New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 363 364 365
By CerberusFreaky 2020-04-09 16:22:16  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
CerberusFreaky said: »
I clearly see you defined impetus TP set; however, I do not see a footwork TP set. Do you not switch to a "kickattacks" oriented TP set?

Footwork doesn't turn your entire round into kicks anymore, plus the standard TP set has over 100% KA rate (with footwork up) + kick base damage stacking rolled into it from Segomo's mantle, JSE neck +2, and AF+3 boots

So I use 3 TP sets

Non-IMP
ItemSet 365626
Footwork
ItemSet 372242
Impetus
ItemSet 372243

IMP set for 3 minutes, Footwork set for 1 min, and non-imp for 1 minute.

The footwork set up increases my kickattacks damage and activation while under the effects of footwork, is that not so?
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-09 17:17:12  
If you want to min-max your TP generation you might want to re-assign your sets around the community guide. I use 2 TP sets for the most part: the standard one and the hybrid one, with a lua rule that equips impetus body in either set if impetus is up.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Either way your sets are totally workable, they're just a little all over the place they could just use a little tweaking if you want more optimization. It's kinda hard to go wrong with Monk these days if you have the money for Su3+1 and HQ Adhemar.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-04-09 17:36:22  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Quick and dirty of what needs upgraded?

Emp+1
Relic+3
AF+3

Needed for monk, not LIFETIME/CAREER monk, (god knows my inventory wont handle it) but main TP/WS/Utility sets.

TBH, the only absolutely vital piece is Empy body. Beyond that, Su3 set (at the very least, 4/5 excluding hands), while not MNK-exclusive, has more value than any other MNK JSE armor. Nice perk is that they're also excellent for NIN SAM.

SSS Tier: Empy+1 body

A Tier: Relic legs/AF feet (footwork) - but IDK that I'd call them absolutely necessary for someone who wants a good MNK but isn't hardcore MNK-4-lyfe.

Situational:
- all Relic are good for Asuran Fists/Karambit
- I guess the counter pieces listed above, but a counter set is pretty niche for a non-career MNK
- WSD+10% pieces (AF hands, Relic head), some use as discussed above - but WSD not that vital for MNK

Edit: you'll also still want to carry the relevant JA-enhancing pieces, but no need to upgrade those all the way. In rough order of usefulness (but YMMV based on what you're doing on MNK):
* Relic legs (Hundred Fists)
* Relic head (Chi Blast/Penance)
* AF head (Focus)
* Empy feet (Footwork) [EDIT: nvm, forgot Shukuyu are better!]
* Relic hands/AF body (Chakra)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-09 18:14:30  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Quick and dirty of what needs upgraded?

Emp+1
Relic+3
AF+3
My personal view on it:

AF
Relic
Empy

Speaking of TP gearing, there are mainly two approaches who can achieve pretty similar results, it kinda depends on your preference, your augments etc.

Approach 1 - Multiattack: Perf Samnuha Tights, Herc with godly augments, Kendatsuba+1 for the Legs slot. For the Feet slot instead Herc with godly augs, Kendatsuba+1.

Approach 2 - Kick attack: Bhikku+1 or Relic+3 for the legs slot, Anchorite+3 for the feet slot.

Damage wise they can produce similar results but different pros and cons. Kendatsuba offers the additional advantage of a lot of magic evasion.
If you're way above att cap, Malignance becomes an interesting option for both foot and legs slot, and it also gives a *** of Magic Evasion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-09 18:50:33  
I have a footwork rule in my lua that will equip Relic+3 pants and AF+3 feet for tp while it's active, I'm pretty sure those are the only tp swaps I have for it. I'm honestly not as concerned about tp generation during footwork, the white damage with R15 GH is just bonkers, and you're not that much slower to tp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-09 19:21:26  
Both Sechs And Capu are pretty much right on the money. But I agree with the empy feet point from Sechs; they can be skipped entirely in favor of shukuyu feet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-04-09 19:25:22  
Shukuyu feet slipped my mind, thanks guys!
By CerberusFreaky 2020-04-10 01:23:11  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
I clearly see you defined impetus TP set; however, I do not see a footwork TP set. Do you not switch to a "kickattacks" oriented TP set?

