It's just a matter of keeping your exp chain up. 19980 exp per kill

(no rings no kupofried no roll)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-24 19:10:29  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I had absolutely zero potpourri on the day of the update (10th)

13 days later I have 146,000 (and I've done ambuscades, legions for access to pulses and RoEs occasionally slowing it down) and I totally forgot to re-up the buff for an entire day QQ

Im not questioning that that have that much, I'm just wondering how that's at all possible. What are you even killing, how many of you are there, etc etc.

It just doesn't seem like those kind of numbers are possible at all unless you're running an army of 6 bots at once or something all killing everything they see.

You know those people in reisenjima endlessly farming things? During a campaign of this type with chain bonuses that's going to be the best way to farm potpourri. So yeah, it is a bot army endlessly grinding 24 hours a day.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-24 19:12:28  
Far from the best way but probably decent

Gates are where its at(infailsion is actually optimal!), but there's only 2 days left anyway so it'll be significantly slower. A whole week per 25k. Not worth.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-24 19:20:57  
Only a matter of time before that is a Merc shout to sell potpourri. I may ask a friend if I can leech in one of his reisen parties for the HP vorseal, but dunno if I want to do that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-24 19:22:52  
I'm actually shocked there was no potpourri merc. (that I saw)

But it makes sense. It's more valuable to sell the CP and potpourri just happened to be free. No one should be dumb enough to buy merits on a mastered job.

....Then again, asura... so....

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm actually shocked there was no potpourri merc. (that I saw)
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2019-05-24 19:49:14  
Wonder if they have someone planned for the potpourri in a future update. They seriously need to change Master Trials to have worthwhile rewards or maybe add new BCNMs to spend points on or something.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-24 19:50:42  
It went from absolutely useless to very important. Wouldn't count on them adding anything until they're ready to put dienamis *** on there.

Without botting it would take years to finish everything that's already there. No one is going to be like, omg I have all this potpourri but cant use it. WANT MORE STUFF! Not much point in adding more.

+2 skirmish stones are there so you can never have nothing to get.
By Afania 2019-05-24 21:32:31  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
I don't know how long time it takes to farm the pulse weapon today,

About 5 hr-ish solo with trusts or 3 hr-ish if you have a pt of 3 characters poping NM and start SC.

Personally, I dont think its worth it since I rarely make over 10m/hr. But maybe other people can make 40m in less than 3hr so whatever.

Edit: on Asura its probably slower because of zitah pop spot congestion. On small server its not an issue.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-05-24 22:23:58  
I'm knocking out canteens tonight and Dynamis tomorrow, I'm just gonna turn on the potpourri buff. I have a load of plutons to go farm the behemoth in Zitah, but that'll require me to try, so not sure when that'll happen. Been spending gil fast and loose, offered 25mil to a couple shouts but people are buying it up at 30. But between monthly points and potpourri and me already having the dagger and only REALLY going to use the sword, I'm not in a rush to toss gil at things. I don't think the dagger is "worth" that 30mil either. In most cases Rudra's works so well not only from its power, but because it syncs well with COR which is the bees knees these days.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-25 15:21:39  
Being where other people aren't.

On asura, you don't pick a spot because it's good. Every idiot goes where it's good (eft's in doh, lul, holy ***). You go where no moron should ever go.

This is why rakaz became such a good spot. There's no reason people should be going there, so it becomes better than a "good spot" because no one goes there. And retards don't fight over pops like its 2005 Aery.

Perfect example;
Dullahans. The easiest camp is inner court. but while every one and their brother goes and waits for those 4 to pop. I just clip into sih2. no one is there. dozens of dullahans. it's a worse spot.. but theres no wait. That means it's the better spot.
By Sidiov 2019-05-25 16:24:43  
DirectX said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
DirectX said: »
Quite frankly I'm surprised they aren't selling for more. I don't know who's farming the cells or why they find it to be a good source of income.

Using stones during hmp bonus would be a lot more Gil.

I also don't understand how you claim to have farmed 25000 merits in 48 hours Eiryl.

Bots. Bots everywhere.
I'm sure people are botting the cells too but that's my point - botting HMP when event is up when stones are finite is way better gil.

Also I know Eiryl is botting the potpourri but I just don't understand how it is so fast.

If he is on Asura and doing dho gates then he is either the guy at crabs+fish and he doesn't kill very fast (uses 2x frail bubbles for some unknown reason) or one of the groups who is at bats all the time. Only the 1 group at bats ever maintains enough mobs to maintain chain.
Why would someone farming exp farm CP mobs?

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2019-05-25 16:52:22  
CP mobs give tons of EXP.....

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-25 17:44:24  
Taint said: »
CP mobs give tons of EXP.....

Not vs their HP. XP is based purely on monster level and there are plenty of mobs level 125-135 with 15-20k HP instead of 150K. Much faster to kill.
[+]
By Efil 2019-05-31 20:26:43  
Is a skinflayer with the below augments good enough or should I keep spamming?

DMG+20
Dex+9
Atk+5
Subtle+5
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-31 21:18:39  
It's max base damage+ and has Dex. It could always be better, it just matters how long you want to play the slot machine.

