フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Smoky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-07-08 14:26:11  
What's best WS for Monk nonREMA? and what stats do I want on a Monk WS cape for it?
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-07-08 14:58:21  
Nevermind. Was told VS.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 15:20:33  
I personally prefer Raging Fists, it preforms better on avg than VS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 15:24:17  
Pure power at 1K TP is going to be VS, if you have a habit of deliberately over TPing then Howling / Raging / TK can do good damage. The issue is those WS's have low WSC boosts compared to their multipliers so they can't be buffed much with stat stacking. VS's 80% STR and SS 85% DEX makes them easier to pump up but they don't scale damage with TP.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 15:29:19  
With the current stand on MNK, I believe White DMG is better over all than WS at 1K tbh.
I dont mind holding for a bit to push RF further.. also with counter in mind I see it working better overall.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 15:36:05  
WS's don't generally effect white damage so holding is a dumb idea, unless your SCing with someone. Reminds me of a DRK back at 75 that refused to WS under 3K because he believe the higher WS damage was more important, even though he got crushed on damage by everyone else. Holding TP reduces your total number of WS's, which almost always reduces your total damage, again provided your not SCing. For MNK it's not such a big deal because H2H WS's are kinda ***anyway, but 0.1 > 0.

As for WS's, your going to be able to hit 18~20K on VS @1K, just not much higher, which is still more damage then the melee hits generate getting that 1000TP. Total WS damage dominates high end DPS which includes MNK, hell it's the reason MNK is in the position it's in.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 15:41:20  
Usually between 1500-1750 TP with Joltz if that helps.
And 1250 with Godhands
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 16:01:11  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Usually between 1500-1750 TP with Joltz if that helps.
And 1250 with Godhands

Go @1K with VS, quantity > quality. MNK can get cycle rates around 5s so doing ~20K (it goes higher but I'm being very conservative) every 5s in WS damage is going to beat out holding TP and thus getting a 7~8s cycle time. This is how damage in FFXI works in 2018 and has for awhile now, so unless your SCing don't hold TP. MNK just doesn't get penalized as much as other jobs, but it's still a penalty.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-08 16:21:57  
20k VS at 1k TP? That's without the Empy?

Must be hitting every hit with impeteus lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 16:25:07  
Asura.Topace said: »
20k VS at 1k TP? That's without the Empy?

Nope just real buffs, and I said average. VS's 80% STR lends itself to piling on damage. Imp is a ***JA, it's only reliably about 5~10% crit rate and if you miss within a few swings of WSing then it might as well not be there.

Interesting note, Vere is only 6 BDMG higher then Jolts +1 and Jolts have better overall stats, go figure. SE really screwed up the Empy H2H.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 16:45:55  
Yeah, I’m team skillchains all the way.
However, I can think of several instances where white DMG is still preferred especially with C.rate AM3 builds.

I also have friends who just want to chill and bash things with their fists, the luxury of doing so at this point is realativly sustainable.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-08 16:57:26  
Has anyone had luck with Herc Boot augs? I swear oseems a cuck.

When is comes to Str vs Crit Hit damage which one provides a bigger boost to VS? I know I should be aiming for both but the way oseem is set up.... I currently have Dex +10 Acc/Atk+25 Crit Damage +2 go figure.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 17:03:06  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Yeah, I’m team skillchains all the way.
However, I can think of several instances where white DMG is still preferred especially with C.rate AM3 builds.

I also have friends who just want to chill and bash things with their fists, the luxury of doing so at this point is realativly sustainable.

Asura.Saevel said: »
WS's don't generally effect white damage so holding is a dumb idea, unless your SCing with someone.

