users online
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 99 100 101
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-07 13:49:35  
it's called THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT because If they called it the "Make your insurance premiums go up to pay for people with expensive medical problems rather than let it get picked up by you anyways as a tax payer indirectly so it looks like we care and are saving money so we can blow it later on shoring up our own unsustainable pension plans" it would have been even harder to get passed through two houses of congress, signed by the president, challenged by the supreme court and finally funded maybe...
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-07 14:11:09  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lye said: »
Zerowone said: »
Its a bit of lie, and a certain something advocates that are in the fight need to clarify people on. It is true the penatly for 2014 is something anyone can afford but come 2016 its not affordable especially coupling in the fact the unsubsidized cost of health care for a person without insurance is astronomical.

Yes. Which is why it is NOT a stretch to question Nausi on calling obamacare a "handout."

What is the penalty in 2016, 600? 600 is astronomical, try the 20+ grand some people pay a year to cover families? Quit your freaking bitching.

It's a handout because the imaginary person who goes bankrupt because they don't have insurance will no longer exist. If you get sick, go to the exchange and get insurance, Obama will probably give you some money to buy some. Companies can no longer turn you away, and they can no longer charge you more than anyone else because of that illness. That added risk is paid for by me and other like me.

If you aren't like me and refuse to participate monetarily in a system you'll forever have full access to when you need it, you'll be penalized 600 dollars in 2016. Meanwhile the people who actually pay out the money to create that system (me) will pay exorbitant premiums just you you can have that entitlement. By the way if you're dumb enough to not get insurance after you get sick, rack up millions of dollars in heal care costs, die and stiff the hospital for that treatment, the rest of us will pay for that too through our premiums.

The full access even when you're already sick is a handout! The subsidy is a handout!

Wow you are dense. Its 695 per person in 2016.

20k a year to cover a family is nothing compared to the cost of hospital bills for a family with zero coverage. Thats where the astronomical adverbial comes into play.

Nobody here is bitching except for you.

Post Edit: Using your line of thinking, in your last line you're basically saying even "Free Market" Health Insurance is a hand out since your bills are subsidized by your premium. You have no idea how the system in which you are bitching about works.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-07 14:14:24  
Well the GOP shutdown is starting to hit the VA this week, non essential employees are being furloughed, so the vets that want to contact their VA rep, you are out of luck, try Boehner instead.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-07 14:17:37  
Its a bit of lie, and a certain something advocates that are in the fight need to clarify people on. It is true the penatly for 2014 is something anyone can afford but come 2016 its not affordable especially coupling in the fact the unsubsidized cost of health care for a person without insurance is astronomical.

Yes. Which is why it is NOT a stretch to question Nausi on calling obamacare a "handout."

What is the penalty in 2016, 600? 600 is astronomical, try the 20+ grand some people pay a year to cover families? Quit your freaking bitching.

It's a handout because the imaginary person who goes bankrupt because they don't have insurance will no longer exist. If you get sick, go to the exchange and get insurance, Obama will probably give you some money to buy some. Companies can no longer turn you away, and they can no longer charge you more than anyone else because of that illness. That added risk is paid for by me and other like me.

If you aren't like me and refuse to participate monetarily in a system you'll forever have full access to when you need it, you'll be penalized 600 dollars in 2016. Meanwhile the people who actually pay out the money to create that system (me) will pay exorbitant premiums just you you can have that entitlement. By the way if you're dumb enough to not get insurance after you get sick, rack up millions of dollars in heal care costs, die and stiff the hospital for that treatment, the rest of us will pay for that too through our premiums.

The full access even when you're already sick is a handout! The subsidy is a handout!

20k a year to cover a family is nothing compared to the cost of hospital bills for a family with zero coverage. Thats where the astronomical adverbial comes into play.

So go out and buy insurance. It's more "affordable" now you know, the rest of us stiffs have been forced to pay more, specifically for you. Plus you'll get a subsidy too, so there's no excuse.
By Zerowone 2013-10-07 14:20:01  

So go out and buy insurance. It's more "affordable" now you know, the rest of us stiffs have been forced to pay more, specifically for you. Plus you'll get a subsidy too, so there's no excuse.

