フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-28 01:09:57  
Haven't seen that said, where'd you see it? These are supposed to be rema equivalent, so it shouldn't work on "off hand punches"
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-28 02:18:48  
Other than TP/MEva builds, anything Kendatsuba Samue +1 is good for that I'm not thinking of?
By SimonSes 2018-09-28 03:45:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Haven't seen that said, where'd you see it? These are supposed to be rema equivalent, so it shouldn't work on "off hand punches"

If it's rema equivalent it shouldn't even work on multi attack on main hand.
 Odin.Horu
サーバ: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-09-28 05:30:56  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

If it's rema equivalent it shouldn't even work on multi attack on main hand.
i thought its power/strengths are REMA equivalent, its not actually a REMA tho, its more a JSE
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-04 02:42:59  

I hope to god they don't undo the WSD transfer.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-10-04 03:23:12  
damn nice number ! could you put your set and i guess footwork up.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-04 03:36:57  
question is, keep the WSD transfer and have a few WSs that a more OP from before, or remove the current (Fix) and lose what brings monk closer to being a DPS? or hope like no tomorrow that if they do remove the values, that they make plans to reinstate such values at a later date for WSs that need it most?

Or they could have done what was suggested originally and have monk's WSs ftp transfer to all hits, you lose WSD but gain ftp
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-04 03:44:53  
Asura.Psylo said: »
ItemSet 361806

Will go even higher when the hands/feet are +3 and the Neck is capped out (currently lv.10).

Yep, during footwork.

Still get good numbers without it being up. Fighter's Roll makes the difference, don't really need Chaos Roll since powered up Frailty and Entrust-Fury, plus Bard songs pretty much sorts out pDIF.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-04 03:46:39  

I'm happy with that
that says DMG instead of Damage (Just like its stated a aug line below).
Is that FH WS dmg like the hidden effect or your weapon (Rank?) DMG during FH is increased by 20%?

286 + 24 dmg (From first slot aug) = 306 dmg + 20% (Second slot aug) = 367.2 DMG?

or hidden dmg is increased from 40% to 60%?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-04 06:01:07  
Pfffff Rua neck +1, GIMP! (Just kidding, just kidding xD)
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-10-04 06:59:34  
Damn it rua I don't want to have to buy that neck ; ;. I suppose as a career mnk I should have it anyways.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-04 07:20:08  
I'm positive if they undo the wsd transfer, they will mess something up in the process. Leave it the way it is
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-04 10:31:42  
I didn't see a straight answer on BGWiki. What's the Cap on Subtle Blow II? Is it 50% too?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-04 10:39:41  
Asura.Cair said: »
Update:

I maintain 4tp/fist with just the augmented Sagitta and Moonbow Belt +1 (25% + 15%), so SBII cap is at least 50%, but the total cap is 75%.
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-04 10:42:16  
Thank you!
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-06 14:21:23  
Just testing the waters here, what do people make of a dedicated Counterstance build now? I personally think it's going to be easier to legitimately make work with the addition of the Sagitta.

ItemSet 361861

37% Counter base rate assuming merits/gifts.
11% Counter rate from equipment.
48% Counter base.
66% Counter rate from Counterstance.
Cap is 80% so one could take merits out of Counter rate.

+15% Subtle Blow (caps the base value at 50%)
+25% Subtle Blow II (absolute cap)
-31% Damage Taken
-10% Physical Damage Taken
Counter critical hit rate +45%
Counter attack damage +44%
Counterstance Active: Counter rate capped at +80%

Sagitta are on A Path for the Store TP and the Double Damage (wonder if that procs on Counter...). It's a shame the set doesn't fully cap out DT/PDT but it comes close to it. You could take the Niqmaddu Ring out for Vocane Ring and put yourself at 48%, but you lose the Subtle Blow II... might be a worthwhile trade though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-06 14:23:39  
Even with 50% DT you'll still get obliterated by a tp move with counterstance up, the penalty is just too high for anything that isn't a trash mob.

It's better, I think to just not use counterstance, since you can get a ton of counter+ without it
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-06 14:33:50  
Yeah, losing half of your def is almost like taking double damage from the mob you're fighting. It feels terribly risky imo.

I think spharai with 10% counter cape can put you at 72%. It's almost interesting at that point already.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-06 16:19:53  
Counterstance is a terrible move currently and the only use it has is fighting something weak like erucas where they cannot harm you with TP moves. Actually, Spharai makes a far better counter build weapon.

Here a set I made previously and ask use now

ItemSet 360121

This set puts you around 76%, though I lack the counter earring. Cape is counter augment. The extra counter stats are cool but you do give up Dt To make this work
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-10-06 18:25:18  
Gearing specifically for counter seems pretty ... counter-intuitive unless you're running around solo

Consider:
- You can only counter physical attacks
- You cannot counter TP moves
- In meaningful situations the mob will probably be debuffed and attacking irregularly
- If there's more than one mob, you need to position them all to face you

It's really not something you want or need to intentionally give up other stats for.

Maybe situationally useful for supertanking? But not with Counterstance, for sure.
[+]
By Nekseus 2018-10-06 18:34:54  
counterstance was nice for spinning attack'n gears in salvage v2 5 years ago(they didnt use any TP moves). now... idk wth counterstance is good for to merit making a set for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-06 18:39:26  
I remember doing that the day they changed counterstance... then getting hit for a *** 12k plague swipe or something utterly bananas.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-06 18:58:31  
ItemSet 361864

So I'm really aiming for something like that.

