フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-05 08:47:56  
Really nice for a max acc set. Probably better than Schere if you have a bunch of DA/TA in gear and/or are using mythic AM3.

It's kind of meh generally though.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-23 17:03:54  
There is a lot of tp sets listed on the bg wiki guide for mnk.

What's an optimal setup for tp/tp impetus without oddessy augments.

And if I have to focus on mpaca augments what would be the best to prioritize?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-29 07:35:03  
Question for Comparison:

Bhikku Gaiter's +3 vs Anchorites Gaiters +3

so for footwork weapon skills does Anchorites win because it has 10% more chance to land extra kick attack as part of the weapon skill as opposed to only a 5 loss in total attack?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-29 07:39:03  
Double the base damage

+120 vs +65, neither have any chance of adding extra kicks to the ws (never heard of that)

And footwork+ is worn on activation, not constant.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-06-29 07:40:00  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
There is a lot of tp sets listed on the bg wiki guide for mnk.

What's an optimal setup for tp/tp impetus without oddessy augments.

And if I have to focus on mpaca augments what would be the best to prioritize?

Mpaca augments up to 25-30 are head, legs, body, hands, boots. I did in that order but whatever you prefer most. If you ignore hands and feet you probably won’t notice
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-29 09:34:33  
May I ask what you use augmented mpaca body for?
Thanks!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-29 09:37:40  
Well I am solo grinding oddessy augments so it's gonna be a long while
But I see sets with boots and hands (mpaca)
Or just body (mpaca)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Monk_Guide

I'm focusing on the impetus set and the post sortie engaged set.

I'm switching it up while in sortie between vere and godhands what earring do people consider worth swapping out? Right now I chose schere because I don't have enough augments

What are people using for engaged and impetus engaged
My tp gain just feels so slow
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-29 09:43:40  
To gain feels slow cause you're soloing. No sam roll. March is down half the time.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-29 10:04:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
To gain feels slow cause you're soloing. No sam roll. March is down half the time.
I have a pocket bard so capped haste, at the very least.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 10:52:43  
Im sure this was asked a lot but i still never see a clear answer.

Is there a strongest or normally strongest WS?

Ive been spamming my shijins with godhands everywhere, but i do feel this WS dont follow the meta (low relation with WSD, DEX modifier, dmg not related to tp)
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 10:56:02  
Maybe Dragon Blow lol?

Maybe lacking self skillchain property, but everything else is there
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2023-06-29 11:01:42  
i follow this mantra:
Footwork up? > Tornado kick
Impetus up? > Victory Smite
Neither? (doesnt happen too often) Raging Fists
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-29 11:02:07  
lol everything but shijin. raging howling smite tkick

Shijin is for linkers and plague
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-06-29 11:02:55  
Pantafernando said: »

Raging Fists if accuracy isn't an issue or if the target isn't high DEF.

Howling Fist if you are pushing ACC limits or vs high DEF as it gets an attack modifier on the first hit.

Dragon Blow has the highest TP scaling but might not fTP transfer like most other H2H (really extensive testing has never been done).
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-29 11:03:18  
Maybe Dragon Blow lol?

Maybe lacking self skillchain property, but everything else is there
Tornado kick is pretty powerful when you have footwork

Ripped from Simon
Baniak uses Asuran Fists. Dhartok takes 20069 points of damage.
Baniak uses Tornado Kick. Dhartok takes 80304 points of damage.
Skillchain: Fusion. Dhartok takes 48338 points of damage.
Baniak uses Dragon Kick. Dhartok takes 69241 points of damage.
Skillchain: Light. Dhartok takes 99999 points of damage.
Baniak uses Victory Smite. Dhartok takes 40433 points of damage.
Skillchain: Radiance. Dhartok takes 99999 points of damage.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-06-29 11:04:13  
When using Godhands, or Karambit for that matter:

Generally Howling Fist is always a very strong option and a very safe bet if you don't know if you're quite atk capped or not. Just remember it scales incredibly well with TP (like most h2h ws) so don't ws until like 2k+ effective tp at the very least.

Raging fist should be on par or slightly stronger than Howling if you have enough buffs (more consistent). Again, don't WS at 1k unless you really need to close a SC or something.

Tornado Kick is incredibly strong when you have Footwork up, and again, go at high TP.

