フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 264 265 266
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-26 23:51:41  
Does anyone feel Iutil Headgear +1 to be great during tp? I use it with attack+7 pdt-3 augments. Pillager's head beats it?
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-27 00:41:05  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »

And this would be a fairly optimized high accuracy tp set

ItemSet 195326

I will excuse the Dudgeon Earring, but otherwise, you got 6 pieces and both daggers wrong. And I'm not even counting any Qaaxo pieces
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-27 00:44:09  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Does anyone feel Iutil Headgear +1 to be great during tp? I use it with attack+7 pdt-3 augments. Pillager's head beats it?

For the most part, all 119 pieces are very close to each other. It probably doesn't matter that much outside of accuracy and pdt/mdt where applicable.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-04-27 01:30:31  
Quote:
I will excuse the Dudgeon Earring, but otherwise, you got 6 pieces and both daggers wrong. And I'm not even counting any Qaaxo pieces

I did say the sets were only fairly optimized for a reason. I'm aware there are better options in several slots. I specified in my opening statement that I haven't touched the new delve zones yet, so qaax gear is out of my grasp. Ej necklace +1, dauntless mantle, mars or toreador's ring, and Izhiikoh have more accuracy than the pieces I listed. I just linked to some tp sets I made a while ago for myself out of personally attainable pieces or pieces I had that were still useful. It wasn't intended to be a QQ set, but an intermediate set that would be passable for most of the current meta. It's not designed around the new delve zones, but it works on the other end game content just fine.

Unfortunately I don't have the playtime available that I once did and I still haven't beaten Dakuwaqa despite the shark being nearly a year old now. My time and resource constraints are why the other "wrong" items are listed in the set. Sorry if that ruffled your feathers.
 Ragnarok.Headache
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-04-27 03:29:24  

Felistris mask is still the way to go, but an iuitl headgear with a good augment (preferably DA) is very close.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-27 03:50:17  
Well I guess we have different definitions for with it means to be optimized.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-04-27 06:37:23  
Fair enough. Excluding the new T2 delve gear and high lvl fight direct drops may I ask what your high accuracy tp set would look like? I'll be the first to admit I may have overlooked something obvious.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-27 13:58:07  
Ragnarok.Headache said: »

Felistris mask is still the way to go, but an iuitl headgear with a good augment (preferably DA) is very close.

Yea I ain't got the mask yet, so my Iutil headgear+1 with its triple attack is fine for me at the moment. I can see pillager's head being good only if you can't get Iutil head +1 or the Mask for whatever reason.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-27 14:54:57  
Fair enough. Excluding the new T2 delve gear and high lvl fight direct drops may I ask what your high accuracy tp set would look like? I'll be the first to admit I may have overlooked something obvious.

Not counting the pieces you already mentioned, Oneiros Annulet, Letalis mantle, Buremte gloves and Whirlpool mask.

But since you asked what my high acc set looks like, I use Patricius ring rather than Oneiros Annulet. I should replace some of my pieces with Qaaxo/acc augment, but I have a 99harp to build.

I remember you from the old days on Allakhazam, didn't you have a Mandau?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-04-27 15:27:26  
Ahh, meebles.... the one event I never cared to get into. I only ran that event with PUGs, and that died out within less than two months of implementation. When Adoulin came out I completely forgot about the Letalis Mantle, although the elanid belt stuck in the back of my mind since then. I also forgot about the whirlpool mask when I gave up on Dakuwaqa, but that falls in the same boat as Izhiikoh. If I ever killed the skark I'd farm plasm for all three of those.

Wildskeeper reives are a sore spot for me atm. I've grown tired of spending 2-4 hours fighting that tree only to have it drop a beitsu because whatever else would have loaded is something that I already have. I've shied away from them in favor of events that feel more productive. Even when I win it feels like I still lose...

