フォーラム » Everything Else » Fan-Art » Your FF/random Artwork
Your FF/random Artwork
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41
 Ramuh.Tumba
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Tumba
By Ramuh.Tumba 2009-11-23 16:47:30  
It is no problem Peti, I think i know what might be giving you trouble, and I don't mind the delay. I do however wait in eager anticipation for what you can do with my character.
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-11-23 18:20:22  
I've been reluctant to post here since I've done no FF-related art, but since I've enjoyed viewing the wonderful pieces put up here, I thought it would be fun to participate just a bit.

(But I removed my signature from each piece since I'm quite private.)

First I want to say: OMG Peti, you're amazing. I have Photoshop but all I know how to do with it is make t-shirt and sticker graphics. I'm envious of the beautiful things you do!

These are all older things. I have more recent things I've done which are more personal and not like the boring things drawn for family. I'm not keen to post them anywhere, though, because they may be shown in a little art house some time. *woot* [excitement]!

First I'll post a couple of the nature-y drawings I've done for family. I asked them to scan and email me their faves, and they chose these. They're pretty enough but boring. It's not the kind of thing I'd do if not as a gift for someone.

Below is my first foray away from pens and pencils, and into paint. Everyone will likely hate it, but I don't mind. It's very personal to me and I like it even though now I think it's silly. Without getting into too much detail, it's a portrait I did of how I viewed a specific person in my life at the time, several years ago. Years later, I'm healthier, have worked through some things, and no longer see anyone like this.

And just because I like him even though he's dumb and I've made actual good wire sculptures since, here's a little guy I made several years ago. He had clay hands built on too, but those broke off some time ago. I like how the thicker wire rusted while he lived on the front door. His brother was stolen (*frown*) so I brought him in.

Sylph.Jetu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-11-23 19:39:45  
Unicorn.Dulcinea said:
i like this one alot :)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-23 20:18:37  
***, lots to get caught up on today! Good day for AH art! lol

Congrats on your new picture, 7! Looks really great, Peti, love the little touches.

@Kogenta: dooooooooood. Definitely do more, that looks incredibly cool. Really nice and aesthetically pleasing style; details with the armor and face/hat are great. NOT CRAZY ABOUT THE KITTIES ..BUT EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE. Post those new ones when you're done asap! lol

@Leyla: Nice picture! That's the Lowtech modded AF, yes? It looks nice, you should keep it up! Nicely toned down the sluttiness Lowtech brings to these sets. (is this good?!) lol

@Dulci: NOT QUITE GREEN HORNY, but I guess they'll do. Perhaps the last little guy was inspiration for the green horny? lol Seriously though, I had no idea you had such talent. I liked the frog quite a bit, he's very charismatic and expressive. (cute too!) Really glad to see you posting here as well.

Extra thank you to everyone being so welcoming and encouraging new posters here.
 Unicorn.Halciform
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-23 20:24:15  
I also like the hummingbird, bu tI'm personally more drawn to the wire sculpture :)

Have some things this time that are more fleshed out than sketches... all of them are school assignments, though, so no elvaans or mithras or the like

few speed-painting self portraits for class:

(... yeaaaah, I meant this to look weird and gross. all of the colors of an eggplant)

and the rest are not self portraits (obviously... I hope! Though I wouldn't mind being that monster...)

[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2009-11-23 20:41:47  
Mtoy your signatures are amazing.
Dont say it isnt art to manipulate.
I used to do Photoshop for 8hrs a day and was a part of a signature site. All we did was sigs.

I could post alot of my old work but it wouldnt relate to FF.

I need to get back into it. your work is giving me the itch.
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2009-11-23 20:55:18  
Oh i also wanted to ask Peti.
How do you do your work. Its outstanding.
Are you using photoshop and just hand painting over the old image and using it as a stencil?

beautiful work.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-23 20:55:38  
I'll try to be nice, Hal, but knowing I've seen the sour side of that female beak creature really makes things difficult. lol

Seeing the 2nd initially said "Trent Reznor isn't that messy an eater, no way" in my mind, but it's actually a really cool picture. lol Liked the 3rd picture a lot, too, more so from seeing skully. I think the first is really my favorite of all of them, though I can't really say why specifically.

Still a big fan of the dark carnival guy's mustache too.
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-23 21:09:36  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I'll try to be nice, Hal, but knowing I've seen the sour side of that female beak creature really makes things difficult. lol

Seeing the 2nd initially said "Trent Reznor isn't that messy an eater, no way" in my mind, but it's actually a really cool picture. lol Liked the 3rd picture a lot, too, more so from seeing skully. I think the first is really my favorite of all of them, though I can't really say why specifically.

Still a big fan of the dark carnival guy's mustache too.

I still like drawing Janet nude... her anorexic skeletal birdwoman body is just fun to draw!

and pomegranates are hard to eat without making a mess.... now lets see if I can finish this 3-series painting before tomorrow :( not looking like i'll get a ton of sleep tonight... better pack away the tea and cola, i'm going to need it tonight.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-23 21:25:06  
And again, your avatar is the perfect representation of THA REAL art school experience. lol I'll set my /botherbother to ultimate distraction mode later tonight, rest assured.
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-23 21:28:21  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
And again, your avatar is the perfect representation of THA REAL art school experience. lol I'll set my /botherbother to ultimate distraction mode later tonight, rest assured.

I'm already distracting myself on these forums :( may as well.

