Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 188 189 190
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-03-07 04:25:12  
monkey33333333 said: »
the Relic +3 head would be better for MDB and magic eva (+ the 6 PDT)

Agreed but I have RNG and WAR :D so not my highest priority and I've been farming dynamis for my upgrades rather than buying.
By monkey33333333 2018-03-07 07:42:23  
feel ya there
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-07 10:03:03  
Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
monkey33333333 said: »
the Relic +3 head would be better for MDB and magic eva (+ the 6 PDT)

Agreed but I have RNG and WAR :D so not my highest priority and I've been farming dynamis for my upgrades rather than buying.

~2 or 4m medals do tend to be a real pain in the ***, especially while trying to maintain other jobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-07 10:22:57  
When medals increase to 6m/each with bodies, GG
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-08 10:15:50  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
When medals increase to 6m/each with bodies, GG

I'm keeping a small stock hoping to +3 rune body lol
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-08 13:56:35  
Does Odyllic Subterfuge give a lot of enmity?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-08 14:35:19  
According to Martel's testing here, it gives 1 CE only and VE wasn't tested.

*Edited.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-08 14:41:09  
To elaborate, it's 1 CE, unknown VE. Could be significant VE, I dunno. Never got around to testing that part. Pain in the *** with that recast.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-09 09:54:58  
Anyone else have high hopes for +3 relic body? I'm hoping for similar HP/eva/m.eva to AF +3, more DT wouldn't hurt either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-09 10:15:26  
I expect it to be a DT- piece (with 9% or even 10% at +3), having less HP than AF and maybe less MEva too.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-09 12:40:57  
I really wish they'd have just put the DT- on the AF body. Would make for a much better piece.

Refresh, superior magic eva/ele resistance, extremely high HP, ACC. Just add DT and it'd be like the perfect tanking body.

Instead, we got DT on the relic body which has... regen. Ugh. But enough of my daydreaming.

I will maintain low expectations in regards to the relic +3 body. I mean, any increase in the DT will be useful, but I can't help but think how lackluster everything else about it is. Maybe they'll give it spectacular meva...
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-09 13:22:53  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I really wish they'd have just put the DT- on the AF body. Would make for a much better piece.

Refresh, superior magic eva/ele resistance, extremely high HP, ACC. Just add DT and it'd be like the perfect tanking body.

Instead, we got DT on the relic body which has... regen. Ugh. But enough of my daydreaming.

I will maintain low expectations in regards to the relic +3 body. I mean, any increase in the DT will be useful, but I can't help but think how lackluster everything else about it is. Maybe they'll give it spectacular meva...

If it gets a decent HP/M.Eva boost, i can comfortably swap that body in and use moonlight neck in place of loricate +1 in my sets which is what I'm really hoping for
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-09 13:24:35  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Anyone else have high hopes for +3 relic body? I'm hoping for similar HP/eva/m.eva to AF +3, more DT wouldn't hurt either.

DT-9
HP+139
MP+124
Liement duration +5
Regen+7
Att+80~
Acc+50~

This is my expectation, highly doubt they add anything else to this variant. Maybe 10DT, would be really cool. But I'm not holding my breath at all. No way they put similar HP on Relic +3 body as AF+3, I don't see it follow the trend. It will likely have more MP, though. Im guessing here, but I think the mdb/eva/meva will be identical to af+3 as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-12 00:34:36  
Rune body:

DEF:156 HP+119 MP+104 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+40 Attack+65 Magic Accuracy+40 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% "Regen"+5 "Liement" duration +5 Damage taken -9%

Was a bit lower than I expected it to get but close
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-12 01:10:03  
Rune body:

DEF:156 HP+119 MP+104 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+40 Attack+65 Magic Accuracy+40 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% "Regen"+5 "Liement" duration +5 Damage taken -9%

