Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-29 02:11:06  
There's also Regal Gloves (obvs!) and Rawhide hands, which can be augmented with HP+50.
They're a cheap alternative with +15% SIR if you don't wanna lose time with random augs etc.

There's also Magnetic Earring and Evanescence Ring.
Karasutengu are nice but it's a non ilevel piece. Considering we're talking about a midcast piece while tanking I'm not sure I support using that.

I think that's the major problem I see with SIR builds on RUN, which are awesome but not really viable, from a safety point of view, unless you have Epeolatry.
Without the huge amount of PDT granted by Epeolatry you're left with very little DT during the midcast phase.

At best you're at 23% DT + 10% PDT (33% total) considering grip. Well and 5% from Aettir for a grand total of ~38%.
It's not too bad I guess, but it's not too great either.
Not capping MDT probably not a big issue for a RUN given the huge amounts of Meva/MDB (granted that with all that gear you're taking a hit, unless you augment Snow slot with Meva) but PDT hmmm dangerous.

Another issue I see with SIR builds with current gear is the HP difference from Idle > Precast > SIR midcast.
Personally Atm I've set my Idle > Precast > Midcast gear in a way that the HP difference is small (less than 100 iir?).
With a SIR set like that though you're gonna lose tons more of HP, that's annoying as well, sadly.
Can recover some chunk of HP with an HP aug on Cape, HP aug on Carmine+1 and HP aug on Rawhide Hands.

Wish there were more high level SIR options with good stats/DT :'(
By Pantafernando 2018-11-29 02:31:28  
Here is a sugestion. I myself is short few pieces but i think its a good balance between SIR and defense.

ItemSet 363357

If i didnt mistake any number should be 104 without cape and merits.

Personally i just use this set for diaga pull for cleaving. During actual fight, unless supertanking a lot of mobs, its better just to have a good fast cast set and well timed casting.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-29 02:37:22  
If you don't have Epeolatry, then using Parashu is probably your best option. It lets you maintain 50% PDT pretty comfortably.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-29 02:44:53  
Siren.Kyte said: »
If you don't have Epeolatry, then using Parashu is probably your best option. It lets you maintain 50% PDT pretty comfortably.
You mean swapping weapon midcast?
Unless you're in a lowmen pt where using Hybrid Builds are a viable way for the RUN to provide a somewhat noticeable contribution to DPS, I agree that the RUN shouldn't bother.
Multiple times you're better off not WSing at all because you could be ruining SCs from DDs.

I guess there are situations where you tank with Lionheart but those situations, tipically, aren't particularly dangerous so even if you end up with a uncapped DT while midcast, it shouldn't be too much of a danger, right?

I never considered using Parashu but I think there is a lot of merit into this suggestions. Thanks for sharing Kyte!

Edit:
What's the required amount of SIR necessary to reach the real cap ? I seem to recall it's 110% but does this number include merits, or is it actually 110+10 from merits?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-29 02:51:49  
102% will cap you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-12-01 12:41:54  
Has anyone tried to test what the Futhark Gloves aug does for sleight of sword? I doubt it'd be worth dropping other better merit categories though
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-12-01 13:37:41  
According to Ruaumoko, it's +2 Subtle Blow per merit. He said he'd publish his tests at some point, but I guess he hasn't got around to it.
By Shiraj 2018-12-02 15:52:25  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19gLT4UUn7k
Video demonstration of what Rune can do, Rune soloing Pakecet with trusts. I will be uploading a 4-5 man Kirin and WoC kill of Soloing DD and tanking in the future.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-02 20:09:59  
Cleaning up my bags, is there still a use for this:

warder's charm +1

or has it been outclassed entirely (on the resistance side) by Moonlight?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-02 20:32:11  
Good placeholder to Unmoving Collar, or Moonlight/beam Necklace. If you just want to get rid of it, you won't be losing much for tossing it. Absorb is unreliable in my humble opinion.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-02 21:30:33  
Asura.Elizabet said: »

warder's charm +1

It's fully replaced by JSE neck. Until then it has at least niche usage either for enmity of the resistances. AFAIK resistance for an element is just a specific type of magic evasion, but that means magic evasion is the clear superior stat.
By Shiraj 2018-12-03 18:57:29  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7JJjUTsoc&t=1s

Rune soloing Seiryu, probably one of the hardest fights i done yet. 3/4 Gods soloed in Escha Ru'aun!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-12-04 18:25:17  
Asura.Elizabet said: »

warder's charm +1

Warder's charm still works in absorb sets, still has decent amount of elemental resist with occ absorb when you're lucky. Otherwise Furthark (even nq) is going to be your best meva/resist piece. However Moonlight Necklace is still best in terms on enmity.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-12-05 22:53:55  
Runeist's Coat +3 or Volte Jupon for my charm resist set? Based on what I remember reading, I want the JSE +3. Additionally, I think the HP is a big reason to give it the nod as well. Just thought I'd double check!
 Bismarck.Virdent
サーバ: Bismarck
user: virdent
By Bismarck.Virdent 2018-12-05 22:57:13  
so I recently came back and had to start over from scratch. Well to put it simply I feel completely overwhelmed by looking at the guides and not really knowing where to start tbh. would anyone be able to give me some advice on what I should be using to start off. it's my first real tank job on 11.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-12-05 23:14:22  
Asura.Warusha said: »
Runeist's Coat +3 or Volte Jupon for my charm resist set? Based on what I remember reading, I want the JSE +3. Additionally, I think the HP is a big reason to give it the nod as well. Just thought I'd double check!