Victory smite can also be strong when impetus is up, but only really shines with Verethragna (if you get the light SCs from it it's probably still the strongest option with other weapons too though) and is heavily reliant on Empy body and keeping impetus stacks up. It's still excellent for it's SC properties with any weapon though ofc.

Edit: like 4 other replies while I was typing this lol
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-06-29 13:36:27  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Well I am solo grinding oddessy augments so it's gonna be a long while
But I see sets with boots and hands (mpaca)
Or just body (mpaca)

I'm focusing on the impetus set and the post sortie engaged set.

I'm switching it up while in sortie between vere and godhands what earring do people consider worth swapping out? Right now I chose schere because I don't have enough augments

What are people using for engaged and impetus engaged
My tp gain just feels so slow

Double check you're capping gear haste. Might seem silly, but I made the mistake when redoing my engaged sets.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-06-29 19:31:52  

Ive been spamming my shijins with godhands everywhere, but i do feel this WS dont follow the meta (low relation with WSD, DEX modifier, dmg not related to tp)
mnk has one of the most if not the most versatile WS selection, especially if making a skillchain is a viable damage option. i can't speak for sortie boss mechanics but there aren't many situations you need to spam on single WS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stereo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2023-06-30 03:55:52  

you too can have the power.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-30 06:52:17  
I liked because of that music lol
By Trillium 2023-07-01 16:04:09  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

mnk has one of the most if not the most versatile WS selection, especially if making a skillchain is a viable damage option. i can't speak for sortie boss mechanics but there aren't many situations you need to spam on single WS.

Agree that we have a lot of WS that could be used. In answer to the question, 'top' ws is probably more variable on mnk than most as well. Do you have impetus up? Do you have Footwork up? What else are you doing, attack caps etc. In general with footwork up and buffs tornado kick probably has the most 'potential', but with 99,999 cap, you probably want to look at what is tp efficient and what sc together well with whatever you are doing. As with most questions in FFXI,.. #$@% is situational.

Edit: Wanted to add for newer mnks. Don't worry about having everything optimized at the start. Just start with one ws and then slowly add impetus up sets for VSmite etc, then pop in your kick attacks, and figure out a good rotation that works for you with whatever sj (war/drg/dnc?) you are using for the content you are attacking. Mnk can be more relaxing in some ways, but also more punishing if you mess up your rotation. Would be really nice if we had some sort of piercing ilevel weapon like in the old days...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-08-05 13:04:51  
Anyone have a updated mnk VS set or would like to offer a suggestion or 2 or 10 on my vs setr? I have not dusted off mnk in a hot minute but want to bust it back out. I have mpaca set but mainly unrank pointed as my playtime has been off. Ryuo hands, adhemar head, back all standard str augs. Just wondering if I can tweak anything for a little more output.

ItemSet 392376
By Nariont 2023-08-05 13:47:01  
[+]
By Taint 2023-08-05 14:07:38  
This one is good too:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/All_Jobs_Gear_Sets/Monk
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-08-05 16:19:05  
Bear in mind for your sets the content you’re facing. Something that’s commonly overlooked, in my experience, is people tend to forget about defensive stats when facing something like V25 Gaol NMs. I steer away from gear like Ryuo and Adhemar in those situations due to the squish factor and replace with what’s suitable for damage and survivability.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-08-27 11:55:46  
I'm reviewing my monk gearsets and wrestling with a few choices regarding tp sets.

I remember locking into bhikku Doublet while impetus is up for the augment. ofcourse this is great for crit weaponskills.. but I remember the discussion largely agreed that you wanted to tp in Empy body while Impetus is up. and I have done so.

Does this still make sense for tp set though? I'm thinking I should be staying in Mpaca Doublet and just change to Bhikku body for the appropriate weaponskills. Any Reason not to? more crit hit white damage?

Feet options are rather annoying for mnk tp set.
I'm really locked in for basically all other slots in tp set except head and feet... well only reason I'm not locked in for head is because my Mpaca's set is not yet rank 25 or higher. At 25 I guess I'll be locked into Mpaca's cap, so the feet argument disappears.