Was a bit lower than I expected it to get but close

A real let down. I'm not sure I'll +2/3 mine anytime soon
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-12 01:26:55  
Not at all a letdown. They just followed the same trend of gear with lazy upgrades. Less than I expected but close. They could have gotten creative and did something neat like "augments rune enchantment" to allow us to use a good spread of runes and be capped but that's asking too much apparently
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 03:00:59  
Rune body:

Quick comparisons:

Runeist's Coat +3
DEF:155 HP+218 MP+76 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+50 Res. all ele.+39 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Valiance" and "Vallation" effect duration +19 "Refresh"+3

Ashera Harness
DEF:148 HP+182 MP+44 STR+30 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+30 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+40 Accuray+45 Attack+45 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+90 Magic Evasion+96 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Store TP"+10 "Resist Paralyze"+90 Damage taken -7%

It's a shame for the low HP value (need to doublecheck it's not a translation error), for the rest values are in line with AF+3. Slightly lower Meva, same VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR, +1 MDB

My take is that this body is gonna be quite awesome for new tanking builds. The DT+9% allows for way more freedom in the other slots.
Furthermore, I think it's sort of a replacement for Ashera Harness as well in Hybrid Builds. Yes you do lose the STP+10 but you gain better defensive stats and way more attack at the cost of 5 accuracy.
At least you can slowly work towards it at your pace, whereas you could be hunting an Ashera Harness forever.

I'm sad there's no "special" new stat on it as well, but I don't see how it can be defined a disappointing piece. Looks quite hot to me.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-12 03:35:42  
"replacement" makes it sound like people actually have that harness.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-12 04:05:26  
Since using Turms hands and feet in my PDT set I have been using relic body to compensate already for the DT loss, so this is a great upgrade for me since it now opens other slots to be changed to something else. That being said, the real benefit of getting this piece right now is much lower than my priority for other relic pieces and am overall saddened by how all 5 relic upgrades are in comparison to the upgrades some of the other jobs received. Not saying it's the worse and obviously almost all our pieces have niche uses. Just wish it was more haha.
By Pantafernando 2018-03-12 04:45:00  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Rune body:

Quick comparisons:

Runeist's Coat +3
DEF:155 HP+218 MP+76 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+50 Res. all ele.+39 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Valiance" and "Vallation" effect duration +19 "Refresh"+3

Ashera Harness
DEF:148 HP+182 MP+44 STR+30 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+30 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+40 Accuray+45 Attack+45 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+90 Magic Evasion+96 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Store TP"+10 "Resist Paralyze"+90 Damage taken -7%

It's a shame for the low HP value (need to doublecheck it's not a translation error), for the rest values are in line with AF+3. Slightly lower Meva, same VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR, +1 MDB

My take is that this body is gonna be quite awesome for new tanking builds. The DT+9% allows for way more freedom in the other slots.
Furthermore, I think it's sort of a replacement for Ashera Harness as well in Hybrid Builds. Yes you do lose the STP+10 but you gain better defensive stats and way more attack at the cost of 5 accuracy.
At least you can slowly work towards it at your pace, whereas you could be hunting an Ashera Harness forever.

I'm sad there's no "special" new stat on it as well, but I don't see how it can be defined a disappointing piece. Looks quite hot to me.

At cost of 5 accuray.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 05:14:11  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You'd be surprised how many people have it on Asura.
I've seen the body drop twice.
Lost it the first time. Won the lot the second time but then passed it to make Mho receive it.

Never seen it drop ever since, did around ~60 more Gin kills since then.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 05:16:53  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Since using Turms hands and feet in my PDT set I have been using relic body to compensate already for the DT loss,
Turm hands have been discussed a few posts before.
They have no point (almost) if you're not engaged. If you are engaged they are debateable.
The healing from hits is nice but when you have a main healer it's kinda superfluous, especially if you're tanking a single target.
They do offer very high Magic Evasion though, which is useless regardless of what you're fighting and how.
(they also have a nice chunk of acc if you like hybrid builds)

Regardless of wether you want to use Turms hands or not, Body looks like a really really nice option for tanking sets if you ask me, not a disappointing piece at all imo.