Footwork doesn't turn your entire round into kicks anymore, plus the standard TP set has over 100% KA rate (with footwork up) + kick base damage stacking rolled into it from Segomo's mantle, JSE neck +2, and AF+3 boots

So I use 3 TP sets

Non-IMP
ItemSet 365626
Footwork
ItemSet 372242
Impetus
ItemSet 372243

IMP set for 3 minutes, Footwork set for 1 min, and non-imp for 1 minute.

The footwork set up increases my kickattacks damage and activation while under the effects of footwork, is that not so?

Ok, So I fixed the Lua to perform under Counterstance and under footwork like I want; however, the Link above ( https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide ) shocked me... is the consensus to use Relic Legs+3 & and Artifact Feet+3 over Kendatsuba +1 legs feet? can I get a bit of background for this? some numbers parces?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-10 06:18:12  
It was already discussed at length but the consensus is that for pure DPS, swapping the legs and feet is better during Footwork. But again, that’s purely a DPS Standpoint, many of us, myself included, prefer keeping Kenda/Malignance regardless of stance with the only actual swap being Empy body because of the high TP gains and very high MEVA.

As someone here once said “it’s only a little bit slower DPS but most enfeebs roll off of me”. If you’re out somewhere where MEva doesn’t matter? Non issue. Maybe make a toggle or something to allow your kick rules to activate if you know enfeebs won’t be an issue.
By SimonSes 2020-04-10 06:42:48  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
As someone here once said “it’s only a little bit slower DPS but most enfeebs roll off of me”

Could be me. I try to promote that on every occasion. My standard tp set is made from malignance and kenda+1 and tp set with relic and af pieces is on toggle as max tp set, but I rarely use it, because meva is almost always an issue. Lets say my tp set is 500 dps below max (its not that much tho) and max tp is 9500dps. So in 1 min I lose 30k dmg from like 570k total. Now lets say you got stunned once for 5 sec. You lose 47.5k and thats from one stun.
[+]
By Taint 2020-04-10 07:49:32  
GS is so easy to set up you should just do both. A large majority of mobs don't do anything too troubling making the extra MEVA not a factor.

I set mine up with a MEVA toggle as part of my hybrids.

TP {Normal,MidACC,MaxACC}
WS {Normal,MidACC,MaxACC}
Hybrid {Normal,MEVA,DT}
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-04-10 09:00:42  
re:Footwork JA, so i should use footwork when its up and lockon shukuyu sune-ate during, else use af+3 for TP
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-10 09:02:25  
Shukuyu on activation, AF+3 during the melee phase of Footwork.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-04-10 09:05:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shukuyu on activation, AF+3 during the melee phase of Footwork.
thanks
By Afania 2020-04-10 10:56:38  
SimonSes said: »
As someone here once said “it’s only a little bit slower DPS but most enfeebs roll off of me”

Could be me. I try to promote that on every occasion. My standard tp set is made from malignance and kenda+1 and tp set with relic and af pieces is on toggle as max tp set, but I rarely use it, because meva is almost always an issue. Lets say my tp set is 500 dps below max (its not that much tho) and max tp is 9500dps. So in 1 min I lose 30k dmg from like 570k total. Now lets say you got stunned once for 5 sec. You lose 47.5k and thats from one stun.

It isn't hard to pop bg wiki and read about NM TP moves and make sure they don't have stun/amnesia before making decisions on a TP set. -.-

500 DPS is pretty huge.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-04-10 13:42:15  
empy body +1 only needs to be on for the weaponskill, you can TP in whatever
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-10 13:42:55  
Afania said: »

It isn't hard to pop bg wiki and read about NM TP moves and make sure they don't have stun/amnesia before making decisions on a TP set. -.-

500 DPS is pretty huge.

I toggle back and forth between hybrid (kenda/malig) and the relic legs/af feet TP set depending on what I'm fighting and what I'm at risk of being hit by
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-10 13:55:32  
Siren.Mosin said: »
empy body +1 only needs to be on for the weaponskill, you can TP in whatever

No way, it's a massive white damage loss TPing under impetus without the body on.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-10 14:23:16  
Taint said: »
GS is so easy to set up you should just do both. A large majority of mobs don't do anything too troubling making the extra MEVA not a factor.