I already have insurance you booob.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-07 14:27:30  
when will people learn to love and accept teh nausi?

YouTube Video Placeholder

/whips him slightly less as he drags my golden sled uphill
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-07 14:27:35  
Deregulation is not the answer... Has no one learned anything?

Specifically for him? How do you know he doesn't already have health insurance? also, not everybody gets a big ol' subsidy... the subsidies mainly go to people who are already making next to nothing lol...

I know I've been paying insurance premiums for the last 7 years or so...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-07 14:34:58  
Siren.Flavin said: »
Has no one learned anything?

yes
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-07 14:57:43  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Has no one learned anything?

yes
NEVER!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-07 15:09:23  
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-07 16:49:45  
Okay...Just keeping this short and sweet.

After looking up the estimate for a dual-income family in our income bracket, I've come to the conclusion that we paid $600 more in our co-pay for prenatal, L&D, postnatal, and pediatrics this year for birth than the estimate for the predicted premiums hikes for a family in the same income bracket.

Just as a comparison, the German health care system is somewhat similar except when you reach the cap of about $70K, it's mandatory that you apply private or employer provided insurance programs. My cousin and her husband, in Mainz-Kassel, Germany, paid about the equivalent of $300 out-of-pocket with their employer provided insurance and they are taxed on their insurance premiums. $300 out of pocket or $3,500 out of pocket. Gee whiz! I haven't talked to her specifically about this yet, but I bet her bills weren't inundated with bloated/exaggerated fees.

Anecdotal, so take it for what it is...
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-07 17:38:40  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Just as a comparison, the German health care system is somewhat similar except when you reach the cap of about $70K, it's mandatory that you apply private or employer provided insurance programs. My cousin and her husband, in Mainz-Kassel, Germany, paid about the equivalent of $300 out-of-pocket with their employer provided insurance and they are taxed on their insurance premiums. $300 out of pocket or $3,500 out of pocket...

By any metric you use America' health care "system" is the 3rd to 1st worst of the classic industrialized nations. Indeed some of the old and current 2ed world nations beat us out on health care.

Except in one metric, per capita cost. We lead the whole world in per capita cost.

If there is one thing the American health insurance industry is more scared of than a single payer system its the German regulated market system.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-07 18:18:59  
Heard on the radio today that if Congress doesn't raise the debt ceiling, no matter what Obama does or doesn't do, he'll be violating the Constitution. Pretty interesting stuff.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-07 18:20:41  
Right, thats the biggest worry if the GOP fails to raise the debt ceiling.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-07 18:56:35  
Nope.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-07 19:28:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Right, thats the biggest worry if the GOP fails to raise the debt ceiling.

It's more than simply a talking point, but you're obviously right, it's a minuscule portion of the real effects of a default.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 00:46:27  
Amber Alert site restored after online furor over government shutdown

Quote:
"At no point has Amber Alert system been interrupted during shutdown. To prevent confusion, informational DOJ site has been restored," spokesman Brian Fallon said on Twitter. He said at least two alerts were issued over the weekend.

Although the amberalert.gov website did carry a message saying it was unavailable "due to the lapse in federal funding", the DOJ said the site merely carries information "about DOJ's role in providing trainings to states on how to have amber alert system", CNN's Jake Tapper reported.

"Alerts themselves are issued jurisdictionally - by county or state," a DOJ official told CNN. "So [...] not affected by shutdown."

"Amber alerts are uninterrupted. They get issued by states and counties, which do notifications to media, on twitter, highway signs, etc. The dot-gov site is informational, not the law enforcement tool."
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 08:46:16  
Skateboarders flip for shutdown's silver lining

There is an upside to the nearly empty plazas in front of the District of Columbia's partially shuttered government buildings. Skateboarders have taken to gliding on some of the marbled plazas and steps on federal property that aren't being policed amid the government shutdown, reports The Wall Street Journal. One favorite spot: Freedom Plaza on 13th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, not far from the White House. <- stolen from an article in the detroit free press SKATE!!!

