Top Sch --- Top Blm
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 12:42:25  
Lilbusta said:
Hypnotizd said:
I'd rather have INT+3 than MAB+3 on feet. INT increases damage and accuracy where MAB+3 is just damage.

I'm in the mix. If I remember right 120 total INT is the limit before any more INT starts to be a gimp boost? If so then what you said depends on how much INT you have.

If its a question of how much INT you have, your other gear choices probably will come into question. I'm a Hume BLM/RDM and I believe my base INT w/o merits is 79, added +39 from normal nuking gear (with yigit feet) puts me under 120 (if that is the magical number anyway).

But like I said, "I'd rather have INT+3" not "every BLM should do this".
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 12:48:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Race dependant of course. To me it boils down to what you're comfortable with. Macroing to get that extra little damage does work if you want to put extra effort into obtaining the gear. I just want to stick with gear that works with minimum macroing.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-23 20:10:36  
Lilbusta said:
Race dependant of course. To me it boils down to what you're comfortable with. Macroing to get that extra little damage does work if you want to put extra effort into obtaining the gear. I just want to stick with gear that works with minimum macroing.

Like the galkas on my server that wear MP gear fulltime on blm... yeah.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-23 21:21:58  
Lilbusta said:
I just want to stick with gear that works with minimum macroing.

Not gonna become a decent BLM that way :< If you don't/can't use Windower, sure you need to gear yourself taking in consideration the macro'ing part. But even that way you need to force yourself to macro as much as you can, even manually.

Using only one single macro per spell (without windower script off course), with no sub-macro for equip = being lazy. Most of blm spells got a long casting time, long enough to enable you to force yellow, swap the correct obi, AFv2 legs, etc. Just don't end up using sleep in Errant body because macro'ing AF body was too demanding :<
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-09-23 21:43:18  
Antipika said:
Lilbusta said:
I just want to stick with gear that works with minimum macroing.

Not gonna become a decent BLM that way :< If you don't/can't use Windower, sure you need to gear yourself taking in consideration the macro'ing part. But even that way you need to force yourself to macro as much as you can, even manually.

Using only one single macro per spell (without windower script off course), with no sub-macro for equip = being lazy. Most of blm spells got a long casting time, long enough to enable you to force yellow, swap the correct obi, AFv2 legs, etc. Just don't end up using sleep in Errant body because macro'ing AF body was too demanding :<

Ontop of this dont sell yourself short on planning your macros and how many rows youre willing to scroll up and down with.

Even if you know you will never have windower or youre on console you can macro 11 pieces in 2 macro presses, or as mentioned 5 with one.

Layout for a macro set as blm without windower needs to be able to be used fast whilst pressing least ammount of macros for best gear, and scrolling between the common spells to be as small a gap as possible.

Basic suggestions would be to have each row ctrl and alt side to be of 1 element only with obi macros on ctrl and alt close to hand. Ive done this for all 8 elements starting top : water, fire, wind, ice, dark, thunder, earth, light. As you can see the more common used elements wind ice dark thunder are close with 3 rows up or down of each other.

Another suggestion would be to have all elemental dots and dia parallel with each other vertically, and bind grav sleep2 stun also parallel vertically in correct row for its element. The rest of the macro set can be finished with same vertical spell similarities ; water 3 fire 3 wind 3 etc.

Eventually with this layout as you aquire more gear there will be spaces left on ctrl alt side for each element to add an additional macro for another 6 slots of gear. This does mean 3 macro presses incl the obi one but this all becomes fluid and second nature.

But yea plan ahead because rearranging existing layouts to accomodate more macros for more gear is a pain later.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 22:16:55
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I have a macro line for each element and goes to the set of spells for the element i choose. I have macros set for specific situations with the gear needed for those. Even though I'm running around with my noob 75 gear, I still have macros set for the piece needed to for those situations. I would like to get into windower but I end up on my console more so running the endless fields of macros is a pain, but I do what I can.

By no means do I want to make myself look like crap, but for the time I put in I don't have anything above par for gear. So I'm stuck between AH gear and common rewards from missions/quests. Sorta limited, but I haven't failed yet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [142 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2010-02-13 05:00:23  
Pretty late on this post... seeing if I can possibly revive it, lol. Anyway, if you aren't resisting, then I don't see why it wouldn't be Yigit > Cobra > Goliard > Rostrum or Hume RSE (DMG wise at least- Fast Cast from Rostrum Pumps obviously makes a difference in other terms). In my case, I went with Cobras before getting my Yigits. Looking back, I kind of feel like it was a waste of AN, especially now with items like Sturm's Report, hMP grip (forget the name), Patronius Ring (for those blms that want a top notch kiting build), etc. I would suggest considering these items, as well as how long you are looking at before you can get Yigit feet (which as a career BLM, you really need to do) when considering the Cobra feet. In my case, however, I found the Cobras a new home in my WHM Devotion build, lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By natecrow 2010-03-24 08:11:29  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Lilbusta said:
Hypnotizd said:
I'd rather have INT 3 than MAB 3 on feet. INT increases damage and accuracy where MAB 3 is just damage.
I'm in the mix. If I remember right 120 total INT is the limit before any more INT starts to be a gimp boost? If so then what you said depends on how much INT you have.
If its a question of how much INT you have, your other gear choices probably will come into question. I'm a Hume BLM/RDM and I believe my base INT w/o merits is 79, added 39 from normal nuking gear (with yigit feet) puts me under 120 (if that is the magical number anyway). But like I said, "I'd rather have INT 3" not "every BLM should do this".

Hume blm/rdm base int unmerited is only 72 btw....I know this well because mine is 77 with capped merits. I hated that category. :)