I set mine up with a MEVA toggle as part of my hybrids.

TP {Normal,MidACC,MaxACC}
WS {Normal,MidACC,MaxACC}
Hybrid {Normal,MEVA,DT}

500 DPS is pretty huge.

First to Taint. Not sure if you responded to me, but I wrote that I have a toggle for max tp set. I just wrote I personally use it very rarely, so its not my standsrd tp set anymore.

Now to Afania. You really like to nitpick arent you? Its pretty obvious that you wont be stunned if mob has no stun, so I obviously was describing situation where you fight sonething that have stun. Again I said I have toggle for max tp set, but I rarely use it, because most of the things I use MNK for is using debuffs.
500 dps is not huge at all when your dps is 9000+, thats 30k dmg per minute. Not even one WS. If you think its huge why dont you have tp set on WHM, but only some basic equip? You could add way more than 500 dps in many fights. Also again we are talking about scenario when you can be debuffed, which I clearly *** described, but you want to be annoying in another thread I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-10 14:23:56  
Not using empy body is silly.
Code
		<set name="TP-Hybrid">
			<ammo>Aurgelmir Orb +1</ammo>
			<head>Malignance Chapeau</head>
			<neck augment="O3728794451968200">Mnk. Nodowa +2</neck>
			<ear1>Brutal Earring</ear1>
			<ear2>Sherida Earring</ear2>
			<body>Malignance Tabard</body>
			<hands>Malignance Gloves</hands>
			<ring1>Gere Ring</ring1>
			<ring2>Niqmaddu Ring</ring2>
			<back augment="S81366415088128541542543">Segomo's Mantle</back>
			<waist>Moonbow Belt +1</waist>
			<legs>Malignance Tights</legs>
			<feet>Malignance Boots</feet>
		</set>
		<set name="TP-HybridSB">
			<ammo>Staunch Tathlum +1</ammo>
			<body>Malignance Tabard</body>
			<ring1>Chirich Ring +1</ring1>
			<feet>Ken. Sune-Ate +1</feet>
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Impetus-Hybrid">
			<body>Bhikku Cyclas +1</body>
			<ring1>Defending Ring</ring1>
			<ring2>Gere Ring</ring2>
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Impetus-HybridSB">
			<neck>Bathy Choker</neck>
			<ear1>Digni. Earring</ear1>
			<body>Bhikku Cyclas +1</body>
			<ring1>Defending Ring</ring1>
		</set>

Capped DT(and SB on the SB versions) with sagitta. Plenty of acc and m.eva. Been using the SB sets to do dyna w2 bosses with mnk rdm brd cor pretty painlessly.
By CerberusFreaky 2020-04-11 01:24:22  
I appreciate all you guy's comments.
My sets are described in my post. I will make a few more adjustments, but that lua I got is working sooooo good. I'm old school monk (Taint can tell ya Verethragna 2012), but things change... and now days MEVA is huge, back in the days that ***was non-existent.
[+]
By Afania 2020-04-11 08:52:26  
Now to Afania. You really like to nitpick arent you? Its pretty obvious that you wont be stunned if mob has no stun, so I obviously was describing situation where you fight sonething that have stun. Again I said I have toggle for max tp set, but I rarely use it, because most of the things I use MNK for is using debuffs.

Then you could have said that in the 1st post or add that later, instead of complaining people for being "annoying" after you made it sound like defensive TP set should be a standard.

How can readers know that you only use MNK on debuff heavy fights? Of course we assume more of a general everyday use in a discussion. Even in debuff heavy fights only 2 debuffs(stun/amnesia) really hinders DPS because they can't be removed. So most of the time debuff won't be an issue. And that "meva is always an issue" is just misleading unless you make it clear that you only play MNK in certain situations.

I've met TONs of people stay in defensive sets 24/7 for EVERYTHING, so it's certainly a common practice. I didn't just randomly address an issue that never exist.

