(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 206 207 208
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-10 15:51:07  
Finally got my hands on the Anahera Scythe and since i'm a scythe loving spell casting weirdo drk,
I immediately ran off to nuke with it and build a set around it.

Seems legit...

Disclaimer: This is for RoE/salvage/WKR and other 'not srs bizness' things.

I was pleasantly surprised at the helix damage with /sch >.>

Missing Ker Hands, AF2+2 Body, Zuuxowu Grip to have a perfect mab+magicDmg set.
This is what I use atm.
ItemSet 319536

I'm not sure if AF2+2 body or Ker hands would be worth going after since you'd lose 46int to get 20mab. Absorb-INT and the +INT from all the wayfarer pieces seems to be an essential ingredient to get consistent max damage nuke/dot on adoulin targets.

If you /sch and self storm, bliz 3 will give highest peak damage since you cant self thunderstorm.

I love this scythe, i need to redo my merits and get 5/5 entropy again >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-02-12 20:24:36  
I just 119'd my Ragnarok today, and I'm dusting off my Dark Knight for the first time in a while, and I'm trying to make a 6-hit build /WAR, and the set listed by the author of this guide doesn't seem to be adding up:

ItemSet 286532

At +44 Store TP this set is calculating at 15.8% TP per swing... Am I missing something with this build?
By Kyler 2014-02-12 20:33:46  
Probably assuming Sam roll or something not stated... It's overkill for a 6 hit /sam too but overflow is good for reso anyway.

Also, don't /war kthanks
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-12 20:35:43  
Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I just 119'd my Ragnarok today, and I'm dusting off my Dark Knight for the first time in a while, and I'm trying to make a 6-hit build /WAR, and the set listed by the author of this guide doesn't seem to be adding up:

ItemSet 286532

At +44 Store TP this set is calculating at 15.8% TP per swing... Am I missing something with this build?
Hasso&meditate > berserk
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-12 20:36:29  
Yeah the Apoc /war 5 hit set doesn't add up either but Phorcys Dirs will put you up to 50 STP which will be a 6 hit.
 Asura.Ruzoko
サーバ: Asura
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2014-02-12 23:19:34  
just returned today and have no clue what gear is worth using anymore, people still use tp builds these days? and whats the deal with sparks gear?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-18 03:04:06  
I have questions.

-When are the gear sets getting an update?
-Has anyone made any recent sets using AF 119?
-Thoughts on the new Relic 119?
-Do we seriously need to keep using Mekira Oto +1 for Resolution with Ragnarok 119? (seems really out of place)
-Any of the new Cizin +1 equipment any good for DRK?
-Is DRK any good for the new skirmish?

Not able to play properly til later on today. So am seeking information on my jobs, and DRK comes first of course.

New Relic 119 Equipment:

Head - Double edged sword. The AF119 gives Dark Magic skill, while this gives Dark Magic recasting time. You could use it for fodder mobs to get dark magic back quicker but ... Aside from that, the STR value is the highest you can get? The attack falls behind other pieces though.

Body - Hard to say, need to see the 119 stats.

Hands - Appears to fall just behind Avesta Bangles by 1 skill, however I like the Drain & Aspir potency. Would rather get this then Avesta.

Legs - The Dark Magic skill lacks behind Bale +2, but I can imagine it beating that after going to 119.

Feet - Compared to Whirlpool, it has 6+ STR -5 Attack and no accuracy. The most interesting stat is Last Resort+1. No idea what it means, but hopefully you don't have to wear it constantly to get the effect.
 Ragnarok.Headache
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-02-18 03:31:30  
It's gonna be a couple seconds of duration like the NQ feet

Edit: Nvm NQ feet lowered defense down by 10%
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-18 11:10:51  
not impressed by them and not impressed by the new skirmish stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-18 13:12:44  
I guess i'll be the only one that gets excited about the fallen finger gauntlets+1 because of the mab/drain/aspir and the mab on the body.
Would it really kill them to add alot more INT on drk gear to make Entropy stronger?
By Yandaime 2014-02-21 10:27:06  
Me and an LS mate were talking about this but what about Lentus Grip for Ragnarok? The grip comes from Kam la' Naut v2 and adds 5% delay to the weapon. This would put Rag's delay at 452 thus GREATLY improving it's hit builds. Should be able to get 5 - hit setups with that grip Without too much trouble.

Thoughts?

*** I'm at work or I would spreadsheet it myself. I just now remembered that this grip exists lol
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-21 14:04:37  
it wouldn't be easy to 5 hit. It would just be an easier 6 hit, which you can achieve through /sam and STP stuff. For /nin I think it might help a little, need to do the math on that.
By Yandaime 2014-02-21 16:30:44  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
it wouldn't be easy to 5 hit. It would just be an easier 6 hit, which you can achieve through /sam and STP stuff. For /nin I think it might help a little, need to do the math on that.

Oops, my mistake. Yea, 5-hitting would be possible but impractical. But still, it should make it easier to 6-hit to allow more flexibility in gear setups (That's only if flexibility were desired to begin with) I just figure I'd throw the Grip's Name into the hat to raise awareness. Weather or not it helps, hard to say til I get to poking through spreadsheets.

Random question while I'm here. Does anyone know where I can find the approximate defensive stats of all the AAs? Evasion | Vitality | Defense | Etc. It would be nice to know as much about our targets as possible for more efficient gear setups is all; Acc Heavy vs Hume and Mithra, Attack vs Taru, Galka, and Elvan??? All I know so far is that Mithra has 1200 Evasion, the other stats are a blank far as I've seen so far.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2014-02-21 16:58:54  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have questions.

