First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 09:11:06  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Since I haven't seen it mentioned:

The chinese rating agency Dagong downgraded the U.S. Sovereign Credit Ratings to A-.
Their reasoning: http://en.dagongcredit.com/content/details20_7580.html

While the agency lacks the heavy weight of the three big U.S. agencies because of how America handles their financial market place, it is still not that harmless as it used to be. China is not only the biggest foreign Creditor but also it's european daughter (Dagong Europe) has recently (7th june) been licenced (CRA) by the EU (ESMA).
How come it has to take a 3rd party to explain to us what a "radical group" has been saying all along?

I'm surprised we are still in the "A" category. We really should be in the "B" category...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 09:20:45  
radical group erodes investor confidence to the lowest level since the 1700's through continual obstructionist activities, shuts down the government repeatedly, threatens default, circumvented democracy at every turn... why didn't we listen to them? oh ya, cause when they're not spouting nonsense they're cashing farm subsidy checks, taking kickbacks from lobbyists, and throwing their feces at school children on a field trip.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-17 09:21:48  
Brief recap of the above article on why our credit is downgraded. Perhaps you should all start listening to the tea party instead of belittling them because the people you support are destroying the world economy.

Credit downgraded because:

1) the government piles more debt on top of old debt and can barely sustain it's own expenses

2) the federal government depends on borrowing new debts to pay back its old debts

3) the federal government prints money to pay its debt

4) our debt grows faster than our national income

5) all plans to tackle our debt become politicized and nothing is solved
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-17 09:25:55  
Odin.Jassik said: »
radical group erodes investor confidence to the lowest level since the 1700's through continual obstructionist activities, shuts down the government repeatedly, threatens default, circumvented democracy at every turn... why didn't we listen to them? oh ya, cause when they're not spouting nonsense they're cashing farm subsidy checks, taking kickbacks from lobbyists, and throwing their feces at school children on a field trip.

the only people that threatened default were Obama and the Democrats. Even if the debt ceiling was not raised there is 10 times the amount of revenue coming into the government than needed to make debt payments. They are obligated to pay the debt payments first. The only chance of default would have been if the President decided to break the law and order that we don't pay. You know this. The fact that you demonize a group that calls for us to lower our debt and deficits underscores exactly why are credit is downgraded. The most modest economic reforms are politicized beyond belief and those wanting to solved our dire economic issues are trashed by big government people on both sides of the aisle.

When you have to borrow money to pay back money that you already owe you are screwed. It is a death spiral.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 09:29:55  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Wait, this has been happening since 2008 and you are blaming the Tea Party?

(refresher for your memory, Tea Party didn't come to be until 2010, and even then, they have not had any effect on any policies to date)

Why not admit that your horse isn't all that great and effectively created that so-called "radical group" by being the horrible leaders they are.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-17 09:30:00  
The reason we almost have a shutdown every 4 or 5 months is the terrible leadership in Washington, straight up. There is no other cause. You tell me in 5 years as President you cannot bring people together on a budget? That is the worst Presidential leadership in history. President Obama knows that he does not have to work with Republicans. He gives no concessions. He knows that he does not have to because he just has to wait until the deadline when the government is at the end of the previous continuing resolution on the budget; talk about an incoming shutdown and hammer the Republicans with his bully pulpit and the media so they get the blame for his terrible leadership.

It will happen again in February so be expecting it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 09:32:57  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
When you have to borrow money to pay back money that you already owe you are screwed. It is a death spiral.

Wait, is the government forming it's own version of the Ponzi scheme...

Yup, looks like it.

/waits for liberals to call it a lie while blaming it all on Bush/Tea Party/Romney/Limbaugh/Fox News/Capitalism.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 10:13:38  
Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Seriously, that the best you can come up with?

Nothing to counter with? No major argument against our viewpoint? Just a cheap jab that just shows how far from reality you are?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 10:32:54  
No, I am going to go to work now. Later I will sit down and spout how you are out of touch (or perhaps just touching Amandarius). My old post to you is still back there on 50 if you miss me.

You mean that post that was not worth responding to? Which I did?

Quote:
Which is all Limbaugh and Bush's fault by the way.

Another example of liberals not having a thought in their little heads, so they allow the media and the government to think for them.

How is this Limbaugh's fault if he has absolutely no power to make policy changes at all? That's like blaming the Tea Party for what happened in '08 (see below).

I can't WAIT for the moment that you realize that you can think for yourself!

