First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41
 Unicorn.Halciform
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-07-08 00:18:37  
Dryopae said:
Halciform said:

ahaha thank you, but I am a she! Which might explain why all of my XI drawings are of Tarutaru and male Elvaan (especially Luzaf, hoho) instead of mithra being sexy. I might finish Dancer pic, or do one of Corsair... I do have some XI pieces I have to do for a friend of his girls too :\ heh.

I also agree with you on sculpey, I still have every sculpey figure I've ever made, including the very first :\ the stuff is way way way too addicting. Your little Yag is adorable though, but i've always liked yagudo (finally got my yag hat after wanting one since I joined the game!)

^^; I'll never let that habit die, sorry! I'm sad you don't have a gallery or at least don't post more of your stuff up here it's stunning. Your Luzaf portrait made me want to throw my tablet away (meaning I quit cause you're awesome lol).
I've only been sculpting for about 7 months so I need alot of practice. I also recently got into making larger scale sculptures, which is even WORSE! I made a Hurdy from XII (or FFTA if you've played it) and that just started my wallet on a downward spiral.

Closest thing I have to a gallery is TegakiE and my Livejournal, but I don't exactly want to throw that out in a public forum lol I used to have a DA but I got so stressed out dealing with it that I just took everything down and abandoned it (it was going to be temporary leave but it was so nice not having to deal with it and focus on just posting casually that I got used to not having it... I did recently make a new account there, but now there's these weird groups and things haha. I haven't posted!)

Luzaf... I just love his design so I had to draw him. I thought about submitting him to the fan art contest but usually those things want art that can double as promotional art and, well, the anti-hero/villain isn't probably what they were looking for so I didn't send him in. Thank you though, but never abuse the tablet! those things are lovely and I am way too attached to mine... they did recently put out a new intuos though and I want it so bad, but tuition money gives me the evil eye when I even think about buying a new one ; ; School is too expensive. It also does not help that I am addicted to expensive markers.

You're very good for someone new at sculpting, but yeah the larger scale sculpts are annoying - they definitely need planning, armatures, sturdier clay! I checked your DA out too, def. very good for a beginner in sculpting! Hurdy is adorable.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2009-07-08 00:20:09  
I would seriously punch a baby for one of those Yagudos, cutest thing ever.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 00:21:27  
Dryopae said:
My porings make me long for the days of Ragnarok lol. Sculpey is a terrible thing, avoid it because it will suck you in and never let you go.

Also do you think if we pester Halciform enough she'll finish her AMAZING drawings? Cause I think it'll work. /poke Halciform Finish them!
I didn't even realize Sculpey was a thing. I thought it was just silliness/short-hand for the word sculpting. lol I saw Ragnarok came to the DS. D: Never got a chance to play it, so I'm a little excited!

I can only hope Halci will reconsider! Also needs a web host or a free gallery! lol Photobucket would probably kill the pictures by auto-resizing and shitting all over them. Deviantarts a gogo? Edit: Guess not. lol
 Titan.Dryopae
サーバ: Titan
user: Dryopae
By Titan.Dryopae 2009-07-08 00:26:45  
You should still enter it. I personally root more for anti-heroes anyway, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who agree with me. I understand what you mean about DA lol, I abandoned my account for about 2 years, but when I started sculpting I got sucked back in. I've met some awesome people and I'm hoping I can make a little bit of moolah to fund my addiction. My little Bamboo fun is pretty sturdy, plus I rarely use it anymore ._.

@Morbidthrasher Punching babies will only land you in jail, and if you're walking around with a tiny little bird well...use your imagination lol.

