iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 296 297 298 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-01 11:04:56  
DirectX said: »
They really should let people upgrade R15 +1 necks to 15/25 +2 somehow. Maybe for 80m worth of crystals or something.

That takes incentive away from crafters and strains the already limited heroism crystal supply.

A better solution would be the ability to trade 2 of the same item of different quality, and have the lower quality item consumed in exchange for the RP being transferred to the higher quality item.

Thus, you could buy a +2 and trade your +1 and +2 to save the RP from your +1.
[+]
By Butcherb0y 2019-11-01 11:06:29  
A change of topic here. But I cant remember where I've read it, but was there a continuation to the BB quest when SoA came out. Dont remember it being mention that it was cancelled.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 11:09:14  
The shields and the heroism ***shouldnt exist either. It's JSE it should've been a series of quests to obtain and upgrade.

If they made dienamis worth doing they wouldn't need to con people into doing it with (more and more and more) gil drops.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 12:03:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The shields and the heroism ***shouldnt exist either. It's JSE it should've been a series of quests to obtain and upgrade.

If they made dienamis worth doing they wouldn't need to con people into doing it with (more and more and more) gil drops.

You are just being salty now, because you dont like Dynamis. Dynamis is worth doing exactly because of neck, su5 and relics. Its actually cool that you need to play specific job to earn RP on that job. Same concept as Omen cards and its GOOD.

Comeatmebro's idea is on the other hand very good.
[+]
 Fairy.Khory
サーバ: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-11-01 12:27:13  
Question about hundred fists:

How much better is it than standard - capped delay - melee?

is it worth WSing while under its effects?
 Fairy.Khory
サーバ: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-11-01 12:35:52  
Two birds one stone; How bad is spharai? same scenario, 800 dps behind

As the owner of a AGed Spharai, this makes me very sad.

Im almost thinking I would be better served by a Karambit...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 12:41:29  
SimonSes said: »

You are just being salty now, because you dont like Dynamis. Dynamis is worth doing exactly because of neck, su5 and relics. Its actually cool that you need to play specific job to earn RP on that job. Same concept as Omen cards and its GOOD.

Comeatmebro's idea is on the other hand very good.

Really not salt, it's just acknowledging a turd for being a turd. devs knew it was a turd too. why else did it take 10+ "adjustments".
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-01 12:42:40  
Fairy.Khory said: »
Two birds one stone; How bad is spharai? same scenario, 800 dps behind

As the owner of a AGed Spharai, this makes me very sad.

Im almost thinking I would be better served by a Karambit...

I feel like we are beating a dead horse here. DPS samples/results have been posted. Like most every job in game the "best" weapon is the one suited for the task at hand. Your n9t going to find Sauron's ring on Vanadiel
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 12:53:43  
So I'm messing around with SimonSes's spreadsheet and I'm getting some unexpected results on the first WS I tried to test (Vsmite).
I performed these tests with acc capped, att uncapped, against Apex Bat 136.
The only att buffs were Honor March, Minu5, Minu4, Chaos Roll.
Tested with Impetus Up and Down but I get the same results.
So, let's see in order which these unexpected results are, hoping someone can explain them to me:
So yeah, I'm kinda puzzled. Mostly about Hands and then Head slots.

Edit:
Oh also Fotia Belt is winning over Moonbow+1 for me :x Why is that?!
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 13:01:16  
If dDEX is in sweet spot, then ever 1DEX is 1% crit rate. Its very possible thats what is happening. Change target to something with less agi, like Apex crab for example and check again.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 13:03:45  
If dDEX is in sweet spot, then ever 1DEX is 1% crit rate. Its very possible thats what is happening. Change target to something with less agi, like Apex crab for example and check again.
This explains why Mummu+2 legs (set bonus up) wins over Kendatsuba+1 Legs, sometimes.
For instance I only had to artificially add a custom +50DEX bonus, and Mummu+2 (set) were NEVER winning over Kenda+1, they're pretty close but underneath.

Still, the dDEX thing doesn't explain the rest though.
Fotia Belt beating Moonbow+1
Hesychast+3 head beating Kenda+1
And most of all Mummu+2 hands beating Kenda+1, which really surprised me.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-01 13:11:56  
Its actually cool that you need to play specific job to earn RP on that job. Same concept as Omen cards and its GOOD.

...said every single boxer in a shell that routinely fields 18 and doesn't mind them going what they want.

Multiboxers, small groups, performance orientated players hate it. Why would I want to try to gimp my way through Kei with a MNK tank so I can get MNK cards, when I know I can do it in my sleep with a real tank and BLMs? The entire premise of FFXI is expanding your job pool to better fit all situations, then bam, you get 2 major pieces of content where you either give up half of your progression or can't use that flexibility.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 13:19:13  
I added some more att buffs to test in an att capped scenario and I didn't really notice any big difference, I still get the same win/lose I noticed in my previous post.

Only exception being the JSE Neck+2 which obviously wins, and by a large margin too, way larger than I expected it to be, wow.

