2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 262 263 264
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 16:49:06  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
I am also interested in Shijo. I was thinking of using the +5 DW on it for a non-DW built. Can you check if it's any better?

You need to explain, because I dont understand what you are asking. If you mean path D with 5%DW, then we were talking about it for the whole time.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 17:52:04  
Thanks for the numbers Simon. That analysis was exactly what I was looking for.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 18:00:31  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Thanks for the numbers Simon. That analysis was exactly what I was looking for.

Btw I look at this dagger more like a weapon that pushes the boundaries of THF turtle/fulltank build, not really a swap offhand for glass cannon tp set (unless maybe if you mix both sets a lot in the fight)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 18:17:01  
Quote:
Btw I look at this dagger more like a weapon that pushes the boundaries of THF turtle/fulltank build, not really a swap offhand for glass cannon tp set (unless maybe if you mix both sets a lot in the fight)

That's my take on the dagger as well. Pretty much what I've been saying right from the start. It's not a DPS dagger so much as a utility dagger. It's useful but somewhat niche. It's best fit is in a 5/5 malignance tank build. The full malignanse set gives us 31% DT, then add in two moonlight rings and you're up to 41% DT, plus this dagger and now you're at 49%, and it adds an additional 30 evasion and magic evasion and 114 more HP to an already sturdy defensive build, which is nothing to scoff at. Plus, when it's fully auged you get 20 defense on top of all that, and the +10 enmity is a thing too if you're looking at tanking group content against actual nms, and with regular use of collaborator that could certainly be viable. What's more, you're now just 1% shy of capping -50% dt, which means more on the cape is overkill, so now you've freed up a slot to throw waltz potency on the cape for a /dnc build, which alongside yamarang and the 5% potency from a full aug is 20%. Alternately you could throw on 10 enmity to the cape if you wanna do the hate holding thing better. That's a really sturdy and solid tank build. You'd be looking at something akin to this. Just pretend the acrontica is in the offhand for now until they add it to the database so I can add it to the item set.

ItemSet 377542

But no, it's not a DPS dagger and it doesn't want to go into our regular DD setups. It has a place and a purpose, but it's a very ineffecient swap if you're just looking to make your glass cannon sturdier. If you want to do that then just swapping in some malignance is much more efficient than swapping this in place of a stronger DPS offhand.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 19:04:41  
We already cap -50% DT with 5/5 malignance, two moonlight rings, and -10 PDT on our cape, so the -8 damage taken is completely irrelevant at that point, but it adds an additional 30 evasion and magic evasion and 114 more HP to an already sturdy defensive build

It adds -8%DT to WS set tho, which is a big weakness of THF survivability. It also allow to potentially change augment on cape to for example 10% counter, 5%parry, +15 meva, +15eva.

Can even change one ring to defending, second to Gelatinous, feet and hands to Turms, make parry cape and sub /run and you will have 22% parry rate with 100HP cure on parry and you will only lose like 15 meva and 110HP ~50HP (which is not really functional anyway, since you lose it in WS set). You can also swap in Reatic hands to lose 12 meva , but gain 20 evasion and chance for absorption. You can swaps Chirich ring for Subtle blow etc.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 19:05:40  
Yup, edited my post. I rethought that and came up with a way to incorporate it into the main setup.

Quote:
Can even change one ring to defending, second to Gelatinous, feet and hands to Turms, make parry cape and sub /run and you will have 22% parry rate with 100HP cure on parry and you will only lose like 15 meva and 110HP (which is not really functional anyway, since you lose it in WS set). You can also swap in Reatic hands to lose 12 meva , but gain 20 evasion and chance for absorption. You can swaps Chirich ring for Subtle blow etc.

Yeah, that was just a rough draft on the general layout of what you'd be looking at with just the pieces that first came to mind using /dnc sub. You could certainly tweak it with your suggestions and build it a different rout. In truth it actually looks like a lot of fun to play around with.
By Aerix 2021-01-12 21:16:42  
SimonSes said: »
Very interesting set!
Vs Ternion its:
- same triple attack rate
- 1.5% slower swinging
- 5% more critical hit damage
- 4% more critical hit rate
- 14 less damage and 20 more delay on offhand
- WS damage is slightly higher (around 1.5%) with Ternion

Doing fast math Ternion actually pulls head in white damage by 8.5% without AM and by 3% during AM3. Perma flee sounds nice tho :D

I actually using /DRG since WSD update. Its only damage limit I and 12 less attack, but +7% WSD without diminishing returns (its unique multiplier). +0.1 Pdif cap is potentially +3% damage for both white and WS, so could potentially even out that 7%WSD. Last Resort sounds too risky on THF tho. One bad TP move during WS or even while wearing this super squishy white damage set and you are dead.

