You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-16 07:17:10  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Salt Ramen too for food, don't think that was mention yet.
Not necessarily
To gain 90 eva from Salt Ramen you need >1800 base Evasion.
That's not gonna happen on BRD. Can get close to that with SV songs up.

Without SV you're realistically going to get more eva, most of the time at least, with Seafood Gratin. Cap is lower, but % is higher
12% vs 5%.
Not saying Salt Ramen is bad, it's not at all! Just wanted to make sure people noticed this small but key difference.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-05-29 09:57:47  
I wonder with the introduction of Prime Weapons if we’re getting a new song. Or just another annoying instrument to cycle through.
By IGDC 2022-05-29 10:09:03  
Asura.Topace said: »
I wonder with the introduction of Prime Weapons if we’re getting a new song. Or just another annoying instrument to cycle through.

Or another weapon (like Carn/Mandau/Twashtar) that isn't either of those options.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-11 19:54:25  
Has anyone done any direct testing with Con Anima and Con Brio? I was perusing the JP wiki and noticed something. The pages for both of them have the phrase, "This effect is multiplied in a separate frame from cut equipment." I'm only working off of Google translate but that almost makes it sound like they work similar to SDT. I always thought they were simply PDT/MDT and were part of the 50% cap.

Con Brio: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/37747.html
Con Anima: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/37746.html
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-14 13:16:05  
I went ahead and tested Con Brio and Con Anima to see exactly how they worked. It looks like they are applied in a separate step after your initial 50% DT.

5/5 without JSE.

5/5 with JSE.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-14 13:21:53  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
"This effect is multiplied in a separate frame from cut equipment." I'm only working off of Google translate but that almost makes it sound like they work similar to SDT.
PDT II and MDT II
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-14 13:31:06  
"This effect is multiplied in a separate frame from cut equipment." I'm only working off of Google translate but that almost makes it sound like they work similar to SDT.
PDT II and MDT II

Are PDT II and MDT II additive with PDT and MDT or are they applied in a separate step?
By SimonSes 2022-09-14 14:42:35  
PDT II and MDT II

Are PDT II and MDT II additive with PDT and MDT or are they applied in a separate step?

Additive.
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2022-09-22 11:37:19  
Lederic said: »
How does one replace 2x min with 2x ballad for mages? For example after buffing the group I want to song the mages with ballad but it will only overwrite the shortest song which will be Ballard, so can have 2x ballad. Any tips here?

Best and a 100% safe way to do this is to overwrite songs with ur harp. In my "harp set" i focus on reacst time, so no duration here (why have been asked alot "why is ur songs so short".. lol). But if u only use harpy to overwrite ur songs it will be enough.
The challenge is when more than one perons in the party want more than one "special" song for them self, it can be a challenge before JA wear off.

Anyway, basicly it goes like this: do all songs as usual,f.ex HM Mad March Min Min. Then enable harpy and pianissimo Mad Min Min, then disable harpy and pianissimo Minne Ballad Ballad.

... and expect the whm to /kneel in front of u! :p
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2022-09-22 11:42:19  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Salt Ramen too for food, don't think that was mention yet.
Not necessarily
To gain 90 eva from Salt Ramen you need >1800 base Evasion.
That's not gonna happen on BRD. Can get close to that with SV songs up.

Without SV you're realistically going to get more eva, most of the time at least, with Seafood Gratin. Cap is lower, but % is higher
12% vs 5%.
Not saying Salt Ramen is bad, it's not at all! Just wanted to make sure people noticed this small but key difference.

Also Seafood Gratin have meva too.
-Just felt to add that here^^
--Edit: got hungry, want ramen now!
 Asura.Artoriusrex
Guildwork Premium
user: yangjie
By Asura.Artoriusrex 2022-09-27 14:42:04  
does anyone have a non carn updated gear guide for buffs/debuffs precast etc or a LUA they could share please?
 Asura.Noxie
By Asura.Noxie 2022-09-27 16:34:11  
Asura.Artoriusrex said: »
does anyone have a non carn updated gear guide for buffs/debuffs precast etc or a LUA they could share please?

I don't think the set really changes at all. Best you can do differently duration-wise is to equip 2x Kalis. It adds up to 10% Duration+ in those slots. That will have to do you until you get your carn.

