Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 188 189 190
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-24 09:06:15  
rate from skill and the flat rate from inquartata and battuta are both subject to the same cap.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-27 17:50:22  

This is what I currently have. The setup page has race and sub job choice and let's you choose which WS to use. I plan to have songs, rolls, and geo as their own separate section under the setup section, but do people want the mob and debuff in this section or it's own? Also for other buffs such as haste, boost spells, crystal blessing and warrior warcry, etc. Looking for ideas on how people want it structured as a user.

I also still need more race/sub combinations since I only have a few hume and galka besides taru.

Edit: I also plan to add a "generic" ws set, for less commonly used WS but still useful, such as Fell Cleave. I will add more WS to the list, but they will all just use the "WS Set" while reso and dimi will use their respective sets, since they're used for both aftermath maintenance and the two most damaging WS. I just don't want to add set options for every single WS since it will get a bit cluttered and this seems like the most reasonable way to do it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-28 19:18:36  
https://github.com/CaseyMakes/Simulations

Initial version is out so people can play with it and tell me what they want where. I still have a ton to add, like rolls, geo spells, temper, party setup, boost spells, zone buffs, etc.

There is a mob labeled "all capped" which will auto cap acc, attack, fstr and ddex for those that want to build sets around an all capped situation, but again, no temper or cor rolls changes things. I also think I forgot to add hasso, but it's all on my to-do-list.
[+]
By Lorax 2017-12-28 21:04:27  
Where the DRK love at though! (Jelly everybody getting a SIM) lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-28 21:12:02  
I have some ideas for DRK, the biggest hurdle I had was splitting gsword and scythe, but I think I have an idea to handle that where I give each weapon a type and a ws list for each type and some if statements to determine which ws to use. I'll probably add a second tp set for drk to quickly compare the weapon types as well. RUN just was the easiest job to go forward with the new UI I have coming.

soon™
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-29 01:15:05  
Lorax said: »
Where the DRK love at though! (Jelly everybody getting a SIM) lol

And COR! :< /jelly
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-29 07:44:26  
corsair will probably be one of the more difficult ones since it has dual wield, ranged, several weapon types, sometimes single wield, etc.
By itsame 2017-12-29 08:36:43  
The sim files have a couple weird false positives.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/2c48eb6047c05487821c9fbd694666efb47ed571f24cbb3b957a85a38fd3bbf8/detection
By geigei 2017-12-29 08:49:25  
Webroot also shows as infected.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-29 12:18:17  
it’s not malicious in any way and the only reason i can see it showing that is the fact it tries to get information from a text file so you can add your own gear. is it only the rune fencer one that shows that or all?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-29 19:18:13  
update added some corsair rolls and potency. at the moment all of the rolls are an XI roll. no crooked cards yet, either. I also need to add honor march and marcato to the song section and geo buffs. hasso and temper are also not available yet. i plan to have temper take into account casting. with hasso and temper temporarily modified and XI rolls on sam/fighters (no job bonuses), lionheart comes out to around ~7800 DPS, though. eshca buffs would also increase that by another 250 or so, i'd estimate.

without accounting for MP from escha, or maintaining of refresh for raetic and using the above conditions, I get lionheart >(~15%) raetic hq >(~13%) montante / epeo (about 1.5% for monte)
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-30 02:32:21  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
update added some corsair rolls and potency. at the moment all of the rolls are an XI roll. no crooked cards yet, either. I also need to add honor march and marcato to the song section and geo buffs. hasso and temper are also not available yet. i plan to have temper take into account casting. with hasso and temper temporarily modified and XI rolls on sam/fighters (no job bonuses), lionheart comes out to around ~7800 DPS, though. eshca buffs would also increase that by another 250 or so, i'd estimate.

What set did you use? Seems like lower dps than SAM result posted in another thread. Was kinda surprised tbh, thought having Sam roll for better ws frenquency and access to better ws would balance things a bit.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-30 07:13:27  
ItemSet 355809

ItemSet 355810

Nowhere near optimized since I have no herculean gear added yet. SAM one also has job bonus on SAM roll and I also just fixed a bug where fSTR never capped, so that added quite a bit of base damage to WS. RUN one will of course go down a bit when I factor in casting of Temper. What will be interesting is for three minute fights, will it be better to use Embolden on it and recast mid fight or just use the three minute duration one?
By Taint 2017-12-30 07:34:31  
Can you run

ItemSet 355809

Vs

ItemSet 355736

If they are close I’m gonna swap to the second set. No -emn and some DT/PDT.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-30 07:38:42  
Give Austar some time to get the sim up and running properly. You'll get better, more reliable results if they can tweak it just right than you will rushing to use it when it has fixes needed.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-30 07:47:09  
you can add herc and +2 of ayanmo to the run_equip.txt file to see if you want, but the released version doesn’t have temper or hasso, so it’ll change a bit once that’s considered. Main reason I want users to use it right now is to help give ideas on the UI that would make it easier or nicer to use.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-12-30 17:58:18  
Taint said: »
Can you run

