First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 262 263 264
 Cerberus.Omnitaru
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: mysaga
By Cerberus.Omnitaru 2019-06-28 13:53:58  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
hi, wondering what people thoughts may be on ambuscade bow.
not to use per say but just for the added stats. would +15 to str agi and dex beat out yetshila +1 for stacked?

It's not even a comparison. Yetshila +1 blows the ambuscade bow away when you're stacking rusdra's.

Thanks Melphina. That's exactly what i wanted to know.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-28 15:08:36  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What I really wish they would do is make more things that are high dps but have enmity- and/or dt. Too many glass canons don't understand that a dead dd has zero dps.

^ This
This is the very reason that I almost exclusively run at least One Moonlight Ring among other DT Options. White Damage? Fuuuuuuck That noise, I'm much too used to the mob trying to jump my bones after one or two WSs lol and THF's HP and overall Defense is much lower than say a WAR (even in a full DD set, you're nearly 3000 HP and 35% PDT) or BLU (Defensive Spells).

Moonlight is your friend; HP, DT and STP in one neat little package.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-28 15:39:51  
Was discussed some in i think last ambus thread but putting -enmity in your ws sets and making it a toggle goes a long way to keeping you off the top of the hate list for a little longer at the cost of some minor dmg loss. Ambu especially as you can get -25 enm in just 1 ear slot. Ive debated throwing relic body into ta rudras/stab etc for the reverse but seems pointless since capping hates way easier than not, specially for tanks usually barring constant resets

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-06-29 20:12:47  
I am unsure why you would want to do that.. isn't That in the same slot as Mandalic stab for SC?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-30 03:29:16  
Use your daggers and poke it until it dies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-06-30 11:53:33  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What I really wish they would do is make more things that are high dps but have enmity- and/or dt. Too many glass canons don't understand that a dead dd has zero dps.

^ This
This is the very reason that I almost exclusively run at least One Moonlight Ring among other DT Options. White Damage? Fuuuuuuck That noise, I'm much too used to the mob trying to jump my bones after one or two WSs lol and THF's HP and overall Defense is much lower than say a WAR (even in a full DD set, you're nearly 3000 HP and 35% PDT) or BLU (Defensive Spells).

Moonlight is your friend; HP, DT and STP in one neat little package.

Yeah, I'm switching pretty much all my sets to moonlight rings. The minimal dps loss is worth it to stay alive.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 00:44:43  
New Cait HTB has new Rudra (unstacked ammo)

C. Palug Stone DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+15 THF / NIN / DNC / RUN (Ammo)

Straight upgrade to Jukik
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-08 12:47:51  
The stone is nice, but I'm more dissapointed we can't equip the meowing hammer. I'm tempted to find it's .dat location when I get home just so I can play with it for a bit. =^..^=
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-08 12:52:37  
FWIW, some quick NIN spreadsheet testing placing Stone in between NQ Yetshila and Yetshila+1 for Blade: Hi at least in some target/buff/weapon scenarios. Stone can even win outright if you need all the acc you can get.

I'd assume similar for Evisceration, though probably warrants some better testing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 13:00:05  
Probably not, Hi get's a straight benefit from the AGI as a modifier and DEX (maybe) for crit rate.

Evis not so much. I just plugged it in real fast, it's not even close (not unexpected) but yetshila+1 is like 7m now so it's not obscenely out of anyone's price range anymore. If it were still 40m I'd say yeah *** that noise. (but Qirmiz is free and still better)

((I ninja'd in some edits when I ran the sheet while you were typing melph))
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-08 13:20:11  
Quote:
Probably not, Hi benefits from the AGI and DEX

Evis not so much. Worth a look though, but yetshila+1 is like 7m now so it's not obscenely out of anyone's price range anymore.

Blade: Hi has an 80% Agi mod, and Evisceration has a 50% Dex mod. The only raw damage benefit Blade: Hi gets from the dex is if it affects crit rate via dDex, accuracy nonwithstanding. Still, an 80% mod is quite a bit stronger than a 50% one, and I still agree with you Eiryl. The stone is proably weaker than NQ Yetshila, but it's unquestionably weaker than Yetshila +1. And 7 mil isn't unreasonable to farm up nowadays.

I'll probably skip the stone personally. I still prefer evisceration over rudra's when I'm throwing out unstacked weaponskills as close to 1k as I can, and I've been getting rogue's roll a lot in dynamis lately which really ramps up evisceration's output. If I were mainhanding Aeneas I'd probably try to get one, but I don't think it would change much either way. It's a straight upgrade to Jukikiak, but the difference won't be as impactful as Gere Ring from last month.
[+]
 Odin.Unzero
サーバ: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-08 13:33:13  
Is that a picture of Deedlitt, Melphina? :o
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-08 13:39:48  
Quote:

Not even close. It's Aisha Clanclan from the anime "Outlaw Star". My namesake originates from that anime. Fun fact, I wanted to name her Aisha when I started back in 2003, but it and all reasonable spelling variants were already taken. So I settled on Melphina instead (rather than the cannonical spelling, Melfina. I like the way this looks better)

Refernces:

https://outlawstar.fandom.com/wiki/Aisha_Clan-Clan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Outlaw_Star_characters#Aisha_Clanclan

https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/aisha-clanclan
 Odin.Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-08 13:44:59  
Quote:

Not even close. It's Aisha Clanclan from the anime "Outlaw Star". My namesake originates from that anime. Fun fact, I wanted to name her Aisha when I started back in 2003, but it and all reasonable spelling variants were already taken. So I settled on Melphina instead (rather than the cannonical spelling, Melfina. I like the way this looks better)

Refernces:

https://outlawstar.fandom.com/wiki/Aisha_Clan-Clan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Outlaw_Star_characters#Aisha_Clanclan

https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/aisha-clanclan
Thanks for clearing that up! Also been reading what you guys have to say in here has helped me shape my Thief a lot, thanks for the answer and for all the open conversation you guys do here!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-08 14:11:40  
Now I'm nostalgic. I had to change my character's name when I moved to Asura. Apparently the Melphina here hasn't played since 2006. I really wish S-E would free up old character names after a certain amount of time has elapsed. Over a decade long hiatus is a pretty good indicator the person isn't coming back. Oh well, c'est le vie I guess. I go by the name Melliny now.