Also, @Seizan:
Asura.Seizan said: »
Anyway, basicly it goes like this: do all songs as usual,f.ex HM Mad March Min Min. Then enable harpy and pianissimo Mad Min Min, then disable harpy and pianissimo Minne Ballad Ballad.

Just sing your minuets first and marches last. The minuets will overwrite easily since they're the oldest songs. That way you don't have to pianissimo or harp-swap so many times. If you sing minuets first, you only need the harp to put up your two dummies, then you can use ghorn the rest of the time.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-27 22:24:16  
I have been using this guys info, I am not sure where I found the link to it.

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/355
By trinironnie 2022-10-13 10:57:21  
Anyone have a good EVA build for bRD? Would like to try it out for Seg runs.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-10-13 11:12:03  
trinironnie said: »
Code
    main="Ternion Dagger +1",
    sub={ name="Gleti's Knife", augments={'Path: A',}},
    range={ name="Linos", augments={'Evasion+14','Phys. dmg. taken -3%','AGI+7',}},
    head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
    body={ name="Nyame Mail", augments={'Path: B',}},
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    neck={ name="Bathy Choker +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Svelt. Gouriz +1",
    left_ear="Infused Earring",
    right_ear="Eabani Earring",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','Evasion+15',}},

Main/Sub can be Nibiru Knifes. ML's makes this easier.
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-10-16 00:45:32  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Code
    main="Ternion Dagger +1",
    sub={ name="Gleti's Knife", augments={'Path: A',}},
    range={ name="Linos", augments={'Evasion+14','Phys. dmg. taken -3%','AGI+7',}},
    head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
    body={ name="Nyame Mail", augments={'Path: B',}},
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    neck={ name="Bathy Choker +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Svelt. Gouriz +1",
    left_ear="Infused Earring",
    right_ear="Eabani Earring",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','Evasion+15',}},

Main/Sub can be Nibiru Knifes. ML's makes this easier.
Thank you!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 16:06:47  
Thoughts on the 567 tier for Horde Lullaby 2?
Now that we know the stats on Empy3 and we know that ML is gonna cap at ML50 for a long time, we can reach 567 quite easily but that means giving up ~49% song duration (14 from +3 AF3 body, 20 from +3 AF1 hands, 15 from +3 AF1 feet).

"best" scenario would be using AF1+3 body, AF2+3 feet, Harfner's Sash, Erato Cape ==> this allows to keep AF1+3 hands, generating 567 string skill, -29% duration and ~80 macc loss.

Otherwise you could be using AF1+3 body, AF3+3 hands, Harfner's Sash ==> this allows to keep AF1+3 feet and Ambu cape, generating 570 string skill, -34% duration, more or less no macc loss.

Of course could have two sets for Horde Lullaby II, one focusing on duration (486 tier) and one focusing on range (567 tier).
I dunno, I'm pondering this myself.
I see pros and cons, not sure I want to bother.

Edit:
All of the above calculations assume ML50, which we're supposedly getting in November if we're to trust the time table SE mentioned.
By trinironnie 2022-10-26 22:05:08  
Newish brd here but anyway to get ballad / minnie on tank for ody runs without one song being overwritten over n over? After full buffs (Hmarch Vmarch Valor 5 /4 and ACC) i try to cast minnie / ballad on tank but it keeps getting overwritten over n over.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-10-26 22:26:43  
Newish brd here but anyway to get ballad / minnie on tank for ody runs without one song being overwritten over n over? After full buffs (Hmarch Vmarch Valor 5 /4 and ACC) i try to cast minnie / ballad on tank but it keeps getting overwritten over n over.

Do you have HQ Mousai gear? If not it'll be a ***, you basically will have to wait till the last 10-15s of Nitro to try and get it on, otherwise they won't easily overwrite the Minuet
By trinironnie 2022-10-26 22:32:32  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

Do you have HQ Mousai gear? If not it'll be a ***, you basically will have to wait till the last 10-15s of Nitro to try and get it on, otherwise they won't easily overwrite the Minuet
Only Mou. Seraweels +1.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-10-26 22:36:10  

Only Mou. Seraweels +1.

Stick Minne first, wait like 30s and cast Ballad, should stick. Otherwise what I've done before, is cast the March and then have the tank pull, pianissimo the songs onto him after you've applied songs to the rest of the pty.
By trinironnie 2022-10-26 22:45:20  

Only Mou. Seraweels +1.

