users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-20 01:59:29  
Decided to mess around on MNK tonight. No dedicated 'tests' because I'll admit, I'm not the best in that department in terms of perfecting the scenarios. So this is all anecdotal.

All of my WSs seemed to be consistently higher than I remember them being, and I havent played CP MNK in about two weeks or so. Shijin surprisinglu hit 19k once, which I have never seen before, Smite hit fairly high when buffed as well, and remained consistent. RF was in the more consistent amounts, but not amazingly impressive from what I remember. Truthfully, the eyeball test showed consistently better WS damage, but not broken numbers when using full WSD set for all WS. I started all of my fights on Apex Eruca, but switched to Raptors since their defense is lower and no Cocoons (I wanted to see spike numbers)

Interesting, 3k tp, indi frailty (entrusted from sylvie), sylvie indi haste, dia 4 (upgraded from qultada), Chaos Roll, berserk, aggressor, focus(apparently wore in SS), 3k TP Boosted HF vs Apex Raptor pumped out my highest fodder ws to date

Was able to hit this 3k tp unboosted

then this with impetus up and same buffs (unboosted, 2950 tp)

So there is definitely something up, to the point that even HF bumped up a bit. I even saw some pretty nice FHs, so this is not a fluke, it really is improved. Not a whole lot, but welcome for MNK at least.

edit: warcry was up as well, and I used shukuyu feet footwork for the TK

edit2

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 02:07:44  
Do just a couple boost/no boost for the hell of it. RF
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-20 02:11:59  
Boosted

Unboosted (warcry wore)

Both were 3000 TP and fighter's roll was on as well

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 02:23:48  
Ok, well, i've got no answers, but; all 175 tp returns

Only thing I've got is I'm so attack starved (literally zero buffs) that boost is actually doing something.

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-20 02:34:44  
Bukki if you did your tests after the patch there seems to be a "bug".
WSD atm seems to affect ALL HITS of a WS.

Nobody knows if it's meant to be or a bug that will be soon fixed, but atm this is how things seem to be after the september 2018 patch.

This *could* be the reason why you're seeing, in general, higher numbers than you used to.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-09-20 07:10:39  
Whoosh. They were specifically trying to contribute to the discussion on the "bug."
[+]
 Odin.Horu
サーバ: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-09-20 07:19:08  
as a member of the monk comunity, i'd like to think this is a feature, not a bug /cough cough (Don't fix plz)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-20 07:25:00  
Odin.Horu said: »
as a member of the monk comunity, i'd like to think this is a feature, not a bug /cough cough (Don't fix plz)
Don't think this makes any sense honestly.
Don't mean it in an offensive way towards you!

It's just that this "bug" benefits, sorta, all jobs. It would be like you said if it granted special benefit to MNK in particular but since this is not the case it doesn't seem to me that it would change anything to the purpose of getting MNK closer to the other DDs.
Sure MNK's WS just got better, but so did pretty much most (all?) of the other DDs' WSs so we're back to square one.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-09-20 07:31:32  
But it doesn't benefit SAM so SE can't let us keep it...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-20 07:31:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Don't think this makes any sense honestly.
Don't mean it in an offensive way towards you!

It's just that this "bug" benefits, sorta, all jobs. It would be like you said if it granted special benefit to MNK in particular but since this is not the case it doesn't seem to me that it would change anything to the purpose of getting MNK closer to the other DDs.
Sure MNK's WS just got better, but so did pretty much most (all?) of the other DDs' WSs so we're back to square one.

Not necessarily. This will be an improvement to all jobs in some capacity, but it's fairly minor for THF since we already stacked WSD and it only adds damage if we triple attack or with the offhand hit. This will likely add far more to monks damage than to THF's damage, as is likely the case for a number of other jobs, so it should be an overall gain for Monk.
By SimonSes 2018-09-20 07:32:40  

In the sense of boosting monk, this is cool feature. In the sense of relative power of monk vs top DDs and MNK being relevant DD in end game content, not so much.