Quote:
Oh and the financial troubles of '08 must be the fault of Obama. If he was less busy on his ranch in Texas then Obama could have stopped being a stupid liberal and gotten into office.

Did I blame Obama for the financial troubles of 2008?

/looks

Nope, I did not. If I did, I would be hypocritical against my own argument, because my argument is why are liberals blaming the Tea Party for something that happened before the Tea Party existed?

Which, if you had any reading comprehension, you would have understood if you actually read what I said...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 10:57:19  
You're clueless if you don't think men like Limbaugh, Beck, Jones and O'Reilly or women like Coulter, Ingraham or Cupp don't influence voters who then influence the crop of politicians that can enact policy changes backed by their wealthy benefactors.

Their rhetoric are the talking points card-carrying Republicans swear by and the radicals are emboldened by their marching orders and conspiracy-laden diatribe. None of us are fools here, you aren't divining your opinions from thin air and your conspiratorial ramblings on liberals isn't unique in the slightest.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-17 11:02:44  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I just read the legislation. Guess what! No booby prizes: toodles~!

I'm still backreading and catching up on the news....

The booby prize was income verification. 0/1 I said Keystone Pipeline
The shut down was for 16 days that puts me at 0/2 I said three weeks
Downgrade happened as predicted 1/3 but I may only get a half a point since it's just the chinese so far
I'll compile my other hideous losses later.

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see what happens when you breach the debt ceiling. The few protests were lame and even the name calling here lacked a certain je ne sais quoi...

C'mon people we can do better that this!!!

Nausi's bus load of terminally ill children were the only casualties... All of their lunches were eaten... by me....
The bus broke down so it didn't even make it over the cliff.

All in all it was fun. As usual, nobody learned anything
so round # 1,789,417 starts in january, that will give you simps time to shop for christmas...unless I can figure out some other way to ruin the holidays... /stifles diabolical laugh

Remember kids! Evil never dies and you can't fix crazy!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 11:14:35  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You're clueless if you don't think men like Limbaugh, Beck, Jones and O'Reilly or women like Coulter, Ingraham or Cupp don't influence voters who then influence the crop of politicians that can enact policy changes backed by their wealthy benefactors.

I didn't say that. I said that they have no power in making policy decisions. Influence =/= power.

Besides, the real issue is that people are allowing others to think for them, instead of thinking things through.

Quote:
Their rhetoric are the talking points card-carrying Republicans swear by and the radicals are emboldened by their marching orders and conspiracy-laden diatribe. None of us are fools here, you aren't divining your opinions from thin air and your conspiratorial ramblings on liberals isn't unique in the slightest.
Oh, and you don't believe that liberals do the same thing?

I find that liberals are actually worse because not only they are regurgitating talking points made by our so-called leaders in Washington, but also regurgitating talking points made by supporters of our so-called leaders in Washington, mainly, the media.

But the media is saying that is all tinfoil hat theories, so I guess you are going to believe them more than reasoning it out and coming to the same conclusion I have...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 11:28:35  
Influence is power.

No ***card-carrying members of a party will lap up their respective positions talking points, the statement that Republicans are somehow immune to this is asinine. You only think one side is worse than the other as a means to differentiate yourself or a deficiency in looking at your own 'side' critically.

The difference between the line-towing right now is that Republicans have a Tea Party pulling their platform further to the right. This is demonstrable and ultimately responsible for self-fulfilling prophecies like the government shutdown and sabotaging the economy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-17 11:31:01  
I'm still trying to figure out how in his mind liberals are worse for regurgitating talking points by media pundits when he said that conservative media pundits have that same infulenece on conservatives.

of course he will say he didnt say that... even though he did.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-17 11:53:32  
I might join the tea party.

the biggest lesson I gathered from the federal government being shutdown is, I don't need it!

lol
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 12:40:38  
Influence is power.

No ***card-carrying members of a party will lap up their respective positions talking points, the statement that Republicans are somehow immune to this is asinine. You only think one side is worse than the other as a means to differentiate yourself or a deficiency in looking at your own 'side' critically.

The difference between the line-towing right now is that Republicans have a Tea Party pulling their platform further to the right. This is demonstrable and ultimately responsible for self-fulfilling prophecies like the government shutdown and sabotaging the economy.
I did not say that this was limited to liberals only. I'm saying that liberals are more dangerous because they have 2 sources of talking points to regurgitate.