As for the Mandau, no I never got beyond stage 2. I had a lvl 90 twashtar when it was currently the go to dagger in the abyssea era, but since adoulin I've not gotten it to 99 yet. I have all 60 dross and 300 boulders saved, but I still have 850 plates to go. I'm balancing my resoures between thf, mnk, war, rng, smn, blm and whm, so I don't wanna dump everything into Twashtar all at once. My playtime is such that I probably average between 2-3 million gil farmed or crafted per week, which kind of puts into perspective the difference between my ideal sets and yours. For the level of play I do those sets are more than enough to suffice, although I did change the head in my standard tp set back to iuitl +1. I used to have that in there and changed to AF +1 at some point.... and I can't figure out why I swapped that one for the life of me.
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-04-27 16:32:14  
For what it's worth, Meeble burrows is easy as ***now and you can clear all goal 3s in a few weeks if you constantly do it (depending on your current progress). If you're having trouble making gil, salvage is a great source of revenue and takes 15-30 minutes, depending on zone, routes, and party set up. I've never soloed it but I know a few people who go THF/DNC and it doesn't take them more than half an hour to walk out with 50~100+ alex. Dynamis is steady income but the 2 hour time sink is such a huge deterrent lol. I personally wouldn't make Twashtar unless I played DNC too.. even then I would rather aim for Terpsichore.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-27 16:39:50  
Fenrir.Magi said: »
For what it's worth, Meeble burrows is easy as ***now and you can clear all goal 3s in a few weeks if you constantly do it (depending on your current progress). If you're having trouble making gil, salvage is a great source of revenue and takes 15-30 minutes, depending on zone, routes, and party set up. I've never soloed it but I know a few people who go THF/DNC and it doesn't take them more than half an hour to walk out with 50~100+ alex. Dynamis is steady income but the 2 hour time sink is such a huge deterrent lol. I personally wouldn't make Twashtar unless I played DNC too.. even then I would rather aim for Terpsichore.

15-30 minutes in salvage??? Jeez, which zone is this??

When I can be bothered too, I solo ARII on THF and get a guaranteed Linen every time, and a very very very low chance of another linen and additional cottons. I will usually pull 130ish on average, over 200 if a 2nd linen drops. Also it doesn't take 15-30 minutes, it takes over an hour if you farm all the gears, ramparts, NMs and so on.

You can reduce the time in the zone dramatically by skipping NM, as they rarely drop cottons anyways, just depends how badly you want alex. On a regular run I only skip the Chigoe NM on the first floor.

As for dynamis, I just pulled 441 singles out of a run in buburimu, completely solo, used a couple of food, fighting the harder mandies > crabs > ravens. That's a new record for me, but I could have got over 450 if I didn't get a random crash halfway through ; ;
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-27 16:39:57  
Helping a friend with gearing his thf. What is an easy gear set that can be used for aa?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-27 16:46:10  
Shiva.Tedril said: »
Helping a friend with gearing his thf. What is an easy gear set that can be used for aa?

Depends on the difficulty. If you only doing Very Easy, Espial gear would do it. If you doing Difficult, you going to need the full works, tons of 119 reforged AF and AFv2, 119 daggers and so on.
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-04-27 16:47:58  
Yeah, it depends on your party set up. I used to go MNK + WHM or BRD or SCH (whichever my alt was geared on) and clear SSR2 (bosses only) in less than 20 minutes. My friend can do it in 15, obviously you need to "run fast". I can do less than 20 even without run speed. Hence the 50-99 alex count (one guaranteed linen). It takes me about 30 minutes to fully clear floor 4, and it's about an additional 25-30ish (30+ if I actually bring TH), but the point of doing it as MNK/WAR is to get the 100% linen and gtfo. I haven't really done it since 119 gear I think... but maybe I did once or twice with 119 Verethragna for the lulz?
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-04-27 16:50:21  
I just noticed I use parenthesis way too much haha
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-04-27 16:55:45  
Fenrir.Magi said: »
Yeah, it depends on your party set up. I used to go MNK + WHM or BRD or SCH (whichever my alt was geared on) and clear SSR2 (bosses only) in less than 20 minutes. My friend can do it in 15, obviously you need to "run fast". I can do less than 20 even without run speed. Hence the 50-99 alex count (one guaranteed linen). It takes me about 30 minutes to fully clear floor 4, and it's about an additional 25-30ish (30+ if I actually bring TH), but the point of doing it as MNK/WAR is to get the 100% linen and gtfo. I haven't really done it since 119 gear I think... but maybe I did once or twice with 119 Verethragna for the lulz?

