First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 99 100 101
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-08 12:18:06  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Just out of curiosity, who do you have in mind as the "who", Nik? Just trying to gain a little clarity.

the world health organization...

you're out of your element donny!!!!

Ugh! I need a Benedryl.

I thought you were referring to different demographics since you pointed out Walmart patrons. :/
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:18:15  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Yeah, that's not how it works here. If you need emergency help you can grab your phone and call the emergency line.

Right, see I'm speaking from personal experience here as a well established idiot and frequent kidney stone sufferer who has crawled into more emergency rooms with vomit drooling off my chin than most people have driven by.

And your reluctance to state the typical er response time has me crossing denmark of my list of places to visit...

nobody gets shot there? nobody od's and gets dropped off at the door?

what is the turn around time in the ER!?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:19:06  
Um...EU has a larger population than the US. Europe definately has a larger population.

If you mean individual countries than no, but maybe people should stop lumping EU and Europe together.

I'm talking about individual European countries in comparison to the US.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:25:30  
Yeah, that's not how it works here. If you need emergency help you can grab your phone and call the emergency line.

Right, see I'm speaking from personal experience here as a well established idiot and frequent kidney stone sufferer who has crawled into more emergency rooms with vomit drooling off my chin than most people have driven by.

And your reluctance to state the typical er response time has me crossing denmark of my list of places to visit...

nobody gets shot there? nobody od's and gets dropped off at the door?

what is the turn around time in the ER!?

Why do you think something operates only like it does in the US? Do you think there is only one way to approach a problem?

When someone is shot do they call emergency services in the US? What are the wait times on gunshot wounds?

Usually the wait time is nothing because it is an emergency.

That is how it works here. If it is an emergency there is no wait time. You are immediately worked on whether by a nurse or a doctor.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-08 12:27:20  

Seems like shitty dietary choices, Nik. Stop drinking so much coke and coffee. :P

Or are you intentionally reiterating this point...

Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves.

?
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 12:27:24  
Siren.Flavin said: »
The departments are in seprate areas... some in the same building some in different but they don't mix areas... Blood has always been taken by a nurse on site, not in the examination room but in the office in a room specifically for it, though it is processed elsewhere...
It definately depends on the hospital in the US. If you are ever in Atlanta do not go to Grady. What do you mean by keeping areas seperate? Your patients travel in the same elevators, the same initial corridors (depending on how they came in), the bed linens are washed together, etc. The US has seen an increase in hospital bacterial infections.
First of all... you can be in the same building and not take the same elevator... It can be constructed to be seperate where different wings have different access points... I know there are four seperate ones in the main building where I go... They also do have other buildings that house other specialties...

Same initial corridors is a good possibility... It is hard to avoid that unless you have multiple entry points and the patient or visitor chooses to enter from the entry point closest to their

Areas... different departments... samey same lol...

I have no idea where the sheets are washed or who does that but I do hope that when they are washed it takes care of any issue of germs or bacteria or whatever the *** was on it.. because if they're "washing" the sheets and it's coming back with ***all over it still that's a problem in itself...

My advice though... go to a better hospital when your here...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 12:29:05  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Furthermore I would like to dispute the WHO ranking on the fact that they consider life expectancy, among other things, that have nothing to do with providing healthcare. Therefore, our heathcare is artificially ranked lower because Americans make lousy choices and are idiots. Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves. Have you been to a Walmart!?
If you want to dispute the WHO, that's fine. Numerous people have challenged that report. Population is a huge factor the United States has over Europe. It doesn't change the fact that Chanti's "classic industrialized nations" is codespeak for Europe and based on the WHO ranking on efficiency we're below every European nation and some developing countries.
Um...EU has a larger population than the US. Europe definately has a larger population. If you mean individual countries than no, but maybe people should stop lumping EU and Europe together like they are one entity than.
I think you're just being nit picky now because I'd imagine these ratings that you're talking about and referring to industrial nations and the like you already know that individual nations are being talked about so don't do that lol...

and besides that... each hospital wouldn't account for members of the other nations on any sort of regular basis lol...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:31:59  
Ugh! I need a Benedryl.

I thought you were referring to different demographics since you pointed out Walmart patrons. :/

no, chanti said

Garuda.Chanti said: »

and I said

does your *** ever get sore from pulling these things out of it?

and then sparthosx spent two pages trying to claim that her statement was valid because if you look at it a certain way some of it isn't entirely false...

while I still stand by my statement that she pulled that opinion out of her *** after being forcefed it. Because of the use of her term "by any metric"

she didn't say european countries
or say the WHO metric
it's a liberal talking point and it's false

and here is the problem. If you base your personal opinion off of one source that is debated you are blind. If you get up on a soapbox and try to convince me of it having never read the original assessment you are an idiot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:34:05  
The departments are in seprate areas... some in the same building some in different but they don't mix areas... Blood has always been taken by a nurse on site, not in the examination room but in the office in a room specifically for it, though it is processed elsewhere...
It definately depends on the hospital in the US. If you are ever in Atlanta do not go to Grady. What do you mean by keeping areas seperate? Your patients travel in the same elevators, the same initial corridors (depending on how they came in), the bed linens are washed together, etc. The US has seen an increase in hospital bacterial infections.
First of all... you can be in the same building and not take the same elevator... It can be constructed to be seperate where different wings have different access points... I know there are four seperate ones in the main building where I go... They also do have other buildings that house other specialties...