Idk why WHM was brought up, but I do have a TP set and black Halo set on WHM. So yup, +500 DPS or bust.
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 11:24:15  
Did you even read Afania?

Please explain to me how you twisted this into "meva set should be standard tp set WHEN you fight something where you wont benefit from meva"

This is clearly a deacription how meva improves DPS, not only survivability, when fighting something with stun. You just made your own interrpretation of my post and twisted it for the sake of your argument.

Its totally doesnt matter if you have meva set on toggle or max tp set on toggle. I just pointed out meva is set as standard for me, because I happen to use it more.

Even in debuff heavy fights only 2 debuffs(stun/amnesia) really hinders DPS because they can't be removed. So most of the time debuff won't be an issue.

This is such a *** to assume that every debuff will be taken care off before it affects you at all.

Blind, paralyze, plague, attack down, bio, petrification can all lower your dps significantly before you get -na. Especially if few of them are applied at the same time and WHM need to do few -na or if they come alongside big damage and curing has higher priority or if you are lowmaning and person who is -na has also other responsibilities.

Now slow can be even worse than above because it might require erase and reapplying of haste, which can take a while.

Dispel is another one that can *** you up. If you get impetus or last resort dispelled for example.

Charm is another big one (Remember that meva might not always fully resque you here, but might cut duration significantly and being charmed for 30 sec instead of 60 sec is a huge dps difference)

Even gravity can significantly lower your dps (for example in dynamis bastok if you get knocked back with gravity).

So yeah "only 2 debuffs(stun/amnesia) really hinders DPS" is such a annoying statement, that I dont even want to argue with you anymore.
[+]
By Afania 2020-04-11 11:37:58  
Did you even read Afania?

Please explain to me how you twisted this into "meva set should be standard tp set WHEN you fight something where you wont benefit from meva"

This is clearly a deacription how meva improves DPS, not only survivability, when fighting something with stun. You just made your own interrpretation of my post and twisted it for the sake of your argument.

Its totally doesnt matter if you have meva set on toggle or max tp set on toggle. I just pointed out meva is set as standard for me, because I happen to use it more.

I'm not quite interested in arguing about the wordings since we both aren't native english speakers, so there's plenty of times that we both don't get the subtle nuance that's going on.

But if you seriously want to know:

"I try to promote that on every occasion." and "because meva is almost always an issue" sounds like you are promoting it.

Then the following sentence

"Now lets say you got stunned once for 5 sec. You lose 47.5k and thats from one stun"

Out of all the debuffs, you used stuns(most extreme debuff that would hinder DPS) as an example AFTER making statemet about meva is often needed. So it sounds like stun is an issue very often, when in fact it's not.

Anyways, you can keep complaining about "reading comprehension" or whatever. That doesn't mean I purposely twist your words. It's misinformation (or information that seems wrong and needs clarification) that I replied to, not people. Just *** drop it already.

Blind, paralyze, plague, attack down, bio, petrification can all lower your dps significantly before you get -na. Especially if few of them are applied at the same time and WHM need to do few -na or if they come alongside big damage and curing has higher priority or if you are lowmaning and person who is -na has also other responsibilities.

Now slow can be even worse than above because it might require erase and reapplying of haste, which can take a while.

Dispel is another one that can *** you up. If you get impetus or last resort dispelled for example.

Charm is another big one (Remember that meva might not always fully resque you here, but might cut duration significantly and being charmed for 30 sec instead of 60 sec is a huge dps difference)

Even gravity can significantly lower your dps (for example in dynamis bastok if you get knocked back with gravity).

So yeah "only 2 debuffs(stun/amnesia) really hinders DPS" is such a annoying statement, that I dont even want to argue with you anymore.

Sure, let's add charm and dispel, 4 debuffs. Blind, para, attack down, bio should be removed in less than 5 sec most of the time, unless such attack comes with strong AOE so WHM has to prioritize cures.

In bastok Gravity can be removed with Esuna pre-emptive cast on animation. It's somewhat challenging to execute, doesn't mean it's not doable.

Edit:btw, charm in this game are mostly single target too. So usually tank gets it. Unless you are DD tanking how often did you get? So I really doubt charm should be on the list.