Best get working on Spharai then.

37% from gifts/merits.
40% from gear.
Subtle Blow capped from Spharai AM and the Adhemar Bonnet +1.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-06 19:19:18  
Best use for counterstance IMO is for Gorger or Fu, to cripple him. Only thing is, your tank will get destroyed if he's engaged.

Counter set is occasionally useful though; Sometimes I would prefer to not get hit, and a mix of DT+counters is pretty neat for last sliver survival. But it's pretty absurd getting hit by a Transcended Mandragora for a double-attack counter'd counterstance round for 2k dmg. Its literally a death sentence unless whatever you are fighting cannot harm you, in which case, counterstance is hardly useful then.
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2018-10-06 19:27:29  
Ruaumoko said: »
ItemSet 361864

So I'm really aiming for something like that.

Best get working on Spharai then.

37% from gifts/merits.
40% from gear.
Subtle Blow capped from Spharai AM and the Adhemar Bonnet +1.

You can replace spharai with jolt counters (+1). I think they're even better for what you're trying to achieve.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-10-06 20:40:20  

I'm late to the party but what TP ranges were those under? I have been LONGING to pick up MNK again (I love most DDs but MNK was very fun for me before it was.. Forgotten..) so if this is 2k+ (Boosts from Godhands and Moonshade @1250) that's just lovely.
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-06 20:58:52  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I'm late to the party but what TP ranges were those under? I have been LONGING to pick up MNK again (I love most DDs but MNK was very fun for me before it was.. Forgotten..) so if this is 2k+ (Boosts from Godhands and Moonshade @1250) that's just lovely.
1500-2000% was the range.

Footwork up for all samples presented, Boost used on the one that nearly hit 60k. I've since upgraded the AF Hands to +3 so that's another 5% WSD.

Fighter's Roll is what really powers up Tornado Kick since odds are you're not going to have a lot of Double Attack in it's WSD/Kick set. Buffs were...

Honor March / Victory March / Minuet V / Madrigal
Indi-Fade / Geo-Frailty (Blaze/Ecliptic) / Entrust-Fury
Samurai Roll / Fighter's Roll (Crooked Cards)
Berserk / Aggressor / Footwork

GEO pretty much sorting out pDIF lets the COR use Fighter's Roll over Chaos Roll, that's a trick I often see people missing.
By Afania 2018-10-06 21:27:22  
GEO pretty much sorting out pDIF lets the COR use Fighter's Roll over Chaos Roll, that's a trick I often see people missing.

Mostly because fury/frailty often isn't enough to cap attack(at least for lower attack jobs like cor), plus many ws like torc fudo don't get much benefit from it. And even if frailty+ fury caps attack indi bubble slot is often more useful on defensive buffs.

Basically fighters roll shouldn't be a "standard" DD buff in a 2 roll setup doing semi high lv content unless you are really really sure that pdif is capped with absolutely zero doubt, and don't need defensive buffs at all.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-10-06 21:41:00  
ItemSet 361806

Will go even higher when the hands/feet are +3 and the Neck is capped out (currently lv.10).

Yep, during footwork.

Still get good numbers without it being up. Fighter's Roll makes the difference, don't really need Chaos Roll since powered up Frailty and Entrust-Fury, plus Bard songs pretty much sorts out pDIF.
What's on your Cape and Herc Vest? Str/WSD? or DA?
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-06 22:04:26  
Asura.Topace said: »
What's on your Cape and Herc Vest? Str/WSD? or DA?
STR/WSD on both.

Took an absolute age to get the two together on the body though.

Afania said: »

Mostly because just fury/frailty isn't enough to cap attack(at least for lower attack jobs like cor), plus many ws like torc fudo don't get much benefit from it. And even if frailty+ fury caps attack indi bubble slot is often more useful on defensive buffs.

Basically fighters roll shouldn't be a "standard" DD buff in a 2 roll setup doing semi high lv content unless you are really really sure that pdif is capped with absolutely zero doubt, and don't need defensive buffs at all.
Fair point but here's my math, feel free to chip in on it if it's off.

Geomancy (Assuming Idris)
Geo-Frailty = 41.8% (41% because it rounds down)
Blaze/Ecliptic = 73%
Bolster = 82%
Indi-Fury (Entrust) = 34%

Enfeebling Magic
Dia II = 10% Defense Down (20% with double Light Shot)

Bard Songs (Assuming BiS)
Honor March (Marcato) = +348 Attack
Honor March (Soul Voice) = +646 Attack
Minuet V (Soul Voice) = +446 Attack

Self-buffs
Berserk = 25% Attack Bonus
Footwork = 24% Attack Bonus to Kicks and Dragon/Tornado.

We're looking at over 100% Defense Down during Bolster, nearly the same during Blaze/Ecliptic and 59% Attack Bonus, 83% during Footwork. Also have to add +1092 Attack from Bard songs. If that's not capping pDIF on Omen-level NMs then I'll be very shocked.

Chaos Roll at it's absolute best will get you a 75% Attack Bonus, we're talking XI Crooked roll with the job-specific bonus kicking in. I've done enough Omen runs to notice a positive difference when subbing Chaos Roll out for Fighters/Monks/Rogues (depending on the DD in the group). Anecdotal I know but I'll need to go get some more concrete data to go on. In due course.
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 363 364 365