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-08 09:08:40  

classic
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 09:56:59  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
By any metric you use America' health care "system" is the 3rd to 1st worst of the classic industrialized nations. Indeed some of the old and current 2ed world nations beat us out on health care.

does your *** ever get sore from pulling these things out of it?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-08 10:08:32  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

Quote:
"At no point has Amber Alert system been interrupted during shutdown. To prevent confusion, informational DOJ site has been restored," spokesman Brian Fallon said on Twitter. He said at least two alerts were issued over the weekend.

Although the amberalert.gov website did carry a message saying it was unavailable "due to the lapse in federal funding", the DOJ said the site merely carries information "about DOJ's role in providing trainings to states on how to have amber alert system", CNN's Jake Tapper reported.

"Alerts themselves are issued jurisdictionally - by county or state," a DOJ official told CNN. "So [...] not affected by shutdown."

"Amber alerts are uninterrupted. They get issued by states and counties, which do notifications to media, on twitter, highway signs, etc. The dot-gov site is informational, not the law enforcement tool."

Right, they restored it. So I guess its all a show? Or will you still deny that the executive branch is picking and choosing what to hurt people with during the slight shutdown total apocalypse?

Deregulation is not the answer... Has no one learned anything?

Specifically for him? How do you know he doesn't already have health insurance? also, not everybody gets a big ol' subsidy... the subsidies mainly go to people who are already making next to nothing lol...

I know I've been paying insurance premiums for the last 7 years or so...

Subsidy cap is somewhere around 80-90 grand, that's next to nothing? thats about 4x minimum wage if min wage was 10/hr.

I already have insurance you booob.

I wasn't talking DIRECTLY to you!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 10:08:49  

We do have one of the least efficient, highest cost healthcare systems among industrialized nations. A pity most Americans are so busy patting themselves on the back that we're always #1.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 10:38:24  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

We do have one of the least efficient, highest cost healthcare systems among industrialized nations. A pity most Americans are so busy patting themselves on the back that we're always #1.

oh, well since YOU concur with her assessment I'm sure it's absolutely true...

All Hail Sparthosx!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 10:48:45  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

But just out of curiosity, what are you basing this claim on?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 10:49:53  

Quote:

Right, they restored it. So I guess its all a show? Or will you still deny that the executive branch is picking and choosing what to hurt people with during the slight shutdown total apocalypse?

The amber alert system was never offline.

The website was down.

There is a difference.

Many government websites are down, people are still working in those departments.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-08 10:56:31  

Quote:

The amber alert system was never offline.

The website was down.

There is a difference.

Many government websites are down, people are still working in those departments.

<rolls eyes>

I F-ing said that yesterday, go look back! The system was still quite functional, it was never "down", but Obama shut down access to the site because they wanted to play politics. In the meanwhile he had maintained access to Michelle's letsmove.gov or whatever it was called.
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 10:59:12  
Ok Nausi... apperantly you can't read very well... the Amber alert system was NEVER SHUT DOWN in the first place... a website that displayed information about the system itself was shutdown...

I was wrong and you were right and wrong lol... It all depends on income related to the poverty level... once you reach 4 times the poverty level you can receive no federal subsidy... if your single you don't really receive any kind of subsidy even at lower wages... They start to kick in when your family starts to become bigger... spouse and children... it seems to be household income as well... There also seems to be a charge in there in certain places for smoking... It also doesn't take into account for out of pocket costs and such...

If you weren't talking to him directly then you did a poor job of distinguishing that... you shouldn't address him directly like that if you're not lol... Even so you still have no idea what you're talking about...
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 11:00:12  
Why do you think that the President is in charge of picking which websites stay online or go offline?

edit:
It doesn’t save money unless they’re turning off the servers, and they’re clearly not doing that becauwse the proper system is still running. The website might not get updates if the staff running it is furloughed, but once up and running it should more or less run on its own — much like the World War II memorial does when NPS officials are not on duty.

Do you work for IT for the federal government? Do you know how their servers and IT structure is set-up?

Lots of assumptions going on.
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-08 11:03:04  
Because even though they denigrate the current president as a despotic dictator. They for some reason believe deep in their core the role of the president is that of a despotic dictator that controls everything. Which is weird because you know.. Fox News.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-08 11:04:22  
Why do you think that the President is in charge of picking which websites stay online or go offline?
To blame Bush for the shutdown?

First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 99 100 101