Same initial corridors is a good possibility... It is hard to avoid that unless you have multiple entry points and the patient or visitor chooses to enter from the entry point closest to their

Areas... different departments... samey same lol...

I have no idea where the sheets are washed or who does that but I do hope that when they are washed it takes care of any issue of germs or bacteria or whatever the *** was on it.. because if they're "washing" the sheets and it's coming back with ***all over it still that's a problem in itself...

My advice though... go to a better hospital when your here...

Do all personnal who work in that hospital only use designated elevators? Is the protocol followed?

I would recommend you actually check out some of the problems with the bacteria in hospitals in the US. Some baceteria are not killed through high heat washing.

My mother-in-law was an infectious disease nurse who worked for the CDC and she had to travel to many hospitals to figure out how infections were spreading and to give recommendations. She and my father-in-law who is a surgeon have many bad things to say about past and current issues in hospitals.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:35:43  
Usually the wait time is nothing

that is awesome
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:35:58  
Furthermore I would like to dispute the WHO ranking on the fact that they consider life expectancy, among other things, that have nothing to do with providing healthcare. Therefore, our heathcare is artificially ranked lower because Americans make lousy choices and are idiots. Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves. Have you been to a Walmart!?
If you want to dispute the WHO, that's fine. Numerous people have challenged that report. Population is a huge factor the United States has over Europe. It doesn't change the fact that Chanti's "classic industrialized nations" is codespeak for Europe and based on the WHO ranking on efficiency we're below every European nation and some developing countries.
Um...EU has a larger population than the US. Europe definately has a larger population. If you mean individual countries than no, but maybe people should stop lumping EU and Europe together like they are one entity than.
I think you're just being nit picky now because I'd imagine these ratings that you're talking about and referring to industrial nations and the like you already know that individual nations are being talked about so don't do that lol...

and besides that... each hospital wouldn't account for members of the other nations on any sort of regular basis lol...

I am being picky that Europe is referred to as one country when it is convient on this forum and other times not, again when it is convient. I've mentioned this on other threads. It is the equilivant of lumping Mexico, US, and Canada all together for various issues.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:37:01  

that is awesome

Now wait time for non-critical things is an entirely different matter.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:40:43  

Seems like shitty dietary choices, Nik. Stop drinking so much coke and coffee. :P

Or are you intentionally reiterating this point...

Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves.

?

Oh yeah, I'm the first one to admit I am an idiot.

but our heathcare system is great because even in a country chock full of self destructivee idiots I can drag myself into one and get seen in fifteen minutes. whereas in places like canada I have waited days..

and so therefore.

BY MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE METRIC OUR SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN CANADA!!!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 12:40:51  
I would imagine you'd have to follow each and every employee around all day everyday for an extended amount of time to determine that one lol...

I'm sure there are problems with some hospitals in the US but you're acting as if it is an epedemice for every single hospital in the US which is false... and like I said... if sheets are being washed... even seperately and they are coming back still infected by the person that was laying on it previously there is still a very big issue there...

I'm sure they do have some bad things to say about SOME hospitals lol...

I'm not arguing that all hospitals in the US are perfect but I am saying that there are facilities here in the US that are at an equal and superior level to those of the other nations...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:41:10  

that is awesome

Now wait time for non-critical things is an entirely different matter.

:(
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:43:01  
I am being picky that Europe is referred to as one country when it is convient on this forum and other times not, again when it is convient. I've mentioned this on other threads. It is the equilivant of lumping Mexico, US, and Canada all together for various issues.

You're looking far too deep into my words.

Referencing the WHO report and then using Europe as an example as to why the US would have trouble running an efficient healthcare system isn't lumping Europe together. No European country has anywhere near the American population which also happens one avenue of dispute against the aforementioned report.

Proponents of single-payer look to Europe as the shining example of how to do healthcare right (among other things) but population is a huge factor. France has 65 million people. The UK has 63 million. The USA has 313m. Yeah.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 12:44:16  
I think you're just being nit picky now because I'd imagine these ratings that you're talking about and referring to industrial nations and the like you already know that individual nations are being talked about so don't do that lol... and besides that... each hospital wouldn't account for members of the other nations on any sort of regular basis lol...
When do people refer to europe as a country? It's a continent... and yes I am aware of the equivalent... you're being too picky because you evidentally can't take the hint that people refer to them as european nations... especially as we've been referring to them as industrialized nations in europe... and it's in general.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:46:05  
I would imagine you'd have to follow each and every employee around all day everyday for an extended amount of time to determine that one lol...

