フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 14:10:18  
I got it and played around with it for a bit killing normal mobs and it just straight wafflestomped rema(R0) damage. 23-25k evis with only qultada vs like 18-19k rudra (@1k)

Get simons attention he loves to run numbers.
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 12:29:52  
Tauret/Twashtar is right behind R15Twashtar/Cento in capped attack scenario. The further you are from attack cap, Tauret will quickly catch up and surpass Twashtar. This also assume AM3 up on Twashtar. Keep in mind this doesn't take into account self SCing and Sneka and Trick Attack (both favor Twashtar).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-28 16:19:18  
How well do Tauret/Shijo and Tauret/Taming stack up to Tauret/Twash? Trying to see if I should bother with the expense of upgrading Twash for someone who doesn't already have one.

And I'm assuming Shijo pulls ahead of Taming for Tauret offhand based on the crit DMG for under 1000tp hits, but if anyone can confirm that it would be nice. Saw that nobody ever actually answered previous questions about Kaja/Shijo versus Kaja/Taming, but with the final stage that seems to give Shijo a pretty nice boost.
By Boshi 2019-03-28 17:38:16  
Even normally before these it took like a near perfect augment on Taming to beat Shijo (not even on an evis focused build)

Shijo underrated kinda. Even if it brought ppl over dw cap it does well on the sheets.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 10:27:44  
I spent like 8h on revamping my sheet.
I'm in the process of adding DPS on top of WS and white damage.
My DPS is not based on simulation, but avg. I don't have enough time for anything else right now. It takes avg TP per round and base WS TP return without ma proc to check how much round I need to WS asap and go with that (so if for example WS returns 200 TP and avg tp per round is 350, then it takes 3 attack rounds + WS as one cycle and throw extra TP as overflow).

Anyway this is far more complex than what I was doing earlier, so I decided to make each job separate and THF was first.

This is the sets I was using:

TP:
ItemSet 359678
I took Shijo D (DW+5%), so I changed belt to Chiner's Belt +1 for that build and left the build with 1%DW below required 36%. I think that's the best option. For centovente offhand I changed Dedition to Telos.

Rudra:
ItemSet 365228
For Rudra's with Centovente offhand I assumed floored hit rate on sub hand hit and sub hand ma proc.

Evisceration:
ItemSet 365229

Few things worth to mention:
DPS obviously varies for different mobs. Evisceration build with Shijo or Taming offhand will start getting hit with dDEX drops on mobs with 313 AGI+ (unless boost agi or other dex buff is being used). Twashtar offhand will hold capped dDEX longer. STR from Taming is irrelevant for fSTR on anything stronger than weak Apex mobs, because STR on Rudra or Evisceration doesn't even go into positive fSTR. Shijo D beats Taming as offhand for Teuret. Taming and Tauret beat each other marginally as offhand for Twashtar (depends on sub job)

Ok, target Apex Bat 136 (300 VIT, 303 AGI). Capped att. No piercing bonus applied.

/sam with 68sTP SAM roll:
1. Twashatr/Cento 7650
2. Tauret/Twashtar 7555
3. Tauret/Shijo 7438
4. Twashtar/Taming 6075

/war with 68sTP SAM roll:
1. Tauret/Twashtar 7785
2. Twashtar/Cento 7612
3. Tauret/Shijo 7538
4. Twashtar/Tauret 6009

If you have more specific questions, let me know.

EDIT: Twashtar R15 for all above and am3 up
[+]
By Boshi 2019-03-29 10:33:28  
I used to have Adhemar hands / Ilabrat / Lust+1 feet still beating those for evis but I haven't checked it in a long time.

I would assume with current gear Mache+1 probably beats moonshade no matter what the tp is
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-29 10:50:51  
Rank 15 twash?
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 10:50:54  
Boshi said: »
I used to have Adhemar hands / Ilabrat / Lust+1 feet still beating those for evis but I haven't checked it in a long time.

I would assume with current gear Mache+1 probably beats moonshade no matter what the tp is

I will check that, but I dont expect big DPS changes (up or down) with this tbh.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 10:51:15  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Rank 15 twash?

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-29 11:15:25  
Also-

Are you starting the fights with am3 up for twash?
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 11:17:16  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Also-

Are you starting the fights with am3 up for twash?

Also yes :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-29 14:52:06  
Thanks for the work, Simon!

And... damn. Tauret with Cento or Shijo performing that close to a Twash setup makes me a whoooole lot less interested in spending 200M+ to take 90 Twash to 119-r15. Maybe if/when they make further updates to RMEA...

Pretty tiny difference in the best cases for Twash, and that's giving the favorable assumption that you can start with AM3. Stuff like Ambuscade where that isn't viable would result in lower Twash performance.

What about Aeneas mainhand? Falls below all of those sets if you aren't using it for lv4 SC?
By eliroo 2019-03-29 15:08:15  
Do your findings include consistent use of Sneak or Trick attack?
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 15:30:19  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Thanks for the work, Simon!

And... damn. Tauret with Cento or Shijo performing that close to a Twash setup makes me a whoooole lot less interested in spending 200M+ to take 90 Twash to 119-r15. Maybe if/when they make further updates to RMEA...

Pretty tiny difference in the best cases for Twash, and that's giving the favorable assumption that you can start with AM3. Stuff like Ambuscade where that isn't viable would result in lower Twash performance.

What about Aeneas mainhand? Falls below all of those sets if you aren't using it for lv4 SC?

/war with 68stp SAM roll:
R15 Aeneas/Twashtar - 6509

Significantly above Twashtar/Tauret or Twashtar/Taming, but those option were posted more to show how far behind is Twashtar without Centovente. So yeah, unless you go for lv4 SC, you should look elsewhere.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-29 15:34:23  
I still am not at all sold on Cento as an offhand. I have a Fusetto+2 and my TP set, which already has solid ACC on it, only has an offhand accuracy at 1095 with it. That requires sushi and acc buffs on any content closing in on "real".

