Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 188 189 190
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-02 21:01:47  
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
ok so update, duo'd 2 carabosse run/nin + whm/sch, fairly easy both times

Not to belittle your testing, as I do see the value in illustrating how RUN performs against nuke-happy mobs and Carabosse is a nice example of a heavily magic using test subject...

But it's worth noting that RUN+WHM really isn't an ideal duo choice for Carabosse anyway since a THF+WHM can also duo it with little issue and get TH7+ for more gems.

I get that this really is more about testing RUN's capabilities than it is about duoing Carabosse. But it's a good example that you have to consider the situation and *** [really, as sess is filtered??] whether having a sturdier tank outweighs stuff like TH, faster kills, etc. The key question is still "what's RUN's place?" as opposed to "how well does RUN survive against 'x' mob?".

Same reason people started doing TP burns instead of a tank way back when. You COULD try to tank those Colibri with a PLD, but why bother when you can just use a bunch of DD's juggling hate and kill way faster?
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-02 21:04:18  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Yo RUN, I’m really happy for you. Imma Let you finish, but THF is the best tank for cara of all time. OF ALL TIME.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-02 21:34:37  
Yeah thf all the things >.> wow please keep testing RUN against different content so we can learn more about this new job and not about TH I think we know enough about that.....
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-02 21:37:18  
TH2 run/nin + whm/thf > TH7 lame *** dagger meleeing :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-02 22:26:43  
Kinda trivial and pointless, but I realized earlier that GEO can use Molva Maul, but RUN can't use Khloros Blade.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-02 22:55:47  
kenshynofshiva said: »
Yeah thf all the things >.> wow please keep testing RUN against different content so we can learn more about this new job and not about TH I think we know enough about that.....

What exactly are we "learning" by hearing that RUN+WHM duo survives well against a mob that uses a lot of nukes? We kinda all already understood that, hey, RUN has good magic defense. You really don't have to go poke Carabosse to prove it.

I'm ultimately more interested in a practical situation where a group would actually want RUN more than other options (duoing an empy trophy NM that can be duoed by other jobs more effectively is not it). Situtations where it's really helpful to use Valliance to buff party members in a nasty magic AoE fight? OK. Gambit to be a debuffer? Cool. Using JAs to hold hate while other DDs go wild on the mob? I'm interested.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-03 01:19:33  

What exactly are we "learning" by hearing that RUN+WHM duo survives well against a mob that uses a lot of nukes? We kinda all already understood that, hey, RUN has good magic defense. You really don't have to go poke Carabosse to prove it.

I'm ultimately more interested in a practical situation where a group would actually want RUN more than other options (duoing an empy trophy NM that can be duoed by other jobs more effectively is not it). Situtations where it's really helpful to use Valliance to buff party members in a nasty magic AoE fight? OK. Gambit to be a debuffer? Cool. Using JAs to hold hate while other DDs go wild on the mob? I'm interested.

What are we "learning", you ask? Could it just be that we are seeing at face value exactly how strong run's MDB is, where other jobs get can get clobbered by bosse's nukes even at 99? I would say that would be it. Might not want to be so cynical and kind of douchey man. Somebody was just reporting their findings. It's good to know that Run's MDB is THAT high, honestly.
[+]
By Ebaydotcom53 2013-04-03 01:56:02  
Why would thief be the best tank for carabosse? I wanna kill her in like 2 minutes or less, not twenty.
By Chyula 2013-04-03 02:33:28  
Someone go do a REX run with a RUN tank.
By Chyula 2013-04-03 02:38:09  
Ebaydotcom53 said: »
Why would thief be the best tank for carabosse? I wanna kill her in like 2 minutes or less, not twenty.