The Tea Party only exists because of what has happened (silently btw) over the years to the liberal base. The reason why you didn't hear about this is because the media "failed" (intentional or not) to report it. In essence, Democrats have created the Tea Party to counteract the increasing liberal base that they themselves have pushed towards over the years.

I'm still trying to figure out how in his mind liberals are worse for regurgitating talking points by media pundits when he said that conservative media pundits have that same infulenece on conservatives.

Quote me saying that conservative media pundits have the same influence on conservatives than they (the same conservatives) do on liberals.

But then again, you will just reference a graph showing Oprah's ratings over the years and say that Limbaugh is taking over the world...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 12:55:38  
So now the story is the Democrats created the Tea Party?

Nothing to do with the '08 financial collapse, the ascension of Obama to national office, the changing social factors (gay marriage, abortions, income, 'browning' of America etc etc.) or the frustrations Americans are facing with the growing debt?

For the record, we had a two-term Republican president prior to the Tea Party formation. Explain how a cabal of Democrats sat in a dark room and unveiled a plan to create a right-wing extremist party dedicated to returning to the 'fundamentals' through social and fiscal conservatism molded on a very specific interpretation of Republican ideals.

The Tea Party claims to be libertarian but its candidates and elected officials are mostly socially conservative wolves in libertarian clothing growing more socially conservative with each primary challenger.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-17 12:56:57  
The Tea Party shut down the government for two weeks and effectively cost taxpayers billions dollars while hurting all the small businesses that have government contracts.

They gained essentially nothing for their antics, largely because the Republican Party couldn't internally agree on and put forth a reasonable bill that had any chance to pass in the Senate or be signed by Obama. All that they gained was some "conservative" credentials with people who don't realize how low their odds of success were.

After all, spending billions of dollars for no gain doesn't seem very fiscally conservative to me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-17 12:59:21  
Haven't backread yet, so I apologize in advance if this was already posted.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — And just when it seemed as if things could not get any more bizarre in the Capitol, a House stenographer, shouting and protesting, was dragged off the House floor as the House voted to pass the Senate deal, 285 to 144, late Wednesday night.

According to members who witnessed the incident, the stenographer, who many lawmakers and aides said they recognized, got up on the dais in the front of the chamber and began shouting. At first, lawmakers and aides thought she was a protester, and the presiding member used the gavel to try to bring the House back to order.

“The greatest deception here is this is not one nation under God. It never was,” the stenographer said as she was carried off the House floor, through the speaker’s lobby and into the hall. “It would not have been. The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons that go against God.”

House staff members and aides were visibly shaken as they tried to calm her down. “Come on, sweetheart,” one said as a group tried to get her into an elevator and Capitol police officers came streaming toward the House floor.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-17 13:03:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I didn't say that. I said that they have no power in making policy decisions. Influence =/= power.

Besides, the real issue is that people are allowing others to think for them, instead of thinking things through.

Quote:
Oh, and you don't believe that liberals do the same thing?

I find that liberals are actually worse because not only they are regurgitating talking points made by our so-called leaders in Washington, but also regurgitating talking points made by supporters of our so-called leaders in Washington, mainly, the media.

But the media is saying that is all tinfoil hat theories, so I guess you are going to believe them more than reasoning it out and coming to the same conclusion I have...
vaguely confirming said theorum without actually confirming it.

Influence is power.

I did not say that this was limited to liberals only. I'm saying that liberals are more dangerous because they have 2 sources of talking points to regurgitate.

The Tea Party only exists because of what has happened (silently btw) over the years to the liberal base. The reason why you didn't hear about this is because the media "failed" (intentional or not) to report it. In essence, Democrats have created the Tea Party to counteract the increasing liberal base that they themselves have pushed towards over the years.

Quote me saying that conservative media pundits have the same influence on conservatives than they (the same conservatives) do on liberals.

But then again, you will just reference a graph showing Oprah's ratings over the years and say that Limbaugh is taking over the world...
and then in the SAME POST (the one you had just posted, just to clerify) you mention liberals regurgitating two sources (implying that conservatives do the same, but only with 1 source).

^-thisun right her.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 13:05:24  
@Zahrah

Crazy religious person does something crazy, has no idea what she's talking about. More at @11.

Next: Pew research poll inconclusive in new study on wetness of water.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-17 13:13:05  

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!

from the movie "Wild At Heart"

PARKER Edit:
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-17 13:21:48  
LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!

Its over.

The Republicans lost. The Democrats didn't win. It cost the country 92 BILLION DOLLARS. (Or was it 94? I forget.)

