You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-19 22:45:26  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
It would, yes, but I sub /BLM in case we somehow can't kill it within a CC T/N lullaby and a Marcato T/N lullaby so I can Elemental Seal another 3rd NQ Lullaby.

My Lullaby duration buffs consist of:

Carn
Gjallarhorn
Emp neck
Emp119 body
AF119 hands
Marduk +1 legs
AF119 feet

Do you have a seperate gearswap for that in ur brd lua? If yes, can you please tell me where to add it into my lua, since I am a brick when it comes to GS.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-19 22:48:02  
I just use Mote's GS. Has a "normal" debuff set and a "resistant" debuff set along with the option to add any song-specified gear as well. I just use all my duration gear in the "normal" debuff set and all my macc in the "resistant" debuff set. I'm pretty awful with gearswap as well.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-20 01:43:04  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Can you tell me how long does your HordeII last Llewelyn on Albumen adds?
The max possible duration with best gear atm is ~443.6 seconds.
That's 7 minutes and 23.6 seconds.
If you wanna see the complete formula for duration check this post thoroughfully.

Don't forget about the 5% duration you get from gifts.
Also accuracy isn't a real issue when you have Nightingale up (doubles your macc) and/or Soul Voice (greatly increase your macc), which is quite the case for situations like Albumen.

As far as your question about chironic, I already answered many posts above, but a tl;dr is:
Head ==> Gonna need quite some luck for what would be only slightly better at best.
Body ==> Good chances to get a great macc piece.
Hands ==> lolno, don't bother.
Legs ==> Quite good chances to get a better option than Fili+1 (not as good as body though)
Feet ==> Gonna be hard to get a better piece than perfaug Telchine, supposing you already have them. (If!)

In theory you can get awesome pieces for all slots, it's just that for some slots it would require such insane augments that I *personally* deem it not worth the effort.
For some slots it's quite accessible instead because you don't need "perfect augments" to receive an item that's better than all other currently available options in game.

Some other options for pure macc set in the 5 main slots

As far as duration gear instead

Hope I didn't forget about anything!

Do you have a seperate gearswap for that in ur brd lua?
No, I just have a manual trigger I activate with a key on my G-19 keyboard.
When active my "duration" set will be used instead of the "macc" set.
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-20 02:36:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Can you tell me how long does your HordeII last Llewelyn on Albumen adds?
When active my "duration" set will be used instead of the "macc" set.

Oh snap, thanks for the advice, I gotta do this!
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2016-05-11 20:53:19  
Soul Voice will prevent marcato duration job points from applying to lullaby (which I guess was to be expected, but made for an impressive explosion).
[+]
By kazekostryge 2016-05-12 01:03:03  
Does marsyas 50% duration beat out ghorns plus 4 songs for lullaby duration?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-12 01:16:19  
For duration yes, it does.
Song+4 is Duration+40%, Marsyas has 50% so if the % is calculated correctly and not in a strange way, it would be 10% more duration than Ghorn.

You would be losing out on Macc but that hardly matters in situations where you're focusing on duration because you typically have NiTro up or other stuff doubling your base macc.
Think I might have to update my sets to use Marsyas on Lullabies when I have my "duration mode" active.

That's gonna be quite annoying to do in my Lua given the current method I use to handle instrument swapping >____>

@Reain
Good finding, I wasn't aware of Marcato not applying but it makes sense. Since the Potency of Marcato doesn't get applied, its imbued +duration doesn't get applied either.
Sigh... now my duration calculation formula has to be updated to handle this exception as well.
I *** hate exceptions...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-15 08:57:43  
Just tested Marsyas and can confirm it does indeed give 10% more duration than Horn for Lullabies.

Marsyas should be the instrument to use on Albumen and Vinipata, I guess.
[+]
By kazekostryge 2016-05-15 21:29:42  
thanks for the confirmation sechs
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-10 06:57:35  
Small update on the new Inyanga gear.

Head => good for lolregen. It's okaysh for Debuff midcast but Bihu+1 is better

Body => awesome precast gear and also second best for midcast debuff. Good augmented Chironic is the best, Inyanga second, Zendik the third

Hands => new BiS midcast debuff hands, even better than perf aug Chironic and Fili+1

Legs => of course the duration is the new best and takes over marduk+1

Feet => Pretty much best for midcast debuff. Better than perf aug Telchine (even though no FC for recast) and slightly worse than perf aug Chironic. But perf aug chironic isn't realistic so I dare to call these the new BiS for midcast debuff.