Anchorite's feet are the most common option.. and the deciding factor appears to be haste. they are the only decent foot option with 4% haste, and that will be the option when locking into mpaca's head... if Footwork is up, we are actually overcapping kick attack rate 109%

I don't really like Adhemar bonnet +1 for a headpiece option. There is no accuracty option on it and Malignacne and Mpaca have defensive and tp building benefits above Adhemar, but adhemar has 8% haste.. which opens slightly better foot options than Achorites. Namely Tatenashi sune-ate +1 (the choice I wish I could keep) and Malignance boots for hybrid (which I like better than Mpaca for foot slot)

I guess I"m curious if anyone came up with different solutions to the tp set. I wasn't entirely happy w/ the sets in the community guide...

I certainly don't like the adhemar bonnet and anchorite gaiters option in the guide. thats kinda silly. If I have adhemar bonnet, I'd go for tatenashi sune-ate. but both Mpaca 25+ and Malignance should be better top options in head slot if using the anchorite gaiters.

and for the hybrid tp set.. I don't like mpaca's feet much. They seem the worst of the mpaca pieces for mnk. especially for a tp set.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-27 13:03:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I remember locking into bhikku Doublet while impetus is up for the augment. ofcourse this is great for crit weaponskills.. but I remember the discussion largely agreed that you wanted to tp in Empy body while Impetus is up. and I have done so.

Does this still make sense for tp set though?
I'm not sure what you're really asking here, I'm a bit confused °-°
By Seun 2023-08-27 13:31:19  

Does this still make sense for tp set though? I'm thinking I should be staying in Mpaca Doublet and just change to Bhikku body for the appropriate weaponskills. Any Reason not to? more crit hit white damage?

Bhikku body adds 1 crit damage and 2 accuracy to each stack of Impetus. Since it caps at 50 stacks, the potential is massive so you're right to TP in empy body while Impetus is up.
By Nariont 2023-08-27 13:52:38  

As stated, every stack of impetus with the emp body is 2 acc/atk and 1% crit rate/crit damage, with 99% capped hit rate its not unlikely you're going to hit high stacks of this before missing, making it one of the strongest TP bodies as well as WS bodies for those with crit potential, there's really no reason not to wear it aside from DT concerns and you can make better trades elsewhere imo

Anchorite's feet are the most common option.. and the deciding factor appears to be haste. they are the only decent foot option with 4% haste, and that will be the option when locking into mpaca's head... if Footwork is up, we are actually overcapping kick attack rate 109%

I don't really like Adhemar bonnet +1 for a headpiece option. There is no accuracty option on it and Malignacne and Mpaca have defensive and tp building benefits above Adhemar, but adhemar has 8% haste.. which opens slightly better foot options than Achorites. Namely Tatenashi sune-ate +1 (the choice I wish I could keep) and Malignance boots for hybrid (which I like better than Mpaca for foot slot)

Biggest pro for the feet is the +120 base damage on kicks, you can run with herc boots or tatenashi if you want as an alternative but its a nice white dmg increase given the rate of kick attacks on mnk

There's path A or whatever for bonnet if you really need acc on every piece, but you should be alright in most cases
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-08-27 16:09:44  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not sure what you're really asking here, I'm a bit confused °-°

Does the empy body need to be on for crit damage bonus and accuracy damage bonus to be included during buildup?

Yes Impetus stacks up to 50 attacks. So if its all charged up, without bhikku body in tp set, then i swap to bhikku body for weaponskill, do I get the capped crit damage and accuracy for the weaponskill? OR does it only build up crit rate and attack?

2nd factor would be, is the white damage boost significant enough vs weaponskill damage to make it worthwhile to keep bhikku body on during tp phase?

Nariont said: »
Biggest pro for the feet is the +120 base damage on kicks, you can run with herc boots or tatenashi if you want as an alternative but its a nice white dmg increase given the rate of kick attacks on mnk

There's path A or whatever for bonnet if you really need acc on every piece, but you should be alright in most cases

In general, I do not priority white damage on most my jobs. Its all about weaponskill damage. IN the past I know this wasn't quite true for Monk, but I don't know the ratio, so I don't know which is more valuable, but I suspect its weaponskill damage.

yes, the Kick attack +120 will increase the white damage.. but is that really significant enough? I rather think that faster tp and more tp for the weaponskill is going to matter more. so the factors I'm looking at in the feet are the kick attack +10%, haste 4% and accuracy +46.

I would LIKE to use different feet for tp, because kick attack rate is already near cap (overcapped if footwork active) and the returns on 10% kick attack rate are pretty low compared to the multihit and store tp on the other options i've mentioned.

HOWEVER, I drop from haste cap if I do this. ;.;
First Page 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365