フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Top Sch --- Top Blm
Top Sch --- Top Blm
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 09:43:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Talking about top gear sets and situational BLM needs. MAB/INT doesn't cut it for the all the mobs. What I said doesn't mean fill every slot with skill pieces. Just use the amount needed to minimize resist.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 09:49:06  
Now this has been covered before, but didn't we establish that if the day matches the spell you're casting then relic legs + w/e will out damage full morrigans, but if you're casting a spell that doesn't match the day, then the only way you can even MATCH (not beat) full morrigans is a set that includes +1 zenith gloves? And isn't the going rate on cursed mitts -1 somewhere around 12mil... the same price as morrigan's body?

Anyway, don't answer that. We've seen a few different variations on the best blm set (they're all actually reasonably similar when it all boils down to it), so how about seeing some of the best SCH nuking builds?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 09:51:31  
Motokosun said:
Heres my current sets:

No Walahra Turban, Swift Belt or Goliard Saio? (Drain/Aspir/Stun)

For BLM you can probably do away with those grips and keep Bugard +1. Only reason I'd have Ice Grip is for bind; Wind Grip for gravity...
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-23 09:52:30  
Yeah, I have never seen much about SCH in these debates.

Speaking of SCH, I heard you're having an irl (Sandstorm), Blazza.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-23 09:56:14  
Lilbusta said:
Talking about top gear sets and situational BLM needs. MAB/INT doesn't cut it for the all the mobs. What I said doesn't mean fill every slot with skill pieces. Just use the amount needed to minimize resist.

When resist is already at its minimum you don't even need to think about it. Just fill slots with whatever MaB/INT you can and that's it. Off course I'm talking for a career BLM that mean elemental skill merit capped, etc. Would be different for someone without decent equip and merit, the merit alone are quite a huge gap.
---
As for beating full morri now it's possible thanks to AMKE Head & augmented gear, but as you said it imply having z.mitts+1, can also augment hq errant legs with MaB+1 which beat morrigan's legs.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-23 10:06:46  
Honestly in most cases I would think about INT before skill on resistant mobs. Skill is easy to accumulate, especially with merits and AH gear. INT on the other not only helps with resists, it boosts your overall dmg.
Such as:
http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/177743-kirins-int/

You'll ALWAYS be in a spot where ***is situational as blm. Even if you do stack on the ele skill, you wouldn't be nearly as MP efficient as someone who understood when enough ele skill is enough.
On stuff like puddings I wear maybe ~2 peices of ele skill (torque and weskit) and even then I swap torque out for pendant.
Really, you can't say that blm isn't situational, every job is.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-23 10:09:32  
Damn you anti, I'm a slow typer.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 10:09:59  
Sectumsempra said:
Yeah, I have never seen much about SCH in these debates.

Speaking of SCH, I heard you're having an irl (Sandstorm), Blazza.

Yup lol, not in my city, but further North, Sydney and even up to Brisbane I think (they're about 1000k away from each other) is just orange.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/-/watch/15703282

</derail>
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-09-23 10:26:35  
Look at Antipika's job levels, and then understand that he's been playing for a really long time. He also plays often, so it's not like he plays once a month and it took him a long time to get a job to 75.

He's pretty much been playing only BLM for the last 5 or 6 years of his life. The man knows his ***.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-23 10:35:33  
I wish I can get full morigans set. That would complete my blm gear :)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 10:39:29  
Cianti said:

Takes a ridiculously long time otherwise I'd be on it too. You could make improvements by getting Yigit Crackows and Mahatma Slops though.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-23 10:41:22  
If you salvage daily, and you first in line on all piece, let's say 6 months :< Yeah it's long :x (but not that long when you compare it to loldynamis, some did 3y of dyna for a single xar piece).
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 11:08:19  
Antipika said:
If you salvage daily, and you first in line on all piece, let's say 6 months :< Yeah it's long :x (but not that long when you compare it to loldynamis, some did 3y of dyna for a single xar piece).

Maybe if I was BLM only I would, but I like being able to switch to whatever job is needed at any time. =/

3y I would /wrist. I got my sorcerer's hat about a month after the drop rate update =)
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-09-23 11:21:42  
Chefm said:
There a forum going around about "Is Sch Top mage...?" Alot of you were say Top Blm vs. Top Sch. If you think there such thing as a Top Sch Gear Set or Top Blm Gear Set, Please post it here cuz i have a 75sch too and lots of 75blms i want see wht u thing "TOP" Means to u . :)

Dont think ive seen better blm enfeeb set or hmp set than my own, just missing aureole / sea cape and 2 hmp rings from each build.

Reading further on tho I must say korpg is wrong as usual just wants to post something/anything. What Antipika said is correct.

Hybrid build can beat full morri even w/o the af2 pants and ele day match. Kupo head, zmitts+1 , morri body , morri pants/aug mahatma , yigit feet.

