Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 188 189 190
By Pantafernando 2021-09-04 11:25:18  
I dont think the problem is overlooking but the trade off between SID, crit hit or enmity+.

I do think the later two options are more benefitial in a long run
By Nariont 2021-09-04 11:55:14  
with the large pools of enmity+ we have available im not sure that's worth the pt investment, -enmity is the same deal to the point most jobs can cap it, though some have it easier than others in terms of efficiency, crit rate for players always useful in a physical sense, while -crit on monster is virtually useless
By Vaerix 2021-09-18 06:25:04  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
My mistake as well. My bad.

Just checked with my full set on. Vivacious with triple Tenebrae runes returned 220 MP in both cases with Epeolatry & Morgelai on.

Not sure how I got that mixed up. So double confirmation Morgelai doesn't increase MP gain on Tenebrae runes.

Submitted bug report last month on morgelai functioning with Tenebrae Runes, it was just moved to accepted bugs and hopefully we'll get heads or tails in the next couple months whether functioning as intended or if it's a bug they need to fix.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-09-18 11:27:48  
They should really just have the MP recovery on tenebrae pulse added to the log message. -_-;
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-20 01:50:31  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
101% SIRD (1 below cap unfortunately, but I almost never get interrupted still)
Sorry but this doesn't mean anything. Hope I don't sound rude but the point of a SIRD build is to have guaranteed interrupt prevention.

It's not "necessary", but if you want to rely on it, it has to be a guaranteed rate honestly, no point goin for it otherwise if you ask me.

With that said Pantfernando gave multiple good suggestions too. Agwu in particular, don't overlook it.
I can also add an alternative option for the neck slot: Loricate Torque +1.
Augmented it gives DEF+45 and Spell interruption rate down 5%.
If the low value of SIRD is enough to still reach the cap, it's quite handy because of the DT and Def+60.
For me it's also an inventory saver, since I have Loricate+1 regardless for other jobs DT sets whereas Moonlight is a piece I can skip to gain an inv space for a perfectly acceptable 5 enmity loss.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-09-20 07:58:43  
In a 2 hour Dynamis run a couple days ago, I got interrupted exactly once. Before then, I don't even remember the last time an interruption occurred. It's honestly so rare, I often forget I'm <1% from SIRD cap. If you think an interruption rate like that is "pointless", then I guess we have different opinions on what is and isn't "pointless".
Also, the suggestions earlier would kill off 308 HP and 46 Def in exchange for 7% PDT, so I mostly ignored it as I'm trying to maintain 3k+ HP in my SIRD set (Edit: Honestly glossed over the Regal Gauntlets suggestion, but I'd still be losing 178 HP in total, plus it'd be knocking me down to 99% SIRD, which I'm surprised you approved of if 101% is pointless). I also already mentioned how I was aware my SIRD set could be improved if I had SIRD merits which gave me a chuckle when suggested to make sure to not overlook SIRD merits.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-09-20 11:11:17  
What gives me a chuckle is people who cast anything other than aquaveil in SIRD sets on a job that has that and a ton of parry.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-20 11:24:24  
Sometimes Aquaveil is down?
Easy to use SIRD if Aquaveil is down and then not when its up.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-09-20 11:35:56  
Covered that
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-09-20 11:56:43  
Chuckle away then but I don't see the point in not using SIRD for stuff like crusade, cocoon, healing breeze, etc. I always keep one AoE spell in SIRD as well just to not be slow on the tags. Sure, you can get by without it and just cast aquaveil more, but why?
By Crossbones 2021-09-20 12:03:51  
I use sird for aqua, stoneskin, and poisonga. That's it. Can toss it in for cocoon maybe but not super needed. Getting hit for 0 is how I don't get interrupted. Keeping stoneskin up and phalanx with high defense is plenty enough for that. Every once in a while I might engage to parry stuff but even that's more niche (most of the time I tank disengaged if I'm not doing dps). Everyone plays different but personally I think sird is overrated and not necessary for most spells / situations.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-09-20 12:07:35  
Asura.Trumpet said: »
Chuckle away then but I don't see the point in not using SIRD for stuff like crusade, cocoon, healing breeze, etc.

Do you guys not engage or what? Do you not pay attention to opportunities to refresh buffs? I'm genuinely curious.

My aquaveils go their entire duration in dyna clears without being knocked off by interrupts.

Asura.Trumpet said: »
Sure, you can get by without it and just cast aquaveil more, but why?

Let's just use sets we don't really need so we don't have to use the tools the job is given. May as well not use any JAs or spells defensively while you're at it, someone's going to heal you anyway right?
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-09-20 12:39:37  
Part of my view is informed by playing the job without Epeo or fancy gear in general for a good while, so "just take 0 damage" was not a feasible option.

The other part is I just plan for worst case scenarios in general. I prefer having SIRD built in for when I get dispelled or cocoon's short timer starts falling off as a big link happens etc. "All enemies are already tagged and nicely in front of me to be parried" isn't a situation I need to plan much for cause I'm winning that fight anyway.

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Let's just use sets we don't really need so we don't have to use the tools the job is given. May as well not use any JAs or spells defensively while you're at it, someone's going to heal you anyway right?
SIRD is one of the tools of the job!
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-09-20 12:45:06  
It's all good, there's nothing wrong with using it if you want to or find a use case for it. Skipping SIRD on RUN is heavily gear/setup driven and having top-echelon gear makes it easier and easier to skip it.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-09-20 14:59:01  
There's nothing wrong with having the gear available, but it's definitely overused on RUN. If you're running an uncapped set and having little issue, one of the first questions you should be asking yourself is if you need to be using it in the first place.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-20 17:15:42  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
In a 2 hour Dynamis run a couple days ago, I got interrupted exactly once.
Yes I can achieve that myself on RUN without using an SIRD set, more often than not.
It's all a matter of having capped FC and picking the sweet time to cast your spell.
On RUN you also get the luxury of Aquaveil, which you can refresh in between pulls.

