New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 262 263 264
By Pantafernando 2018-11-23 14:40:48  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Nyarlko said: »
Assuming you are making the choice between equal amounts for the same equipment slot, TA>QA because every point of QA reduces the value of each point of TA due to standard proc order.

EX: Let's say I have a grand total of TA+40% currently (none in ammo slot,) and they release two new ammos: one with TA+5% and one with QA+5%. The TA+5% would win.
100 swings
TA+45% = 135+55 = 190 swings
QA+5%/TA+40% = 20+108+59 = 187 swings 20+114+57 = 191
20+85+66=171

So, we end up with a grand total of 1x extra swing, and 21x swings which lost out on dmg+11%~21% bonus.

Wait, forgive me for asking but where was it ever established that QA lessens the likelihood of TA/DA? It's been my understanding that the order is set in priority to prevent values from clashing whilst removing the Single-Attack probability. For example, WAR can hit 100% DA and never Single Attack, or Gain 5% QA, 10% TA, 85% DA and when attack rounds are observed over time should see those same values reflected. I'm pulling this from memory from lots and lots of Multi-Attack testing over the years due to Ridill, Ganesha's Mala, Twilight Knife, and Windbuffet Belt. It's my understanding that the rates should not interfere with each other unless your value crosses over the 100% cap.
IE: QA > TA > DA > Single.
Your Attack round is set at 100% (100% that you will swing) so your QA model should look like 5% QA > 40% TA > 0% DA > 55% SA

5 QA > 20
40 TA > 120
55 SA > 55
So should be 195 Swings vs 190 unless there's testing done elsewhere to prove that the rates interfere with each other prior to fully depleting Single-Attack chance.

Not saying either of you are wrong about the Value of TA in this case, especially with Triple Attack Damage in the mix. It just seems strange to think that the rates are skewed is all.

So if there's a link somewhere, I'd love to read

There is a ffxiah ancient page that tells how multi attack works but the concept its quite intuitive and sinple dimish returns. If you consider a sample of 100 hits, with 5 QA and 40 TA, due to check order, 5 hits will be QA leaving 95 that will either TA or single hit. If you apply 40% to the new sample of 95 non-QA rounds, you will 38 TAed hits and 57 single hits. Final results would be 5% QA 38% TA while youre gearing with 5QA and 40TA (a "loss" of 2 TA).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 17:30:29  
BGwiki Guide is more recent, tbqh nothing has really changed in 4 years.

Throw some AF+3 if you lack ACC and throw some Relic+3 if you lack attack and bam. Doneski.

(Mercy Stroke should have a real set not a meme...)((in the guide, not this thread))
By Boshi 2018-12-06 17:55:53  
Boshi said: »
-------------------
ItemSet 355376
If attack capped belt -> metalsinger
edit: for -unstacked- head LustratioA might actually win I'd need to plug it in. (would be str+17 da+3 for -4wsd).

Stacked:
ammo: Yetshila+1
body: Meghanda+2
feet: herc str/wsd (mayybe I have to double check, these might still win especially for SAonly)

Lust body A,Lust feet D
By Nariont 2018-12-06 18:13:09  
Curious question but does anyone know if accomp/collab work like snarl/vent and the amonunt of enmity stolen gets multiplied by gear enm? Cant think of too many cases id want to do more than simply steal the base amount but was just wondering
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 18:17:14  
Empyrean Head will take more than the regular amount, but like Enmity+ gear won't take more. (I don't believe it's ever been tested though, to be 100% certain)
By Nariont 2018-12-06 18:20:46  
Yeah the latter is what i was wondering about in particular since those 2 jas will have pet enm enhance them and function somewhat similarly.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-09 17:38:51  
What do you guys think of the Gandring? I don't care much for its DD potential, but that "TP during evasion +50" does interest me. It may make a strong dagger for mass pulling and cleaving. Does anyone have it? Thoughts?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-09 17:43:14  
Meh, somewhere like 10 pages back I said exactly that.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I didn't see it mentioned, but path C is an absolutely amazing A.Edge option.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's coo, if you want a fivehundredmilliongil aeolian edge set.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-09 18:25:55  
Meh, somewhere like 10 pages back I said exactly that.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I didn't see it mentioned, but path C is an absolutely amazing A.Edge option.

That's coo, if you want a fivehundredmilliongil aeolian edge set.

Have you or Comeatmebro tried it out? I think the going price is 200m right now for me. I'm willing to buy it if it's well above what I'm using now, which I think is just the TP bonus dagger.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-09 18:47:33  
I haven't, but the wording doesn't seem ambiguous at all. 50 tp per evade would very quickly outpace any tp bonus option, logically. Bonus of always starting with 3000 after you pull.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-12-09 19:01:46  
RUN parry +40tp feet are very noticible during battatua
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-09 19:13:09  
Thanks. I have a bit of farming to do.
By huttburt<3 2018-12-09 22:10:53  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
What do you guys think of the Gandring? I don't care much for its DD potential, but that "TP during evasion +50" does interest me. It may make a strong dagger for mass pulling and cleaving. Does anyone have it? Thoughts?
Like, wtf?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-09 22:28:59  
I THF cleave Omen, had a video last page but guess Twitch got rid of the video already. Evasion set and the trash is really quickly done. Usually just flee pull all packs on floor 4, perfect dodge, and AE everything down in 2-4 ws with no risk.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2018-12-09 23:58:02  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I THF cleave Omen, had a video last page but guess Twitch got rid of the video already. Evasion set and the trash is really quickly done. Usually just flee pull all packs on floor 4, perfect dodge, and AE everything down in 2-4 ws with no risk.