Talking to LS mate and his low acc WAR TP set has 1252 acc. Using TP bonus offhand it's more than 150 acc below a 2h jobs accuracy, neat for grinding, not exactly ideal for real content.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 15:43:00  
eliroo said: »
Do your findings include consistent use of Sneak or Trick attack?

No, because thats pretty much impossible to take into account. Sometimes you can't TA, sometimes you can't SA (unless with bully)

It's just something that you should remember. SA and TA will favor Twashtar/Cento build. Other Twashtar main builds too, but not that much, because remember that Tauret/Twashtar can use Rudra too. It will be like 15% weaker, than Twashtar/Tauret Rudra's but 15% weaker every few WS is not something that will suddenly change dps by much.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 15:54:49  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I still am not at all sold on Cento as an offhand. I have a Fusetto+2 and my TP set, which already has solid ACC on it, only has an offhand accuracy at 1095 with it. That requires sushi and acc buffs on any content closing in on "real".

First of all none is saying it doesn't require sushi and acc buffs. Everyone saying the opposite. That being said what serious content you do that requires more than 1100 accuracy without sushi? Probably only wave 3 fomors. It's very simple, if accuracy alows for it, use Cento, if not, don't use it :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-29 15:57:36  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

First of all none is saying it doesn't require sushi and acc buffs. Everyone saying the opposite. That being said what serious content you do that requires more than 1100 accuracy without sushi? Probably only wave 3 fomors. It's very simple, if accuracy alows for it, use Cento, if not, don't use it :)

I wasn't capped in my usual scenario of wave 1 Dynamis when I first gave it a try. We only use Honor march for accuracy there, and I normally eat meat, and that leaves me under 1200 and missing. Not sure if when we switch in a madrigal for wave 2 if that would even be enough without swapping to sushi. And attack is a MAJOR stat to focus on in Dynamis for THF.

Edit: And DRK buddy just said his Calad low acc tp set is 1225 acc, so we're 130 acc below a DRK using a weapon with zero accuracy on it using Cento.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 16:36:54  
I think you overrating hard the attack from food. 150 attack is tiny compared to 105 accuracy and its not even close make up for +25% dps gain that Cento gives over other offhand.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-29 16:51:31  
SimonSes said: »
I think you overrating hard the attack from food. 150 attack is tiny compared to 105 accuracy and its not even close make up for +25% dps gain that Cento gives over other offhand.

As an overall, you are right, the accuracy boost from food is more pronounced than the attack buff. However it's also misrepresented in this context, as mainhand doesn't need accuracy, so it's basically 150 attack vs 55 accuracy.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-29 17:35:03  
Buffs keep getting stronger and foods are still capped. #improvefoods
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-29 18:19:15  
Also technically the best food is a behemoth steak+1, offering 2% more triple attack.
By SimonSes 2019-03-30 04:11:13  
I checked for 2.48 pdif on Twashtar/Cento and 2.98 pdif Twashtar/Tauret (3000 vs 2500 attack) and Cento was still on top with 5% lead.

That being said in lower pdif, Tauret main is even stronger because of whole build being crit based.

At 2.6 pdif Tauret/Twashtar has 35% lead over Twashtar/Tauret...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-01 17:30:59  
So, to confirm... does WSD gear apply to every hit of Evisceration if using Tauret (or for other multi-hit quested WS associated with an Ambuscade weapon: Asuran Fists, Blade: Ku, etc.)?

I'm still not 100% sure how all of the these weapons that enhance a specific WS work in relation to WSD, since the back-and-forth of the bugged (and subsequently "fixed") WSD applying to all hits stuff of the recent past.

As in, should I be using WSD pieces for Evisceration with Tauret mainhand?
By Autocast 2019-04-01 17:35:39  
"Weapon Skill damage" stat as it has existed before (like on reisenjima augments, alluvion augments, af+3/relic+3 ect only works on the first hit of a weapon skill.

"Weaponskill":DMG +x% for a specific weaponskill, found on Rema Augments and now ambuscade weapons applies to all hits. (or added on at the end of all hits, its a flat +x% boost to the entire WS)

Using a weapon with the very specific "Weaponskill":DMG +x% augment (rema r1-15, ambu weapons) does not make "weapon skill damage" gear/augments also work on all hits, that stat still only applies to the first hit of a ws.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-01 17:38:09  
Thanks - that's what I thought, but wasn't completely sure. Appreciate the response!
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-02 07:58:12  
This is my set and I think it's more or less what you wanna aim for with evisceration. As mentioned, equipment that states "weaponskill damage" only works on one of evisceration's hits so WSD gear is meh, but fTP does carry across all hits so fotia/shadow belt and gorget are the best neck and belt options. The only difference between fotia and shadow is the 1% tp retention so shadow works perfectly fine.

ItemSet 348286
[+]
By geigei 2019-04-02 08:27:53  
I'll take adhemar bonnet +1/mummu gamash +2 any day over those 2 relic.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-04-02 09:19:16  
I don't know why you would think Relic hat of all pieces is a good idea
By Boshi 2019-04-02 09:20:05  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So, to confirm... does WSD gear apply to every hit of Evisceration if using Tauret (or for other multi-hit quested WS associated with an Ambuscade weapon: Asuran Fists, Blade: Ku, etc.)?

I'm still not 100% sure how all of the these weapons that enhance a specific WS work in relation to WSD, since the back-and-forth of the bugged (and subsequently "fixed") WSD applying to all hits stuff of the recent past.

As in, should I be using WSD pieces for Evisceration with Tauret mainhand?

no.

stupid question.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 261 262 263