Oh, you were talking about doing it in a party despite this being a THF sub forum :p Also I never done SSR2, only do ARII solo.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-04-27 17:04:45  
I can solo salvage AR II in about an hour for the linen. If I want to farm for gil I can earn over 5 mil per week relatively easily, but I get burned out on salvage and dyna. The repetition gets to me, so I tend to stick with crafting income and I look for voidwatch shouts to kill 2 bird with one stone... sell the valuable drops and farm exp for AA fights. And aside from real life chores I've also been playing several other games on my PC and gamecube lately which has cut into my ffxi progress. And I plan to finish twashtar just because I already turned in almost half the plates and I can't stand the thought of throwing away 120 million gil worth of progress for nothing. Plus it's shiney and cool looking, even if it's not a mandau.

On topic though, to put it in perspective the high acc set I posted would put me at 1018 accuracy with squid sushi +1. I just got out of an AA Mithra Tough fight where our ninja parsed 74% hit rate with 994 accuracy before songs, and I parsed 70% hit rate at 976 accuracy before songs. I accredit the variance of seeing only a 4% hit rate for the 18 accuracy difference to the small sample size of a single fight and me feinting the *** every 2 minutes. I'm still assembling the craft mats for my upgraded af2 +1 pieces so I'm working with mostly AF1 yet, but if I completed the set I listed earlier it would add 32 more acc to what I currently have and would put me at roughly 85% hit rate give or take without feint. We won in 15 minutes. Setup was Pld, Whm, Brd, Rng, Nin, Thf versus AA Mithra tough.

So outside the newest delve areas that set isn't ideal, but it's definitely functional. If you add the Daquwaqua pieces or some of the qaax pieces with acc it should be enough to cap out accuracy on AA MR Tough with support. That's a fairly decent way to gauge your set in current meta, as she's one of the more evasive mobs currently out there. That plus the shark pieces gives me something to shoot for. Also thanks for mentioning the Letaliz mantle. I'll look into meebles in my spare time.

Quote:

Kylos nailed that one spot on. Very easy and easy AA fights are a pushover, normal is very challenging if your gear isn't ilvl 117-119, and without ilvl 119 weapons and gear tough is really damn frustrating. The posts others have made as well as what I just said should be a good start to gauge your gear sets against the various AA fights. It all depends on how high a level you set the field to.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-28 03:08:19  
And I plan to finish twashtar just because I already turned in almost half the plates and I can't stand the thought of throwing away 120 million gil worth of progress for nothing.

My 119 Twashtar is in my storage.

Just sayin'.

Using 119 Mandau/Izhiikoh at the moment
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-28 15:36:45  
And I plan to finish twashtar just because I already turned in almost half the plates and I can't stand the thought of throwing away 120 million gil worth of progress for nothing.

You should probably look up "sunk cost fallacy"...

Also, for about the same cost as half of the plates stage of Twash you could build an Mandau to 95 starting from nothing. If you're going to have to pay the same thing for a 95 REM weapon, why not choose the MUCH better weapon? Would really be silly to stay committed to Twash at this point.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2014-04-28 16:28:03  
FYI, here are some comparisons between the dudgeon versus steelflash earrrings, as well as epona's versus oneiros annulet. Consider the following stats

383 base delay
25% base dual wield
40% haste (gear + magic)

Base attack rounds per hour - 2506
Base 11% Triple Attack Rate (trait + merits) == 1.22 multiplier
Base attack rounds per hour with triple attack modifier == 3057

Dudgeon earring increases dual wield to 33%, raising attack rounds per hour to 3372 after the 1.22 triple attack modifier

Epona's ring raises triple attack rate to 14 and double attack to 3%, which raises the multiple attack round multiplier from 1.22 to 1.3058. This changes the modified base attack rounds from 3057 to 3272

The point at which a steelflash earring equals a dudgeon earring is at 39% hit rate. 3372 x 0.39 ==1315, and 3057 x 0.43 == 1314. Anything higher than 39% accuracy favors dudgeon, whereas anything below 39% accuracy favors steelflash

The point at which the epona's ring equals the oneiros annulet is 65% hit rate. 3272 x 0.65 == 2126, and 3057 x 0.695 == 2124. Anything higher than 65% accuracy favors epona's ring, whereas anything lower than 65% accuracy favors oneiros.