@Cai I thought the same thing too. But I was in a craft store one day and saw it was the actual name for the polymer clay XD Ragnarok is very dear to me because when my boyfriend lived across country we would play RO and talk on Skype.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 00:31:00  
Halciform said:
ahaha thank you, but I am a she! Which might explain why all of my XI drawings are of Tarutaru and male Elvaan (especially Luzaf, hoho)
The sad thing is I'm not a she and that's totally what I'd be drawing, too. lol I think pigtails tarus are my favorite, and don't see much of them in any artwork sadly. Might have to actually try and learn to draw for the sake of these interests. lol

Dryopae said:
You should still enter it. I personally root more for anti-heroes anyway, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who agree with me. I understand what you mean about DA lol, I abandoned my account for about 2 years, but when I started sculpting I got sucked back in. I've met some awesome people and I'm hoping I can make a little bit of moolah to fund my addiction. My little Bamboo fun is pretty sturdy, plus I rarely use it anymore ._.
I agree with the opinion on the art submission. /nod

Dryopae said:
@Cai I thought the same thing too. But I was in a craft store one day and saw it was the actual name for the polymer clay XD Ragnarok is very dear to me because when my boyfriend lived across country we would play RO and talk on Skype.
That's cool, I have a few pairs of friends in the same situation with FFXI. Can't imagine FF being a fond memory down the road when the recollection of all the hell Dyna put people through comes flooding back, despite the romance! :P
 Sylph.Megumii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-07-08 02:24:20  
/wave Dryopae :D

@_@ Halciform your art work is amazing! Your style is very unique and beautiful! <3
 Sylph.Jetu
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-07-08 02:40:18  
my artwork isnt as good as all these ppl, but i have fun doing it
my works of "art"
 Fenrir.Asri
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Asri
By Fenrir.Asri 2009-07-08 03:04:19  
Hey, I recognize a lot of you from deviantart :D Sup guys?

Naja and friends...

Gobbie got yer gilz

My gallery on dA

Off to bed now, keep up the good work, everyone ^o^
 Remora.Bossmaru
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Bossmaru 2009-07-08 03:11:45  
Here's some of my FFXI fanart, and what isn't featured here (or just the larger versions of what are) can be found over at My DeviantART

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

Apologies for long post.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-08 10:33:28  
I'm posting here cause Caiyuo told me too :O Though Im a bit self conscious about my ff11 works, Im used to drawing "realistic" animals, not so much people but sometimes I wish I was exceedingly better and well rounded and I want to do fanart too.

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image

and a taru
User submitted image

My Deviantart is over here. I've not been uploading much recently. Not been able to find the time to sit down and draw for 8 hours straight like I used to. I just usually make doodles and not post them anywhere 8(
[+]
 Fairy.Mykoto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-07-08 10:38:35  
Caiyuo said:
@Mykoto: I don't remember the Gimme cat from FF9, but it's cute anyway. lol

Ahh hehe, they were up on the mountain near that library I can't think of the name of... Daguerillo was it? Something to that effect... anyway they weren't actually one of the friendly monsters, they'd just appear in a random battle and ask for diamonds like the friendly monsters would, only if you gave them the only diamond you'd get in the game, they'd just run off and screw you over lol.

Anyway, looking at everyone else's works really sorta puts mine to shame :o Like I said though, those three pieces I submitted really don't show off my skills to-date. My gallery If anyone is interested. Mind the people drawings, I'm getting better <.>

Daus: I love the one with Lillith and Cait Sith, and the one with the smn, carby in Caedarva Mire is priceless lol x3
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 11:02:49  
Mykoto said:
<.>

Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-07-08 11:04:07  
Daus,

Your work is awesome! The Summoner/Carby/Imp one in particular is fantastic.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 11:18:39  
Jetu said:
my artwork isnt as good as all these ppl, but i have fun doing it
my works of "art"
Cute stuff. I think "Everything will be ok" is mighty cute. :3

Asri said:
Hey, I recognize a lot of you from deviantart :D Sup guys?

Naja and friends...

Off to bed now, keep up the good work, everyone ^o^
:O Awesome picture! All 3 of them have great expressions, and it's just a really great piece altogether. I like the added touches with Naja's crown and Abqubah's stack of papers. lol Trion is not amused. :p

Mykoto said:
Ahh hehe, they were up on the mountain near that library I can't think of the name of... Daguerillo was it? Something to that effect... anyway they weren't actually one of the friendly monsters, they'd just appear in a random battle and ask for diamonds like the friendly monsters would, only if you gave them the only diamond you'd get in the game, they'd just run off and screw you over lol.

Anyway, looking at everyone else's works really sorta puts mine to shame :o Like I said though, those three pieces I submitted really don't show off my skills to-date. My gallery If anyone is interested. Mind the people drawings, I'm getting better <.>
I feel like the only thing I even remember from FF9 was Stiltzkin. lol Been tooooo long.