Edit2: forgot to mention, since meva isn't 100% resist your comparison is still not quite accurate. It's entirely possible that you sacrificed 500 DPS and stun still lands. In that case it's not that much of an improvement.
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 13:00:50  
"I try to promote that on every occasion." and "because meva is almost always an issue" sounds like you are promoting it.

Then the following sentence

"Now lets say you got stunned once for 5 sec. You lose 47.5k and thats from one stun"

Out of all the debuffs, you used stuns(most extreme debuff that would hinder DPS) as an example AFTER making statemet about meva is often needed. So it sounds like stun is an issue very often, when in fact it's not.

Anyways, you can keep complaining about "reading comprehension" or whatever. That doesn't mean I purposely twist your words. It's misinformation (or information that seems wrong and needs clarification) that I replied to, not people. Just *** drop it already.

I quoted something for a reason there.

As someone here once said “it’s only a little bit slower DPS but most enfeebs roll off of me”.

This clearly pointing out to situation where meva isnt used blindly but to not get hit by enfeebs.

I promote meva as dps increase in situation where you resist debuffs. Most people mostly think about meva defensively. I try to show that it might actually be used offensively when it helps you resist debuffs lowering you dps.

I used stun as an example because its easy to calculate and to throw as clear example that everyone can understand without much analyzing. Bio, attack down, paralayze, blind etc. would all be some hard to calculate dps loss. Stun is simple. That doesnt mean only hard and clear debuffs like stun, amnesia, charm hinders your dps.

Blind, para, attack down, bio should be removed in less than 5 sec most of the time, unless such attack comes with strong AOE so WHM has to prioritize cures.

5 sec with paralyze, slow etc is still huge dps loss. Not 100% like stun but probably anywhere from 10 to 100% dps loss. So again if your dps from using hybrid set is around 5% lower on sheet and you can get hit by 5 sec of 10-100% dps loss few times per minute, you can still get ahead in dps while using meva.

Edit2: forgot to mention, since meva isn't 100% resist your comparison is still not quite accurate. It's entirely possible that you sacrificed 500 DPS and stun still lands. In that case it's not that much of an improvement.

If you get stunned in meva its probably partialy resisted and its for example 5 sec or less instead of for example 10 you would get without meva.
By Afania 2020-04-11 13:45:25  
No, I mean if WHM start casting immediately when NM use TP move that cause para/slow/bio then these debuff will stay on DD for only a sec or two, maybe even less if WHM is Pikohan tier.

Unless the move comes with heavy damage attack that WHM has to cure first. In that case the 3 sec casting time lock out will push debuff removal speed to 5+ sec. But AFAIK tp move like that is also pretty rare.

I wouldn't use "5 sec" as a basis to discuss debuff DPS lose anyways. Because everyone has different debuff removal speed, not everyone needs 5 sec to remove a debuff. It only makes sense on stun debuff because it can't be removed.
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 14:38:27  
First of all only Pikohan is on Pikohan tier.
Second of all last time I saw WHM start casting immidietely when nm used tp move was never.
By Afania 2020-04-11 15:22:30  
Second of all last time I saw WHM start casting immidietely when nm used tp move was never.

NEVER? Wow now my feelings are hurt.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-11 15:37:42  
Immediately is a stretch, the latency in an 18man dyna run is absolutely abysmal. Even with a bot reacting to the incoming packet, I'd be hard pressed to call it instant.

I still side with Afania here though, m.eva as a DPS increase is a pipe dream. If it is truly a DPS increase, your support line is horrible(or maybe vs mob with frequent long amnesia.. none come to mind atm).
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 16:04:58  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Immediately is a stretch, the latency in an 18man dyna run is absolutely abysmal. Even with a bot reacting to the incoming packet, I'd be hard pressed to call it instant.

I still side with Afania here though, m.eva as a DPS increase is a pipe dream. If it is truly a DPS increase, your support line is horrible(or maybe vs mob with frequent long amnesia.. none come to mind atm).

Ok go fight Albumen in max tp set and meva tp set and say how it went.

EDIT: Not to mention that meva tp set is only 1% behind max tp set if you cap attack (because of PDL)
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 363 364 365