As a mainhand that's usable, as an offhand here's no Ta/Stp/Crit on it, it'd reroll it
By Efil 2019-05-31 23:10:13  
Yeah, it's for mainhand. I figured if I could get crit/ta/stp and at least dmg +15, I'd switch. I'm just not sure how much base dmg beats out the TA/crit.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2019-06-08 23:57:22  
Asura.Ajamu said: »
Hey just had some questions. Decided to work on a centovente (tp bonus). For the last 3 trials can I just aoe a bunch of mobs to speed up the objectives? meaning every mob that I hit for the required amount of dmg gets counted? I didn't read anything about that anywhere.

AOE damage does not count. :(

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 01:00:39  
Affirmative

It might replace Epona instead tbh.

Geer/Heteroi > Geer/Epona's > Epona's/Heteroi

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-10 07:57:09  
I never did understand why people like hetairoi ring so much. Comparing it to Ilabrat

Hetairoi - 2% TA rate, 5% TA damage, Crit rate +1%

Ilabrat - STP +5, Attack + 25, Dex + 10 (accuracy + 7.5 from dex), HP +60 Defence +10

Ilabrat is just better. With a decent gear setup the diminishing returns of adding more TA rate catches up to Hetairoi, so Ilabrat gains TP faster over time (Ideal TP setups are over 50% TA rate without the ring, but the point sTP overtakes TA rate is close to basic Ilvl thf gear). Ilabrat's 25 attack is also better white damage because it affects non triple attack hits too. The fact that Ilabrat also gives us 7.5 accuracy (dex) plus defensive stats seals the deal. I could understand using hetaroi if you don't own Ilabrat, but if you can kill Maju you can also kill Kin, so that's kind of moot.

And yes, Gere Ring absolutely replaces Eponas. 2% more TA Rate is already better than the 3% DA rate lost (TA priority over DA means roughly half our swings never proc a DA anyway). The 10 strength and 26 attack (strength accounted) are just delicious white damage icing on the cake. The new go to TP ring combo is Ilabrat/Gere Ring. It's just a matter of farming the thing up. First impressions indicate the drop rates to be pretty terrible. But that's par for the course for high tier mission battlefields.
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-06-10 09:57:11  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I never did understand why people like hetairoi ring so much. Comparing it to Ilabrat

Because Hetairoi is flat out better than Ilabrat for TP when it comes to dealing damage.

No offense but you're doing a lot of inflating on Ilabrat to make it seem like it's better than it actually is. DEF+10 (lol) and HP+60 are usually irrelevant when it comes to TP'ing, and if you desire defensive stats there is a much better option in moonlight ring which has next to equivalent offensive stats than Ilabrat (which sits +17 attack higher) but in exchange gets huge mileage when it comes to defensive stats (an additional +50 HP and -5%DT over Ilabrat).

DEX+10 and the accuracy that comes with it is also next to irrelevant as THF is one of the most accurate jobs in the entire game. Again, if you actually need the accuracy, there is a better option in chirich ring +1 which gives more STP and Accuracy than Ilabrat (with bonus subtle blow and regen), or even regal ring with a set bonus for a solid accuracy set swap.

Attack+25 loses outright to TA damage +5% considering how high THF's TA values are, and loses EVEN MORE when buffed heavily and attack capped, where Ilabrats attack bonus means nothing whereas Hetairoi's damage bonus is always in effect regardless of buffs.

So what we're actually looking at is Ilabrat's [STP+5, Attack+25] vs. Hetairois [2% TA rate, 5% TA damage, Crit rate +1%] and when it comes to enhancing offense, the answer is obvious.

If your playstyle revolves around low-manning and/or an emphasis on defensive stats, Moonlight rings are a much more appealing option over Ilabrat. If you are seeking just pure offense, then Hetairoi is the way to go, with Gere/Hetairoi now being the defacto strongest for THF.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 11:54:41  
The raw damage from "triple attack plus" Is very big. It's straight % increase.

Every triple attack THF does gets boosted by 41%. That's a lot. Heteroi ring gives a a lot of little bonuses, Ilabrat just has STP.

Ilabrats "attack+" does absolutely nothing since THF is "attack capped on literally everything"
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-10 19:08:11  
Good enough reasoning for me. I was overvaluing the 25 attack on Illabrat. I think somewhere along the line I figured that since Toutatis's cape and Assasin's Gorget +2 already give 25 triple attack damage the extra 5% on the ring would have diminishing returns, and Illabrat's attack coupled with that would pull it ahead. It's been a long time since I thought about it though and at the time I didn't have Hetairoi so I didn't run any real number comparisons. I agree with everything you two said and I'll make the swap when I get home tonight. Have my upvote both of you.

Also just an observation, but thief's triple attack rate is starting to get pretty crazy now. I'll be at 56% with this swap and Gere will push it to 58%. It's unlikely that triple attack rate has a cap since double attack is confirmed to hit 100% and we're already this high. If our empyrean +3 ends up loaded with triple attack rate whenever it gets released it'll be absolutely drool worthy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 194 195 196 ... 261 262 263