I dunno I'm confused. I can understand the dDex thing on the legs, I can't explain the other things though.
Especially after we went on for who knows how many pages in this thread saying that Moonbow+1 > Fotia and that STR/DA cape > STR/WSD cape.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 13:21:19  
When you actually look at the sheets, going to see all kinds of weird ***. Artificially inflate the accuracy with bolster torpor and see what comes up.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 13:23:13  
When you actually look at the sheets, going to see all kinds of weird ***. Artificially inflate the accuracy with bolster torpor and see what comes up.
I already capped acc by manually adding a +500 accuracy and noticing that adding more wasn't changing anything.

I normally always cap accuracy when I test stuff in spreadsheet, I sort out Accuracy in my sets in a different way, I use the spreadsheet to test other things normally.

Edit:
To make things clear, I'm getting this set to win in the spreadsheet, to my big surprise.

Didn't notice any difference with Impetus up, other than the obvious Bhikku+1 body in place of Anchorite+3
By Pantafernando 2019-11-01 13:30:24  
Butcherb0y said: »
A change of topic here. But I cant remember where I've read it, but was there a continuation to the BB quest when SoA came out. Dont remember it being mention that it was cancelled.

Well they added the "ilv" version of BB but obtainable not through quests but by tossing a good amount of cash.

Its a good belt. I dont think anyone need a new version ofBB
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-01 13:41:45  
Should bear in mind that VSmite’s STR Mod is 80% so the 20 STR on Moonbow +1 is really adding 16 damage to your WSC before being multiplied by your http://fTP. VSmite is a Rolling fTP now so it’s adding anywhere from .4 to .8 your total fTP which can be substantial.

Not saying Fotia should be winning, just saying that Fotia should be VERY hard to overtake for this type of WS. Maybe you have a high amount of Multi-Hit in the WS sets? High enough to give VSmite enough average hits to put Fotia ahead?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 13:47:04  
I posted the set I use above, under spoiler.

Tested it with att uncapped, att capped, Impetus up and down.
Same results in all these scenarios.

It's quite different from what some people have been discussing for many pages these past few weeks.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 13:52:55  
I'm not getting any of that tbh. In every slot you mentioned its different. Mummu +2 losing (how you even got mummu+2? there was none in my sheet), Ele belt losing. Everything is different. Are you using this in google sheets or you downloaded it and using in some other program? Do you have the right sheet? xD

EDIT: Oh I changed to to Apex Crab and added frailty, since you said it's the same with capped attack and I wanted to avoid ddex sweet spot.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 14:02:51  
I of course added my Herc and Mummu+2 (both simple and set bonus) manually.
Takes 2 seconds really.

I downloaded it and I'm using it with Office 360, no error whatsoever as far as I can tell.
I downloaded the sheet this morning, i.e. not many hours ago.

I had to manually fix the Moonshade though (it had 250 instead of 250%), again, easy fix.

I manually capped accuracy.
I tested in 4 scenarios:

Att uncapped no Imp (Honor March, Minuet 5, Minuet 5, Chaos Roll)
Att uncapped Imp (as above, but with Impetus up)
Att capped No Imp (HM, Minu5, Minu4, Minu3, Minu2, Chaos Roll, Fury, Frailty)
Att capped Imp (as above, with Impetus up)

Didn't see any difference in any of these scenarios, other than the already mentioned things (ddex for legs, Bhikku+1 with Impetus up)

Ah, last but not least, target was Apex Bat 136, def down 15%, no impact.
No food, no other buff.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 14:30:58  
Dont check on apex bat. It has 303 AGI and Vsmite set is somewhere between 320 and 350 dex usually. You are hitting dDEX sweet spot sometimes and every peice that push you from 342 DEX to 353 DEX will be like +10% crit rate.

Relic+3 head can easily win with Kenda when attack isnt capped, because its only slightly behind with attack capped. 4%TA on Vsmite is around +0.24 fTP, WSD+10% is +0.15 fTP, so it's not that far. Relic has 7 more STR which probably evens this out. What makes Kendatusba win at attack capped (im getting Kenda+1 winning by 300+ damage then) it 5%crit rate. 70 attack more on relic+3 easily beats that for uncapped attack tho.

Moonshade slightly winning under impetus down, but not under impetus up. Which is normal, especially with low dDEX and using WSD on cape instead of crit.

WSD cape wins for some configurations, but when you start adding more crit damage items like 5% feet and 6% head(which actually lowers crit rate in those slots too), then crit cape finally pulls ahead.

I cant find any situation where Moonbow belt +1 loses to ele belt tho. Whatever I do its always almost 1k or more drop in WS damage.
By Aerix 2019-11-01 15:12:46  
Dont check on apex bat. It has 303 AGI and Vsmite set is somewhere between 320 and 350 dex usually. You are hitting dDEX sweet spot sometimes and every peice that push you from 342 DEX to 353 DEX will be like +10% crit rate.

Relic+3 head can easily win with Kenda when attack isnt capped, because its only slightly behind with attack capped. 4%TA on Vsmite is around +0.24 fTP, WSD+10% is +0.15 fTP, so it's not that far. Relic has 7 more STR which probably evens this out. What makes Kendatusba win at attack capped (im getting Kenda+1 winning by 300+ damage then) it 5%crit rate. 70 attack more on relic+3 easily beats that for uncapped attack tho.