ItemSet 355809

Vs

ItemSet 355736

I haven't personally ran any sims for rune but i run your first set, but with Herc Ta +4 on my boots, and i do well.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-30 20:21:55  
Taint said: »
Can you run

ItemSet 355809

Vs

ItemSet 355736

With capped everything (acc, atk, fstr, ddex, magic haste, etc.), 100% uptime of both hasso and embolden temper (34% DA) and not stopping to recast, XI rolls on samurai and fighters but no job bonus, I get about:
Code
Simulated Average: lionheart 7860.92  (WS :  30650.81 )
AA Percent:  0.12 WS Percent:  0.88

VS

Simulated Average: lionheart 7491.76  (WS :  33974.48 )
AA Percent:  0.15 WS Percent:  0.85

Maintaining temper will lower DPS a decent amount, for both sets, and will be the most interesting thing for zerg fights. Is it worth using non-embolden for the full duration or should I stop to recast mid zerg?

My family is doing Christmas this weekend so I haven't had time and might not have time until next weekend to get any more updates done.
[+]
 Asura.Kaotik
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2017-12-31 19:44:40  
Couple questions I haven't been able to find the answer to, sorry if they've already been answered.

While I'm working on Lustratio +1 for Reso set is it better to use NQ in the mean time, or is there better alternatives (herc, nq adhemar?).

I've also seen a lot of TP sets with windbuffet +1, but wouldn't Ioskeha be a better TP option?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-12-31 21:18:14  
Windbuffet +1 is better if you don't need Haste/Accuracy from Ioskeha (+1).
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-31 21:54:10  
not really, they're basically equal. but ioskeha allows more flexibility from more acc and haste than the windbuffet. Ran both belts using the same tp set in several situations with sub/rolls/temper potency and they're at worst within 1% of each other in capped acc/atk situations
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-03 21:05:53  
updated to allow users to select tier of temper. I initially had it attempt to cast and use embolden but it crashed whenever I tried to run it. I may give it another shot later on, but for now this is at least a toggle on/off/embolden similar to how the spreadsheets appear to. 20% for on, 34% with embolden since it assumes 2100

I might have some time tomorrow to add GEO spells, Hasso, and maybe a little bit of party setup which will affect rolls and other things like Warcry/Bloodrage from a WAR.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-04 00:27:43  
another small update.

you can now select party member jobs, but only a handful right now. all it does at the moment is affect their respective cor rolls. you can also turn on/off hasso and last resort, worth noting that last resort is 100% uptime, not something that is maintained yet, just like temper. but since the duration is 3 minutes, it's totally fine on the three minute outputs but less accurate on the longer one.

I lied, I didn't like how it was formatted so I removed most of that. The job in the party setups do affect rolls and DNC will give 10% JA haste when at least one is selected.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-10 04:34:58  
I know I seen it mentioned but can't seem to find it. What spells should I be equiping when /BLU for AoE hate generation? Should I be trying to use full enmity gear or mixing in some SID gear in the gear set for them? What are some other useful spells to fill up points in addition to Cocoon?
By geigei 2018-01-10 04:38:42  
Well the point of casting blu spells is hate, i'd go full enmity and learn to cast between hits, is a lost art for many but possible.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-10 10:37:46  
These are the main spells that I use on RUN/BLU:

Cocoon (keeping it up is annoying but well worth it)

Geist Wall + Sheep Song (AOE hate spells)

Jettatura (Single target high hate, super long recast)

Blank Gaze (Single target medium hate, insanely low recast)

Healing Breeze (Never know when you need to wake up your party)

I use full SID sets for Cocoon, Geist Wall, Sheep Song, Healing Breeze, and Aquaveil. I'm pretty sure there's no point mixing in SID if you don't cap it though. Either go for +102 or don't bother.

In general, I agree with geigei, obviously if you can cast between hits in full enmity it's better but my most common AOE hate scenario is after pulling dozens of mobs in Omen and depending on how long of a train they form you can end up with no gaps in their attacks in which you can safely cast so that's why I use SID. Besides, I usually am just using them to get on the hate list more than actually generating tons of hate. After that, Foil spam can work its magic. I'm a back line player by nature, so things like this have never been my strong suit.

As far as filler spells, I mainly just went for HP+ traits. I think I have Metallic Body, Wild Oats, and maybe Refueling set.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-10 11:09:14  
Also if you running with a blu buddy you can get verve for those times when multiple targets hit you.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-10 21:19:56  
RUN already has the Max HP Boost trait though, so do the /BLU traits for that even matter?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-10 21:20:21  
no
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-01-10 22:19:14  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Jettatura (Single target high hate, super long recast)
Conal not single target
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 188 189 190