If your high accuracy set only puts you at 40% hit rate something has gone wrong, so the dudgeon earring is the better choice even though it has no accuracy. Honestly a 65% hit rate is still really poor, so there's an argument for epona's in a high accuracy set as well. Rajas 5 dex is worth 3.75 accuracy, so it'll either give 3 or 4 depending on the tier. The 5 store tp shaves off a hit in the dagger build to reach 100%. Weigh that as you will.

Also, as far as accuracy goes the whirlpool mask has a combined 40 accuracy between acc and dex, whereas the plunderer's bonnet +1 has 38.25. The bonnet has 3 less strength and 25 less attack than whirlpool so it's certainly inferior, but it serve the purpose of high accuracy nearly as well as whirlpool. I changed my item set to include letalis mantle and ej necklace, but since I didn't intend for it to be a QQ build I'm keeping the rest as is. If you have access to Daquawaka pieces and the tier 2 delve gear then you're pretty much at the pinnacle of current gameplay status, but for the rest of us that's a pretty good accuracy set to aim for until we do get access to the current best of the best.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
サーバ: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2014-04-29 00:06:55  
I've been away from THF for a while, recently the TH+ change has been on my mind.
With the new system one cannot proc over TH8 on the first visible upgrade hit correct?
Making TH+7 the baseline TH needed to do that yes?

Which in turn got me thinking about Dynamis and fulltime TH+ sets there.
This is my thought experiment for multi attack and TH+ I could fit.

Comments/Suggestions are welcome.

ItemSet 322977

Qaaxo pieces are Path A Rank 15. 15 Attack, 15 Evasion, +2% Double attack.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-29 01:38:42  
Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »
With the new system one cannot proc over TH8 on the first visible upgrade hit correct?

Nope
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-29 02:58:22  
I'd like to test it out more myself, full-timing TH8 in gear on behemoth, my first proc message was consistently TH9, now suddenly we have Treasure Hound so in theory, if they didn't actually cap TH yet either intentionally or as a bug, I should get TH10 in conquest areas as the first proc message.
By amadis 2014-04-29 03:26:22  
are reforged AF hands better than path A Qaaxo for tp?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 03:27:09  
right. With treasure hound + TH8 on you, the first proc will trigger TH10.
And the cap is TH12.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-04-29 03:42:21  
Its been a while, but I'm pretty sure there's no known cap on TH upgrading, 12 was just the "okay I'm bored, kill it" level where upgrading became near impossible with out TH level at the time.

Could be wrong, I never really cared about hitting anything higher than what I could get in base what with its mathematical insignificance.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 03:48:54  
The TH12 hard cap has been implemented with the addition of the new TH8 soft cap in gear.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-04-29 03:51:25  
Can't even open your spoiler, no adblock crap either, odd.

But thats... interesting to know. I guess they figured they'd tried to put a stop to ridiculously long Behemoth kills?

Edit: /THF is limited to TH4 >_>?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 03:52:20  
An upper limit has been set on the effects of Treasure Hunter.
Nom : battle11.jpgAffichages : 12Taille : 57.7 Ko
This adjustment has been made in light of the future introduction of equipment enhancing the effects of Treasure Hunter.
•Upper limits of Treasure Hunter including the total of bonuses provided by equipment, atma, and job abilities.
•Thief
Treasure Hunter +8
* The limit will be raised to +12 as normal when under the increased Treasure Hunter effects granted through thief autoattacks, Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, and the ranger ability Bounty Shot.
•Non-thief jobs
Treasure Hunter +4

source

Edit : Non thief jobs are limited to TH4 in gear only. But can go further through abilities like bounty shot etc..
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 264 265 266