フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-04-01 13:07:45  
Oh my. Let’s all just roll one and calm down.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-01 13:12:12  
Let's get this back on track.
You guys waste too much time on arguing, for what purpose.

Does anyone have a link to a current spreadsheet?

I am not sure where you guys get these, but thankyou to whomever is awesome with excel.

Does anyone know the last time the bgwiki gear was updated?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-01 13:14:23  
Yes, you can find all currently mantained Spreadsheets in here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51192/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/

There's a MNK one as well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-04-01 13:15:22  
[+]
By eliroo 2021-04-01 13:22:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I see both sides.

Both sides should always be considered. Guides serve mostly newer players or players who don't have the time or frankly the intelligence to work through the various resources. Guides also provide a baseline of correct info to prevent incorrect info from being spread.

Resources are great for people who want to learn specifics or for people who want to help others and offer advice. Realistically the person making the resource is hardly the person making the guide since they have two different goals and mindsets but the person making the guide should rely heavily on the person making the resource. The individual making the resource benefits from a guide too since it prevents stupid questions.

Ultimately though, the MNK guide does need a polish up or a disclaimer most of the information on the front page is flat out wrong and misleading.
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-04-01 13:24:45  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Glad to see you failed reading comprehension since I've said I'm:

1) Not interested in BIS gear.

2) Would love access to to the sheets for gear upgrades and feel like people should do that themselves. (Thank you Sechs)

3) Reiterating for the third or fourth time about playstyles and whatnot since no one can read.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-04-01 13:31:03  
Was just making fun of your inability to think for yourself and expect things spoon fed... ill try better next time nobody
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-04-01 13:38:36  
Meanwhile if you were able to comprehend sentences you'd realize I already think for myself. Alas my expectations for this forum are still too high.

Also, if you want to call someone a nobody you might not want to be one yourself, troglodyte. Your meme format was ***and entirely incorrect to the conversation at hand as well. No wonder you bogart chromosomes like the end of the world is coming.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-04-01 13:41:36  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

I am not sure where you guys get these, but thankyou to whomever is awesome with excel.

BG community guide was updated pretty recently. I think it's current minus any Nyahme gear.
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 13:44:56  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes, you can find all currently mantained Spreadsheets in here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51192/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/

There's a MNK one as well.

I need to update this sheet at some point. Looking for new job (in RL I mean XD) now and dont have much free time :/

EDIT: Maybe I will just clean up my own copy that I was updating for myself
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-04-01 13:51:30  
What's your field Simon? Lost my job during covid last year and know the pains of that.

Even if the spreadsheet isn't exact it should still work decently for comparing options, which is what everyone was throwing a fit about for whatever reason.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-01 14:00:33  
The calculations and logic in that Sheet are solid.
Some gear might be missing but then again it's so easy to add new gear that everyone can do it on their own, if you ask me.
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 14:04:57  
Valefor.Godsblackarm said: »
What's your field Simon? Lost my job during covid last year and know the pains of that.

Even if the spreadsheet isn't exact it should still work decently for comparing options, which is what everyone was throwing a fit about for whatever reason.

.Net programmer, but my problem is that I was working for almost 5 years in same company (I was my own boss after few years and it was really time flexible) and I was mostly maintaining existing code, so Im rusty as *** and havent learned almost anything in last 3 years.

The sheet in the link is updated by me, but its old. It has most mechanic I think, but no new gear. It will be probably easier if I just clean up my private copy, that I was trying to keep up to date.
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 14:08:53  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The calculations and logic in that Sheet are solid.
Some gear might be missing but then again it's so easy to add new gear that everyone can do it on their own, if you ask me.

I think it might have few flaws like missing triple attack damage, which is a little more relevant now with addition of Mpaca hands. I will see what I can do, but probably I wont make it before Monday (Im out for whole weekend).
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-04-01 14:27:43  
SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Godsblackarm said: »

.Net programmer, but my problem is that I was working for almost 5 years in same company (I was my own boss after few years and it was really time flexible) and I was mostly maintaining existing code, so Im rusty as *** and havent learned almost anything in last 3 years.