SCing is a completely different story since pure DPS vomit doesn't matter so much. Melee damage is always going to be less then WS damage these days, we're not at 75 anymore. MNK just happens to be the job with the lowest ratio while heavy DD jobs pack 75 ~ 80% of their damage from WS MNK gets 55~60%, maybe 65% under super high buffs. Samurai's Roll is ridiculously powerful.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 17:22:18  

When is comes to Str vs Crit Hit damage which one provides a bigger boost to VS? I know I should be aiming for both but the way oseem is set up.... I currently have Dex +10 Acc/Atk+25 Crit Damage +2 go figure.

If it was up to me I would skip Herc and go for Ryu+1 path A or even Ken+1 feet and call it a day.
These two have the highest STR for MNK, and some could argue using Mummu+2
Make C.Rate DMG on other slots, I believe it will save you the headache.

P.S Can also add Relic +3 if attack isn’t capped.
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-08 18:24:50  

Currently rocking herc boots with STR+10 Crit DMG +4 acc/att +19-20. Took about 300ish fern Stones.

Very happy with them so far. You can get away with what Katrii said though. I would lean towards the relic +3 feet since they are probably easy to make because MNK shards/voids are dirty cheap.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 09:36:49  
Finished Spharai a few days ago. Working on the trials now. Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone I'm not buying into the Monk haet and I'm going to be the very bestest Monk in the entire world just like Little Mac, my childhood hero.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 13:18:48  
Really just noticed this:
Moonlight Ring can't be worn by MNK. But DNC, THF, BRD...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-09 13:42:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Really just noticed this:
Moonlight Ring can't be worn by MNK. But DNC, THF, BRD...

Another case of should've been all jobs
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-15 19:15:34  
What augs would need to come on condemners to make them a Viable H2H? Using Denomonments for DD and Jolts for counter set atm till Empy is done.
 Asura.Falei
user: Fakei
By Asura.Falei 2018-07-17 10:42:39  
is there a more up to date guide for mnk now or is this till considered what you want to go for? im just coming back to game after 4 years being away... theres a lot to take in finding it hard to find a place to start
 Asura.Summerl
By Asura.Summerl 2018-07-17 10:48:51  
Only thing I could think to update from the current guide is adding Hesychast's Crown +3 to the sets where Anchorite's Gloves +3 are also included. Otherwise the guide looks really up to date.
By Justuas 2018-07-17 10:50:32  
Asura.Summerl said: »
Only thing I could think to update from the current guide is adding Hesychast's Crown +3 to the sets where Anchorite's Gloves +3 are also included. Otherwise the guide looks really up to date.
Only the gear sets are (somewhat) up-to-date. The guide itself is outdated.
 Asura.Falei
By Asura.Falei 2018-07-17 12:04:42  
ok cool thanks guys
By fonewear 2018-07-17 12:27:27  
Justuas said: »

First post from 2013 totally up to date !

Monk is still great.
 Asura.Falei
By Asura.Falei 2018-07-17 12:49:39  
fonewear said: »

Monk is still great.

after being away for 4 years and only being backl a couple days figured prolly best I ask to see what I should be going for lol
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-17 12:54:41  
Asura.Falei said: »

Monk is still great.

after being away for 4 years and only being backl a couple days figured prolly best I ask to see what I should be going for lol

If you have been away that long you may not want to spend the time effort to get monk back to high tier. Depends on how much you love monk.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-07-17 13:24:30  
The text is obviously old in the guide but from my experience most people only give a ***about the gearsets, hence why I only updated those. I'll need to go back and add the Relic +3 stuff sometime.
[+]
 Asura.Falei
By Asura.Falei 2018-07-17 14:08:19  
Asura.Falei said: »

Monk is still great.

If you have been away that long you may not want to spend the time effort to get monk back to high tier. Depends on how much you love monk.

i love my mnk put alot of time into it back in the day i figured it was the most logical place for me to start back with either way i go for any job im 4 years behind... no LS atm and no one on my friends list seems to be online ever so they prolly do not play anymore either. so even though i almost have every job 99 i feel like im starting over with the "?" over my head lol
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 363 364 365