Because it's Rune, and i'm assuming the rest of your set isn't complete ***I would go with Jupon even with status resist halved on NMs.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-12-05 23:18:18  
Bismarck.Virdent said: »
so I recently came back and had to start over from scratch. Well to put it simply I feel completely overwhelmed by looking at the guides and not really knowing where to start tbh. would anyone be able to give me some advice on what I should be using to start off. it's my first real tank job on 11.

Assuming you don't have much for job points and some things easier to obtain I would do omen for cards, af +2/3 is too good to pass up. Herculean head/hands with dt-3/4 on them for tanking sets to fill in missing gaps to reach cap as well as various pieces of af/relic/empy.
 Bismarck.Virdent
サーバ: Bismarck
user: virdent
By Bismarck.Virdent 2018-12-05 23:23:27  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Assuming you don't have much for job points and some things easier to obtain I would do omen for cards, af +2/3 is too good to pass up. Herculean head/hands with dt-3/4 on them for tanking sets to fill in missing gaps to reach cap as well as various pieces of af/relic/empy.
yeah i dont have anything atm, im still at the level 90 cap and working on xp at the very moment, getting my xp atm. i just dont know where to start once i get to 99.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-06 00:23:46  
Make sure you do your records of eminence. At 99 you can pick up ilvl spark gear. Then once you aren't wet noodle level in adoulin stuff, make sure you work on your coalitions. It doesn't take much time per day, but you absolutely will be glad you started early. Work on the adoulin quest / mission too. And on getting your AF, Relic and Empy equivalent sets. From there, you'll be able to start getting some merit points to do htrb for remote tales to update your At/relic to ilvl 119. By then, you probably will have a better idea about where and what next.

Enjoy the journey, RUN is awesome.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-12-06 03:30:12  

Because it's Rune, and i'm assuming the rest of your set isn't complete ***I would go with Jupon even with status resist halved on NMs.
Hmmm. I think I would have to disagree. I think for any job but RUN Jupon would be better for this. But Run AF body is kinda ridiculous.

We're basically looking at 31 meva vs 10% resist+

Going over the numbers here...
AF: 94 meva + 39 all ele resistance = 133
Jupon: 102 meva

133-102= 31 meva difference.

31 meva should be 15.5% resist rate, IF you're below 50% resist rate. other wise it's straight up the full 31 as %.

Whereas Jupon has the +20 resist all, nerfed to 10% on NMs.

So 15.5~31% vs 10%. Oh, and AF has +10 more CHR. although I honestly don't know exactly how that factors into charm.

Basically, the only time Jupon should be better than AF for resisting status effects is when your current resist rate is within 10% of the floor. Which should basically be never on RUN.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-12-06 12:39:36  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Hmmm. I think I would have to disagree. I think for any job but RUN Jupon would be better for this. But Run AF body is kinda ridiculous.

We're basically looking at 31 meva vs 10% resist+

Going over the numbers here...
AF: 94 meva + 39 all ele resistance = 133
Jupon: 102 meva

133-102= 31 meva difference.

31 meva should be 15.5% resist rate, IF you're below 50% resist rate. other wise it's straight up the full 31 as %.

Whereas Jupon has the +20 resist all, nerfed to 10% on NMs.

So 15.5~31% vs 10%. Oh, and AF has +10 more CHR. although I honestly don't know exactly how that factors into charm.

Basically, the only time Jupon should be better than AF for resisting status effects is when your current resist rate is within 10% of the floor. Which should basically be never on RUN.
Thanks for the help, bud!
By Shiraj 2018-12-08 22:32:17  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2D61vBlTdQ&t=19s

Took me a long *** time to capture on camera, Rune solo Golden Kist. I won no problem without recording, but every time i recorded i got real unlucky...
[+]
By Schah 2018-12-14 22:20:18  
Hey guys,

Just picked up rune and im trying to get some sets together. Specifically a tanking set/enmity set to get started. I was wondering if the enmity set in the guide is still up to date, if not can anyone help me out with an up to date set? it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2018-12-14 22:26:08  
sets.enmity = {
ammo="Sapience Orb",
head="Halitus Helm",
body="Emet Harness +1",
hands="Kurys Gloves",
legs="Eri. Leg Guards +1",
feet="Ahosi Leggings",
neck="Futhark Torque +2",
waist="Trance Belt",
left_ear="Genmei Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Moonbeam Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

I use this set myself as it near enough caps pdt/DT to reduce chance of dying midcast, i lose about 150-200 hp going from tank set to enmity set as well.
[+]
By Schah 2018-12-14 23:44:42  
Shiraj,

Thanks a ton. I really appreciate the response.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2018-12-15 04:32:47  
Are there any solo vids anyone would find interesting to watch?

I have been trying to record another Neak solo, but I'm starting to think my only Neak solo was pure luck based as I can't kill him again in over 20 tries.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-20 06:58:46  
Hey all, so I've been pretty bored as of late and started fiddling around and tweaking my gear and it occurred to me that I didn't have an Epeolatry AM up set and honestly hadn't given it much thought.

Perhaps it's a silly idea post-Lionheart, but I got to thinking:
"Is there a way to possibly hybridize an Epeolatry AM up set?" So I started throwing together a few pieces under itemsets since I didn't see anything on the first page and don't recall it coming up in the main thread.

ItemSet 363907

Tell me what you think. Using these few pieces as a bare bones skeleton, is it a feasible idea?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2018-12-20 09:09:25  
Not a fan of using Meg. Legs +2 in any of my tp/hybrid sets simply bc they have 0 meva. The ayanmo pieces already lack quite a bit of meva compared to the alternatives, having 0 on the legs is really noticeable when you're tanking anything relevant. As for your AM3 set, I'm not really sure what you're going for? AFAIK, the AM3 from mythics/ergons give the equivalent to ~20% TA. The set you posted looks like a normal hybrid set.

Edit: I'm dumb
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 188 189 190