-When are the gear sets getting an update?
-Has anyone made any recent sets using AF 119?
-Thoughts on the new Relic 119?
-Do we seriously need to keep using Mekira Oto +1 for Resolution with Ragnarok 119? (seems really out of place)
-Any of the new Cizin +1 equipment any good for DRK?
-Is DRK any good for the new skirmish?

Not able to play properly til later on today. So am seeking information on my jobs, and DRK comes first of course.

New Relic 119 Equipment:

Head - Double edged sword. The AF119 gives Dark Magic skill, while this gives Dark Magic recasting time. You could use it for fodder mobs to get dark magic back quicker but ... Aside from that, the STR value is the highest you can get? The attack falls behind other pieces though.

Body - Hard to say, need to see the 119 stats.

Hands - Appears to fall just behind Avesta Bangles by 1 skill, however I like the Drain & Aspir potency. Would rather get this then Avesta.

Legs - The Dark Magic skill lacks behind Bale +2, but I can imagine it beating that after going to 119.

Feet - Compared to Whirlpool, it has 6+ STR -5 Attack and no accuracy. The most interesting stat is Last Resort+1. No idea what it means, but hopefully you don't have to wear it constantly to get the effect.

The head is the highest FC head for DRK for anything dark magic. Endarks,dread spikes etc. Avesta for endark obviously and the 119 hands for drain/aspir potency.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-22 11:09:29  
If your darkmagic skill is not dividable by 25 (or 5? i need to double check), adding more does nothing according to the formula. I need to double check. It is inventory +1 to not have to carry Avesta.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-22 12:26:19  
If your darkmagic skill is not dividable by 25 (or 5? i need to double check), adding more does nothing according to the formula. I need to double check. It is inventory +1 to not have to carry Avesta.

Really? Never heard of that before. Anyway, getting Avesta at this point.. you just know its +1 inventory space, why bother going out of your way to get them, its only 1 dark magic skill difference. Would rather have some ilvl gear on when recasting endark so any AoE would likely hit me for less then have that small increase from 1 skill.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-22 12:58:37  
Equation: Starting Potency = 12 + floor( Dark Magic Skill ÷ 20 )×3 - floor( Dark Magic Skill ÷ 40 )

So yea, if it not dividable by 20, it is useless since the formula floors any decimals.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-23 03:59:43  

Base Magic Accuracy is about the only thing extra skill adds. It's the same with enspells.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-23 04:47:26  
Your text to link here...

So if Endark gives 2.5 every 20 levels, rounded down (so 2 more) then wouldn't 10 levels give 1.25 rounded down to 1?

Edit: After trying both formula (one from ffxicylopedia and the other from bgwiki) using 500 dark magic skill (I have 502), bgwiki formula says I should have 74.5 whereas ffxicylopedia gives 75.

Edit2: After logging in and trying endark with 502 skill, i get 75 extra attack, meaning the BGwiki formula is slightly wrong? Should be 12.5 not 12.
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-04 22:50:40  
Not sure if people are still posting on this, but what are good alternatives to Pak +1 body? I have NQ atm and highly doubt HQ is obtainable since they're so rare/so expensive.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-03-04 23:15:25  
kithaofcerb said: »
Not sure if people are still posting on this, but what are good alternatives to Pak +1 body? I have NQ atm and highly doubt HQ is obtainable since they're so rare/so expensive.

Pak is the way to go at the moment. Armade Hauberk comes close, but even with the greatest augments, Pak is still slightly better.

On something totally different, I took Cizin Hands to +1 today, put a +2 stone on it, and got Double Attack +1. Which is nice.
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-06 07:15:16  
Thank you for the advice. It's just unfortunate how rare the piece is to see :(
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-03-20 19:48:51  
Have gear sets changed at all? Any of the new delve gear essential?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-21 05:26:15  
The body seems to replace Pak, which is nice to have a more defensive body piece. Cizen +1 gloves are also nice for the extra 1% haste and better overall stats, I augmented mine and got PDT/MDT -3 and ACC +10. Kinda like the acc since it's also my PDT set and that tends to have much less acc the full TP set.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-21 13:06:36  
Tajabit's additional effect: stun has an awful proc rate, as I'm sure everyone expected. Looks to be about 1% just killing time on T1 VNMs in Sauromogue Champaign.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-03-21 20:29:50  
I don't think the body replaces Pak +1, the NQ yes, the HQ is probably slightly better still at least offensively.
[+]
 Odin.Botosi
サーバ: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2014-03-21 20:38:12  
I tried a shitload of different sets and found the best possible sets leaving pak +1 ahead of xaddi by a little more than 1 dps as drk/war and behind xaddi by 7dps as drk/sam. Trux earring seemed to open up the possibilities. I thought tripudio would probably be more useful but trux actually allowed the new set im up using to pull ahead. So yeah id use xaddi over pak +1 considering drk could use the extra defensive stats
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 04:00:39  
Quote:
So yeah id use xaddi over pak +1 considering drk could use the extra defensive stats

Similar to the Thaumas vs Qaaxo comparison. Thaumas wins in absolute damage, but the extra defensive stats from Qaaxo make it the far better body piece. Pax being level 100~101 makes it not much better then 99 era gear. The time of pretending the target doesn't hit back when doing gear sets has pretty much come to an end.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 206 207 208