Speaking of Futhark updates, I noticed there's no "WS Damage +x%" piece for RUN.
Wonder if this is correct or if actually there is a piece with WSD but we simply are missing the text from the description.
Could be Legs or Body.
Are there any other (non mage) job missing WSD from their Relic upgrades?

Edit:
NVM PLD is missing WSD as well.
Guess this is meant to be then, SE didn't want to give WSD to tanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-12 05:25:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
You'd be surprised how many people have it on Asura.
I've seen the body drop twice.
Lost it the first time. Won the lot the second time but then passed it to make Mho receive it.

Never seen it drop ever since, did around ~60 more Gin kills since then.

Passing to a botter. Sad.

I've been doing random shouts for it since my return, did two runs tonight, 4 scales. Good times.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 05:28:43  
Passing to a botter. Sad.
Back then Mho was spamming Gin hardcore, I even helped him in a few runs, and he lost lot TWO times to random people who couldn't even make use of it.
That made me kinda sad for her.

Also I DCed during the run and even though Mho knew I was on the Body (I have a static, had every single Omen drop except bodies for a long time, actually said it in pchat multiple times as well while we were gathering in Reisen) the other people were starting to whine about me winning the lot.

Didn't want to argue, tried to kill two birds with one stone by making Mho happy.
(who actually stopped playing like a few days after getting the body lol... she recently returned though but doesn't play much)

Quote:
I've been doing random shouts for it since my return, did two runs tonight, 4 scales. Good times.
I'll be glad to join ya anytime if you wanna go for Gin speed runs, send me tells when you do! Can't promise I'm gonna pass if the body drops though >:D
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-12 06:25:46  
I can dualbox it RUN + GEO just fine, I'm not letting someone in to steal the body. I'm probably closing in on 100 clears by now for that 1% drop rate anyway. Thanks for the offer, though. =P
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 06:29:53  
You never know when someone might fall for your trick unless you try >:D
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-13 14:08:41  
So those of you planning to or already using to the relic body in your tanking sets, what're your sets looking like? I'm personally not too fond of it.

Current PDT Set:
ItemSet 355625

Would consider swap AF for Relic body, and Loricate +1 for Moonlight which overall would give +5 M.Eva but loss of resist to elements, would cap pdt/mdt, and more enmity in set, and also ~100 HP
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-13 14:30:40  
I can dualbox it RUN + GEO just fine, I'm not letting someone in to steal the body. I'm probably closing in on 100 clears by now for that 1% drop rate anyway. Thanks for the offer, though. =P

This is the way to do bosses. Just form your own and eliminate your competition. The people who join understand the rules. When I do Kin runs for Dagon, I do allow one other body lotter, though. I guess I'd be slightly annoyed if it did drop and I lost lot, but I'd not lose sleep over it anyways.

I'm surprised you passed the body though Sechs. I'm even more surprised people are doing this whole "lot shaming" ***. Those "static" groups can be really funky at times. I wouldn't trust them. Form your own stuff and cut out the middleman.

Oh yeah, over 300 omen bosses, zero bodies. Maybe I should start making sure the 2nd DD is always a THF or something...
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-14 19:54:34  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Does Odyllic Subterfuge give a lot of enmity?
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
To elaborate, it's 1 CE, unknown VE. Could be significant VE, I dunno. Never got around to testing that part. Pain in the *** with that recast.
I finally gathered the courage and patience to do that and I've found the somewhat strange amount of 318 VE. Did it with PLD/BRD (to avoid any issues with Tranquil Heart), using Threnodies and 0 HP cures to reach threshold CE values. RUN got hate using OS against 319 CE but not 320 (tested it 3 times!). Assuming the original CE testing is correct, Odyllic Subterfuge gives precisely 1 CE/318 VE. Pretty lame if we use it as an enmity tool.

Also, I tested Sentinel enmity bonus on PLD subjob, it's really Enmity +50.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-14 20:10:38  
Thank you. Looks like it's not really something worth using just for emergency enmity.
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 188 189 190