Actually, I was wondering about something since you hadn't mentioned it explictly. When you were comparing white damage, were you taking Chiner's Belt's +5 Triple Attack damage into account? The whole setup has a 63% TA rate, so that should be a +3.15% increase in white damage.

Still not enough to beat Ternion I guess, but the gap would be much smaller in a full buff situation.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 21:28:00  
Aerix said: »
Actually, I was wondering about something since you hadn't mentioned it explictly. When you were comparing white damage, were you taking Chiner's Belt's +5 Triple Attack damage into account? The whole setup has a 63% TA rate, so that should be a +3.15% increase in white damage.

Still not enough to beat Ternion I guess, but the gap would be much smaller in a full buff situation.

I did take that into account and sheet also.
That set has 59%TA rate tho?
By Aerix 2021-01-12 21:31:07  
Aerix said: »

I did take that into account and sheet also.
That set has 59%TA rate tho?

Yeah, I derped there since you said you used the sheet. And you're right about the TA rate, not sure where I got that extra 4% from. I'll chalk it up to lack of sleep lol
 Odin.Naytan
サーバ: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2021-01-14 07:35:19  
Anyone here get lucky and win Bonanza Air Knife? Dagger is obviously good but was just wondering if wind damage was anything of note.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-15 14:25:23  
Finished my Vajra. Looking for self-SC options that end in Light, preferably closable with Mandalic. Anyone have anything they use?
 Bahamut.Valafar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Valafar
By Bahamut.Valafar 2021-01-15 14:34:16  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Finished my Vajra. Looking for self-SC options that end in Light, preferably closable with Mandalic. Anyone have anything they use?

Congrats on the Vajra!

I use ffxicalc for stuff like this - http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

You have options like:
Exenterator > Mandalic Stab
Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab

Evisceration > Exenterator > Mandalic Stab
Evisceration > Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab

Aeolian Edge > Mandalic Stab > Exenterator > Mandalic Stab
Aeolian Edge > Mandalic Stab > Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab
Dancing Edge > Mandalic Stab > Exenterator > Mandalic Stab
Dancing Edge > Mandalic Stab > Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab
Mandalic Stab > Evisceration > Exenterator > Mandalic Stab
Mandalic Stab > Evisceration > Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-15 17:04:33  
Would you guys use Shark Bite in the 4-step, or would you use Exenterator?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 17:19:57  
Neither is a great option, it kinda doesn't matter

A realish answer; you've probably got a better set for SB, it's essentially rudra/MS already, use EXE if it's a tough mob and the -acc could be beneficial.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 17:22:34  
Odin.Naytan said: »
Anyone here get lucky and win Bonanza Air Knife? Dagger is obviously good but was just wondering if wind damage was anything of note.

Looking at short Ice Brand test, it dagger is probably the same, so add enspell wind for both hands. Guy with Ice Brand reported 180dmg per hit, but he was probably on RDM, so maybe Composure effect was boosting it. WSD: INT +10% works on sword from offhand, so probably AGI+10% works on dagger.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-01-17 00:21:30  
I don't really plan on making a Twashtar yet, and I already have a Tauret with Shijo and Ternion. Is Aeneas something I should pick up for Rudra until I make Twashtar, or will it likely just be inventory -1?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-17 07:34:09  
If you already have tauret then aeneas is skippable.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-17 09:52:57  
If you already have tauret then aeneas is skippable.

They should make 1h Aeonic give 500TP bonus from offhand at this point.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-17 12:17:59  
They should make 1h Aeonic give 500TP bonus from offhand at this point.

