New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 363 364 365
By Aerix 2019-10-14 17:35:25  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
It might be worth trying.

It brings that 7% WSD, an acc bonus and a conserve tp bonus. The high jump can be useful too. I wouldnt put too much stock in jump/high jump normally though since the lengthy CDs.

But as far as JA's go, War is giving berserk (capped atk already), aggressor (nice acc bonus), and defender (lol). Oh and warcry (but we are already atk capped like listed above).

So there is a good chance its one of the better options now. Plus, if kicks can trigger on a jump, I have extra reasons... because flying kick attack.

What are you fighting that you are assuming constant Attack cap without Berserk or 1hrs?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-14 17:42:48  
Literally everything, hasn't been beaten to death yet?
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-14 17:50:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I knew you were going to comment on this. It was inevitable. :P
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-14 17:51:42  
Aerix said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I knew you were going to comment on this. It was inevitable. :P

Is it NOT the truth?

But yo, 7% more damage on every hit of a ws is a pretty good trade off for 10da. 15 STP for /sam isn't terrible either. they're all reasonable choices.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 17:56:54  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
I use /SAM. My TP set have 41% Triple attack. So any DA is irrelevant at this point. My ambuscade cape have 10 STP for the same reasons and i only need 8 Hits get 1k tp.

Soloing: Sylvie + qultada + Dia III put me very close to cap attack on most of the stuff is soleable without crazythings like "soloing omen" etc lol

Tp-Burns: You have 2 supports always mandatory + Dia II at least. So you will be capping attack

Zergs: You are hyper-buffed

I need test /DRG but i dont want to lose my 8 hits build on my MNK sekka and medidate. I feel /DRG more suited for SAM

Will you lose your 8 hit if you drop sam? and how easy would it be to swap a few items to maintain your 8 hit for going /drg?

After all, conserve TP might help make up a few bits here and there, but 7% WSD on all hits is pretty big, especially since mnk is probably the king of multi hit WS.

Actually, would you mind just posting your TP set so I can see what it looks like <~<
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-14 18:16:00  
Actually, if Attack isn't an issue I think /SAM could be pretty decent. At least you'd have Hasso to build TP on Staff for Shell Crusher if you are the only heavy DD in the party. Could be nice in Ambu with several monsters that need Defense Down.

Of course, could also just make the RUN do it with Lycurgos.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 18:21:32  
I had not considered Mnk/Run. Then again, in that sort of concept, you could also look at Mnk/Blu.
By kaiju9 2019-10-14 18:41:04  
I see a lot of comments along the lines of "use JSE if attack capped, Fotia if uncapped," and I'm curious: For those of you who maintain capped/uncapped attack sets, how to you decide when you're attack capped?

I imagine the answer is easy if you're A) In a super-buffed alliance, or B) Soloing with trusts. But what about the middle ground? Say, non-SP BRD/COR/GEO buffs, where maybe some buffs go towards accuracy and/or defensive stuff like MEVA. Or, same situation, but using SP.

I admit, I'm not very familiar with the math, but then again, I usually don't know the mob's stats anyway, other than the few examples I've seen in DPS spreadsheets. For a concrete example, does anyone know how much attack I would need to be capped against an Omen boss (using H2H)?

And follow-up question, do you just use a manual gearswap toggle to select the right set, or are there luas that try to estimate capped vs. uncapped based on current player info?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-14 19:10:31  
the only way to know if you’re capped on attack without the mobs stats to say for sure is if your lowest and highest auto attack are within a 5% or less range.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-14 19:24:43  
If you play MNK a lot you will be probably able to tell my damage on auto, if you are capped or not. If you play monk once per month and you dont "feel" it, then write down somewhere the range of max damage auto for each h2h and compare.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-14 19:29:43  
Im tempted to make Vere now... I read something about it being nerfed. Did they reduce its double-triple dmg or something?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-14 19:29:48  
There is no middle ground. You either take 3 geos 5 song bard and 3 cors or you don't do content.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 19:36:22  
Eyeballing it works for people who know what they’re looking at. A lot of people bringing support assume attack is capped on anything they fight, but they really don’t know.
By Nariont 2019-10-14 19:47:33  
Artsncrafts said: »
I read something about it being nerfed.

Its nerfed in the sense that h2h AMs/en-effects are generally ***, in veres case its only 1 proc on the main or off-fist, forget which, instead of any hit of 1 of the fists like is the case for AM on say DW weapon like *** allowing OTD on any of the *** swings, so its "nerfed" in that sense
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-14 19:48:02  
Nariont said: »
Artsncrafts said: »
I read something about it being nerfed.

Its nerfed in the sense that h2h AMs/en-effects are generally ***, in veres case its only 1 proc on the main or off-fist, forget which, instead of any hit of 1 of the fists like most DW weapons work, so its "nerfed" in that sense

ewwwww ty for warning me
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 19:53:43  

I will do 99999 eventually <~<
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 20:27:40  
Because i'm still kinda new to WS formulas and the like.

