New PC Windower Not Working.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » New PC Windower not working.
New PC Windower not working.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-01-20 17:35:58  
Vincent101 said: »
Without windower the game loads fine and runs great, however when I try to run it under windower the process starts in task manager and stops a few seconds after, and it never opens the actual program...
This should already tell you something's wrong with the files in windower. If you remember, last recent update had these plugins cause problems:
- recast
- blinkmenot
- plastic surgeon
- pet plugin

Make sure these plugins are up to date. Let me know. I find it stupid how others are asking what video card etc you're using when clearly FFXI works w/o windower. LOL.

Hope this helps.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 17:37:15  
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Vincent101 said: »
Without windower the game loads fine and runs great, however when I try to run it under windower the process starts in task manager and stops a few seconds after, and it never opens the actual program...
This should already tell you something's wrong with the files in windower. If you remember, last recent update had these plugins cause problems:
- recast
- blinkmenot
- plastic surgeon
- pet plugin

Make sure these plugins are up to date. Let me know. I find it stupid how others are asking what video card etc you're using when clearly FFXI works w/o windower. LOL.

Hope this helps.

Again, plugins are loaded after windower has bound to pol, which isn't happening. Broken plugins wouldn't be an issue at this point, only launcher and hook are an issue.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-01-20 17:42:26  
What version of windower are you running? Could try uninstalling and reinstalling windower or even the last version. I'm currently running windows 7 64-bit with no issues.

The last plugin issue would cause my POL to crash after I clicked the "Play" button. When was yours crashing exactly again?
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 17:51:59  
Leviathan.Behemothx said: »
Can't be about resolution since windower doesn't even bind to pol, his playonline viewer doesn't even launch.

Only thing I can think of is windows ain't granting admistrative rights as it should...
it does, but it instantly crashes, most likely a plugin, setting, or directx issue.

he's already played with UAC, having the folder in the right place, and administrator settings.

I find it stupid that people think they shouldn't eliminate all possible issues even if they don't make sense, you people don't program XI or Windower.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 17:53:21  
Phoenix.Hapa said:

I took off all my antivirus and firewall for a bit to try this, also had no effect.

Just 'disabling' some of those antivirus applications doesn't work sometimes.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 17:55:30  
Jetackuu said: »
Can't be about resolution since windower doesn't even bind to pol, his playonline viewer doesn't even launch.

Only thing I can think of is windows ain't granting admistrative rights as it should...
it does, but it instantly crashes, most likely a plugin, setting, or directx issue.

he's already played with UAC, having the folder in the right place, and administrator settings.

I find it stupid that people think they shouldn't eliminate all possible issues even if they don't make sense, you people don't program XI or Windower.

He can open POL normally, his POL is fine, so is his DirectX and his plugins as they don't load till the GFX engine goes to game out of pol. The issue is launcher binding to pol.exe

You don't need to 'program' windower or XI to know the chain of events.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-01-20 17:55:59  
My only other suggestion would be to uninstall windower and reinstall and see if that works. Make sure also it's ran as admin. I know you've already done that but sometimes windows 7 does that. I found with other applications (not just windower) a simple reinstall fixed the issue.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 17:59:19  

He can open POL normally, his POL is fine, so is his DirectX and his plugins as they don't load till the GFX engine goes to game out of pol. The issue is launcher binding to pol.exe

lol, that isn't even accurate...

you don't know what the issue is...

My only other suggestion would be to uninstall windower and reinstall and see if that works. Make sure also it's ran as admin. I know you've already done that but sometimes windows 7 does that. I found with other applications (not just windower) a simple reinstall fixed the issue.

he's done that already...
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 17:59:21  
Another thing I'd try if you haven't is to right-click/Properties on launcher.exe, launcher_gui, pol.exe (in ffxi folder) and set administrative rights as in this image.

Phoenix.Hapa
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:00:20  

Tried this serveral times.

What version of windower are you running? Could try uninstalling and reinstalling windower or even the last version. I'm currently running windows 7 64-bit with no issues.

The last plugin issue would cause my POL to crash after I clicked the "Play" button. When was yours crashing exactly again?

Latest version.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 18:00:40  

lol, that isn't even accurate...

you don't know what the issue is...

he's done that already...

You don't either, stop assuming everything that comes out of your stupid head is fact.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:00:45  
Another thing I'd try if you haven't is to right-click/Properties on launcher.exe, launcher_gui, pol.exe (in ffxi folder) and set administrative rights as in this image.

Tries this. no go :/
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:04:05  
I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm not ignoring things that could be the issue, even if I don't think they are, as I'm not the programmer.

To do so would make me a buffoon.

so no, coming in here and criticizing people who are trying to cover all angles is not productive, get off your high horse, especially when you're giving inaccurate information.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2013-01-20 18:05:11  
Did you install DirectX 9c or are you running off what Windows 7 gave you?

Kind of browsed the thread, didn't read it entirely.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:06:07  
Bismarck.Dreadnot said: »

direct x 11
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2013-01-20 18:06:36  
Dx 11 does not have all the direct X9 files.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 18:07:01  
Just a random question, the version of ffxi you installed you said it was online, is it through steam?
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:08:47  
9.0c runtime web installer

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:09:32  
Just a random question, the version of ffxi you installed you said it was online, is it through steam?

yea from online, but no not steam
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:09:56  

I thought I had asked this, apparently not, man was I out of it last night...
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:11:27  

wont let me install, says my version is newer. how do you back date direct x. cant find where to remove it
 Leviathan.Behemothx
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 18:15:07  
Phoenix.Hapa said: »

wont let me install, says my version is newer. how do you back date direct x. cant find where to remove it

You can't, Windows 7 uses Direct X 11 features.

One little thing you could try, could you try setting every resolution to something easy like 1024x768, for overlay/background/menu(ffxi config) and windower's resolution in launcher.ini too
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:15:10  
gimme a few, I'll need to do a bit of research.

edit: can you try to install the directx from the game installer?

but before you do, what version is on it?

that link was from a question article about installing the missing 9.0c components on 11, I'll need to dig around more, I don't recall having to go through this, is this a fresh 7 install you did, or an OEM install?
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:16:03  
Phoenix.Hapa said: »

You can't, Windows 7 uses Direct X 11 features.

One little thing you could try, could you try setting every resolution to something easy like 1024x768, for overlay/backgroun/menu(ffxi config) and win windower's launcher.ini.

already tried all this with the resolutions. didnt help anything
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2013-01-20 18:20:08  
http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

Extract to a folder, run DXSETUP. This is what I use every time I reformat. I just reinstalled it to double check that you can run it with DX 11 installed.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2013-01-20 18:20:11  
I think Hapa just trolling a little bit; It is easier for someone with knowledge of computer systems to help via chat than to post a hundred posts in forum. I offered to help via skype chat, no response...
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:24:38  
http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

Extract to a folder, run DXSETUP. This is what I use every time I reformat. I just reinstalled it to double check that you can run it with DX 11 installed.

putting that away, I need to find a way to get that from M$ kb though, just to ease people's minds...

that's the standalone, no? not the web?
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2013-01-20 18:26:39  
It's a stand alone. I've been using it for almost a year and a half.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 18:27:36  
Valefor.Neokenesis said: »
I think Hapa just trolling a little bit; It is easier for someone with knowledge of computer systems to help via chat than to post a hundred posts in forum. I offered to help via skype chat, no response...

i'm not trolling, sorry I missed your post. sure we can do that
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 18:29:05  
It's a stand alone. I've been using it for almost a year and a half.

ah yeah, then this is the same one:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

same date, filename, and size, I'd check the hash value, but I'm lazy.