I want to see a duo that can take it out before it use 2hr when come out of red stagger.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-03 02:39:01  
If it takes you 20 min to kill Carabosse as THF, you may want to try equipping weapons next time.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-04-03 02:49:22  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

What are we "learning", you ask? Could it just be that we are seeing at face value exactly how strong run's MDB is, where other jobs get can get clobbered by bosse's nukes even at 99? I would say that would be it. Might not want to be so cynical and kind of douchey man. Somebody was just reporting their findings. It's good to know that Run's MDB is THAT high, honestly.
Can outright resist additional effects on WS' with the right runes,Pflug,and Tenacity. its pretty damn amazing :<
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-03 02:51:52  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
What are we "learning", you ask? Could it just be that we are seeing at face value exactly how strong run's MDB is, where other jobs get can get clobbered by bosse's nukes even at 99? I would say that would be it. Might not way to be so cynical and kind of douchey man. Somebody was just reporting their findings. It's good to know that Run's MDB is THAT high, honestly.

Did we really not already understand that RUN has high magic defense though? I'm honestly not trying to be cynical, I'm just truly surprised that this wasn't already plainly obvious to everyone just from a quick look at the spell/ability list.

There's nothing wrong with somebody going out and enjoying messing around with Carabosse for fun, and it's nice to see enthusiasm for the new job, but let's not act like "I killed Carabosse a couple times and it wasn't very hard" is a terribly meaningful test. I like RUN, but would be more interested in seeing how it does in valuable group roles than fairly obvious results from low-manning kinda outdated Abyssea content.

Perhaps that's just me being overly touchy due to seeing quite enough "unique snowflakes" on PUP over the years doing some random testing on irrelevant content and congratulating each other for findings that are ultimately meaningless as they relate to having a role in legitimately interesting group situations.

Not really the point here, but for a lowman/duo, replacing a stronger DD with THF (which isn't THAT much of a slower DD unless your THF is awful) arguably saves overall farming time by increasing 2 item drops and reducing total number of pop sets to farm.

But back on topic, by your logic (I wanna kill her fast) isn't RUN even LESS worthwhile a job choice than the alternatives of either (1) faster kills with a true DD or (2) moderate kill speed and TH+ from a THF?

I get that this was much more somebody messing around with RUN's magic defense by picking a mob that uses a lot of spells than it was a suggestion that people use RUN as an ideal lowman job for Carabosse, but it's still a good example of: "Hey RUN you sure do have a lot of magic defense for novelty situations, but you're still not invited to our party for meaningful group content."

That's the point, I'm just a little worried about the role for the job and I'm not really seeing the connection between these tests and RUN's actual place in the game. Sorry if I came off as rude.

Chyula said: »
Someone go do a REX run with a RUN tank.

Who TANKS Rex? Nobody. My COR tanks Rex just fine when I pull hate because temps. Strong magic defense or not, you're going to die quickly if you don't get procs/temps.

So again I would ask: why would I bring a RUN instead of any other DD? It's all fine and good that I can eat a nuke better than [insert random job here], but I'm a little concerned whether that's particularly useful in actual interesting FFXI content.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-03 03:05:11  
Not trying to be, but being are two totally different things. Yes you can ESTIMATE how well a job is going to magic tank, but somebody went out into the field and gave us a practical report. Take that for what it is. Instead of being an "lolbosse" jerk about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-03 03:07:41  
There's nothing of real consequence to test with RUN because everything so far can and has been done before the job was even available. So yeah, people are gonna be RUNning (lulz) around testing junk content until we start getting new stuff to do.

All the concern is a bit premature. FFS, it doesn't even have AF yet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-03 03:07:53  

Yourthfisbadandyoushouldfeelbad.jpg
TH

I want to see a duo that can take it out before it use 2hr when come out of red stagger.

Done a couple times without staggering it at all as blu/war and thf/war. Does she have some kind of minimum timer before she can use benediction? We were pretty surprised at first.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 03:09:33  
Trolls to the left of me trolls to the right of me is this the TH thread or a RUN FINDING thread? Can we find out all the things about run please like how strong the JA are? How well do the HATE mechanics work? How strong are the wards against mobs? How strong are the wards on party members? How is that done the Troll asks simple testing VS high level content. Can we please get back on topic and ignore the wall of text trolling...
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-03 04:10:29  
I'm interested if you can reliably resist/evade: amnesia, doom, death, terror and curse and/or debuff auras (I doubt the latter but you never know).
What's resist rate looking like vs Tunga?