The sheet in the link is updated by me, but its old. It has most mechanic I think, but no new gear. It will be probably easier if I just clean up my private copy, that I was trying to keep up to date.

Yea I was chief of engineering at an older hotel when I got laid off and come my new job everything isn't antiquated as hell and old than I am (new renovated property versus a place that's been mostly similar since the 80s) so I can relate to a degree. Had to recertify in a ton of areas.

As Sechs said, even if the gear is outdated people should be able to mosey their way through and put in new gear, as you would have to do with augments anyway so I wouldn't stress over it too much.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-01 14:42:20  
Can't figure out why my 2 sets don't match even though they are using the same gear and I'm pretty sure I turned off the buffs.

=100%+MAX(-100%,MIN(100%,C96+C97))+0.19

https://imgur.com/a/T1z4qz4
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-01 14:48:58  
What are people using for HF Hundred Fists these days?
Code
sets.engaged.HF = {ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
    head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    body="Anch. Cyclas +3",
    hands="Ryuo Tekko +1", 
    legs="Ken. Hakama +1",
    feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
    neck={ name="Mnk. Nodowa +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear="Odr Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Gere Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Crit.hit rate+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Edit: Bhikku Cyclas when Impetus is up
Edit 2: I should have been more clear
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-04-01 15:09:53  
Asura.Bippin said: »
What are people using for HF these days?

I swear, took me like 10min to figure out HF means Hundred Fists and not Howling Fist in this case :P

+2 neck loses a lot of it's value, but not sure there's really anything better anyway?
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 15:10:37  
Can't figure out why my 2 sets don't match even though they are using the same gear and I'm pretty sure I turned off the buffs.

It's hard to tell. You would need to link whole sheet with your setup
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-01 15:13:10  
I've always found that set 1 and set 2 are different. Somewhere in the copy pasted code from 1 to 2 something always gets messed up.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-01 15:22:14  

It's hard to tell. You would need to link whole sheet with your setup
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uj3ZIDQErKV0Ibs9DQGxbMOWz7oAJ4Cy/view?usp=drivesdk
I'm pretty sure I normalized everything but maybe I missed something was trying to set both tp sets = to compare accessories and make a baseline. Didn't get around to messing with ws yet.
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 15:54:45  
Yeah, there is +0.19 there for no reason. I don't have that in my copy so I wonder how that popped up there.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-01 17:15:43  
Yeah, there is +0.19 there for no reason. I don't have that in my copy so I wonder how that popped up there.

Removed the .19 still getting wierd mismatched values. Tried starting again with another copy from the spreadsheet page but same results.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-01 18:17:26  
That's odd, I'm getting perfectly matching values °-°
Maybe I have an older copy, I dunno.
By SimonSes 2021-04-01 18:41:55  
I cleared that +0.19 and both sets have exactly the same value of dps and ws. Same link.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2021-04-01 19:38:48  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »

BG community guide was updated pretty recently. I think it's current minus any Nyahme gear.

It's not actually, they just updated the counter and counterstance sets by adding mpaca body.
 Sylph.Shadamar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shad01
By Sylph.Shadamar 2021-04-01 20:04:06  
Bis is having fun and playing the job you love , gear hq or not means little to the job you enjoy , yes always strive for better but in the end ......its a f***king game have fun and play, and if it means more to you then the real of life I seriously urge you to take a long hard look at the world around you, women are great for those guys out there , and for women men aren't all that bad lol , if this was monopoly we'd of flipped the board long ago ....relax enjoy the game .
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-01 20:45:03  
Must have hit a hotkey for a new column at some point on the gear page. There is two gear drop downs next to each other.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-04-02 21:49:30  
What's everyone's Favorite HTBM to run on Monk? I'll be dual boxing with 3 song bard, gear isn't overly amazing, but would mostly be using mpaca or malig sets, my vereth is r7 atm.

Just trying to make the most of this campaign, I have at least two weapons I want to Afterglow, so need like 9k Plutons and 10k Beiets.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-04-02 23:12:33  
I'm assuming it'll still be Leviathan HTB as the easiest and most spammable one
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 363 364 365