(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 206 207 208
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2013-01-03 00:34:03  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
What are you doing where someone can't toss you a Cure II or equivalent between fights, and is a regen set actually doing more for you than a refresh set in these situations?

For NNI i can say a hybrid regen/refresh set helped(with my group at least). It also is handy for Meeble Burrows.

I wasn't casting tier3's or absosrbAGI etc.. but endark and stun mainly.

Also for the Idle Refresh set you listed on the first page Balrahn's Ring is handy when the latent is active- not sure if anyone else mentioned that.
Agreed on the use of a regen set in NNI, though I'd point out that MP shouldn't be an issue there regardless - SCH can refresh you, Endark isn't worth casting since you're generally capped Ratio and should get Enspell from the aforementioned SCH, lots of undead, so it mostly comes down to the occasional Stun. I didn't fully clarify things in my initial post though - I'm focusing on situations where both regen and refresh sets have functional value. Can't speak for Meebles. Beyond that, I'm basically coming up with niche situations like solo trials on undead (though you'd have access to Entropy in this instance), things I wouldn't build a long-term idle set around if I had to cut out either refresh or regen gear from my inventory.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-03 00:37:28  
Opinions on Nocturnus Mail? Too lazy and/or drunk to think about it myself, doesn't look like a horrible choice compared to valk until I bother getting valk or armada
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-03 00:38:26  
As far as Refresh goes, the 2tic from Twilight mail and potentially 1 extra from ogier hands/feet is more than enough.
Might just be me, but I never really run out of MP (unless I cast impact for fun, 140tp or whatever when /sam and full stp gear is funny!)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2013-01-03 00:40:31  
Might as well if you don't have Ace's/Porthos/Neo-Limbus bodies. Looks nice, decently functional, nifty MDT piece too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-03 00:41:05  
I get to be a unique snowflake and it doesn't suck? Wearing it.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-01-03 08:04:50  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
What are you doing where someone can't toss you a Cure II or equivalent between fights, and is a regen set actually doing more for you than a refresh set in these situations?

For NNI i can say a hybrid regen/refresh set helped(with my group at least). It also is handy for Meeble Burrows.

I wasn't casting tier3's or absosrbAGI etc.. but endark and stun mainly.

Also for the Idle Refresh set you listed on the first page Balrahn's Ring is handy when the latent is active- not sure if anyone else mentioned that.
Agreed on the use of a regen set in NNI, though I'd point out that MP shouldn't be an issue there regardless - SCH can refresh you, Endark isn't worth casting since you're generally capped Ratio and should get Enspell from the aforementioned SCH, lots of undead, so it mostly comes down to the occasional Stun. I didn't fully clarify things in my initial post though - I'm focusing on situations where both regen and refresh sets have functional value. Can't speak for Meebles. Beyond that, I'm basically coming up with niche situations like solo trials on undead (though you'd have access to Entropy in this instance), things I wouldn't build a long-term idle set around if I had to cut out either refresh or regen gear from my inventory.
My entire thought process was that a Refresh set will only be useful in the few niche situations pointed out (and honestly I've only done ToM once for Ragna on drk but I didn't need to cast spells very much). A Regen set will be useful in more normal situations like NNI, Salvage, anything with running. Plus idling in -DT is safer than +DT like a Plastron would provide when training things (like happens in some of those events). Honestly I can't think of any normal situation where MP should be an issue, the only time I can remember ever running out of MP are very abnormal situations like being weakened and having to cycle through Drk procs in VW a bunch.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-03 08:42:35  
My idle set is predominantly refresh due to not enough inventory for additional pieces. I put in move speed, then twilight, then throw rogue ogiers around it. I slipped some DT into the remaining slots for good measure.

If ANY regen is actually making a difference between fights your mage/mule is being lazy. I have never been in a situation that i thought "boy if i had a 10 regen idle set this would be great" even before apoc. I have however been caught with my pants down on MP wiping mobs (nothing sucks more than realising ADL did mp wipe last fight when youre first stun).

Still, I agree both are semi-niche. I prefer having refresh gear so I don't have to ask for refreshes when I want to endark/stun/***. I can't justify benching other gear for an idle set......
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-03 10:41:45  
I stack regen + twilight mail. Entropy for MP as needed. If I'm using Rag I'm probably not casting anything more then endark and stun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-01-03 12:50:02  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
480 delay, Resolution, one-miss-tolerant.
6-hit - 30/0, 27/10, 25/20
5-hit - 59/10, 58/14, 57/17, 56/20, 55/25

Thanks, Raelia, that was exactly what I was actually looking for. The week before I took a couple weeks off of ffxi, I finished my OAT GS and haven't properly been on drk since I got back and thus never found the time to expand on my sets beyond a /sam 5hit. I now know what I'll be typing out today.

As for Idling, when PDT isn't needed, I'll be using some spare pieces from other jobs if the current situation allows me me to bring those items. Twilight Helm and Mail always make it, if inventoy permits I'll bring Wiglen Gorget and the 2 Regen Rings. Ogier's hands and feet might finally make it into my inventory if the hands end up being part of a /war OAT GS 5hit set. And possibly even the new Apoc AM set with Ker's legs that I saw Austar come up with.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-03 22:50:35  
57/17 is the most common (WS in Ogier/Rose/Brutal/Hagneia for +18) but with how nice Fracas Grenade is it's definitely worthwhile to get Kokou's Earring in your TP set for the 58/14 and have both rings and ammo available on Reso.