Magic damage can already be reduced to near laughable numbers with a WHM + quick gear swap for the most part, so that's not really anything new.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-04-03 06:19:57  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »

Yourthfisbadandyoushouldfeelbad.jpg
TH

Done a couple times without staggering it at all as blu/war and thf/war. Does she have some kind of minimum timer before she can use benediction? We were pretty surprised at first.

I don't think she has a minimum timer on Bene, I've seen her 2hr after 1 ws, and another time she 2hr`d at 5%
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 09:01:51  

Not to belittle your testing, as I do see the value in illustrating how RUN performs against nuke-happy mobs and Carabosse is a nice example of a heavily magic using test subject...

But it's worth noting that RUN+WHM really isn't an ideal duo choice for Carabosse anyway since a THF+WHM can also duo it with little issue and get TH7+ for more gems.

I get that this really is more about testing RUN's capabilities than it is about duoing Carabosse. But it's a good example that you have to consider the situation and *** [really, as sess is filtered??] whether having a sturdier tank outweighs stuff like TH, faster kills, etc. The key question is still "what's RUN's place?" as opposed to "how well does RUN survive against 'x' mob?".

Same reason people started doing TP burns instead of a tank way back when. You COULD try to tank those Colibri with a PLD, but why bother when you can just use a bunch of DD's juggling hate and kill way faster?
so what i think youre trying to say is theres a 3 step process:

Step 1: unlock a job

Step 2: already know everything about the job

Step 3: afk in port jeuno

testing is done for a reason and for the record, my whm can get th4
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-03 09:02:48  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
I don't think she has a minimum timer on Bene, I've seen her 2hr after 1 ws, and another time she 2hr`d at 5%
So much rage when she does it at 1%.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 09:10:44  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
So much rage when she does it at 1%.

I think that is one of SE biggest in game trolls oh and the day we discovered that when someone pops one next to yours that has already bene at low hp% theirs bene at first it was the wtf moment then realized it was as intended RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 09:12:26  

so what i think youre trying to say is theres a 3 step process:

Step 1: unlock a job

Step 2: already know everything about the job

Step 3: ask in port jeuno

testing is done for a reason and for the record, my whm can get th4

Yep trolls believe we know all the things about the jobs before they got released why test it >.>. Oh love to hear about RUN's night at the glavoid....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 09:29:28  
Quote:
true ive done carabosse nin+ thf, whm + thf or nin, whm + war, whm + drk etc, and having -mdt sets on can make the fight pretty easy, but run is the first job i put on it that had absolutely no problem staying alive, even got lazy with shadows

there is always an optimal job setup for each thing in the game, but if we only accept that and dont test potential of new content, the game will never change

also once new armors (af3 and w/e se pops out in soa) come out, well see run cleaned up, i still remember dnc and sch back in the day, look at them now
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-03 09:30:50  
i still remember dnc and sch back in the day, look at them now
Dyna-*** and stunbot?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 09:32:51  
Man do peeps just miss the point or is our educational system this bad? We are testing RUN in real world scenarios we have theory and conjecture simple proof is what we seek my thf mule has been one shot by her funny as hell but hey I digest.... Yes if a RUN in my group can keep me not having to carry some gear and can hold hate a bit off the mages would make me happy can't test myself work and all love to hear about others testing the mdt and magic resist are high on my schedule can RUN resist doom and death stay tuned...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-03 09:55:31  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
A few things that have been tested from what I saw on bg:

- MDB VII at 99.
- Elemental Sforzo: 1800 CE, 7200 VE
- Gambit: 640 CE, 1280 VE
- Lunge: Normal dmg enmity
- All wards: 450 CE, 900 VE (Valiance like most AOEs is per target hit)
- Swordplay: 160 CE, 320 VE.
- Foil: 80 CE, 240 VE
- Runes: 80 CE, 320 VE
- Embolden, One for All: 160 CE, 320 VE (OfA is per target hit)

Think all was tested from Dasva.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 188 189 190