MNK might be even futher behind jobs using Resolution now.
[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-20 08:23:21  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

You got jinpu dint you?
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-20 08:31:10  
Nariont said: »

You got jinpu dint you?

Hybrid WSs are usually overlooked, so it doesn't surprise me he haven't thought about it this time too.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 09:12:58  
Rana, shoha, jinpu would all benefit.

And no one tested yet if multi attacks on single hit ws benefit. So every ws could be benefiting.
By SimonSes 2018-09-20 09:22:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rana, shoha, jinpu would all benefit.

And no one tested yet if multi attacks on single hit ws benefit. So every ws could be benefiting.

I'm sure multi attack proc benefit too, but single attack WSs tends to have most fTP on first hit, so even if you add 50% WSD to Rudra's sub hand and for example triple attack proc, it will now only additionally boost 3 fTP out of 13-16 fTP total. But yeah that's still some improvement.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 09:26:43  
Yeah, like rudra is only going to see like a 2k damage improvement (lol... only...)
More is infact more though
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-09-20 11:20:47  

Get that exalted spear and go play with stardiver on SAM! :D
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-26 19:40:28  
Pretty certain the SBII cap is 25.

: )
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-26 19:57:43  
Did you path B some Sagitta? =o

They would have access to 50% SB and 50% SBII + w/e the 10% Gift is

25% would be a weird spot to cap it, but was pretty certain they would never let it hit zero tp given
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-26 20:17:37  
I didn't include the gifts since those aren't really specified as SBII specifically, and I don't have a way to test on another job or without gifts at the moment. So just considering gear, I did a brief test in Ballista:

I'm wearing full Kendatsuba, so my SB is always capped.

Variable SB II:
- Unaugged Sagitta for identical delay : 0
- Sagitta max rank path B : 25
- Moonbow Belt +1 : 15
- Niqmaddu Ring : 5
- Sherida Earring 5

* I feed 4TP / fist with everything equipped.
* I feed 4TP / fist with just augmented Sagitta equipped
* I feed 4TP with unaugged Sagitta and Moonbow, Niqmaddu and Sherida equipped
* I feed 5TP a hit with just Moonbow and Niqmaddu

I also got charmed in Dynamis and hit my mule with everything equipped and it was still 4 tp/fist. I guess player TP gain could be different than monster, but I kinda doubt it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-26 23:31:33  
If that is truly the case, then this is another bad MNK joke. The Chakra +50/HP+400 augment was bad enough, but this right here would mean that augment is literally useless.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-27 00:08:57  
No, that's not actually true.

It may not be great, but it means your sb stays fully capped during all ws. (when you wouldn't be wearing 5/5 Kend for example)

....Not that anyone should ever actually get them, or use them. But that's another topic.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-27 00:21:29  
If SB II caps at 25, and it isn't just I+II capping at 75, then what you're saying wouldn't even be true either since Moonbow, Niqmaddu, and Sherida are all pretty good WS pieces.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-27 00:25:20  
One would assume that the SB cap is 75, not specifically 25 SBII

Like you could run 25 SBI and 50 SBII, it should work.

35% @ 99 +10(gifts?) + 15+5+5 you'd still get 5(~15) from the weapon!

and! WHEN they come up with things that give subtle blow minus (new gear, like that bruisers earring, ace's mail etc)
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-27 02:38:40  
I'll check that tomorrow, I forgot to consider that and my time was kind of limited.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-27 19:37:29  
Update:

I maintain 4tp/fist with just the augmented Sagitta and Moonbow Belt +1 (25% + 15%), so SBII cap is at least 50%, but the total cap is 75%.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-28 00:51:35  
DirectX said: »
So there is no point in going with the subtle blow augment?

No. Yes

No.

The SBII path is still the Follow Up attacks path, I don't know which would be considered the superior option, Path A or B though, even without SBII.

Wouldn't even consider buying them since you could get Godhands for 1/3 the price.
By Ruaumoko 2018-09-28 01:02:08  
The Sagitta are still worth it, from what I've heard the double damage can proc on all hits of the attack round.

Or was that debunked?
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 363 364 365