That anime is still amazing even today btw. You should totally watch it if you get the chance. It's only 26 episodes long, but it's a solid Action/Sci-Fi with great animation effects and a brilliant ending. The voice acting is spot on and it's engaging from the first episode. It's one of the best I've seen.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-08 14:34:48  
So, what do I use in the waist slot if I don't have Reikei Yotai and I'm using Adhemar Jacket +1 for the 6% DW.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 14:37:44  
Anything with some multi attack on it. Windbuffet/Chiner's/Sarisopphori/Sailfi they're all gonna be more or less equal, probably in that order of best>worst

Kentarch isn't a bad option, little bitta multi, acc, and stp
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-08 14:39:32  
Blade: Hi has an 80% Agi mod, and Evisceration has a 50% Dex mod. The only raw damage benefit Blade: Hi gets from the dex is if it affects crit rate via dDex, accuracy nonwithstanding. Still, an 80% mod is quite a bit stronger than a 50% one, and I still agree with you Eiryl. The stone is proably weaker than NQ Yetshila, but it's unquestionably weaker than Yetshila +1. And 7 mil isn't unreasonable to farm up nowadays.

I wouldn't expect the stone to beat Yetshila/+1 for Evis in situations where acc is fine, but don't discount it so quickly for situations where acc does matter. While Hi has a stronger 80% AGI mod (on a 1-hit WS with the inherent accuracy boost on first hit of any WS) than Evisceration's 50% DEX, the acc has a much more significant impact on multihit WS when you do need it.

Not that it's the main reason to care about the ammo, but for a piece that you're going to want anyway if you care about unstacked Rudra...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 14:40:51  
All about dat mug son. Leaps and bounds above all else.
[+]
 Odin.Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-08 14:44:55  
Now I'm nostalgic. I had to change my character's name when I moved to Asura. Apparently the Melphina here hasn't played since 2006. I really wish S-E would free up old character names after a certain amount of time has elapsed. Over a decade long hiatus is a pretty good indicator the person isn't coming back. Oh well, c'est le vie I guess. I go by the name Melliny now.

That anime is still amazing even today btw. You should totally watch it if you get the chance. It's only 26 episodes long, but it's a solid Action/Sci-Fi with great animation effects and a brilliant ending. The voice acting is spot on and it's engaging from the first episode. It's one of the best I've seen.

I am gonna watch a ton of it today while I wait for linkshell events tonight! :)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-08 14:49:57  
Quote:
So, what do I use in the waist slot if I don't have Reikei Yotai and I'm using Adhemar Jacket +1 for the 6% DW.

I just used Grunfeld Rope until I got my Reiki Yotai. Chiner's belt +1 may have been a better option, but I had a lot less accuracy back then and the combined stats were really nice. It served as a reasonable stepping stone while I was working on upgrades. That's another option in addition to the belts Eiryl mentioned.

Quote:
I am gonna watch a ton of it today while I wait for linkshell events tonight! :)

You'll have to PM me what you thought of it when you're done with the series. I own the boxed set and I've watched the whole thing numerous times. It's really good.
By Boshi 2019-07-10 12:09:16  
Boshi said: »
Is there any consensus on around what rank Twash beats out Aeneas
By DaneBlood 2019-07-11 06:20:38  
Quick Question.
Which combo of Ilabrat / gere /e ponas for tp'ing?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-11 07:59:47  

GET RANK 15! GO BIG OR GO HOME BOSHI!

DaneBlood said: »
Quick Question.

I'll be doing Gere/moonlight whenever I get to getting a Gere. Moonlight is too much goodness in one stop for me to give up lightly.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-11 08:15:15  
If you go back 1 page there is a discussion about it.

Top:
Gere/Hetairoi
Gere/Epona's

These win on paper for flat out damage.

Just as good:
Moonlight
Ilabrat

on paper they do less, but the difference is so small you can really use any of them.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-07-11 09:41:44  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

GET RANK 15! GO BIG OR GO HOME BOSHI!

DaneBlood said: »
Quick Question.

I'll be doing Gere/moonlight whenever I get to getting a Gere. Moonlight is too much goodness in one stop for me to give up lightly.

Get gere!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-24 03:59:34  
Sorry if this has been asked a few dozen times (checked most recent pages, didn't see). It's sort of niche:

Does Steal/Despoil+ gear affect the HP/TP stolen from a monster with the appropriate Job Points? Or is it just item snatch success rate? I ask because several pieces of current THF JSE have had the Steal+ stat removed. I assume this means it's not relevant to the JP category.

For normal steal/despoil, kind of weird you'd have to carry around outdated gear for the bonus (does anyone have a steal set?)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-24 04:03:22  
I haven't tested, but my experience is it doesn't impact the JP effects, just success rate of getting the item.
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 262 263 264