New PC Windower Not Working.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » New PC Windower not working.
New PC Windower not working.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 00:59:42  
3.5 should be enabled by default (iirc) and yeah, a plugin is more likely, but it's just another thing to check.

I should go through and update all my plugins and settings, but I won't allow myself to re-activate/play until after this semester.
 Phoenix.Hapa
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 01:33:15  
net frame work 4.0 sorry for the delay. 4.5 i need to get?

recast isnt the issue because the play online wont even open via windower
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 01:42:52  
.net 3.5.1 (the game is old, needs compatibility for the old ***, they're not entirely backwards compatible) (there's several installs at work that require .net 1.1, and they mean 1.1, although 3.5 is installed we still have to manually install 1.1 it's annoying).

and if a plugin is causing an error it can cause it to break at any point, even startup, so try to disable auto loading of all plugins for now.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 01:47:12  
have a link to help me find 3.5.1?
i'll try that
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 01:49:59  
Phoenix.Hapa said: »
have a link to help me find 3.5.1?
i'll try that

ugh I told you:

Jetackuu said: »
go to add/remove programs, go to turn windows features on or off see if .net 3.5.1 is installed.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 02:00:59  
no that option is not there
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 02:06:58  
maybe I should try a full reinstall of POL/ffxi?
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 02:07:19  
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 02:09:04  
I'd just do a reinstall of playonline from http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 02:09:27  
it's still more likely some autoload plugin is broken.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 02:33:29  
yea that didnt work. i'm going to try a reinstall
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 02:47:17  
also a fail. that didn't help anything. still no windower
By Beanrod 2013-01-20 03:05:26  
Something seems to be wrong with Recast. Even with the latest version I could not run windower. Go into your plugins folder in your windower folder and delete Recast.dll then launch. Worked for me, hope it does the same for you. :)
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 05:17:27  
Beanrod said: »
Something seems to be wrong with Recast. Even with the latest version I could not run windower. Go into your plugins folder in your windower folder and delete Recast.dll then launch. Worked for me, hope it does the same for you. :)

It did not :/
 Asura.Tattersail
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Tattersail 2013-01-20 05:22:35  
Or you can just download the latest Recast plug in. Worked for me. Also right click Launcher, go to properties and run it as Administrator.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 06:26:01  
Asura.Tattersail said: »
Or you can just download the latest Recast plug in. Worked for me. Also right click Launcher, go to properties and run it as Administrator.

already tried admin. it should be on page 1.
 Cerberus.Kommission
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kommission 2013-01-20 06:40:36  
Plugins aren't loaded until after the game is launched, why do you guys keep telling him to update plugins? He isn't even able to get that far. I can try to troubleshoot via Teamviewer if you want to at some point today, it would be a waste of time to keep performing checklist operations between posts.
[+]
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 07:06:34  
Hapa, first thing you need to do if it's a prebuilt pc is delete every stupid antivirus/firewall software you got in there.

Once you've deleted anything related to security and got windower to hook to pol install Microsofy Defender. Keep away from Norton, McAffee and all those pc hogs.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 09:13:54  
try to set uAC to the lowest setting, or to off.

I use it on the lowest setting as I like it blocking programs at times, most people just turn it off.
 Valefor.Lonelyhero
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Lonelyhero 2013-01-20 09:33:05  
i used to have this problem every time i reinstalled windows and it was always that id forgotten to setup the windower settings to match my screen resolution
By Checkmeout 2013-01-20 10:47:02  
when you download windower move the windower folder to another location in the C harddrive. I had the same problem running on windows 7 64 ... I made a new folder under my libraries and included the windower folder in that location.. then I right clicked the windower launch file (not the gui file) and clicked run as admin and it worked fine for me.. sometimes you have to delete and reinstall some of the plugins that come with the download as well... this worked for me so if you havent got it work yet, try this..
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 16:07:51  
try to set uAC to the lowest setting, or to off.

I use it on the lowest setting as I like it blocking programs at times, most people just turn it off.

UAC is on off.

Valefor.Lonelyhero said: »
i used to have this problem every time i reinstalled windows and it was always that id forgotten to setup the windower settings to match my screen resolution

Already did this. didn't work.

Checkmeout said: »
when you download windower move the windower folder to another location in the C harddrive. I had the same problem running on windows 7 64 ... I made a new folder under my libraries and included the windower folder in that location.. then I right clicked the windower launch file (not the gui file) and clicked run as admin and it worked fine for me.. sometimes you have to delete and reinstall some of the plugins that come with the download as well... this worked for me so if you havent got it work yet, try this..

Tried moving it around like 5 times.

Leviathan.Behemothx said: »
Hapa, first thing you need to do if it's a prebuilt pc is delete every stupid antivirus/firewall software you got in there.

Once you've deleted anything related to security and got windower to hook to pol install Microsofy Defender. Keep away from Norton, McAffee and all those pc hogs.

I took off all my antivirus and firewall for a bit to try this, also had no effect.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 16:09:42  
Cerberus.Kommission said: »
Plugins aren't loaded until after the game is launched, why do you guys keep telling him to update plugins? He isn't even able to get that far. I can try to troubleshoot via Teamviewer if you want to at some point today, it would be a waste of time to keep performing checklist operations between posts.

sure, seems like one of my only options.
 Valefor.Lonelyhero
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Lonelyhero 2013-01-20 16:45:05  
did you also make sure that it matches your backround resolution in the ffxi settings?
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 16:47:11  
going to ask this again, as I don't recall the answer:

have you tried from the launcher_gui?
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 17:02:11  
going to ask this again, as I don't recall the answer:

have you tried from the launcherd_gui?

yeap.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-20 17:08:02  
then double check your game resolution settings, windower settings, and background settings.

you know, I'd also try to scale it back some, as your graphics may be capable of handling native XI, the way windower plays with the settings it may not like.

it's a complicated mess, with 3 different programs working as one.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2013-01-20 17:11:46  
I sent you a PM, Hapa. I had the same issues with Windows 8 Pro x64, so maybe those will work for you.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-20 17:27:46  
then double check your game resolution settings, windower settings, and background settings.

you know, I'd also try to scale it back some, as your graphics may be capable of handling native XI, the way windower plays with the settings it may not like.

it's a complicated mess, with 3 different programs working as one.

lowered it as low as i could, still a no go.

processes come up, program never opens, then processes vanish.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-01-20 17:35:31  
Can't be about resolution since windower doesn't even bind to pol, his playonline viewer doesn't even launch.

Only thing I can think of is windows ain't granting admistrative rights as it should...