Until then it may also be more viable to WS in Ogier/Rose/Brutal/Rajas so you can use Fracas and drop 1 STP from your TP set and only be trading maybe 2 STR for it then, but that's pretty much only dropping Brutal Earring for no reason from TP set, so the question is then just 'Do you have Fracas?'

These are still relevant to /SAM of course. 55/25 is probably the best target for a non-Phorcys build and the only change from the /WAR 30/0 6-hit is WSing in Rose/Brutal/Rajas.

Sorta why I push OAT quite a bit too: For how easy it is to make, it's also super adaptable to what gear you've got for it.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-03 22:54:41  
Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
And possibly even the new Apoc AM set with Ker's legs that I saw Austar come up with.
Mine is actually ares +1 legs.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-03 23:53:15  
consensus on something like this for a low-acc set? considering that Urteil's liberator delay isn't being accounted for in terms of sTP values. Apoc perhaps, but Ragnarok unlikely

credit goes to urteil on this one
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2013-01-04 00:18:27  
Quetzacoatl said: »
consensus on something like this for a low-acc set? considering that Urteil's liberator delay isn't being accounted for in terms of sTP values. Apoc perhaps, but Ragnarok unlikely

Duplus Grip? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-04 02:16:18  
well of course, lol

I'm just posting that as a point of reference to build upon
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-04 02:47:16  
Using Enif for the Accuracy is silly if you have even NQ Adaberk.

Even Urteil says that's not a good set in the linked post, and I'm inclined to agree so long as it isn't even a 5-hit. Gonna WS in +27 STP on that or something? /SAM? I don't get it. If your accuracy is dropping from cap in some event or on some mob, you're probably looking at a 12% haste set anyway or should have the attack buffs to make attack food pointless and eat some Pizza or Sushi instead.

38/15 was ye-olde standard for 528 delay. 46/0 is probably the best target. 44/7 works since there aren't any good ammo pieces for Entropy, so Rose+Hagneia and I forget what it frees up on TP.

This is why I suggested not bothering with showing sets at all, and just giving common targets.

528 Delay, Guillo/Insurgency/Entropy:
6-hit - 17/0, 16/4
5-hit - 38/28, 39/24, 43/10, 44/7, 46/0
4-hit - 81/30 (Plausible with STP Atma and other silliness)
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-04 09:33:26  

Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-04 09:41:05  
I keep wanting to post but i dont wanna think about gearsets til after the embrava nerf :<
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-04 11:56:29  
Well you know how the nerf looks like if you bring SCH to salvage v2.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-01-04 12:08:46  
well of course, lol

I think the joke was that he sold the Duplus to pay Deadwing when he lost the ballista challenge.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-04 12:34:07  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

I meant that instead of using "MA HASTE CAP" sets for LR up/down. It'll be embrava/marches/none sets for lr up/down.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-04 13:19:20  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

I meant that instead of using "MA HASTE CAP" sets for LR up/down. It'll be embrava/marches/none sets for lr up/down.

+3 Marches you would need an extra 4% haste:

64+96+48+48+150/1024 = 39.6%

Most decent BRDs will have +4 or +5 Marches.

+4 would be:
64+64+64+96+150/1024 = 42.7%
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-04 13:35:03  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

+4 would be:

Right but the proposed embrava nerf coming soon was changing the haste from embrava to 25% @ 500 enhancing. That plus 15% magic "haste" from haste is going to put my "magic capped" sets ~4-5% shy of being valid.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-04 13:35:57  
Asura.Failaras said: »
well of course, lol

I think the joke was that he sold the Duplus to pay Deadwing when he lost the ballista challenge.
Ah, thanks for clarifying that.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-04 14:50:24  

+4 would be:

Right but the proposed embrava nerf coming soon was changing the haste from embrava to 25% @ 500 enhancing. That plus 15% magic "haste" from haste is going to put my "magic capped" sets ~4-5% shy of being valid.

After the nerf you'll probably never see Embrava again.

If for some random reason you have Embrava you'll want to have 5% extra haste in your set. But, chances are you'll have a BRD in the pty as well that could sing a single march.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-04 15:11:08  
True. SE is taking notes from D2 era blizzard on "fixing" things here (Nerf anything good into the ground).

In the event that we decide to bring a sch (something we need 4-non march songs on????) i'll still have to have an embrava variable. Either way I'm not even going to think about splitting the sets til then because i've been lazy and I wanna see if any other new gear comes out before I work out sets I'll never use (replacing bale pieces with ares +1 in high haste siuations has already come to mind).
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2013-01-04 17:24:53  
How would Valkryie's Cuishes compare to Ogier's Breeches for entropy? Prolly wouldn't matter but mine is augmented str +7 vit +7 haste 2 .-.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-04 17:47:40  
If you need four non-march songs, you bring a COR instead.

The +3% WSD on Ogier's only applies to the first hit, so Valk legs are likely better.

Best Entropy legs are easily Huginn/Hrafn, even the NQ is fine since the -1s don't seem to exist and the abjuration is easy to get from Bismarck/Morta. The Conserve TP augment is nearly irrelevant besides that it stacks with soil belt though.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-01-04 17:48:09  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mine is actually ares +1 legs.

Herp-a-derp, yes, that.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-04 17:49:36  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
How would Valkryie's Cuishes compare to Ogier's Breeches for entropy? Prolly wouldn't matter but mine is augmented str +7 vit +7 haste 2 .-.

Spread sheet shows them a good bit behind Ogiers and Huginn obviously the best.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-04 17:52:52  
Spread sheet shows them a good bit behind Ogiers and Huginn obviously the best.
You sure you put Ogier's Breeches and not Ogier's Leggings? Or are you just picking a silly hard target?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 206 207 208