Yeah, I saw that video, was pretty impressive. I don't have a reason to go back into omen, but if I did, I'd want to try that out.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-01-01 11:41:43  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
My unstacked Rudra's set:

ItemSet 348797

I actually use Chiner's+1 over Grunfeld, but that's because I have an Idris GEO at all times.

And here's what I TP in almost all the time:

ItemSet 344092

Good Morning:

STP or DW on the back piece? (max tp set)
By Boshi 2019-01-01 13:02:44  
..stp
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-04 19:43:26  
Just checking, Gandring path A/B are useless for someone with all 4 legendary THF daggers already, right? 99% sure I want to go with path C, but I've been out for a long time, so just want to be sure.

edit: too late, went for it. I'll get another if A/B turns out to be good, which I don't think they are
By Staleyx 2019-01-05 00:31:29  
It's just a Aeolian Edge piece imo. Good for solo farming ***, or you can save the gil.
 Asura.Sneakyman
user: Sneakyman
By Asura.Sneakyman 2019-01-05 03:06:01  
Sup. Finally got an Aeneas (was using a upgraded Mandau in the mainhand without dynamis D augs) but was considering using the Mandau for offhand until twash which I don't plan on doing at the moment but wanted to see where Mandau sits versus fully upgraded Taming Sari which is still eluding me or augmented skinflayer which I am currently using in the offhand.

I read some things that LoH wrote way back when about offhanding Mandau but wasn't enough information to grab me to avoid commenting about it.

Apparently the only things going for mandau in the offhand is the skill and weapon dps which are both higher than the taming or skinflayer but I would certainly like to continue using the Mandau since well I upgraded it. Do you think that the weapon dps alone makes up for the lack of other things that the taming sari and skinflayer have when it comes to augments and regular stats? I also heard somewhere that a weapon with low delay makes for a good offhand. Are all three weapons pretty much on par? I mean I want to do this but I prefer to go with the best option. Thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-05 05:58:06  
Mandau is basically useless for an offhand. Non-max Taming Sari will overall contribute more for you in almost all cases. You're welcome to test it out yourself if you'd like, though.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-01-05 07:10:06  
Asura.Sneakyman said: »
Do you think that the weapon dps alone makes up for the lack of other things that the taming sari and skinflayer have when it comes to augments and regular stats?
Relic's stats/augments don't work when it's off-handed. So basically, this is Mandau on MH:

And this is Mandau on OH:

For this reason almost all RMEA's are bad off-hands, save for a few like Almace and Twashtar as Empyreans' high attribute bonuses still work on OH.
[+]
 Asura.Sneakyman
user: Sneakyman
By Asura.Sneakyman 2019-01-05 13:09:55  
Sounds good thanks for the replies. Style lock go :]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-08 02:14:13  
What's a good TP set for Vajra with AM3 up?

I was thinking this ItemSet 364321

but tbh I'm not super feeling it. It's a bit too 50/50 between going full MA or full STP with the neck head and feet, but I can't think of good alternatives.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2019-01-10 06:34:22  
Should be finishing up to augment Aeneas and Twashtar this week with the Wave 3 bosses. Is there any general consensus as to which works best?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-10 06:46:52  
tentakelspeer said: »
Cerberus.Ephexis said: »
Should be finishing up to augment Aeneas and Twashtar this week with the Wave 3 bosses. Is there any general consensus as to which works best?

I do Twash main, Tamin Sari offhand. Dunno about aeneas offand it's stp offhand then.
Some people say Aeneas is better, but Rudra's Bonus + huge dex (specially with Taming offhand) is really nice.

This is my preference as well. There are some situations where I think Aeneas is better suited, but I'm too lazy to swap to it. Big Rudra numbers are nice, and increased white damage is really nice too. The damage buff to Rudra's is really significant (over 40k unstacked Rudra's) and even Aeneas was generally better spamming Rudra's over doing a multi-step SC. Some content you may want to multi-step and in that case Aeneas would be better, though. But that'd be more a dualboxing scenario where you get more out of magic bursts than physical damage, which is a bit more rare to be in as the sole melee.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-01-11 10:33:17  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Asura.Sneakyman said: »
Do you think that the weapon dps alone makes up for the lack of other things that the taming sari and skinflayer have when it comes to augments and regular stats?
Relic's stats/augments don't work when it's off-handed. So basically, this is Mandau on MH:

And this is Mandau on OH:

For this reason almost all RMEA's are bad off-hands, save for a few like Almace and Twashtar as Empyreans' high attribute bonuses still work on OH.

A little cross-job reference but a good explanation of this is that once Ternion Dagger came out Mandau (even ag stats) became useless as a RDM offhand. (still has it's use for rdm mainhand piercing)
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 262 263 264