So again, your point?
Really, I don't wanna sound aggressive, but to me there's really no point in going for a SIRD build unless you go for a capped one.

(personally I use SIRD only for Aquaveil, Sheep Song, Geist Wall and Poisonga, that's it)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2021-11-15 16:21:20  
Does anyone with master level 5+ have any experience using frightful roar from BLU sub? My friend said the RUN during his Odyssey segment farm was using frightful roar (full rotation was geist wall > foil > frightful roar).

The volatile enmity is ok, but the cumulative is very bad, so I'm wondering if the point was really the defense down (i.e. will def down actually land from sub)?

Thank you
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-15 16:30:18  
It might be possible to land with enough macc gear, on trash mobs, or wind-weak mobs. You can sometimes sleep stuff with soporific, even /blu as an example. Just, not very reliably.

And as an enmity spell, it looks pretty bad. Virtually no CE. standard 320 VE. The only notable thing is how it has an incredibly short recast for a BLU spell. 20 seconds base. So you can spam the hell outta it, but with no CE, you aren't accumulating much doing it.

If they are actually landing the def-, then I can see some use as the melee zerg everything down. I dunno that I'd spam it though. be more like cast once, then move to better enmity spells.

Might try setting it next C run just to see if and where I can land it in Macc gear.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-15 16:41:47  
Might be there because of Auto Refresh, and its an extra AoE spell if the others are on CD *shurgs*

I don't see it being used for Defense down
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-15 17:00:49  
It can be hard to land on some things even as a BLU main so dont get your hopes up
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-15 18:41:15  
In Seg farm, I was able to land Frightful Roar on everything as BLU except on Wind resistant monsters (Colibri etc), including the C4 Halo Beastmen.
By Vaerix 2021-11-19 00:41:38  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
In Seg farm, I was able to land Frightful Roar on everything as BLU except on Wind resistant monsters (Colibri etc), including the C4 Halo Beastmen.

I was able to land Roar on like 4-5 mobs as 99/51 run/blu, felt nice.

Edit: over an entire c farm run... Sorry forgot to mention that #humblebrag
 Asura.Bulbafett
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2021-11-22 12:44:43  
Hey guys, a lot of pages to sort through so I apologize if this has been recently answered.

I am looking to come back to the job after a 5+ years break and see what appear to be older gear sets on the main page and a gear swap that hasn't been updated since 2016.

Are there updated (2021 omen inclusive) gears swaps or gear sets that I can start modeling my gear around?
By kasnuaku 2021-11-22 13:04:09  
its on page 175 dude
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-22 20:06:10  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What is your macc set for it?

I throw this together the other day, but have not gotten to test it yet.
Code
	sets.midcast['Frightful Roar'] =  {
    ammo="Yamarang",
    head="Carmine Mask +1",
    neck="Erra Pendant",
    ear1="Digni. Earring",
    ear2="Crepuscular Earring",
    body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
    hands="Agwu's Gages",
    ring1="Metamor. Ring +1",
    ring2="Stikini ring +1",
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
    waist="Luminary Sash",
    legs="Agwu's Slops",
    feet="Agwu's Pigaches"
}
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-22 20:09:15  
I understood the comment as he was getting it to land as main BLU, not casting it from a sub.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-22 20:43:34  
Oh duh rereading that now that is what it says ; ;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-13 16:39:57  
So I was toying with the idea of an EVA idle set on RUN that capes DT and gets as much Eva as possible.
I managed to get ~1200 Eva before food and before buffs.
In a scenario where I won't be getting evasion specific buffs (like Mambo) would ~1200 be good for anything?

Would it be good in Sheol C?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-13 16:43:15  
Asura.Sechs said: »
So I was toying with the idea of an EVA idle set on RUN that capes DT and gets as much Eva as possible.
I managed to get ~1200 Eva before food and before buffs.
In a scenario where I won't be getting evasion specific buffs (like Mambo) would ~1200 be good for anything?

Would it be good in Sheol C?

Not really, we've done exactly this with our Sheol-C group, here's what the RUN was wearing pre-buff using Salt Ramen for food.

ItemSet 380231

Even with only 1 Mambo he was only evading about half the hits, still made it quite difficult to keep him up on really large pulls and halos. With 2 Mambo's it gave him just enough EVA where Regen V from a SCH kept him healthy for the most part, and really only had to heal him on halo pulls.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-13 17:11:11  
Assuming your friend has AGI+20/Eva+30/DT-5 on his cape, then I have roughly ~50 more Evasion than him, prebuff.
Not sure it would make a big difference and I don't see the bard keeping 2 Marches, 1 Mad and 2 Mambos on me.
Possible but unlikely to happen, which is why I was talking about a mambo-less scenario.

Eeeh... Starting at ~1200Eva I would get to ~1260 Eva with Salt Ramen, and I guess that's still nowhere enough to enable me to make larger pulls than I already am.
Two mambos would give me ~238 more Eva (including the higher amount from Salt Ramen) for a total of close to 1500 Eva. Whoa...
Now I can believe it would be really good for that but, again, I don't see Mambos happening.
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 188 189 190