At present without making it too confusing ;

level1 tornado with 0 wind potency merits, wearing this ...

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=46074

but auster staff and furin obi instead casting tornado with just 1 weather symbol not even on windsday will beat full morri 5/5 ice potency lvl 3 freeze2. And of course the gap only grows if it were windsday or better still windsday with wind weather also.

There is no top build really, is what makes the game so good and we arent all walkin arounf in identical gear. Having said that check my gear sets for blm they are pretty much complete.

Hypnotizd said:
Motokosun said:
Heres my current sets:

No Walahra Turban, Swift Belt or Goliard Saio? (Drain/Aspir/Stun)

For BLM you can probably do away with those grips and keep Bugard +1. Only reason I'd have Ice Grip is for bind; Wind Grip for gravity...

I own swift belt and turban and wldnt bother to macro into blm, I stopped doing hnm it bored me and every other event in the game for a blm haste within darkmagic spell macros is meh. You dont always cast aspir and drain when timer is up its like putting merits into chakra timer for mnk.
And outside of toau kings cant really see much use for reduced cast time on stun much either.

Well anyway u asked for top gear sets again ill say my best build is my gravity build atm 295enfeeb skill 13 macc and 77 + 30ish int with cream puff.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-23 11:21:59  
Antipika said:

You spend 252,000 AP just entering Salvage for 6 months. That's almost 6M worth of chiv chains and I'm pretty sure it isn't even the best gil/point item(just sells fast). Then the 20M+ of materials needed to complete the pieces on top of all your hard work. Blargh.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 11:49:36  
Yeah, but Morrigan's is not just some of the best gear in the game, it's also a hell of an accomplishment. I know I for one am a perfectionist when it comes to games, and like to finish them 100%. That's not exactly going to happen with FFXI, but it's still a nice feeling getting those really nice things :D

PS. Salvage is fun! :o
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-23 11:56:28  
Hypnotizd said:
Cianti said:

Takes a ridiculously long time otherwise I'd be on it too. You could make improvements by getting Yigit Crackows and Mahatma Slops though.

I'm getting Cobra Unit Crakrow however its spelled. I can't see myself spending anymore time working on Morrigans robe. I play too many other jobs to warrant putting the effort in.

I have the funds to get the body but that would leave me with hardly any gil left.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 12:08:09  
Ew, I hate the entire cobra unit set. Feet are the only thing semi decent, and only if you can't get yigit. Although really, yigit aren't that hard to get, and totally worth the effort.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 12:14:03

I view the feet as a good replacement until yigit. Only exception is Rostrum Pumps if you can get a run. I'm at least working on the Cobra Crackows while I'm getting my Lebros points up.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 12:16:16  
Rostrum Pumps are like the next best thing to Yigit IIRC (there might be something better since the last time I invested time to compare all BLM feet). Although, once you get Yigit the Rostrum are good for macroing for the fastcast then swapping to the Yigit.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 12:16:48  
If you're hume you don't even need rostrum, you can get level 30(ish) RSE boots :D Dunno about the other races though.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 12:19:28

Just an INT boost piece for Taru. I haven't looked deeply into Goliard Clogs either.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-09-23 12:20:29  
Yigit > Goliard > Rostrum > Cobra?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 12:21:01  
Ah there you go, Goliad Clogs. I knew I remembered something that was a little better.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 12:22:39

I think most career BLMS say Yigit=Goliard>R.Pumps>Cobra. Goliard and Yigit are macro pieces, but both are good fulltime if you just have one of them.

Since BLM is built on MAB I'd say Yigit>Goliard, but both are a must.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-09-23 12:25:00  
Zorander said:

Was that an actual question? You mean for nuking? Anyway i own 1st three of those yigit nuking, goliard enfeeb and rostrum cures/buffs escape/warp. As for nuke dmg order which is what i assume you mean yigit >> goliard >> rpump yea.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-23 12:29:50  
As much as I'm a self confessed cobra unit hater, wouldn't they bet better than r.pumps for nuking?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-23 12:33:00  
I'd rather have INT+3 than MAB+3 on feet. INT increases damage and accuracy where MAB+3 is just damage.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-23 12:37:13

Hypnotizd said:
I'd rather have INT+3 than MAB+3 on feet. INT increases damage and accuracy where MAB+3 is just damage.

I'm in the mix. If I remember right 120 total INT is the limit before any more INT starts to be a gimp boost? If so then what you said depends on how much INT you have.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-09-23 12:37:47  
Basilo said:
Zorander said:

Was that an actual question? You mean for nuking? Anyway i own 1st three of those yigit nuking, goliard enfeeb and rostrum cures/buffs escape/warp. As for nuke dmg order which is what i assume you mean yigit >> goliard >> rpump yea.

I'm not really sure if it was a question or a statement..