I'm TECHNICALLY in film school! *hurrhurr*
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-23 21:44:24  
Way to make me look like a jerk that doesn't pay attention to these details! ILL SHOW YOU EDIT BUTTON HERE I COME--the quote is a lie!
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-23 21:58:13  
I only corrected you because the fine arts kids here tend to be crazy XD
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-23 22:02:39  
Halc, most of your art freaks me the *** out. But the style and level of detail is absolutely amazing.
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-23 22:24:54  
Odin.Blazza said:
Halc, most of your art freaks me the *** out. But the style and level of detail is absolutely amazing.

My storyboard teacher says the same thing, but thank you!
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-11-24 22:19:08  
Holy crap Halciform, those are incredible. Makes me think of Tim Burton, and Mr.Burton fuggin pwns. Think ima use that last pic as my desktop if ya don't mind.

Also I was wondering is there like a way to learn to draw. I was told it takes practice. . .but I mean what do you practice? <_<;
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-11-24 23:13:19  
When I learn to draw (I'm still learning very much! XD) I focus on one thing at a time.

say you want to draw people, I started out learning faces. Spending time getting the shape down and then working on perfecting smaller detail, like eyes, noses mouth etc. There's a whole bunch of free tutorials online showing how to draw faces, and they show nicely how to map everything out... like how far each eye has to be apart, width of the mouth etc etc.

It's a step by step thing, where as the more you practice drawing it out, the better you'll get. The only thing that will limit you is your imagination ^^

if you want to try and draw different poses, www.posemaniacs.com is really really good, free to use and has a whole bunch of different poses.

it's a slow process and to some it comes naturally, but for lesser mortals like myself it's lots of working and learning and re-trying.. it's kinda daunting! but if you find something you love in it, it seems less of a labor and more of a hobby. And if you love what you do, who cares how it turned out, as long as you had fun doing it~?
 Seraph.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2009-11-25 01:14:28  
A CHALLENGER APPROACHES.

Photorealistic depiction of what happened yesterday.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-25 01:16:34  
5-dollar words and a buncha-dollars drawing! (we really didn't get the NM, was quite sad. THE OPPOSITION BROUGHT BACKUP TARU BRIGADES)

:>
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-25 03:20:03  
Hades.Triet said:
Holy crap Halciform, those are incredible. Makes me think of Tim Burton, and Mr.Burton fuggin pwns. Think ima use that last pic as my desktop if ya don't mind.

Also I was wondering is there like a way to learn to draw. I was told it takes practice. . .but I mean what do you practice? <_<;

I don't mind. There is a bigger version on DeviantART that might lend better to wallpaper if you want it.

As for drawing.... its just something I find to be naturally very fun. I was self taught up until a few months ago (I'm in school now in a very extensively backbreaking program). drawing from life is the best way to learn, in all honesty. Just sketch people when you're out and about... try doing them as fast as you can (gesture drawings are really good for developing a sense of body and gesture)

Also thank you :)
 Sylph.Jetu
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-11-25 05:08:37  
Asura.Israfel said:
When I learn to draw (I'm still learning very much! XD) I focus on one thing at a time.
i just draw stick figures...and then stop there cause i like stick figures lol
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-25 05:11:35  
Unicorn.Halciform said:

(... yeaaaah, I meant this to look weird and gross. all of the colors of an eggplant)

What the ***?
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-25 06:17:56  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Unicorn.Halciform said:

What the ***?

I like pomegranates.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: AAAGH
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-11-25 06:27:34  
Really stunning works on the last two pages, well done! Keep posting!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-11-25 09:36:59  
Unicorn.Halciform said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Unicorn.Halciform said:

What the ***?

I like pomegranates.
Russell brand

Edit:
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-11-25 10:08:23  
Unicorn.Halciform said:
Made of seven different kinds of awesome, Hal. o.o
 Titan.Gennss
サーバ: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2009-11-25 11:40:58  
I'd love a sig or a pic of my character, from anyone cept the guy with the freaky art. Its incredible, and detailed, beautifully done but also strangely horrifying.

Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-25 13:12:17  
Titan.Gennss said:
I'd love a sig or a pic of my character, from anyone cept the guy with the freaky art. Its incredible, and detailed, beautifully done but also strangely horrifying.
Maybe I'm off-base or just interpreting wrong, but it still sounds kind of insulting even with the later compliments by singling out anyone but the person with "freaky" art. Not saying you have to like, but doesn't seem likely any artist's will appeal to your request with that tone. Sorry if I'm being a little rude; Hal's my good friend so I just nerd raged a little over reading. lol

Edit: BUKKOROSU IS DOWN? PANIC.
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-25 16:07:21  
Titan.Gennss said:

Lol just because i'm on the interweb with a male elvaan icon doesn't mean I'm a guy :P those self portraits I posted might have tipped off that I'm female.

Requesting art so bluntly is kind of rude, though. 'specially since this is a thread for showing and sharing. :\ but I can draw animu/game/whatever, the freaky art is just my personal artwork/school assignments ( http://pu-sama.deviantart.com/art/Transformations-134231351 ... okay so hal looks kind of freaky too, but that's why I love blue mages!)

Not that I'm saying I want to do a sig... too much school work for that XD
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-25 17:04:24  
Unicorn.Halciform said:
Lol just because i'm on the interweb with a male elvaan icon doesn't mean I'm a guy

To me that was exactly the case... up until now.

I was wondering..

Is this by any chance a relative of yours? And are you fascinated by this video?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 39 40 41