[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-14 04:48:12  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Ideal scenarios:

Pure WS spam = Twash wins

If you need some SC but dark is fine= Twash wins

If you need to vary your WS's and do light/dark = Aeneas wins

If you lack R15 = Aeneas wins

And if you can pick outside of Aeneas and Twashtar, Vajra is actually best for light WS and also for low pdif scenario.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-08-14 06:37:22  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Ideal scenarios:

Pure WS spam = Twash wins

If you need some SC but dark is fine= Twash wins

If you need to vary your WS's and do light/dark = Aeneas wins

If you lack R15 = Aeneas wins

And if you can pick outside of Aeneas and Twashtar, Vajra is actually best for light WS and also for low pdif scenario.

Yeah but I'm not going to make someone suffer a mythic line for a niche/not-ideal-at-all weapon scenario.
By WhissTHeGOAT 2020-08-14 07:17:09  
Really dumb question but how does mythic dagger do in terms of dps? My Nsmn alt is gonna become my th/dps since it is almost mastered and was wondering. Have everything to do to make the mythic so was wondering.
By Nariont 2020-08-14 07:39:37  
Itll fall behind twash/cento unless you can reliably open/close lights with it but its not too bad and malig makes a very nice am3/hybrid set in most slots
By WhissTHeGOAT 2020-08-14 08:31:27  
Nariont said: »
Itll fall behind twash/cento unless you can reliably open/close lights with it but its not too bad and malig makes a very nice am3/hybrid set in most slots
Will it out dps Tauret? Only reason I'm making it is since I have the alex, tokens and ichor already done. If not.. ill stick to Tauret.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-08-14 12:17:14  
If you haven't invested in taking vajra to R 15 I'd recommend sticking with tauret. There are times when tauret is better than twashter, and the rest of the time it's very close. Simon has mentioned before that his numbers put tauret ahead of aeneas, and while there's room for debate on which dagger is ideal when, the fact is that tauret is extremely powerful. I think vajra is better than some people give it credit for, but I also respect tauret's output very much. It's a personal call, but if there's anything else you're working toward the gil may be better spent on that instead. Tauret is extremely reliable.
[+]
By Boshi 2020-08-14 12:20:02  
Honestly if you're just farming and stuff on thf Tauret probably better anyways. Without making SC it kinda takes value away from other weapons aside from Empy's AM vs Tauret's crits, even then keeping up AM is prob not worth the hassle.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-09-02 01:28:54  
I'm having a talk with a friend who I've been playing with since 2004. I reminisce about why thief was great, and why we liked "THE SHINIES!" As state by this forum ....

I miss widescanning as thf/rng and using flee to beat everyone else to the epic loot, not only that, but having a better drop rate, and being an apex loot god.

I miss using steal in close quarters environments to pull the mob quicker then folks with higher delay abilities, and having a better drop rate, and getting that epic loot.

I miss roaming a zone killing multiple placeholders (for me i still farm Uggalepih) doing a /sea to see if i have competition, and waiting for that mob to /ra /ja "Provoke" /whatever to outpull that mofo and get my FKN LOOT!!!!!!!!!!

I miss those days, when notorious monsters made me happy as a thief. If one thing I could say as a dedicated thief who loves my job for 16 years, I wish we had that back. Hunting epic loot made our job great, I miss you epic loot ... I miss your filling of my coffers.

Phioness Shiva'Vashai
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-09-02 01:58:40  
my friends and i used to sit around and play the game "fun with treasure hunter 5!", cuz obvs we could only get to 4. so we would make up bs like finding an osode on a wild rabbit. boy were we wrong. xD
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-09-02 02:25:46  
A bow down to the THF gods who achieved epic loot we aspired to. I focus on Evul who organized CarpeNoctum (Seize the Night) LS on Shiva server. He pulled/ran in Dynamis back in the days with Thief's Knife, Mandau, Strider Boots, and helped equip people with Relic Weapons and Armor.

He was a great person, and amazing thief who set the bar high and is an inspiration to THF's like myself.

Thanks Evul for being an EPIC LOOT GOD.

Just realized this might sound like he passed, no he's still alive lolz, just miss him ingame.
By Gasho 2020-09-09 09:59:15  
hello

can anyone share tp set for cento off hand

ty
By Crossbones 2020-09-09 10:09:39  
Thf is a highly accurate job so you shouldn't need to make that many changes. Personally I just swap into my hybrid set if I need more accuracy, which consists of 4/5 malignance gear and relic feet with HQ moon rings. Can probably keep adhemar hands if you want if they are on the acc path, can keep AF body and legs if you want also. Mostly swap adhemar head to something more accurate (relic head works great too or even empy head) and change out the rings from your standard tp set.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-09 13:24:59  
Are evasion sets useful anymore or have hybrid sets replaced them?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-09 13:34:15  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Are evasion sets useful anymore or have hybrid sets replaced them?

