Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 188 189 190
By Taint 2018-04-04 16:44:52  
Just to compare Ron kings set which everyone seems to like.

My set has +236hp, -23 meva, +39 resist all elements, +10 resist All status elements, -2 inquarta, -1 PDT, +77 acc.

And no i don’t use one set :p

It all boils down to TP feed.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-04 16:58:26  
Taint said: »

My set has +236hp, -23 meva, +39 resist all elements, +10 resist All status elements, -2 inquarta, -1 PDT, +77 acc.

Ron kings set? If i'm who you're referring to, I am slapping DT-5 on cape and swapping Engraved for Flume +1. Which set also has more standing enmity, which i personally like. My set is built that way for those ***moments that Shell is wiped, or I get gearlocked and cant swap into a meva/resist set though or if i just get lazy because i'm 3boxing.
By Boshi 2018-04-04 17:14:40  

also the enmity on the legs,
but

is no1 gonna point out how you only have 39pdt? (pre new aug)

and really the only swaps here are body and legs, which are independent of each other because you'e not using the body to make up the 2pdt lost from legs.
(which makes me wonder are you just using the body to get the setbonus 15acc?)

Any possible set where these win out as being bette for having acc,
you might as well have a full out hybrid DD set, in which this set as a whole would do a terrible job.
(I could see flipping the legs for a specific mob to avoid a specific debuff, but that's about all.)

At this rate all this does is feed more TP. If you care about dps you might as well go all out and flip to meghanda+2
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-04 17:24:09  
Honestly, I like Taint's set better. I run the legs for the status resistance and the body for the refresh/m.eva. I'd just rather it didn't have accuracy on it at all and think the focus on meleeing is misguided.
By Taint 2018-04-04 18:56:24  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Ron kings set? If i'm who you're referring to, I am slapping DT-5 on cape and swapping Engraved for Flume +1. Which set also has more standing enmity, which i personally like. My set is built that way for those ***moments that Shell is wiped, or I get gearlocked and cant swap into a meva/resist set though or if i just get lazy because i'm 3boxing.

Sorry about the Ron part, zero idea how that happened, but I'll blame apple's terrible auto-correct.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-04 19:01:07  
So I know people are frothing over the tank cape getting 5% parry, but what do you guys think for a DD/hybrid cape? I'm thinking I'll just add PDT10 on it as when I'm doing RUN/DRK Omen runs I'm usually far from PDT cap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-04-04 19:40:57  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So I know people are frothing over the tank cape getting 5% parry, but what do you guys think for a DD/hybrid cape? I'm thinking I'll just add PDT10 on it as when I'm doing RUN/DRK Omen runs I'm usually far from PDT cap.
I had the exact same thoughts, I already made a pdt10 TP cape for hybrid and was more excited for that then tank cape. It opened up ring slot while still keeping very close to 50%.
Currently running with:

After I finish a few more Rng relic pieces will make the RUN head to use over Meg. Still can't decide what to put on my turtle capes, torn between meva, DT, and parry. What are others choosing?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 01:28:44  
Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I had the exact same thoughts, I already made a pdt10 TP cape for hybrid and was more excited for that then tank cape. It opened up ring slot while still keeping very close to 50%.
Currently running with:

After I finish a few more Rng relic pieces will make the RUN head to use over Meg. Still can't decide what to put on my turtle capes, torn between meva, DT, and parry. What are others choosing?

I'm probably going with DT-5 for turtle/pdt set:
ItemSet 355625

However you could do PDT and swap out Genmei for Odnowa for more HP. Really comes down to which body you use
By Taint 2018-04-05 06:38:44  
Based on your goals of shell down, gear locked, why not use fulthark coat +3 and refined grip?

12 DT vs 7dt 5pdt

You also pick up 3mdt 3int 3mnd at the loss of 8meva.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-05 07:45:22  
Doesn't RUN have access to Shell V though? Why on earth would that be considered "down"...
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 08:24:27  
Based on your goals of shell down, gear locked, why not use fulthark coat +3 and refined grip?

12 DT vs 7dt 5pdt

You also pick up 3mdt 3int 3mnd at the loss of 8meva.

Honestly it's mostly HP loss, I'm still not entirely sold on DT- aug but at first glance that's what I'm going with. I'll look at it in depth once i have the mats and I'm able to piece piece things together on paper.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Doesn't RUN have access to Shell V though? Why on earth would that be considered "down"...

Fu, i don't bother putting all buffs back up because they get absorbed a minute later.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-05 08:43:01  
Asura.Saevel said: »
True dat.
Altough I guess there are situations where it's not just a matter of being lazy.
Fights where the monster absorbs/copies your buffs and your party/alliance is dealing magic damage for instance.
In those fights you'd probably want to keep Shell down on purpose and you'd be more susceptible to incoming magic damage?

Uh... pretty niche situation though, I'll grant you that. In normal situations I think you raised a valid point.

Anyway if someone has abdjalis needles to spend and wants to test some Parrying+5 Aug, that might be interesting to find out if it really is Inquartata as it seems or something else.
If RUN can cap 50% PDT/DT in all slots but cape, wouldn't Inquartata+5 be greatly superior, at least for fights where you're engaged and facing the enemies?