Very cool gallery, Mykoto. I liked the Vulpix shots and the friggin baby fox picture you took. lol I live in FL as well so the sunsets are pretty familiar. Also, not sure if you've heard of it, but Dryopae and Halciform were talking about some special sculpting clay called Sculpey that seems pretty snazzy. Your Nemiyoko was pretty cool, so maybe that'd be something to look into?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 11:24:41  
@Boss: Lots of cute stuff. I love the persona you give to galkas, no one gives them any love. lol

Daus said:
I'm posting here cause Caiyuo told me too :O Though Im a bit self conscious about my ff11 works, Im used to drawing "realistic" animals, not so much people but sometimes I wish I was exceedingly better and well rounded and I want to do fanart too.

My Deviantart is over here. I've not been uploading much recently. Not been able to find the time to sit down and draw for 8 hours straight like I used to. I just usually make doodles and not post them anywhere 8(
You bet I did. lol I know it can't be helped probably, but I see no reason at all to be self-conscious; this stuff is great. :3 The BRD+RDM is awesome, especially the RDM's face. haha
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 11:46:37  
Daus said:
User submitted image

This picture is awesome! Love it!! ^^
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-08 11:49:58  
Wow.... *Wishes he had any talent for art.* Very nice artistic talents, everyone! :D
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-07-08 12:01:26  
gawd, im so jealous of everyones artistic talent, i hate u all!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 12:04:09  
Jax said:
Post those sweet metallic arm tats, Jax. Your avatar isn't fooling anyone. lol ;p
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-07-08 12:05:30  
Caiyuo said:
Jax said:
Post those sweet metallic arm tats, Jax. Your avatar isn't fooling anyone. lol ;p

{Double Punch}{Kick Attacks} t(`A't)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 12:09:11  
haha, running away now!
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 12:17:13  
{Perfect Dodge}{Please check it.}
 Unicorn.Halciform
サーバ: Unicorn
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-07-08 14:33:28  
Daus said:

User submitted image

I absolutely love this one! The composition, colors, the style, the paint style... it's all amazing! and I know how you feel, I haven't been able to do a finished piece for myself in so long now. It's very very frustrating, then what I do new I never scan/post. I think we both need time control :\

still, absolutely love your style. The lili one is my favorite though, but the perspective on the first Mithra is also very fun!
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-08 14:37:49  
/jealous

Thanks for ruining all my hopes and dreams. xD
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-08 14:42:53  
Your art is very good, Celene. =)
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-08 15:02:20  
It's only mediocre compared to some people's. xD Passionate about it, but trying to face reality not going to get anywhere with it. >.>
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-08 15:30:00  
Thanks guys, Im hoping more people post because its fun to see other styles that arent like altana viewer copies.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 17:54:02  
Me too. Would've loved to see lovelydagger/daggy and Petisu/AAGH here from DA, but not even sure if they're still active with FFXI, much less using these forums. :| Two of my favorites.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-08 17:59:05  
Pretty sure AAGH is. I see her work on DA all the time, so I will assume she is still active. Or, maybe she just likes to draw FFXI. >.>;

And if you click this lovely link here, LD did something for some people I know.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-07-08 18:12:06  
Caiyuo said:
Mykoto said:

I feel like the only thing I even remember from FF9 was Stiltzkin. lol Been tooooo long.

Very cool gallery, Mykoto. I liked the Vulpix shots and the friggin baby fox picture you took. lol I live in FL as well so the sunsets are pretty familiar. Also, not sure if you've heard of it, but Dryopae and Halciform were talking about some special sculpting clay called Sculpey that seems pretty snazzy. Your Nemiyoko was pretty cool, so maybe that'd be something to look into?

Hehe thanks! ^^; That sculpey does sound pretty cool though, if I had more money I'd definitely look into it, I'd love to do more work with sculpting and stuffs ^^ Unfortunately I'm on quite a tight budget right now ._.

Ahh I love LD's work, I have her on watch, and that particular piece has been faved to my collection since she submitted it hehe. It sounds like from her comments on her newer XI pieces that she recently got back into the game so idk...
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41