Stick Minne first, wait like 30s and cast Ballad, should stick. Otherwise what I've done before, is cast the March and then have the tank pull, pianissimo the songs onto him after you've applied songs to the rest of the pty.
Makes sense i'll mess around with it, Thank you!
By Vaerix 2022-10-27 03:14:33  

Ordering your songs fixes this, this is how I do it and always can apply minne and ballad to tank like this without large delays.

At start with clarion call
Minuets followed dummies followed by honor march and victory march last, can immediately piano the tank, minuets get eaten.

At the 2 resing points, nitro reapply party songs, in your case like this Minuet4, Minuet5, blade madrigal, honor march, victory march then ballad the healer, then piano the tank x2, minne then ballad, minuets should be overwritten.

At minimum cast times you have minuet minuet madrigal march march, that's 20s, ballad healer is 5 seconds for piano/cast, minne tank 5 seconds, then piano and ballad is 2 seconds. If you have more than 32 second deficit between minuet and ballad then there are probably equipment problems to address.
By SimonSes 2022-10-27 08:13:31  

Lol Im a little scared on those replies and surprised none gave him this answer yet >.>

You will overwrite the song with least duration unless you sing the song that someone has already then it will overwrite itself. If you have less duration on Ballads and Minnie then you can force two whichever songs you want to overwrite on PLD and cast it in no duration gear with Pianissimo.

So in your case, if you want to lets say overwrite minuets, you do Pianissimo Minuet V with no duration gear, then Pianissimo Minuet IV with no duration gear and that PLD now has two Minuets that are significantly shorter duration than his Honor, Vmarch and Madrigal. You then do Pianissimo Ballad and Pianissimo Minnie with normal duration gear and they will overwrite both Minuets.

This is a little more work, but gives you total control of what songs are overwritten and it's very helpful in many other situations when you might want to change songs for some reason.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-23 13:43:49  
Large update completed to the guide.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Obamiwannabuffya:_A_Bard_Guide_by_Funkworkz

• Changed sub job and merit point recommendations.

• Incorporated Empyrean +2/+3 armor everywhere.

• Revamped Idle sets.

• Created tanking (Enmity+) set and a Banish set.

• Added Evasion+ set from FFXIAH thread.

• Created a walkthrough section to teach players how to properly apply 3rd/4th/5th songs.

• Added thoughts about the Miracle Cheer.

• Fixed many typos.

• Misc. other things.

Feel free to leave feedback if you think I missed anything or have better recommendations for gear sets.

Edit: Better debuff set added, thanks Reain. Forgot to update it with Empyrean +3.

Edit 2: Added Asura.Jokes tip about Volte Brais and not losing TP.

Edit 3: More food options

Edit 4: Forgot about the 550 JP gift for an additional -5% song casting time
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-23 14:32:31  
Really nice work. I like volte legs for fast cast though. You can cap fast cast without changing weapons which is nice if you want to keep TP
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-23 14:43:55  
Hurray! After 20 years of not unlocking BRD, I'm Mastering it right now
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-11-23 15:06:59  
I've been enjoying Oden as a food. It's a good support/DD food with 70 ACC/M.Acc and INT/DEX +5.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-11-23 15:14:08  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Large update completed to the guide.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Obamiwannabuffya:_A_Bard_Guide_by_Funkworkz

• Changed sub job and merit point recommendations.

• Incorporated Empyrean +2/+3 armor everywhere.

• Revamped Idle sets.

• Created tanking (Enmity+) set and a Banish set.

• Added Evasion+ set from FFXIAH thread.

• Created a walkthrough section to teach players how to properly apply 3rd/4th/5th songs.

• Added thoughts about the Miracle Cheer.

• Fixed many typos.

• Misc. other things.

Feel free to leave feedback if you think I missed anything or have better recommendations for gear sets.

Edit: Better debuff set added, thanks Reain. Forgot to update it with Empyrean +3.

awesome :)

the 550 Gift gives a 5% Song Spellcasting Time reduction, I believe that counts toward the gear cap. that should open up some additional defensive slots for your ideal precast set
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-23 15:41:15  
OK thanks guys, incorporated everyone's suggestions.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63