フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-19 04:51:29  
Anybody got a somewhat updated THF spreadsheet? Verda's is 2 years old sadly.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2019-02-19 13:33:41  
Anyone got any updated THF sets? (Mid to Adv)
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2019-02-19 14:55:29  
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

The thf community guide on bgwiki has some mid/adv sets to base off of.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-19 19:11:38  
Does anyone have an Orpheus's Sash? I'm not entirely clear on how it works. I get that closer = more damage, but that's about it. Does it work for AE? Cyclone? Mage nukes?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-19 19:17:38  
It works for all magic damage.
By aigulfe 2019-02-19 20:53:21  
Orpheus Sash is amazing. It's exceptional for jobs that do magic dmg up close like BLU and a melee COR. The difference between it and anything else that's not a weather obi is insane. When I first got mine, I was soloing apex on COR a lot. Anyway, I went from killing them in 4 steps to overkilling them in 3. It wasn't even close any more. Admittedly multi-stepping leaden or trueflight probably generates the biggest benefit from the sash but it boosted all my nukes on BLU, GEO etc etc also. I use a leaden > aeolian > leaden SC to trash Azrael in about 10-15 seconds and that sash supercharges every single step of it. If it lives, the 4th step is wildfire and it bumps that up too.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-02-19 21:57:44  
I'm pretty sure it's just magic potency bonus akin to the elemental staves. So at full melee distance of 1 you're adding a Chatoyant Staff to your set. That's a pretty stupid bonus for an accessory slot. It's the must have belt if you care to build for aeolian edge.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-19 23:53:40  
Help, I'm tempted to buy a second Gandring. What does 'follow up attack' mean?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-20 00:12:08  
It's the same as the old Jailer weapon attribute. +1 swing to your attack round with that weapon.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2019-02-20 01:49:05  
Asura.Lotomos said: »
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

The thf community guide on bgwiki has some mid/adv sets to base off of.
Awesome, thanks
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 01:50:07  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »

It's another attack round for that weapon, so DA and TA can proc again on the follow up attack. But it doesn't work in offhand, so I don't see the merit in buying a 2nd Gandring.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-20 02:00:57  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

It's another attack round for that weapon, so DA and TA can proc again on the follow up attack. But it doesn't work in offhand, so I don't see the merit in buying a 2nd Gandring.

Wait, so TA can proc twice in one attack round's main hand?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 02:09:35  

Yes, if you were to mainhand it. It was supposed to be a huge increase for us until they came up with the 'Mainhand:' tag for augments.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-20 02:35:26  

Yes, if you were to mainhand it. It was supposed to be a huge increase for us until they came up with the 'Mainhand:' tag for augments.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 25% more attack roundssssssssssssssssssssssss

It's also a unique buff, so it's not additive with anything. Things that make you go Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 03:23:42  
Well, don't buy anything based on what I said, apparently it may just be +1 hits instead of +1 rounds. Which actually isn't that great for THF. Going to try to find someone who can definitively answer that question.

Edit: And found a post stating it's just +1 hits, no DA/TA/QA possible on it. So not nearly that great.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-20 03:29:26  
Lady please give me an updated Spreadsheet for THF! My saviour! Please deliver! <3 <3
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 03:58:43  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Lady please give me an updated Spreadsheet for THF! My saviour! Please deliver! <3 <3

I don't run spreadsheets. I think they're a useful tool for comparing a piece of gear, but not an end-all be-all. So I don't keep one around.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-20 04:44:04  
I'm a sad galka with a broken heart right now :'(
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 04:53:45  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm a sad galka with a broken heart right now :'(

It's what you get for leaving Omen with an Ashera in pool.
By SimonSes 2019-02-20 05:02:30  
Does anyone have an Orpheus's Sash? I'm not entirely clear on how it works

Orpheus sash is Affinity +15 at 1 range and goes down to Affinity +1 at 15 range and more (keep in mind it's based actual distance to center of the mob, so if you fight a dragon for example, you need to be be practically under his belly to be in 1' range)

Asura.Gordel said: »
Ambuscade dagger any good? How does it compare to the rema

It's overall the strongest dagger you can get for pure dps on THF, with only exception being R15 Twashtar/Centovente when accuracy is not an issue.
By pure DPS I mean spamming WS and not counting skillchain damage.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-20 08:30:23  

no it’s just one extra hit not an attack round
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 10:54:29  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

no it’s just one extra hit not an attack round

Yeah I looked into it after that post and corrected myself in a post just after that. That actually makes it not so nice, imo, because of our TA rate. Which makes it even more silly it doesn't work in offhand.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 10:55:45  
SimonSes said: »
It's overall the strongest dagger you can get for pure dps on THF, with only exception being R15 Twashtar/Centovente when accuracy is not an issue.

I don't really buy this. I did a Gin with Kaja as my mainhand and it killed noticeably slower than my Twashtar mainhand clear, and the goal isn't to SC vs Gin too often.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-20 11:11:28  
SimonSes said: »

I don't really buy this. I did a Gin with Kaja as my mainhand and it killed noticeably slower than my Twashtar mainhand clear, and the goal isn't to SC vs Gin too often.

I don't get that either. How is it best for Pure DPS? just because of the low delay? Are you saying its best for spamming Rudra's, becuase it seems to me if REMA aren't an option something like a perfect taming or a dream aug on a skinflayer would out perform.

This is clearly the best option if you're spamming Evisceration, but that isn't our best DPS option. Or are we saying that with this knife, Evisceration IS our best DPS option now?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-20 11:17:09  
Evis @ 1k was already very close to spamming rudra, now evis has +50% damage. all hits. That is a gigantic increase.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-20 12:03:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Evis @ 1k was already very close to spamming rudra, now evis has +50% damage. all hits. That is a gigantic increase.

Maybe when you're unbuffed. My evisceration was rarely much above 20-21k at its best before Kaja, my Rudra's is usually 30-40k. I suppose if you're running an auto-ws lua to always TP right at 1k that might win the scenario, but using Rudra's at around 2k effective TP, even if that means waiting to 1750, is more damage. Not to mention Twash white damage during it.
By geigei 2019-02-20 12:08:46  
What would be a good target to parse kaja evi vs twash rudra?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 261 262 263