I'm sure there are problems with some hospitals in the US but you're acting as if it is an epedemice for every single hospital in the US which is false... and like I said... if sheets are being washed... even seperately and they are coming back still infected by the person that was laying on it previously there is still a very big issue there...

I'm sure they do have some bad things to say about SOME hospitals lol...

I'm not arguing that all hospitals in the US are perfect but I am saying that there are facilities here in the US that are at an equal and superior level to those of the other nations...

And I agreed with you that it depends on the hospital in the US.

Many hospitals in the US are superiour to the rest of the world, many countries have worthless healthcare facilities.

The best thing for people to do is exactly what you said, go to a better hospital. Research the hospitals in your area and figure out which one you would want to be transferred to if something bad happens.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:58:55  
I'm always more concerned about the ER bills.

The last one added chest pains to my visit for chest pains.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:58:57  

You're looking far too deep into my words.
Referencing the WHO report and then using Europe as an example as to why the US would have trouble running an efficient healthcare system isn't lumping Europe together. No European country has anywhere near the American population which also happens one avenue of dispute against the aforementioned report.

Proponents of single-payer look to Europe as the shining example of how to do healthcare right (among other things) but population is a huge factor. France has 65 million people. The UK has 63 million. The USA has 313m. Yeah.

Not all healthcare systems in Europe or the EU are created equal. You are lumping 28 countries (talking about the EU) healthcare systems together as a shining example. Not all of them are and not all of them function even remotely the same way.

I'm not trying to dispute the fact that population plays an important role. Absolutely it does.

Maybe I didn't make that clear before.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 13:01:06  
When proponents of single-payer draw comparisons they usually choose an individual country to compare the US to.

My point only was that European nation populations pale in comparison to the US when looked at on an individual basis.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-08 13:30:18  

and then sparthosx spent two pages trying to claim that her statement was valid because if you look at it a certain way some of it isn't entirely false...

while I still stand by my statement that she pulled that opinion out of her *** after being forcefed it. Because of the use of her term "by any metric"

she didn't say european countries
or say the WHO metric
it's a liberal talking point and it's false

and here is the problem. If you base your personal opinion off of one source that is debated you are blind. If you get up on a soapbox and try to convince me of it having never read the original assessment you are an idiot.

Okay. Fair enough. You're going to have to forgive me for not functioning on all four cylinders today, but...

When you mentioned this...

Furthermore I would like to dispute the WHO ranking on the fact that they consider life expectancy, among other things, that have nothing to do with providing healthcare. Therefore, our heathcare is artificially ranked lower because Americans make lousy choices and are idiots.

Yes, I partly agree that because of life expectancy, you can't really use data from WHO as a end-all-be-all, but can't you at least come to the conclusion that because the American healthcare system is inundated with people who make terrible choices to begin with that might be one of the many reasons that our premiums are higher?

The (Tea Party) Republicans jumped at the chance to make a "Don't tread on me!" hooplah over this administration's encouragement of healthier life-styles. How are you suppose to rectify the situation if you have a portion of the population denying and scoffing at someone trying to introduce a healthier alternatives?

Something as fundamental as the food you stuff down your gullet (food which is better quality in Europe) to the amount of vacation time Europeans receive over their US counterparts could be an explanation for their life expectancy. I don't see why the US has such an aversion to a healthier "European" life-style.

I think what you're trying to unsuccessfully dig out of Kara is something like this...

EDIT: I forgot to add that my uncle was diagnosed with throat cancer last year and was an immediate priority.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 14:00:42  
I disagree that food is of a better quality in European nations lol...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-08 14:08:46  
quality is a bit grey, it is better in some ways and worse in some.

no country is as thorough with their meat as America.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 14:33:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »
quality is a bit grey, it is better in some ways and worse in some. no country is as thorough with their meat as America.
THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 14:38:21  
I think Americans are scared of socialized medicine for the pure fact that they'll have to take responsibility for themselves more often.[/spoiler]

If there is one thing I have learned it is that.. There is no problem so great that the united states government can't step in and make it even worse... They have almost a magical power to escalate every problem into an epic global crisis.
By Zerowone 2013-10-08 14:42:08  
"The anarchy gang is quick to malign governement!!!" She's on to your plans Niko.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-08 14:48:27  
"When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route."

O-bummer's at it again,a pro immigration rally in a DC park? Sure no problem but there shall be NO PEE BREAKS exiting national parks during the govt. shutdown.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-08 14:51:34  
And we've been Godwined. Was a good run. I'll get the lights on the way out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-08 14:53:30  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
And we've been Godwined. Was a good run. I'll get the lights on the way out.
nonono it doesn't count, I didn't make the comparison...
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 99 100 101