For something like howling fist, (20% Str, 50% Vit), would it be better to take vit or str on the cape?

Normally that value would lead me to think Vit, but there is also the fSTR part of the damage formula, so I am kinda confused on which is more potent.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-14 20:30:12  

For something like howling fist, (20% Str, 50% Vit), would it be better to take vit or str on the cape?

Normally that value would lead me to think Vit, but there is also the fSTR part of the damage formula, so I am kinda confused on which is more potent.

In all likelihood you would go with STR for more practical reasons such as "Works for other WS" and "adds attack if you're not capped". Absolute max damage will probably be for VIT, but I don't think that tiny difference is worth it considering how viable those two reasons are for a STR cape.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-14 20:32:37  
As mentioned on the pages previously, I just decided to make two capes, since I also use final heaven. I just double the vit cape as a chakra piece.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 20:34:29  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

In all likelihood you would go with STR for more practical reasons such as "Works for other WS" and "adds attack if you're not capped". Absolute max damage will probably be for VIT, but I don't think that tiny difference is worth it considering how viable those two reasons are for a STR cape.

Oh, I would use a str cape for other WS anyway. I was just curious as to what sort of difference you would see in focusing str over vit in gear when there is a 30% stat difference, but fSTR is still a thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-14 20:41:04  
If you are totally capped vit might get you an extra 100~ damage
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 20:48:55  
Thanks. I figured it probably was not much, but the math on WSs is a bit beyond me without really digging into it to understand all the various formulas.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-15 01:00:02  
Asura.Topace said: »
I’m still using destroyers.
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
OG Monk confirmed, brought me back over a decade.

Perhaps my MNK lockstyle, which I will use when I play MNK for as long as FFXI exists, will be of some interest :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-15 01:30:06  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
This ***is making me anxious & depressed. Go back the time at 2007 k? ♥
SE needs to make a classic version of FFXI for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 01:34:11  
[+]
 Fairy.Khory
サーバ: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-15 07:00:47  
So, playing around with MNK...

Using basically a thrown toegether set made of adhemar, with sparks weapon. So not a really great comparasion. But serves to give a baseline. I was farming pulse weapons, so having the behemoth as a target. Not attack capped, not super buffed, only trusts and a friendly geo that kept meva bubbles.

White damage is similar to my dual wield WAR. And my DW war has a fairly good DW set. So far, expected - that was always MNKs strong point. Less damage/hit, but more hits normally. AND I have to consider that I was using a sparks weapon, so trash....

WS wise... its weird. As a point of comparasion, Decimation was doing 18-21k normally. Peaks don't really count as that thing can spike hard (up to 46k once).

Asuran Fists feels really meh. Was doing somewhere between 4 and 8k. Probably closer to 7-8.

Victory smite I played only a bit. But seemed like 8-12k. Considering my poor set and weapon, I believe it wouldnt be impossible to get it to consistent 14k.

Raging Fists is meh at 1k tp. But once you get close to 2k, it overtakes VS and AF. Close to 2k tp, I was consistently doing 12-14k, with a few spikes. Again, considering the bad gear it is not shabby at all. If you have Godhands then it is likely to overtake VS from the get go because of the TP scaling. And it gets better the higher your tp, so all win.

Howling fist... Now, that thing is fun. Yeah, not consistent AT ALL, but since I was not capping atk, its atk bonus really showed. At around 2kTP it was doing almost 18k damage, with wild spikes. At 3kTP, damage climbed a bit to around 28ish, but again, wild spikes. Triple attack with transfer fTP and a decent chunk of fTP to begin with will make it easily get to 50ish.
However, I do not think my HF can get that much better. I mean, yeah, there is a lot of gear for it that I am missing, but the biggest issue holding my WSes seemed to be the lack of atk, and HF has a big bonus there, so it is actually much closer to the cap than anything else. Might be a decent WS to swap in some malignant gear, IF I HAD ANY
tl;dr

MNK is fun, and is back to being interesting again. Having different WS options for different TP levels also feel fairly interesting.

My MNk had not seen the light of day since before adoulin.... this is... refreshing, actually.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 07:12:34  
Fairy.Khory said: »
So, playing around with MNK...
MNK is fun, and is back to being interesting again. Having different WS options for different TP levels also feel fairly interesting.

My MNk had not seen the light of day since before adoulin.... this is... refreshing, actually.

FTFY and filtered everything that is interesting in your post XD

I mean I dont want to be mean, but there was no point in listing those numbers. They are totally irrelevant. Gimped weapon, unknown buffs, unknown equip. Do you even know if you was accuracy capped? Bg wiki says you need around 1350 acc for that Behe and with only trusts with spark weapon it might actually be problematic.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-15 07:23:21  
I’m not sure what weapons you were using but H2H Damage works out to around 200~250 DMG with capped Skill depending on what weapon you’re using. Your individual hits should be a great deal stronger than anything you can dual wield because your fists are like Dual-Wielding Polearms or Great-Katakanas.

I’m happy that you’re enjoying it but it seems something is off in there.
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 363 364 365