Moonshade slightly winning under impetus down, but not under impetus up. Which is normal, especially with low dDEX and using WSD on cape instead of crit.

WSD cape wins for some configurations, but when you start adding more crit damage items like 5% feet and 6% head(which actually lowers crit rate in those slots too), then crit cape finally pulls ahead.

I cant find any situation where Moonbow belt +1 loses to ele belt tho. Whatever I do its always almost 1k or more drop in WS damage.

I'm not getting the same results as Sechs for the other stuff, but Anchorite body+3 is massively beating Kenda body+1 on VSmite for some reason, whether Impetus is up or down. That's with capped Accuracy/Attack and artifiically DEX to cap dDEX. I downloaded the most recent version of your spreadsheet without making any custom modifications.

I was under the impression we had concluded Kenda+1 body was BiS for VSmite when Impetus is down as the TA was really valuable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 15:14:06  
Ok, head situation is explained, you didn't mention the hand slot though, that thing still puzzles me a lot, I really can't believe Mummu+2 goes ahead of Kenda+1.

Regardless, performing more tests in 4 scenarios I described above, using Apex Crab instead of the Bat.

Acc capped, Att Uncapped, No Impetus

Acc capped, Att uncapped, Impetus up

Acc Capped, Att Capped, Impetus down

I'll spare your time about the Acc Capped, Att Capped, Impetu sup setup.
Kenda+1 head wins over Hesy+3 (single digit, pretty meh).
Kenda+1 Hands still lose to Mummu+2 (omg, why! ><)
Same behaviour of win/lose for belt and back slots as well.

Basically only head sees a (small) difference.
I guess the additional Crit damage from Impetus makes the +crit on Kendahead slightly more important, bringing Kenda+1 basically on par with Hesy+3?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-01 15:15:10  
@Aerix

Ancho+3 beats Kenda+1 body with Impetus down for Vsmite, not "massively", but definitely ahead.
Bhikku+1 is MILES ahead of Ancho+3 though, with Impetus up.
By Aerix 2019-11-01 15:18:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
@Aerix

Ancho+3 beats Kenda+1 body with Impetus down for Vsmite, not "massively", but definitely ahead.
Bhikku+1 is MILES ahead of Ancho+3 though, with Impetus up.

Yeah, I worded that badly. Anchorite+3 beats Kenda+1 by a decent margin with Impetus down, but massively when Impetus is up. But when Impetus is up then Bhikku+1 is non-negotiable anyway.

Regardless, I still thought it was supposed to be Kenda+1 > Anchorite+3 from what I remember of the previous pages.
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 16:03:23  
Ok guys you need to understand that many pieces will work differently when you start changing pieces around them.

Why you are surprised by Mummu+2 hands being super close to Kendatsuba +1? 6%DA is very close to 4%TA (its actually the same before you count in DA diminishing value from having TA), then Mummu has 1% more crit rate and 2 more STR. If you take away TA from head, belt and body (like you did by choosing Relic head, ele belt and AF+3 body), then 6%DA loses almost nothing to 4%TA and its obvious that Mummu +2 will be same or better.

Same thing for Anchorite body +1 (which was always VERY close to Kendatsuba +1). If you take away crit damage from feet and hands, then you are boosting value of crit damage on AF body. In perfect setup I have Anchorite loosing, but not by much.

Ok so I tried to go down to what you have Seshs (I manipulated attack a little with getting def down to 25%) and on Crab with with 48% Total crit rate, 8% total crit damage (AF+3 body), Main WS avg non crit pdif 3.2053 I'm getting 21026 damage with:

When I change ele belt to Moonbow +1 Im getting 23270, which is a massive damage up over gorget. I even double checked and put nothing as belt and changed ftp on vsmite to 1.6 to simulate ele belt that way to check if its working the same (it was 21046, not sure why 20 damage more but probably some rounding somewhere). So yeah, I have no idea why you are getting moonbow belt+1 losing.

Now I changed things to this:

and I got 26148 and in this setup Kendatsuba body was winning over AF+3 by like 270 damage.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-11-01 17:04:01  
Sorry, I was kinda hastily posting and should have clarified. I was never using Sechs's setup to test VSmite, but the supposed BiS without Impetus and still had Kenda+1 losing.

This is with capped Accuracy/Attack including PDL on Apex Bats 136. Neither Gorget nor capped dDEX tip the scales in Kenda +1's favor.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 17:18:21  
Do you have rogue's roll on? That would be why.

Whatever % you set fighter's too could sway it too (22, what its at is a lucky regal roll with war/hat)

Every box you tick, every number you bump, you're going to get shifts in gear. It's all close enough that any seemingly small change changes the gearset.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-01 17:44:26  
You sure thats without impetus? I cant even get close to that number without Impetus with this setup, but when i turn impetus up its still not there but much closer. I also use chaos+sam.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 17:51:45  
It takes rogues roll to get there, thats why i asked; 34910 closest I've gotten

(overrounds too, that's an important number)
First Page 2 3 ... 296 297 298 ... 363 364 365