Legs with 15% duration are gonna make it even more annoying to overwrite other songs with Pianissimo Ballad for mages, to the point I'm considering the scenario of not using Fili at all for that +1 Refresh on Ballad, honestly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-10 09:57:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Legs with 15% duration are gonna make it even more annoying to overwrite other songs with Pianissimo Ballad for mages, to the point I'm considering the scenario of not using Fili at all for that +1 Refresh on Ballad, honestly.
I love +1 to any particular song but yeah... The brd ambuscade cape has made things hell for me since I normally use DD songs first and mage songs second but now if I want to get full songs including songs on my brd then I have to use Tenuto which causes delay and it's own problems later on or I have to pianissimo the dd songs. So lately my brd just ends up getting Madrigals...
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2016-06-10 15:49:36  
Really pleased with the Inyanga+1 set. 169 more magic evasion than the 119 Bihu set. Plus we can get another 60 from Nibiru knife/Nibiru Harp/ambuscade cape plus another 50 from miso ramen. And it's all competitive or best in slot.

@Sekundes
Marcato job points will add 20 seconds to your the song you use it with which is probably gonna be madrigal (unless you have honor march) which makes ballading afterwards a pain.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-10 17:07:34  
The marcato bonus definitely adds to it. Wish they would have done duration bonus to Nightingale or Troubadour instead.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-06-12 12:16:24  
ItemSet 344146

My Chironic Hose have 30 MACC so far. (Barely edging out Inyanga in pure MACC assuming 1CHR:1MACC)

Kali would be 141 MACC compared to my Grio 157 MACC.

Magic Accuracy = ((Magic Acc Skill / 2 ) + 1) + MACC

I guess my question is what do I need to do to be able to land sleeps / threnody on T3 and beyond? (Outside NiTro and ES)
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-12 13:21:37  
Won't Inyanga+1 body give you more Macc than Brioso+1? 6 more CHR and higher hard Macc, sure it doesn't have the +skill, but unless you're using a harp to debuff, then it should have strictly higher total Macc. (I *think* with the string skill, it's effective Macc is the same as Inyanga+1's hard Macc. But then no Gjallarhorn.)
EDIT: lower recast too.

As for CHR=>Macc, I believe it works like INT and MND: Δstat yielding 2 CHR giving you either 1 Macc or 2 Macc depending on the target.
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-06-15 11:09:54  
I am kinda new to BRD, so don't throw stones for my question plz!

How do you think Weatherspoon+ Sangooma Ring fare in a debuff contet compared to, say 2 Carby rings +1?

I know there is some debate around Macc/Macc skill these days, but I want to know roughly if it's worth for me getting carbies +1.

Thanls (For ref. my set is a bit similar to Fiasko's.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-16 01:40:15  
Asura.Fiasko said: »
I guess my question is what do I need to do to be able to land sleeps / threnody on T3 and beyond? (Outside NiTro and ES)
Keep trying.
Threnodies help.
Rotate them until you land the one you need for the song you want to stick.
Little additional help!

FaeQueenCory said: »
Won't Inyanga+1 body give you more Macc than Brioso+1?
Yes.
Chironic (good augs) > Inyanga +1 > Zendik > Brioso.
Brioso loses even if you factor the string skill for harp, which shouldn't matter anyway because you shouldn't be debuffing with harp :P
Only situation I can think of is Horde Lullaby 1 to increase the range but meh

As for rings, Carb+1 is the best, but Weatherspoon is very very close.
If you don't wanna spend a fortune get a single carb+1 and use that plus weatherspoon?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-07 19:56:22  
I'm trying to get a bit more cure power out of my brd. Does anyone have any good sets? All the augments on everything makes finding gear much more annoying so I'm trying to see if I'm missing something but my sets are also very much out of date. Much of it is just mnd gear I tossed in because I'm capped on Cure potency already. I've been looking through gear for healing skill but it's been quite a chore.

ItemSet 330684 Edit: (changed for updates)
By Creecreelo 2016-07-07 21:11:18  
Vanya gear, augmented with healing magic skill.

Edit: This is for single target cures, yeah?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-07 21:17:32  
Incantor's Torque is 10 skill always AND a 1% chance to cast for 0MP.
You'll want the stinky ring for debuffing on BRD anyways, so not only is it BiS for that, it's a really good cure ring too. Better than Leviathan/+1 anyways.
You've got only 47% potency there too. But I'm assuming you've got an augment on those gendewitha pieces to put you at 50%.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-07 21:36:14  
Creecreelo said: »
Vanya gear, augmented with healing magic skill.