But overall the country lost the most. And I am not talking just dollars here.

Time to shut this thread down.

Really.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 13:25:43  
How the Tea Party was formed according to conspiracy theorists:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 13:27:06  

Nothing to do with the '08 financial collapse, the ascension of Obama to national office, the changing social factors (gay marriage, abortions, income, 'browning' of America etc etc.) or the frustrations Americans are facing with the growing debt?

For the record, we had a two-term Republican president prior to the Tea Party formation. Explain how a cabal of Democrats sat in a dark room and unveiled a plan to create a right-wing extremist party dedicated to returning to the 'fundamentals' through social and fiscal conservatism molded on a very specific interpretation of Republican ideals.

The Tea Party claims to be libertarian but its candidates and elected officials are mostly socially conservative wolves in libertarian clothing growing more socially conservative with each primary challenger.
I know you have a very limited memory, so I'll help you refresh it.

The Tea Party isn't about "getting after Obama" or anything else you conjure up, it is about limiting government's role in everyday life (main platform). It is the Jacksonian way of thinking about how government should act towards the people. Fear the people, not have the people fear you.

In essence, the Tea Party's victory can be summed up to show the nation that, hey, we can live without "Big Brother" breathing down our necks every time we have a thought in our heads. We don't need the government to determine every decision in our personal lives, or business lives for that matter.

The liberal base has been all about expanding government (as proven between 2009-2011, where government has expanded at an outstanding rate). In case you also forgot, there was a liberal president, the House and Senate were both liberal-based (how else did they pass Obamacare), and people were mad that they were being ignored by the federal government. Hence, the Tea Party was born in response to an overwhelmingly super majority that the liberals had for 2 years.

So, yes, liberals did create the Tea Party, because of their own greed to legislate and shove down the people's throats what they didn't want. Maybe now you may remember that (I highly doubt it, all you would have to do is look away and forget everything I wrote).

@Enuyasha: When you have 10 people tell you one thing, and 1 person tell you the opposite thing, who are you going to listen to?

Also, having 10 people tell you that one thing doesn't make them right. But you would have to be able to reason for yourself in order to figure that out.

Conservatives do not have the opportunity to relay their message as much as the liberals do, because their message does not get reported to a larger audience through the media as much as the liberal message does (on a daily basis). Therefore, the idiots will listen to the liberal message and think it is true (Zero, Pleebo, Jassik for example) more than they would to any conservative message. Especially when the liberal message almost always include a jab against the conservative message (which is what the media has been reduced to now).
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-17 13:27:29  
@Zahrah

Crazy religious person does something crazy, has no idea what she's talking about. More at @11.

Next: Pew research poll inconclusive in new study on wetness of water.

Yeah...I know it's somewhat superfluous, but...It's just bizarre.

Welp, if the Republicans don't realize a course correction is needed by 2016, getting pummeled by Hillary Clinton (or whoever the Dems field) should drive home the point. I'm just hoping this is the end of the Obamacare saga or at least the crazy, teapot ***.

Ted Cruz will never be the POTUS, not on this timeline.

It is never the end. Some people never accept reality and try to live in the past.

I remember my math teacher once told us oh so many years ago that "conservative literally means backwards thinking".

Then when I took economics the teacher said Ronald Reagan was the greatest president ever and had a picture of him on the wall. Then explained why taxes should be low, how he likes trickle down, and that the minimum wage should not be raised. Yet always voted to increase the school budget in elections. Hmmmm.

Good thing math is the basis for most things in life because it set me on the right path!

Mmmm...This may be a bad example, depending on the state you're in, the educational demands of the specific state, and how long ago this was.

There's a scheduling of salaries for teachers that's DOE and level of education. Here, at least, there's inflexibility with teachers receiving a salary boost. He may not be voting for what I think you might be insinuating. He may have been voting for budgetary increases for materials, better materials, or expansion of programs to help students, despite his political leanings.

Teachers here have been living with a noose around their neck.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-17 13:29:20  
I see the tea party is taking its defeat rather badly.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-17 13:51:04  
Therefore, the idiots will listen to the liberal message and think it is true (Zero, Pleebo, Jassik for example)

You can say what you want about me...

Even though we disagree on a lot of things, Pleebo's posts/points are typically well thought out, well sourced and well written.

You can disagree with what he is saying, but calling him an idiot is only going to lessen the way people feel about you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 99 100 101