Well your hybrid is your evasion set with lilith gear, just add accessories

Its worked rather well when gain xp was a thing... still use it for oh ***moments in omen when I have more then 3 things trying to hit me
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 13:58:33  
Evasion sets are still a thing for fodder/trash. I have to de-equip all my malignance while I'm key farming Odyssey because even mimics have some trouble hitting me, let alone the common mobs
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2020-09-17 17:01:48  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Either way, I found Madranta's THF spreadsheet which was moderately updated.
I added new gear, Tauret (with 50% Evis damage) and ran some tests.

Do any of you Thfs have a DPS sheet, or can even just explain, the best way to implement Tauret into the sheet for proper Calculations? How are you factoring in the WSDmg, Varying Crit rate for only 1 hand, etc?

Trying to add it to my Dnc sheet.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-17 17:59:03  
For the 50% Evis special bonus you need to use a specific cell towards the end of the Data sheet. There's a special bonus used for RMEA weapons. Use that cell, with the right syntax, to add a 50% bonus to Evisceration if Main Hand is "Tauret".

For the Crit hit bonus it's really hard, you can get an approximation bu adding ~20% crit hit in the custom line of your TP set only (since that only works for TP, not for WS).

I'm talking about Tauret MH of course. If you're using it OH u're getting none of that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-17 18:26:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
For the Crit hit bonus it's really hard, you can get an approximation bu adding ~20% crit hit in the custom line of your TP set only (since that only works for TP, not for WS).

Isn't 20% too low for an approximation? This is based on the approach of spamming Evisceration ASAP when you have 1000+ TP (the ideal way to use Tauret).

Based on what's staded on Tauret's BGwiki page (which feels correct to me), Tauret crit rate bonus starts at 50% at 0TP and decreases to 0% at 3000TP.

I'm not sure if scaling is totally linear, but if you assume that's the case you're talking about a crit rate of ~33.3% at 1000tp. That means that nearly all of your TP swings are actually going to be between 33.3% and 50% crit rate+. If you just do a simple average, that's ~41.65% crit rate. Probably want to round down to account for some extra swings/MA procs above 1000tp, but that looks like a better approximation would be closer to 40% crit rate+ for Tauret (hell, if being conservative maybe bump it down even lower to 35% or something).

If for some reason you're frequently holding TP to, like, 2000+, the situation changes and you'd have a lower average crit rate. But you really shouldn't be doing that to make the most of Tauret.

Am I missing something here?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-17 18:29:54  
the crit rate applies only to tauret, so you'd divide it by two. it's as close as anyone is going to get even though it isn't completely accurate since main and offhands may or may not have different hits/round and different damage values.

and that would also assume you are ws at 1K. really you'd take the average ws tp it gives you and the average tp return and use those values, not 1000 and 0 TP values.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-17 18:31:26  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
the crit rate applies only to tauret, so you'd divide it by two. it's as close as anyone is going to get even though it isn't completely accurate since main and offhands may or may not have different hits/round and different damage values.

and that would also assume you are ws at 1K.

Aha! Thanks Austar, yeah that makes perfect sense :)

I'd like to say "durr, just needed someone who is gud with math"... but I guess it shouldn't take an expert to figure out how to divide by two. Thanks for pointing out my obvious oversight!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-21 18:50:21  
I read on here somewhere about someone examining how TH increases, and how there's a thing as "too much TH" for each upgrade value. I can't seem to find it though. Said person got TH14 on an enemy when I saw it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-21 18:53:52  
Are you talking about when (we) were trying to figure out if absolute MAX TH+ had any effect on increase rate over TH8

Was no definitive answer

"too much TH" though, doesn't exist as a thing, wearing TH+20 (probably) doesn't do anything but doesn't hurt either. (strictly speaking TH. it could lower your dps enough to proc more though lol)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-21 18:56:36  
Perhaps. The way I understood it is that it was best to have the appropriate amount of TH, under the respective proc. So TH10 to move it to 11. However the reason I'm looking for it is that I want to clarify that understanding. It's likely I misunderstood it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-21 19:05:32  
So: "should a person increase gear TH+ as TH level increases, to raise the chance of a proc?"

or; "should a person equip their max TH+ to increase the odds of a proc?" "Does going above 8 matter?"

There was no definitive answer, if increasing TH+ (to raise proc rate) has any effect at all, it would be very minor.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-21 19:08:09  
The former, but sounds like no discernible impact. Thanks.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-21 20:41:26  
Aha! I knew I read it somewhere. Thanks for speaking up.

What's the current status of this then?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 262 263 264