Edit: This is for single target cures, yeah?
It is indeed for single target cures. Though if my curagas need to use different gear I wouldn't mind making them worth using. I do go whm sub most of the time so I can use it, I just rarely do because they don't do much.
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-07-07 21:40:30  
ItemSet 344523

this is what i use: 50 C pot (17 head +13 hands + 10 back piece +10 feets) +77 healing skill -28cct
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-07 21:42:04  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Incantor's Torque is 10 skill always AND a 1% chance to cast for 0MP.
You'll want the stinky ring for debuffing on BRD anyways, so not only is it BiS for that, it's a really good cure ring too. Better than Leviathan/+1 anyways.
You've got only 47% potency there too. But I'm assuming you've got an augment on those gendewitha pieces to put you at 50%.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Incantors is on my list but Torque farming is ugh... So I haven't finished.

I'll pick up a Stinkini ring as soon as the price comes down a bit.

The Gende's are both auged with 4 cure potency. So I'm at 55% cure potency right now. I could drop the Mendi earring but I keep it on for the conserve mp.

Also, is there a decent cure calculator anywhere that's updated? I'd like to be sure I'm optimizing properly but also just not waste much time on things that are gunna get me +5hp.
By Creecreelo 2016-07-07 21:58:55  
There's also potentially Kaykaus armor and of course its HQ version. >:)

I'm not really sure though how to best utilize this armor off the top of my head for a Brd cure set. The A/B/C augment paths are just so disappointing.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-07 22:55:15  
Creecreelo said: »
There's also potentially Kaykaus armor and of course its HQ version. >:)

I'm not really sure though how to best utilize this armor off the top of my head for a Brd cure set. The A/B/C augment paths are just so disappointing.
Looking over it, I think the NQ (cause screw HQing that ***) is just not really that good. Vanya is seemingly better unless you're wanting to trade a bit of potency for -5 enmity augs.

It seems that the old cure calc's values are still accurate. Everything I tested cured right on the expected values. So I guess I can experiment before I go spending anything on it.

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-08 00:41:55  
My old set cured 775. 298mnd 186vit 201skill 50cp

Improved set cures 829. 313mnd 189vit 281skill 50cp
ItemSet 330684

I don't have vanya slops at the moment but that'll boost it to 841.

I'll still have a couple more things I can get but that's a decent improvement Curagas don't get much from healing skill. Wish they would change that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Rafleshia
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Rafleshia 2016-08-08 08:04:47  
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had a bard gearswap I could use. I have one I tried editing my gear into but it's not equipping the correct midcast. So I figured I'd start from scratch but I can't find another lua anywhere. Please halp!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By eliroo 2016-09-12 09:21:23  
What end game fights is a BRD absolutely required and what is the bare minimum that is needed for the BRD to perform in those fights (In regards to RMEA).

My current group lacks a geared BRD and I'm looking to alleviate that for end-game fights.
By Verda 2016-09-12 09:41:32  
Tumult Curator, Shadow Lord Master Trial, Vinipata, Albumen, at least one intense ambuscade was. Teles a BRD isn't required but Scherzo or EA or both can really help backline live on hate resets.

Everything below t4, master trials, TC, and intense ambuscade are too easy to really need required jobs at all imho, but BRD is really helpful especially for DD setups.

Minimum for Vini and Albumen would be all the duration gear you can get for lullabies, and job points in at least Clarion Call, and at least an instrument with 30% duration or +3 to lullaby, but +4 or 50% obviously a lot better. Mythic not required, but you will probably wipe a lot more without a mythic bard, resleeping stuff is dangerous and often will go wrong because it puts a lot of strain on team communication while everything else is going on. For very experienced people this isn't as much an issue, but is still very much something to worry about imo.

For Master trials, TC,and intense ambuscade, the more you have the better. You are used as both buffer and do lullabies, and even with Vini and Albumen INT songs and songs on the tank, and ballads for whm etc can help so, having more songs that are more potent are good there too. For DD setups on TC, SL Master Trial and Ambuscade however you want Aeonic, 4 song, and Ghorn, and probably a mythic too so your 1 hour buffs last a lot longer.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-12 09:50:15  
Awesome, Thank you Verda!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63