health care before, now they don't (because of the law) and now they don't even have a site where they can replace that coverage. Good intentions and hope Obamacare don't keep the lights on bro.
This is from your article...
Quote:
Both Independence and Highmark are cancelling so-called “guaranteed issue” policies, which had been sold to customers who had pre-existing medical conditions when they signed up. Policyholders with regular policies because they did not have health problems will be given an option to extend their coverage through next year.

Consumer advocates say such cancellations raise concerns that companies may be targeting their most costly enrollees.

They may be “doing this as an opportunity to push their populations into the exchange and purge their systems” of policyholders they no longer want, said Jerry Flanagan, an attorney with the advocacy group Consumer Watchdog in California.

Also, you'd be incorrect in saying that they had insurance before and now they don't... even in the article you posted it said that if the people that had cancellations issued on their policies would be re enrolled in a "recomended plan" come renewal if they did not elect to get a different plan or opt out of obtaining insurance...

This is why I ask if you even read the articles you post... While you do touch on some points, most notably here that people are not always being allowed to keep the same plane they had (which is also not universally true but is true for a great number of people), you ramble off on certain talking points disregarding any semblance of a complete story looking for some kind of dramatic effect or something...
Sometimes you bring up points that are quite thoughtful, but not here. Here you're just looking for a way to invalidate what I said and carry water for Obama.

The story I posted can be summarized up with "people who bought individual policies previously with insurance companies are receiving policy cancellations. The insurance company can no longer offer them that policy, either the previous policy is unlawful or due to the nature of who that policy holder is the insurance company no longer wishes to assume their risk.

A "guaranteed issue" policy is a policy sold to someone who has a preexisting condition. These people were sold valid policies. I am not incorrect when I present them as already having insurance. Nor am I incorrect when I say they no longer have that insurance policy. Will the insurance company offer them a different product? I'm sure they will. Will that plan that has more benefits because of the reforms enacted from obamacare be more expensive or less? I'm sure the insurance company would love to tell you it would be less, but if you believe that I've got a nice bridge to sell you out here in New England.

You know my car insurance auto enrolls me if I don't actively disconnect from it too, that doesn't automatically mean I'm going to pay for the rate hike when it comes...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-24 10:46:13  

This scene always reminds me of how ironic Nausi's avatar is.

The entirety of Total Recall beyond the antics of Arnie is meant to criticize free market capitalism taken to extremes like Robocop before it. Everyone on Mars lives like ***because Cohaagen and his crew are profiting from strip mining ore and rather than use the atmosphere machine he tries blow it up to protect his profits.

Well that and Ronnie Cox plays a mean slimeball and Paul Verhoeven is a *** boss.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-24 10:57:47  
I'm not trying to carry water for Obama at all... I'm not even defending ACA... You're just wrong lol... you read about 1/10 of the article... ignored the rest and come back and try to refute things that you're wrong about...

I'm not saying the rollout was successful... I'm not saying everyone is getting the best deal... I'm not even talking about anything besides your own article... All I'm saying is that your statements so far, based on the article you yourself posted, are wrong... or at the very least misinformed...

Edit: That and you try to sensationalize everything like the world is going to end with each new update lol...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-24 11:08:14  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

This scene always reminds me of how ironic Nausi's avatar is.

The entirety of Total Recall beyond the antics of Arnie is meant to criticize free market capitalism taken to extremes like Robocop before it. Everyone on Mars lives like ***because Cohaagen and his crew are profiting from strip mining ore and rather than use the atmosphere machine he tries blow it up to protect his profits.

Well that and Ronnie Cox plays a mean slimeball and Paul Verhoeven is a *** boss.

Cohaggen is a *** boss! [/fistbump] although not as much of a boss as Agent Smith from the Matrix. Holy ***he's one of the best villains ever.

Now say it with me....

"Free market capitalism is not mars from Total Recall."

Total recall isn't a critique of free market capitalism either, neither is robocop. When one company controls the market isn't called a free market anymore it's called a monopoly.

What you fail to understand is that in "Total Recall" Mars is governed by a strong centralized authority which because of its ability to abuse of power, does by starving people from oxygen in it's quest to make them compliant.

The only single centralized authority in healthcare in our country is the government. Capitalism is not the trigger for "abuse of power".

Power by its very nature is abusive. You can either live in a world where you seize the freedom to abuse yourself or someone else does it for you.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 11:11:56  
or someone else does it for you.

you gotta pay extra for that though
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-24 11:30:40  
THANKS OBAMA!!!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-24 11:40:09  
I just wish obama would hurry up and finish his night school website design classes... I have a lot of expensive unnecessary testing to perform on people.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 99 100 101