言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206
By DirectX 2019-10-07 18:29:24  
I didn't even bother to start the RoE monthly stuff but thanks for the reminder. THF AF is definitely a pain in the *** compared to others though. I am on Legs now and haven't been able to make myself do it yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-07 18:37:14  
Genuinely curious why you wouldn't be earning max deeds every month. Free stuff is the best stuff.

yeah it's irritating to unlock/do but thats ffxi in a word. irritating.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-07 18:40:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Genuinely curious why you wouldn't be earning max deeds every month. Free stuff is the best stuff.

yeah it's irritating to unlock/do but thats ffxi in a word. irritating.

I'm pretty sure there's content in this game that you refuse to do because you hate it...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-07 20:31:04  
There's a very obvious distinction between someone who plays, and me. That's why I specifically said "free stuff", And why YOU

I'll do stuff I hate for free stuff. deeds, logins, goblin boxes, silver vouchers (Because it lets me skip the stuff I hate MORE, like af quests, farming omen, loldynamis)
By DirectX 2019-10-07 20:35:22  
I played 1 month on, 1 month off, 1 on, 1 off, for a while now so not gonna bother starting it. Need to stop playing for a while again now too.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-07 21:12:41  
So like even if you were only a little interested one would think you would still do them. They're cumulative, so you'd still have 120 instead of 240 right now.

The later months are "valuable"

Nov/Dec/Jan is worth 4.3m + 5 keys that could be worth millions + 3 days worth of omen skips
February is worth 7.3m + 5 keys that could be worth millions + 3 days worth of omen skips
(August was worth 30m)
You would get them later, but still get them
By DirectX 2019-10-09 02:05:54  
Also the reason I was surprised that AF+3 legs are BiS is that Meg+2 also have a ton more acc than Samnhue and 5% TA. I always preferred them but everyone swore Samnhue were better.
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-10-09 03:30:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So like even if you were only a little interested one would think you would still do them. They're cumulative, so you'd still have 120 instead of 240 right now.

The later months are "valuable"

Nov/Dec/Jan is worth 4.3m + 5 keys that could be worth millions + 3 days worth of omen skips
February is worth 7.3m + 5 keys that could be worth millions + 3 days worth of omen skips
(August was worth 30m)
You would get them later, but still get them

How that 3 days worth of Omen ?
By SimonSes 2019-10-09 03:44:55  
DirectX said: »
Also the reason I was surprised that AF+3 legs are BiS is that Meg+2 also have a ton more acc than Samnhue and 5% TA. I always preferred them but everyone swore Samnhue were better.

Meg have:
- 0 dex (af+3 have 15), which is kinda important for white DPS on THF, because you actually have potency for positive dDEX
- 0 crit damage (af+3 have +5%)
- 0 MEVA, yep they have no meva at all, which is kinda bad for TP gear. AF+3 is not Malignance or Turms lvl of meva, but +99 is not terrible
- 4% haste, which puts you at 25% haste in gear and afaik we need 26% to be sure to cap haste in gear
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-09 03:52:13  
SimonSes said: »
0 MEVA, yep they have no meva at all
Not according to BG
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-10-09 07:06:34  
It does show them having 41 eva and 69 m.eva on the ambuscade rewards page.

The game item doesn't show eva/m.eva in game, but if you check the stats using /checkparam, the eva is there, so one can assume the m.eva is there too.

Probably just ran out of space in the item text, so the AF still probably have 30 more m.eva, which is not insignificant depending on your other gear.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-09 07:56:33  
It's just a combination of all the stats combined

Pillager's Culottes +3

39 strength, 15 dex, 54 accuracy, 30 attack, 6% haste, 5% triple attack, crit damage + 5%

-- Set bonus from wearing both legs and body adds an extra 15 accuracy

Meghanada Chausses +2

40 strength, 49 accuracy, 45 attack, 4% haste, 5% triple attack rate

Samnuha Tights with max aug

48 strength, 16 dex, 15 accuracy, 6% haste, sTP +7, DA +3%, TA + 3%

Pillager's Culottes +3 hands down wins out in the accuracy department for all the pieces, and Pillager's Vest +3 is already our best TP body option, so that also triggers the set bonus which further pushes its accuracy lead.

Comparing it to Meghanada's damage output, the crit damage +5% pushes it past what Meghanada can do. It also has 2% more haste, and everything else is pretty much equivalent. That makes it it's a straight upgrade to Meghanada +2.

Comparing it to max aug Samnuha's damage output, the extra 2% triple attack rate offsets the sTP +7 by adding the equivalent of approximately 3-5% sTP worth of TP gain by adding extra swings instead. Samnuha leads slightly in TP gain, but it's offset by the fact that those extra attacks add white damage, which sTP does not. The 3% DA has a minimal effect because of diminishing returns from having a 58% triple attack rate. Samnuha would probably be pretty equal to Pillager's at this point, but once again, the critical damage +5% pushes the artifact into the lead.

In both cases the critical hit damage + 5% is what makes Pillager's Culottes +3 the winner. It's a flat upgrade to Mehnanada +2, both in terms of accuracy and white damage. Samnuha DOES have a slight edge over Pillager's Culottes in the tp gain department, but it isn't enough to compensate the white damage bonuses you get from the extra 2% triple attack rate and 5% crit damage. The 41% bonus to triple attack damage is also relevant to the extra attacks. And while Pillager's Culottes +3 has a marginal accuracy lead over meghanada, it has a vast accuracy lead over Samnuha.

Defensively, the evasion, magic evasion, and magic defense on Pillager's Culottes +3 is also the highest of the three pieces. Meghanada does give the defensive stats listed on the wiki, but that's a moot point because Pillager's defensive values are higher.
By DirectX 2019-10-09 10:43:18  
I wasn't comparing Meg+2 to AF+3, rather to Samnuha. Without trawling the thread to find the posts, people claim Samnuha are better than Meg+2 but if you need the acc (the benefit you're claiming for AF+3) then Meg+2 would be better than Samnuha in the same situation.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-09 11:33:18  
Oh I get it. Yeah, if you were to pick between Samnuha or Meghanada you'd be making a choice. Samnuha sacrifices a lot of accuracy, but the main draw is the extra STP. It does have a slight edge in tp gain because the extra 2% TA rate on meg doesn't fully compensate. Samnuha is better than meg if you don't need the accuracy, whereas meg is better than samnuha if you can make use if it. I used to use Meghanada as well because I liked the pile of generic stats and content varies from event to event, so requirements change. I've already spoken my mind enough that we know I prefer to try to maintain high accuracy and attack values in my tp set whenever I can. When offered two comparable pieces as long as I don't have to sacrifice excessive amounts of sTP or multi attack I pick the piece with the higher white damage stats. Finishing my artifact legs just made things easy since I didn't have to make any sacrifices.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206