I concur
aprrox a week after I got anus dagger to do anus/*** the augmetns came out making *** a mainhand weapons gain and anus pretty meh
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-17 15:29:40  
I feel like Mandau probably needs a buff before Aeneas.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-01-17 15:36:18  
Well it and a lot of relic weapons.
By SimonSes 2021-01-17 15:44:26  

Yeah but all relic weapons will probably get buffed in the same time and SE acknowledged it already.
By Lobivopsis 2021-01-28 23:33:21  

Correct, Aeneas can make umbra, Mandau just sucks.

All relics could be fixed by simply making their number of hits match their actual WS animation and making them fixed ftp with a chance to critical hit. So for Mandau / Mercy Stroke and basically all of the other 1H relics a blanket change to 4 hit with ftp 1.5 and tp= critical hit rate of WS. Lazy but the devs are not going to design 14 new WS. (maybe they would adjust the ftp based on the weapon DMG.. maybe)
By SimonSes 2021-01-29 02:49:28  
Lobivopsis said: »
Mercy Stroke and basically all of the other 1H relics a blanket change to 4 hit with ftp 1.5 and tp= critical hit rate of WS

You mean 4hit with 1.5 fTP transferred across all hits with 80%STR mod (should be 80%dex then probably tho)? It would be broken on THF I think and would easily make Mandau strongest THF REMA.
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-01-29 19:03:01  
Just rerolled a new character on a new server and got to 99 the other day. Working on Ambu cape for TP and WS. What is recommended ones these days?
By Crossbones 2021-01-29 19:42:48  
You can put either crit rate or double attack on it and use it for both tp and evisceration which will probably be your best ws for a long time once you have a kaja dagger. Personally I just use crit on my cape but I have a lot more triple attack than a fresh 99 so the double attack is devalued in my build. Dex30 acc/att 20 pdt 10 and either crit rate or DA.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-29 19:43:01  
Quote:
Just rerolled a new character on a new server and got to 99 the other day. Working on Ambu cape for TP and WS. What is recommended ones these days?

For a new character these are the most essential

TP Cape - 30 accuracy/20 attack, 20 dex, store TP + 10, physical damage taken -10%

Rudra's Storm/ Mandalic Stab/Aeolian edge Cape - 20 accuracy/20 attack, 30 dex, weaponskill damage + 10%

Evisceration Cape - 20 accuracy/20 attack, 30 dex, critical hit rate + 10%

There are other capes you could build, like a specific aeolian edge cape or an evasion cape, but I wouldn't recommend prioritizing them for a new character. Likewise you can get away without adding the damage taken reduction on the weaponskill capes for a while since you only wear those for a brief period of time, but you do want the damage reduction on your tp cape.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-01-29 19:56:11  
Make a dex/crit cape for evisceration first because it can double as a TP cape until you've have the rest of them started.
Then a wsd cape for rudras.
Then a dex/stp cape for your proper tp cape
Those 3 are your bare minimums.
After that you might want a cape with DW depending on your setup and expected haste levels.
And/or an Meva cape. (good for keying in odyssey because resisting stun from mimic is what makes or breaks your keying runs.) Regen +10 on this is probably a good idea?
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-01-30 00:50:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Make a dex/crit cape for evisceration first because it can double as a TP cape until you've have the rest of them started.
Then a wsd cape for rudras.
Then a dex/stp cape for your proper tp cape
Those 3 are your bare minimums.
After that you might want a cape with DW depending on your setup and expected haste levels.
And/or an Meva cape. (good for keying in odyssey because resisting stun from mimic is what makes or breaks your keying runs.) Regen +10 on this is probably a good idea?

DW seems unnecessary. I think the cap is 37DW after 25% haste on gear and capped magic haste. Without jobpoint gift I got 25 innate, 5 from shijo pathD OH and 4 from Ebani earring. I know I can make multiple and will down the road but soloing V2 is slow gains as no one wants a sparks thf.

So is 10% crit really needed for a evis cape? Like is that going to be a significant improvement over 10% ws dmg? I might just make the ws dmg cape and save from having to make another one unless it makes a lot of difference.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-01-30 01:14:48  
Capped attack, no crit damage, 10% Crit ends up being ~13.8% damage across 6 hits. Leaves room for another ~4.6% due to a TA proc.

Lower pDif increases the relative damage increase from crits.

Crit Damage (22% natively) also does so, obviously.
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 262 263 264