I'd be more for putting DT-5 in your precast cape and the WS ones if you ever use WSs on whatever you tank.
Granted that being hit in the nanosecond you precast or WS is very unlikely but ***can happen and -5% DT for those rare situations could be nice.
Again pretty niche situation, but being RUN a Tank, mostly, I guess it makes sense to give priority for its capes over other jobs maybe.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-05 09:02:32  
Parry Rate +5% is pretty damn clear, and I don't see a need to test it. Even SE has their limits with equipment stats being misleading.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-05 09:05:03  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Parry Rate +5% is pretty damn clear, and I don't see a need to test it. Even SE has their limits with equipment stats being misleading.
On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand would it be really surprising for SE to do it once again? xD
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-05 09:22:18  
A RUN without buffs is a sitting duck, the job tanks in layers and is only vulnerable when all those layers have been stripped away. PLD's are the jobs that can just sit there with minimal buffs and still be a brick wall.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 10:07:23  
If parry, what kind of pdt sets are people using? I'm open to all views here and have yet to augment any capes with new stats. Can only make sets better with new augs
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-05 10:16:25  
Hi all,
it's been a while and XI was on my mind. So I figured I'd drop in to say what's up. Was thinking about resubbing next month, it's been over a year since I was last on and was curious what the current state of RUN tanking is like.

Looked up my gearset from when I unsubbed. IIRC head and feet were DT-2% and back was DT-5%.
ItemSet 340309
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 10:20:39  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Hi all,
it's been a while and XI was on my mind. So I figured I'd drop in to say what's up. Was thinking about resubbing next month, it's been over a year since I was last on and was curious what the current state of RUN tanking is like.

Looked up my gearset from when I unsubbed. IIRC head and feet were DT-2% and back was DT-5%.
ItemSet 340309

Whole lot of options at the momement, and last page or so has been current discussion on PDT set. Meva/resist sets i would think are the same across the board though
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 10:34:19  
Just playing with numbers while in class, this could possibly be a viable pdt set (73pdt/23 mdt assuming pdt-10 cape). Or swap out ashera/moonlight neck for af+3/loricate +1. Neither set caps dt, but not far off. The high HP ceiling is nice, however most precast/enm sets are well below that and you'll constantly be bouncing your HP. I think my precast set is around ~2700 off the top of my head.

ItemSet 357857
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-05 10:40:25  
Thanks for the response. Was checking the last couple pages, the conversation appears lively as ever lol. Unfortunately, I got confused as I've forgotten a lot over the last year. I'll see if I can brush up on a few terms and stats in the mean time.
By Taint 2018-04-05 10:48:53  
Parry5 back, this would be a solid Turtle set.

ItemSet 357828
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 10:54:34  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Thanks for the response. Was checking the last couple pages, the conversation appears lively as ever lol. Unfortunately, I got confused as I've forgotten a lot over the last year. I'll see if I can brush up on a few terms and stats in the mean time.

Lively, but pretty peaceful. I think we all have rather similar views here.

Parry5 back, this would be a solid Turtle set.

ItemSet 357828

With this set do you just turtle up and afk? Or how do you prevent/mitigate the HP yoyo when swapping between precast/enmity sets?
By Squabble 2018-04-05 17:01:56  
What are your guys' thoughts on Counter+10 on the cape along with Cryptic and Genmei earrings for a total of Counter+14? If counter comes before parry, wouldn't 14% Counter be ideal in a physical tank set?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-05 17:51:43  
Parry comes before Counter. Plus, you can't counter if you miss, and I have sub-par accuracy when tanking stuff a decent amount of the time.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-04-05 19:56:13  
Parry comes before Counter. Plus, you can't counter if you miss, and I have sub-par accuracy when tanking stuff a decent amount of the time.

Can you not counter & miss and still evade damage?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-05 20:02:29  
Squabble said: »

Squabble said: »

You cannot. This is why counter is a poor tank stat because in truly dangerous content you have floored accuracy so counter is only 20% effective.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-05 20:22:43  
Any opinions? This is just what I have been looking to build towards.

ItemSet 342618
Ogams: HP+80/Eva-Meva/FC+10/PDT-10%

Obviously you can use another stat in place of FC, but I like that I don't lose any HP between swaps so doubles over.

Also the hands could be a little better, but I was shooting for acc, and resist stats where I could with out hurting HP/MDB/MEVA to much. Futhark Hands +3 Maybe?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-05 20:29:33  
Is this for disengaged tanking? If not, then I would find issue with a number of things- namely the lack of +parry rate. If so, then there are other things I would switch around as well.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-05 20:30:55  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Is this for disengaged tanking? If not, then I would find issue with a number of things- namely the lack of +parry rate. If so, then there are other things I would switch around as well.

Yes.

Id probably follow pretty similar to what Taint posted on Parry. Trying to fit better resist stats in the mix.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-05 20:44:21  
For engaged tanking, that is more or less what I would shoot for- although some of that HP might be superfluous given that I don't think there's any way to keep quite that much in a FC or enmity set without sacrificing a lot.
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 188 189 190